Batman fucks Batgirl AKA Killing Joke thread #2

Because the last one was sooo much fun

Discuss the movie

Other urls found in this thread:

worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/btas/backstage/crewcredits/animation.php
archive.is/ERiTS
bleedingcool.com/2016/07/23/using-sex-and-pining-for-bruce-the-killing-joke-qa-from-the-san-diego-screening/
archive.is/W66QA
youtube.com/watch?v=lPlSdns_n1E
youtube.com/watch?v=Xzg5g4p8lAc
youtube.com/watch?v=0UZeCAqy4Ik
youtube.com/watch?v=6K6MElg9iTE
youtube.com/watch?v=gujO9W5gMvA
twitter.com/brianazzarello/status/757273477430726656
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The movie was a piece of crap.

Thread/

Just to get it out of the way.
Yes, the romance subplot is out of place in the movie Killing Joke
But the Batman and Batgirl fucking is far from an impossibility. There should be a different movie done about this scenario. Which would lead to Dick Grayson leaving Gotham because he found out and becoming Nightwing.
No Dick would of gotten NTR'd. Being cucked would mean that Barbara would deny Dick some pussy while Barbara goes around fucking. I doubt Barbara and Dick never fucked a few times.
NTR would mean that Dick's woman was taken away by another guy.

But that movie would be great.

Oh one last thing for anons of Holla Forums
Do not watch Batman: Bad Blood. Movie is fucking terrible. Lines/writing is terrible, objectively. Batwing is introduced and is pretty much the Invincible Iron Bat. And there are so many fucking editing errors.
If you are stupid enough to watch it make sure you have nothing breakable around because you would want to throw something at the tv/monitor or out the window.

I still can't get over how bad the animation was. With all the veterans working on this, how did they find that acceptable? Especially for a movie.

I was watching the Clayface two parter of BTAS a couple weeks ago, and it's just so jarring when you compare how good the animation was in that (for a TV show, anyways) compared to this. That show had some terrible animation at times, but on the average, it was still better done than this choppy mess.

From Timm no less, what the shit

Agreed. It is fucking terrible. Worst animated DC film to date followed by all of Son of Batman films. It's like they were trying their hardest to make Damien an insufferable cunt.

Different animation studios. Did you ever watch Timm's commentary on the dvd. The studios that animated the BTAS (I believe it was Korean or Japanese) went above and beyond to make each scene a little better. Even doing things that were not even asked. They really enjoyed the series so they worked hard to make it better.

Okay as an adaption this is just as bad as LXG and as a standalone it's just meh.

The first thirty minutes were just not needed, I get that they wanted to show Babs being Batgirl to shut the moronic feminists up but as someone who already knows the story I know that the story isn't about Batman or Batgirl, it's about The Joker!

The two saving graces of this movie were Hamill and Conroy, all the scenes that were lifted from the book were done really well but the problem is you're forced to watch a goddamn Batgirl story to get to those scenes.

I warned you bros when it was announced, DC Animation is fucking shit.

>thinking that anything produced by DC Animation was going to be good

Under the red hood, the one with
james woods Batman, and gods and monsters were good. Everything else ranges from okay to fucking awful
Oh and the shorts they used to make were good too

Why am I not surprised.

It was Japanese. If you're looking at something from the 80s to early 90s and it has good animation it was almost certainly produced in Japan. You can often even tell by the animation style.

That Clayface two parter is really uneven animation wise. Bruce Timm even holds it up as an example between two different studios. The first part, done by Akom, is pretty much a mess whereas the second part, done by TMS, is just fucking beautiful

1) They don't animate the stuff themselves. Koreans at gunpoint do that
2) They're on a budget and, as you can probably understand, the animation budget for a niche, R rated DTV is probably not astronomical.

They shafted Timm basically. Which is a shame because he and a lot of the people who worked on this really wanted to do it for a very long time, and it kept getting put on the backburner. God knows why they're shitting it out now, probably something to do with Deadpool.

