Police caught spying on me, what to do?

So I just pulled into my driveway and saw a police officer not only looking down toward my house from a road which lead to a series of apartments, but actively stared and went out of her way to look as I went into the house.

Now, let's say hypothetically that perhaps I have done something illegal in the past that I regret relating to three computer devices in my house, a computer, an Iphone and a laptop. I have a few questions on the matter, completely hypothetically of course:

Are deleted files recoverable on any of the above devices I listed? How can I be sure to purge all deleted files without destroying any of the above devices?

I, for the next few weeks, hypothetically will be getting up extremely early now to hear a knock on the door and be prepared. Is it smart to destroy my phone before I open the door, for example? Or can I be charged for that if they find evidence I destroyed the device (assuming they're after the phone).

Is it more intelligent to get rid of the three devices as fast as possible? I'm luckier than most people to have experienced a potential heads up before they come knocking.

Also, anyway to purge an Iphone as fast as possible without showing any apparent damage externally?

Thanks Holla Forums, I may or may not be freaking out at the moment. Any help may or may not be greatly appreciated. Any personal experiences on the matter would be helpful.

The party van is coming for you user! Delete everything right now!

Or

She was in the area on some routine business completely unrelated to you and just happened to notice her looking at you

eaither way you're completely fucked. Stop looking a CP, they know.

Burn everything op

If they're coming for you because of illegal activity and want your electronic devices they won't knock first.

I'd ideally like to think it was completely on unrelated business. But her entire demeanor, and the fact she moved to watch me pull in. To be honest, I have no idea why such a rookie would make her presence known, she was literally wearing her uniform and just standing there staring at me.

An hour later I checked the area and there was no sign of her… But they could be anywhere, watching, in an unmarked vehicle just parked nonchalantly.

What I'm honestly thinking about doing is exactly that. Hypothetically, of course.

I'm not actually sure if this is the case or not. From the stories I've heard, they usually knock first, but moments later they might attempt to kick down the door if they think.

What I'm interested in is whether destroying a device they want is more illegal then the potential crime itself? Can they book me, hypothetically, under the suspicion I did the crime they suspected me of? Is it just smarter to destroy the devices before they even show up?

Honestly pretty disappointed this is happening. I've tried so hard, hypothetically, to stop what I did years ago, but I guess it doesn't matter.

where are you from?

Australia

I've heard of people getting charged in really blatant cases for 'tampering with evidence' but if there's pizza on you're computer then a tampering charge is absolutely nothing if you get away with the rest. And they're hard to make stick, I've only heard of people getting charged when it's like something rigged to make the hard drive sustain physical damage.
Yes for the laptop and computer, it's recoverable until the memory is used again, even internet caches. No idea about an iphone. If you're not tech savy but can afford it I'd just physically break everything.

All that being said I think you're being paranoid.

Oh I have no idea if what I said about destroying evidence applies then.

Assuming there's potentially some ancient one or two pizza videos I carelessly downloaded, plus a few folders of deleted shota and loli (which is illegal in Australia), I feel a tampering with evidence charge is absolutely worth experiencing over a full on pizza charge and forever to be marked as a predator.

I'm honestly thinking if I could get away with pretending they were Government agents trying to get at some illegal leaked documents I thought were authentic because I'm an anti government loon, and then be "shocked" when they say they're here for pizza.

It's stupid, but honestly, I'm desperate. Or it'd probably be smart just not to say anything at all and just wait for a lawyer.

I can get rid of the pc pretty easy without breaking it. I could destroy the laptop pretty easily. It's the phone which I'd prefer not to destroy unless they come knocking, which I'd be willing to do.

That's what I'm hoping and praying is the case. The saving grace is the fact that the officer was just standing there for me to very clearly see, unless she was just a stupid amateur.

The US always struck me as more intense when it came to charging criminals. Saying that though, their courts fundamentally focus on a presumption of innocence… Here, I'm not sure.

shred

Youre a fucking idiot and should break all your electronics so you dont have the means to post here anymore.