Is it possible to be filled with both worry and anticipation?

Owlman. Crisis of Two Earths is the one you're thinking of.

The studio in charge of Batman TAS was korean.

There were a bunch of different studios in charge of B:TAS. Some Japanese, some Korean. Maybe one or two Americans, I dunno. A lot of these studios aren't in business any more

worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/btas/backstage/crewcredits/animation.php

OP posts like a bitch

You are correct. I believe the studio that animated that particular episode where in fact Korea. Very sad actually. The animation team was filing for bankruptcy, and yet the animators continued to spend top dollar to make BTAS. What a bunch of heroes.

The Dark Knight Returns movies were also pretty solid, part 1 more so. Some of the quality is lost in the translation from comic to cartoon, but overall I'd rate it pretty high.

Two words: Suicide Squad.

It's for the best I suppose. DC animation couldn't really do it justice.

This is a pretty sad revelation considering that during the New Batman Adventures they had a pretty good homage to Silver-Age Batman in the Legends of the Dark Knight.

They better get James Tucker to work on it if want it to be salvaged.

Does anybody have a archive of the last thread?

I understand why people whine about the decisions made in the movie, especially the sex scene, I hate it too.

But I'm sick of those SJW pussies whining about Barbara getting shot. They should get used to nobody else giving a fuck about Batgirl but rather the Joker. Hell, after reading "Dark Night, a True Batman Story" I got the feeling that DC doesn't care about anyone except Batman and the Joker.

James Tucker is the fucking head of DC Animation, a job he acquired when Timm stepped down.

If two industry veterans can't make these movies good, then it's impossible to expect quality from DCA.

It's still up. Just archive it yourself.

archive.is/ERiTS

Thanks

Couldn't spend more than 20 seconds searching for it?
This is Holla Forums - don't expect a thread to simply die off in less than a month.

This shit just keep getting better and better.

bleedingcool.com/2016/07/23/using-sex-and-pining-for-bruce-the-killing-joke-qa-from-the-san-diego-screening/

>Before the screening of The Killing Joke tonight, a majority of the voice cast,including Kevin Conroy, Ray Wise, and Tara Strong. Also joining them were writers Bruce Timm and Brian Azzarello, and director Sam Liu.

>The very last question posed to the panel addressed this. The question was asked by a person cosplaying as the Joker: Batgirl, Barbara Gordon is such a strong female character. Why was this more about the males in her life? The crowd applauded the question.

>Yeah, by using sex and then pining for Bruce.

>Wanna say that again? Pussy?

Now the SJWs and feminists are WAAAY madder and are attacking Brian Azzarello.

Did they forget that this wasn't a Batgirl story and that she was a secondary character?
Of course they fucking did.

Just another reason to avoid these awful casual cons, too many idiots keep clapping over stupid shit.

Also these idiots complain about Joker "raping" Babs when he clearly didn't and now they're pissy over the fact that she's not the MAIN CHARACTER IN A STORY ABOUT THE JOKER!

Goddamn these people make my goddamn blood boil.

Forget? They never knew. These people never read the source material. They just hear about how the Joker raped Barb, and how she's now fucking Batman, and draw their conclusions from there, whether or not it's correct.
They assume that her being on the cover means it's all about her.

What exactly was troubling about it? The fact that she liked Bruce?

Babs liking Bruce is something to be expected and understood. Lots of girls end up with crushes on older men just like boys end up with crushes on older women. What's disgusting is Bruce fucking and impregnating his daughter figure when he really should have known better. Bruce then goes out of his way to tell Dick.

Jesus Christ, fuck me

This is what happens when you hire hipster bloggers instead of actual journalists.

archive.is/W66QA

Lets be real this isn't even the worst fucking thing done to Barbra

When did this happen in the movie? When did this fucking happen in anything other than some colourful fanfiction written by a bunch of guys who didn't even know the first thing about Batman Beyond?

This really sounds like the kind of thing someone like Travis Bickle might write before he shot up a convention of people

Fucking pathetic faggot jesus.

That reminds me of when Terry got retconned to be some asspull clone of Bruce. Terry couldn't be his own person with his own parents. He had to have Bruce be his genetic father, because the people in charge are hacks. Waller gave Terry's father a shot with Bruce's magic dna and it rewrote Terry's farhter's sperm's dna, so that Terry was magically a son of Bruce. It was such a fucking shitty thing to do to Batman Beyond after the fact.

They have an entire 30 minutes focusing on Batgirl.

What more do you worthless fucks want?

Kill all men. Thats what they want. Men should be lobotomized slaves to be only seen whan women have to punch something. :^]

There's that word again

That arose because the producers realised that Terry and his brother had Jet black hair, whereas both his parents were gingers.

That was a good episode actually

You'd think this is rocket fucking science, or something.

Here's the deal, Mr. SJW fuckstick. Superheroes are primarily brands and intellectual property, that exist solely to make their respective companies' shareholders money. Now, because of that, the character whose name and likeness is on the cover is the literal center of its fictional universe, and every.

Fucking.

Thing.

Else.

That may or may not exist in said universe revolves around them - including secondary characters.

Don't like that? Find some other kind of fiction that's more amenable to your fucking sensibilities.

Ruined….

AND BATMAN WOULDN'T FUCK HER, YOU FILTHY CASUALS!!!!

This would true even if they weren't corporate franchises. If I buy Oliver Twist, I expect to read a book about someone named Oliver Twist. Not a book about Nancy being a strong empowered wymynz who don't need no Bill Sykes, trying to make it in a male dominated 19th Century London

what faggots.

she's obviously a coal burner.

Who drew this shit? Why is their work so terrible?

This fucker gets it.

No user she already has a dad

This isn't the 1960's anymore user. Hasn't been for nearly 60 years. He's no longer an upright citizen. But a man who has attachment issues. If he was a great individual than Dick wouldn't of left him. If Bruce even for a fucking second believed that he knew what barriers to not cross than Bruce wouldn't be pussy deep in Celine Kyle every once in awhile. So stop your fucking pure Batman virginity projection on a fucking comic hero who was far from it.

Batman was more of a father to Barbara than Gordan.

Yeah, the father of baby, that is!

HAHAHA!

Are you retarded??

I read your post in a russian accent

Negro please.

They left Batman, because of his autistic devotion to crime fighting. Dick leaving Bruce, because he knocked up Barbara is a soap opera tier asspull.

Bruce is far from a virgin, but that's because of his playboy persona. Batman is not at all like Bruce.

No.

Here, you fucking retards.

hurr durr… Batman fucking Batgirl cause he would.

Are you retarded?

So you're gonna tell me Batman never did anything sexual while in his Batman persona? And I'm going to tell you that you're full of shit. Jesus user, might as well tell me Batman never twisted tongues with Catwoman because Batman knows what barriers to not cross secually.

>this guy used to be the EIC of both PC Gamer UK and PC Gamer US

Yeah, this is becoming creepy. This is the second thread that i see people defending Batman moral pureness and his physical virginity as if he was a saint or… more likely a husbandu.

I mean, i like Batman and all, but you've got to ask yourselves: do you like Batman because you wish you could be like him or because you want to be… with him?

Jesus, you weirdos. He fucks women, duh. Project much? He wouldn't fuck his friend's daughter. By your logic, he would have no self control.

The point is that Batman fucking his apprentice, the daughter of his best friend, and the former partner of his adopted son and protege is pretty damn weird and out of character for Batman. This was odd when Timm and co did it back in the DCAU even with their own canon, but it's especially weird here for being based on the post-crisis canon.