If all the devices use conventional mechanical drives, just do a DoD 3pass wipe and you're good. If solid state like ssd drive or phone or flash drive etc then actually physically destroy it by smashing the shit out of it with a hammer to the point where it's just bits.

As for destroying evidence, seems they'd have to prove there was evidence there to begin with. I mean, does no one have the right to destroy their own property lest they wish to be jailed in the event that whatever they destroyed contains random evidence of some alleged crime?

If you destroy it now, you'll be better off than frantically destroying it as they're busting down your door like the guy in that one webm where he's wrecking all his computer equipment as the swat is busting in. Someone should post that as it's relevant to this bread

you have schizophrenia

It's happened before, it'll happen again.

That'd be eternally preferable.

I think i'll go about destroying the devices, or getting them as far away from me as possible.

The case of destroying evidence is vague, but from what I can tell, if they believe your reasonably capable of knowing that what you purged had illegal shit on it, then they can potentially at least lay a tampering with evidence charge. I can get levied a 10 year sentence at the max. But that's infinitely better then the other option. But the courts could compensate for this by providing different forms of evidence.

What happens in cases of a missing device? I know ISP's can directly see the name, or even the model, of the kind of device your using (assuming they're tracking everything I do). If the law rocks up to a property and discovers the very device they needed to prove the crime was occurring was not available to them, can they still hit me with the charge in regard to the detection itself by the ISP?

It's all so very confusing. I think just destroying it all is the safest bet at the moment, I'll deal with the rest when the time comes.

I forgot about that. Looked for it for a minute but all I found was news coverage about presidential candidates. Iirc the guy looked like he pretty much got everything.

Do they hate fun, cute things and freedom?

This is real is it?

Did the fella get off with any charges?

Yes, it is very sad

Start the stretching process with different sizes of butt plugs so when they rape you in jail it won't hurt so bad

You probably dont realise cause your clearly just as retarded as OP but 99.99% of the cases of someone getting arrested for CP had nothing to do with just downloading it.

Make your WiFi free so your neighbors and anyone driving by can use it.
Plausible deniability.

What did then? Distributing it?

Pretty smart, but we're talking something like 2 years ago. I'm not sure if it'd fly in court.

Get a mental image of your cp so you can fantasize about it when your getting pounded by nigger dick in jail

The things I've seen eat at me. I've reformed myself, but doom seems to be inevitable.

Yes, deleted files are easily recovered by Police forensic teams even if you empty your recycling bin.

purge it with fire.

Taskforce Argos is coming to get you m8o, your fucked.

1. You're probably just paranoid.
2. The only reliable way to destroy all data on flash or ssd memory, like in a cellphone, usbstick, or ssd drive, is to completely pulverize all of it into powder. There is no 100% foolproof way to delete it.
3. In most cases a few passes that overwrite 100% of a magnetic storage device like a mechanical hd are enough to make anything stored on it irretrievable, unless you have state secrets that an entity with extraordinary resources would be motivated to use. In that case, complete pulverization would be even better.
4. If you create encrypted partitions in the first place, using a reliable method like LUKS, and a strong passphrase, anything stored on them is 100% irretrievable without the passphrase, by any person or state in the world. This is true on any kind of media, flash, ssd, hd, whatever.
5. Don't do illegal things on your devices. Bubba is waiting for you in prison, and he's lonely because his other cellmates all met sudden, violent deaths.
6. If you ever hurt any kid(s) I swear to god I'll find you myself and make sure you pay the price.

Have a nice day.

OP, I'd suggest accidentally leaving all your thermite on top of the hard drives of your devices near an open flame, perfectly reasonable mistake to make, happens all the time.

Since you're already going to jail, you might as well grab her by the pussy

Thanks for the advice, it's greatly appreciated.

And no, the thought of anyone harming a child disgusts me. I when through a dark period of my life a few years ago and I can't stand the things I saw, I'm not sure why I did something so stupid or careless in the first place.

This is what you get for living in Dingoland
Have fun in thw pokey, sodomite

The quickest way to irreversibly delete a HDD (dunno about SSDs) is to put it in the oven and set it to self clean. Secure deletion takes hours and hours. This works by demagnetizing the disks, and is finished in just a few minutes. Quick enough that if you put it in while answering the door for a warrant, the drives won't be discovered before the data is beyond their reach.

Throw another fag on the barbie

Post said content or fuck off

While technically true, even zeroing out a conventional disk is sufficient enough for most cases. Unless your drive contains plans to assassinate the president, no agency will spend the immense time and resources to recover data from a wiped disk just to find a picture of a mall creepshot of a girl's ass

yes

Is right. It's been found zero pass is sufficient. Also keep in mind that if they found baked or pulverized HDDs in your possession they could try to pull some "destruction of evidence" bullshit.

The sad truth is as long as you have a mobile they can spy on you. Also beware of any botnets or software that has backdoors for the feds. If you have Windows 10 get rid of it, it is spying on you and as we all know the big businesses and the law have a very close relationship.

U probably have some illegal shit, even small breasted animu pics are illegal
U can delete shit, I'll lurk and tell u how
I don't think they can know if u download from an HTTPS secured website

Are u telling me you don't have the right to destroy your own properties ?

delete all you want it wont make any difference, if they are watching you they already know what you've been looking at

I just love how retarded law system can be in some countries. Owning loli or hentai which is completely fictional and has nothing to do with real children being sexually abused, can actually net you prison time.

Most people just happen to fap stuff like that but have no real sexual interest on any children whatsoever.

give him the finger

Rape the police chief daughter to show them!

Just smash it all for being gay pedo apple products. Don't feel bad. Tim Cook is a gay pedophile too

From what ive seen and came to know, every boy loves his molestation experience

Just backup the stuff you need from the PC and Laptop and destroy the Hard drives.
I'd recommend just getting rid of the iPhone, try selling it on Craigslist or something similar

Simply put, OP, you fucked up by treating electronic devices as indesposable.

I'm too lazy to even source where you said it but you said something about ===NOT WANTING TO DESTROY YOUR PRECIOUS BELONGINGS=== as if a few hundred or thousand bucks are worth your liberty.

Typical of any pedo or self absorbed cunt who takes pride in a vanity object such as a computer. You obvy did something wrong OP and now you're too sentimental to smash your own undoing.

If your excuse is about not needlessly wasting money and smashing objects that are still useful then why ask for help?

My brand of help can't help you in your immediate situation but it'll save you the tme it takes for learning why you were stupid.

Anything can be backed up and saved beforehand. Doesn't matter if it takes too much time to reinstall your precious shit. If you genuinely can't afford new electronics you should have realized from the start that computers aren't born loyal to you. As such it would be prudent to have a plan ready to murder them just as some people might do to a real human snitch.

=BONUS: THE ELECTRONIC IS EASIER TO MUDER THAN A BREATHING WITNESS!!=

Can you be jailed for just looking a pizza?
Not downloading, but willingly going on some weird onions?

I would say that they could possibly charge you with intent, though I don't know how intent works since the law, as far as I know, prohibits only possession. I don't even think having it in your cache constitutes as possession since that did not involve voluntarily storing the image.

I am probably wrong with everything I just said, though.

It depends on the state or technicalities. Federally yes it's probably illegal to view pizza willingly. But good luck trying to prove that unless they catch you with multiple instances of viewing it or witness testimony. Plus cp arrests are mainly for those distributing, downloading, paying, and producing it IE if they can warrent spending their tax dollars on an investigation. LEA wont be going after basement dwellers searching on obscure onions. They wouldn't be worth the time or money.

They would

Anyway I'm not a dangerous guy and not american so I think I won't get it too hard, and I didn't download anything, just browsing some galleries

But I know it will happen
I've got a gun to shot myself if they ever knock at my door anyway

you either BURN THEM ALL TO ASHES or you take them somewhere far away and safe, and format the shit out of them. I think you have to fill them up with other shit until 100% capacity, that way the illegal data is overwritten and destroyed, otherwise I think it lingers there even if you deleted it.
or just take HDD from the comp and laptop and burn them, I dunno what to do about the phone, just burn it to ashes

If you have to ask the files and their fingerprints are all over those devices. It takes a competent technician and an understanding of forensics to keep those records from being made. Hell you're probably not even making this thread from a VPN, so expect it to be "exhibit C"when they come for you. Best thing to do: "accidentally" throw away a box containing your device, followed by some very heavy bricks. That you take out and drop again. A dozen times until they're unrecognizable. Then get a Linux machine and learn how to secure it.