It would be more in character for him to fuck someone Huntress, Cassandra Cain, or Stephanie Brown. Fucking Babs is practically like fucking his niece. Yeah, Batman isn't exactly a model of mental health, but he's generally had better sense than that.

Only because of the bubble that let them just throw money at it

Okay faggot

Top kek. Why are hecklers not immediately removed for interrupting panels with stupid remarks?

Letting crowds do what they want is what leads to shit like Trigglypuff and CM Punk chants

Wait, so barbs got pregnant in the movie?

Negro please go get triggered elsewhere.

user, no need to chimp out.
user please. Stay in school and off the porch.

Liberalism is the definition of mental illness.

Huntress was his legit daughter originally and Cassandra Cain was his adopted daughter. The hell, man.

What's wrong with Batman fucking Batgirl? I mean, c'mon guys, it's 2016! :^)

No one misinterpreted. The argument has already been put out that the "daughter" figure fucking her "father" figure is well within character.
Counter-arguments have ranged from
To
When in fact Batman, as batman not Bruce Wayne, has been in intimate relationships with a felone (catwoman) in comics. So the strongest argument against the fucking of the Bats so far is just to say how immoral it is. Which is a weak argument.

In post-crisis Huntress is not his daughter

How the fuck is this in character?
How is fucking some random bimbo equivalent to fucking your daughter, you Goddamn degenerate?

The way you just make a huge jump so nonchalantly like that is honestly very disturbing.

Fucking your daughter isn't normal but in anime it is.

Barbara is not Bruce's daughter
He didn't raise her like he did the robins
She already has a dad
She's more like a coworker
Why are you spergs so triggered by them fucking?

It's called the "Bat-Family" for a reason.

Branding and marketing? ;)

If anything it drags babs character down, not bruce
She's batmans sloppy seconds forever now

user, I think you're the negro.

That's because the nips needed a third bombing.

Watch, they'll make her a canon lesbian just like Harley. She'll be lipstick with Harley and Ivy

This isn't fanfic, go beat off elsewhere.

Do you want bats to be your "father figure" user?

I'm sorry your ass is so ravaged
Batman is a pure waifu no longer

Thus, your argument mirrors your life. Good job, user.

I'll be your daddy user

Take your meds my man

Once you guys get som poon you look back on this bad

Batman should just fuck everyone
Wonder womams mom even she

Point is they are both equal degenerate actions you dumb ass. Both are just as bad and your double standards mental gymnastics isn't gonna make BatmanXCatwoman a better moral choice. For your weak argument against Batgirl to work, you have to make the argument that Batman fucking a wanted criminal, who he rarely puts in Arkham or prison, is less immoral than batman fucking batgirl.

Just finished watching… that was… horrible.

Negro please. You're just making it worse for yourself.

I wonder where their animation budget went? Hamill said he was really looking forward to this role for a long time, so he should have been able to spare some shekels.

Merchant please.

Just one more thing for Alan Moore to disown.

I know that it was implied in TAS that Babs had a thing for Bruce and that's why she put up with his shit while Dick left, but seeing them fuck was cringe worthy.

I mean I'm sorry but I don't buy for a second that Bruce of all people would fuck one of the kids that he dragged with him on his never ending war on crime.

Catwoman I can see, because she's always been a massive tease and it would make more sense for them to do it but Babs? Yeah no.

Catwoman isn't a misrepresented woman. She's a fucking thief a constant law breaker. It's no less moral for batman to fuck her than it is to fuck batgirl. Jesus, why the fuck are anons defending Catwoman relationship as if it's a morally okay. Might as well say it's okay for prison guards to fuck the non serial killer female convicts.

You're making the mistake that the argument is about morality. Catwoman is an adult, and seen as someone on nearly equal terms with Batman skill-wise - their relationship, while immoral in terms of the law, is between an adult man and woman. Barbara, on the other hand, is an impressionable young woman - not yet an adult - who is closer to a female pupil or daughter. The relationship between them is that of a young girl mistaking admiration for an older, experienced man that makes him equal to a mentor or father figure as love, and any feelings Bruce has towards her is based on paternal protective instincts, which likewise could be confused for love.

And Batman and his kin constantly bend and break the law as well.

1) She's not a kid. If we're going by BTAS she's a college student at youngest
2) Batman didn't drag her with him, she volunteered. In fact, aside from borrowing his motif Batgirl initially had fucking nothing to do with Batman or Robin
3) He's a damaged, lonely man. Is it really so hard for you people to believe that such a man would succumb to temptation at least once?

He might in his millionaire social life. Bit hard to believe that when he's Batman he's going to have a moment of weakness like that. Thats when the uncompromising mentally insane man with high sense of justice comes to play.

It would be like asking if Judge Dredd would ever fuck anyone. No, he wouldn't. Unless the law would require for him to do it.

As stated Babs is a lot younger than Catwoman, not to mention the fact that Bruce and Gordon are friends and he would NEVER do anything to jeopardize their friendship, that's why he doesn't tell Gordon that he's Batman because he knows it will destroy their friendship.

He let a deranged lunatic take over for him as Batman for several months and never told Gordon shit. Then he let Dick take over as Batman for another couple of months, and also never told Gordon shit.

Batman's done plenty in the past to jeopardise their friendship.

Except that he's tried at least once (and most writers seemed to ignore that, by Year One's conclusion Gordon knew exactly who Batman was). It's Gordon who doesn't want to know who Batman is.

No mistake user. The argument started bare bones 2 days ago.
Than shifted to this all being immoral, to shit like this happened before and were just as immoral.
I'm not making the argument that they would have a successful romance. I am arguing that both would eventually fuck. Usually as a one night stand and be awkward after.
What the fuck does that have to do with anything? So fucking what? It's still not professional and it is illegal. In the same way a prison guard fucking a convict is.
Batman knows who she is and how to find her. He also knows she is a full time thief. Bats is an accessory. But comics, thus I let it slide.
All of this is to fucking tell you Batman makes dumb choices when it comes to romance. Thus fucking batgirl is not far fetched.

Jesus fucking christ.
This isn't about a guy who is a virgin.
Bruce Wayne sleeps around, definitely, but he has discipline which is pretty much why he got to became the batman in the first place and stayed being the batman.

Batman is calculating and as such wouldn't make sense to complicate his personal life any more by fucking workmates who is also his bestfriend's daughter.

Stupid faggot

I don't care how canon it is, I just like Bruce Timm sexytime.
Post Bruce Timm lewds.

i guess no batman x catwoman then

But he would never outright fuck his own daughter, Bruce's pride and obsession with cleaning up the city and doing what he thinks is best for people has gotten him in hot trouble before, but he would never outright fuck the child of one of his close friends.

And what pisses me off is that when the movie finally does do The Killing Joke storyline it just completely ignores all the shit that happened in the first 30 minutes, the mob shit is never mention again. we just assume that Batgirl stopped being Batgirl during this time because the main focus shits to Batman wanting to stop The Joker and all this happens BEFORE she gets shot.

Ahhhh, but you know it's true, goy…

One of the better arguments for not having the Bat-Family incest.

Still, Batman Beyond confirmed that it happened. Shouldn't people be getting up in arms over that?

Did anyone there read the fucking comic?

Such a brave girl……..donate to my patreon plox

You don't play the disciplined Batman card when he plays footsies with a thief and flirts with the daughter of the head of an assassination organization. You have to do some serious mental gymnastics to find a logical and discipline related reason why Batman goes to Talia so fucking often on their home bases that she might as well be on speed dial on the Bat Phone.

Batgirl isn't his daughter. Not even adopted into the Waynes. Your bullshit reason why he wouldn't fuck barbara is the same kind of reason Batman should of been able to keep himself from catwoman. But no Batman tends to think with his dick at times doesn't he?