If they're watching your house they've already linked your activities to your ISP, IP, and physical address. You might get away with physically destroying your hard drives and replacing them with new ones

Also if they have enough to bring you in the certainly will not be knocking on your door. They'll use power company records to find out what time you work and kick in the door when you're not there or when you're asleep.

As for the iphone, you can bet your ass all records on it have been archived. If you've been eating pizza with your phone you're SOL

yeah, you're probably fucked m8
have some more content that's illegal down under

And one last thing: Windows 10 keeps records of everything you do and is almost impossible to fully lock down. Those records are kept at Microsoft

Google Derrick's boot and nuke. Wipe your drives with random data at least 15 times each. Start ASAP as this will take a while. After that, physically destroy them with a blowtorch (you can buy one from Wal-Mart).

But seriously, if you're actually done something bad, are afraid of your drives being searched, and you haven't completely obliterated them, enjoy your time in prison.

neodymium magnet on the drives well before they start knocking user

OP said that he isn't American, so his government might not be that dedicated, but it's still something to consider.

Get some sulfuric acid and hydrochloric acid. Mix it together to get some aqua regia. Dump your hard drive platter and RAM sticks in there. And for the love of God, do not pour it down a sink drain.

he could open the damn things and throw the disks into a fire too.

what exactly would you mix it in?

Would it really be necessary to do all of the software side wiping if you were just going to crush it into dust/burn it and scatter it into the wind/bury it anyway?

Don't know why I replied to someone with that post, not intended.

Glass, polycarbonate container, or something made out of Teflon (hell, super acids can't destroy teflon). That shit can eat through simple plastics.

what about stainless steel mixing bowls and such?

I got the ingredients wrong. It's nitric acid and hydrochloric acid.

I've never worked with the acid myself, so I'm not entirely sure. Be careful if you mix it in stainless steel.

So has op been v& yet?

use these two things:
DBan cd to erase the drives
OR use a microwave oven to erase it for ever, this will destroy the drives totally but be aware that it can be dangerous to run the microwave oven more then 2-5 sec's, 1 sec is enough, but give it 2 sec on max. this will for sure destroy your drives, if your on ssd just secure erase the drives with parted magic, which can be found at major geeks

don't know for iphone, just put it in the microwave and then through it in the river, 99.99% secure unless they build a timemachine and travel back in time to punish you from the phone they found in the futures contents that they recovered. dude your home safe

Rev up those magnets and microwaves
Cuz you're fucked if you don't

you have fucked yourself by creating this thread wherein you are obviously admitting your guilt, your posts essentially act as a confession…

Choose one (1).

Watch as much cp and fap as much as you can before you go to prison

Fuck off Hillary

It's good to completely destroy old electronics you no longer need. That stuff leads to clutter. Make sure you get everything.

If youve done something illegal and still have those devices you are beyond retarded. Burn it all, why would you take any risk at all?

are you a ron howard dealer?

Military tier encryption is the only way without physically destroying anything. Goodluck cp enthusiast

Throw the devices in the trash

nobody is spying on you, you paranoid dummy. just fucking relax and stop being a faggot.

You know that this kind of post actually flag you to the NSA, right?

Bait thread to analyse destruction methods and gauge knowledge.

download a bunch of "free virus protection software"

Just die, and get it over with.

Wat? How the fuck does an oven self-clean function demagnetize its contents?

Stainless is more resistant than raw steel, but it's not Nonreactive. I wouldn't trust it with a very strong acid/base… as the stronger they get, the more capable they are of breaking down the oxide that forms on stainless to make it stainless and reacting the steel underneath.

Seriously, why am I responding to this stupid shit. Just get glass. It's not like glass is hard to fucking find.

It cleans the files you fucking idiot.