If they wanted to elaborate on Barbara's character they just shold've made series of flashback starting with her being young and enthusiastic at the beginning (like Jason in UtRH) and becoming darker and more jaded to Bruce's degree and eventually being disappointed in everything and deciding that even being librarian is more helpful to the society.
That way, you could a) make viewers feel great pity for such good, bright girl being crippled and b) emphasise on how irrational Batman's crusade is that even someone who admired him left him - it fits thematically into "Batman is as crazy as the Joker" frame Moore set up.

I very much enjoy the idea of Batman being a normal enough person to sometimes let his dick take the wheel.

It seems to do it more often around his dear Selina.

Most of them haven't actually seen the movie

I enjoy when these kind of situations come up. It's always interesting to see the reactions here.

Bruce fucking Barbara is out of place in the killing joke movie. This was agreed on in last thread that you can still read. No one said the romance subplot was a great addition to the movie. With that out of the way it is now a discussion on whether Batman would ever fuck Batgirl.

I did. Even made a review of it in the past thread. I finally found the words to discuss why I dislike this movie:

It's a fanfic.

That's it. It's a fanfic that goes through the stations of the canon and use original dialogue and then suddenly switch to the source material. That's why it's so disjointed to me, and surreal because it's terrible.

Anyhow, what's else down the pipeline for movies?

I agree. I like the discussion. It's pretty fun seeing a thread hit three hundred replies.

You know, I just realised something: Bruce and Diana are another mentor-rookie relationship, as made clear throughout Justice League. The difference is that she's definitely her own heroine, and isn't his student.

Kek what, where did you even get this?

Yeah, what said.

I'm with these two,

Explain your reasoning.

Well, right from the pilot trio of episodes, it's made clear that she's new to superhero work. GL even calls her rookie after a mistake she makes almost kills her and Hawkgirl. Batman's words about her outside barking orders sometimes sound appraising. The way she acts towards him is like a junior partner to the senior or veteran.

Huh.

Yeah, I can see that. I forgot how new Diana was in Justice League. It taken her until the start of Unlimited to git gud.

PADDED FUCKING CELL

Oh this one?

You know damn well I was replying to someone who was talking about Bruce and Gordon's friendship and I stated that Bruce would never fuck Gordon's daughter.

Go back to fucking Tumblr if you're gonna take shit out of context fag.

This is also why it took an episode like Fury to hammer home some of the flaws of Amazon culture (and indeed existence). She was new enough to the World of Man that it needed to happen.

Also the whole thing about Bruce nearly dying in that incident, while still doing everything he could.

Jesus, the autism in this thread is painful. everyone on every side is being cringey as fuck. I haven't seen it yet but I'm watching it tonight at the movie theater with some friends. reserving judgement until after viewing but god damn you guys need to dial back your autism and put this shit into perspective.

I'm still in context you dumb faggot. To say Batman would never fuck Batgirl because he values friendship is to fucking ignore who Batman, not Bruce Wayne, has been intimate with, a thief and an assassin. One will never stop stealing and the other is no different from a guy flirting with a mob bosses daughter. So don't fucking give me bullshit ethics that Batman tends to ignore he has. Especially so when his dick is involved. The only Batman I would ever say would not fuck Barabara would be silver age since that batman was a family man. So stop thinking modern batman has as much control of his penis as silver age.

Keep the fuck up with the pace. Fucking is out of place, no one argued it made sense in a movie about killing joke. Now we focus on whether Batman would ever have sex with Barbara.

If I would ship it would be BatmanXWonder Woman. Mostly because of amazon culture wanting the best of the best for the next generation. So with Batman having plenty of "warriors" he personally raised from children it would make sense for Amazons in general to get wet in anticipation. Both happy to not take the copulation seriously. But you know, DC doesn't like fun or worth reading

You mean "it's just sex", or "it's just a cartoon", or which particular perspective?

alright, possibly unpopular opinion here

i thought the movie was okay. the barbara stuff was obviously put in so you felt a bit more sympathy for her character, and everything but the sex was done well imo.

the sex had no place, seeing as how it was probably more of bruce timm finally putting his fetish to ease than anything else. it's also entirely out of character for both barbara and bruce.

that being said, getting to the actual killing joke parts, done well and idk why people are so REEEEEE on the animation, from what i felt it was a somewhat hybrid of TAS and the comic.

overall 6/10 at best. the digital copy is getting released soon, so let's all just wait for the fan edit that chops out the unnecessary shit and give us a more direct flick.

just got back. gonna quick review this while it's still fresh on my mind.

the first thirty minutes of the movie was devoted to reintroducing Barbra, Jim, Bruce, etc. in what could have passed as an episode of Batman TAS about Paris Francesco staging a coup against his mafia uncle and getting batgirl caught in the crossfire. there's some cringy feminist stuff sprinkled in here and there but nothing that's tumblr tier garbage and it doesn't hijack the movie. the sex scene was tasteful in the sense that it pans up to a gargoyle before any actual sex is shown. if you want to get to the actual Killing Joke stuff skip it, it doesn't add anything for anyone actually familiar with the characters or familiar with the actual comic the movie is based on, but it doesn't take away anything either.

As for the actual adaptation of The Killing Joke that comes after the above introductory plot. This adaptation is surprisingly faithful to the comic. every line of dialogue is the same as it was in the comic. the events happen just as they did in the comic beat for beat. it's almost a panel perfect adaptation of Alan Moore's story. however, there were very minor changes made for this version. the unnamed detective from the comic is changed to Harvey Bullock but no dialogue was changed between him and Batman in their exchanges. the climax at the carnival added a fight scene between Batman and the freak show minions Joker had torturing Jim Gordon but this was added to pad the movie out to 90 min. the layout of the fun house was changed slightly, the spike trap was moved to the hall of mirrors and the fight between Batman and Joker happens in an upside down room instead of in the hall of mirrors/the nondescript backstage area but the monologue is word for word the same and these changes don't detract from the pacing.

the animation quality was good, on par with early episodes of TAS with the aesthetic style heavily borrowing from TAS but that's a given seeing as Bruce Timm and Paul Dini were involved in this thing but it blends it with the art style Moore used in the comic. it made for a unique blend of styles that make the iconic panels like pic related stand out.

without nitpicking this thing to death I can give it a solid 8/10 if you cut out the unnecessary Paris and Batgirl sub plot at the beginning and start from where the comic does.

Fucking hell that episode was nothing but sheer perfection. Batman TAS was fucking perfection even the poorly animated episodes were fantastic. But then the final season had to go and make Catwoman a bitch and the New Adventures had to go and switch to the STAS style and make Freeze and everyone a dick. Fucking hell.

So apparently this movie is getting a lot of flack for being sexist. What's up with that?

Didn't he also fuck her in the DCAU? Mystery of the Batwoman even had some hints of her growing affections for him and Batman Beyond had a picture of him and Barbara holding eachother or some shit.

Yes, they had a relationship in the DCAU. Which people here seem to forget

Because these numbskulls never read the original before, and so they squawk now.

Dini had nothing to do with it

I'm starting to grow increasingly convinced that there is no trace left of old Holla Forums and all we have left is tumblr shits who grew up on Adventure Time and Korra who never watched the entirety of the DCAU aside from irregular airings of Justice League Unlimited. Hell people here don't even remember Bruce and Diana's interactions in early JL.

Straight from Kikepedia:
The whole thing felt pretty faithful to the comics. Feels like they just shit on the first half for the portrayal of Batgirl.

What am I/we, chopped liver?

Of course.

It's positions like these that always lead me to say 'who cares what a bunch of hipsters think'

It was out of character bullshit then too.

No it wasn't. It was perfectly in character. DCAU Batgirl isn't the same as regular DCU Batgirl

speak for yourself user.

No, it wasn't. Fan fiction tier garbage. You will never change my mind on this.

I don't need to change your mind, you're wrong. Completely objectively. BTAS established from Barbara's third appearance that she had a massive crush on Batman

Her crush is one thing, but Bruce reciprocating it in anyway? Character assassination of the highest level. I disown this entirely. You can think of it whatever you like.

Besides, it's not out of character for a teenage girl to have a thing for her handsome teacher.

Moving the goalposts, are we?

The difference hipsters now make up the majority of fandoms thanks to trash like the Big Bang Theory which made "nerd culture aka comics, vidya, etc" mainstream effectively kicking us out of our own fandoms while having the media we once loved/hated become pleb shit that panders to the max. Years of loyalty and collecting and for what? Fuck it all.

…Okay. Don't know what this has to do with whether or not you should care about their opinions but, okay

Was it canon in Batman TAS? No. Batman TAS was pure perfection set in a somewhat modernized 1950s noire-style comic book paradise. But was it canon to the rest of the DCAU where everyone had broad shoulders, everyone's a dick, all the women look alike and was filled with shitty character-redesigns? Fuck no! Fuck you The Adventures of Batman & Robin seasons and the fuck you The New Adventures! Batman TAS should've been its own continuity!

But still, BatgirlxBatman was canon in that. There's no denying it.

Small reminder that they remedied poor Victor at least in Beyond.

Explain

That brought me some comfort… but not enough… He didn't deserve that much shit. He deserved to live happily in the north pole with his eskimo son and two polar bears.

Cold Comfort only happened because Boyd Kirkland fucked them

None of you autists are going to comment on how fucking great the song was?

Wait, what did he want?

At least the comics got what happened between him and Nora. We got our "Poor Victor" moment there. You know the kind. The sort that tells you they did a Victor Fries story right.

In the old series, Two-Face story ends with part of Harvey shown to still be alive within Two-Face and is thankful to Bruce, showing that there was hope for him, but then comes New Adventures and makes him an even bigger psycho and breaks his mind beyond comprehension making him a crazy dick. Mr. Freeze had a happy life now, but Subzero fucked that up but at least his wife was alive again and he got two bear pets, but then New Adventures comes along and turns him into a heartless killing machine who is decaying despite having originally been portrayed as semi-immortal and who now wants to kill everyone and has a harem of bitches. Batman wasn't a brooding prick in the old show and actually had human behavior as both Bruce and Batman with genuine emotion, but now he's Mr. Glum who never smiles despite that the old show made it clear that years of therapy kept him peppy. I would like to go on but I'm making a tl;dr shit here. Also I have so much more to say but fuck I'm just so tired. So fucking tired.

Its meh. The animation on the background dancers is terrible.

He didn't want anything. It's just that Subzero came along and completely eliminated any villain motivation for Mr Freeze because Nora ends up revived. The producers still wanted to use him so they did Cold Comfort where Mr Freeze just goes around wrecking people's shit.

That shit ain't right.

All the youtube vid comments keep saying the first half of the movie shouldn't have happened. Or that what they did to Barbara was awful and offensive. I mean seriously? That's what bothers people? This whole movie is one long offensive parade yet treating a bitch like shit is going too far? WTF

Did you not watch the movie? It would be okay if the animation weren't so bad and they removed the batgirl plot.

The thing just really shouldn't have been made, like the DKR movies even though they're good. The original was just too well-respected for it to be done perfectly. When they do this it just invites in casuals who will now never read TKJ.

Did you even watch Second Chance?

Okay, he appeared twice in TNBA. In Sins of the Father he was just a regular gangster, which is not inconsistent with how he was portrayed in The Strange Secret of Bruce Wayne, Almost Got 'Im and Trial

In Judgment Day his depiction as a self sabotaging split personality is completely consistent with his depiction in Two-Face and Second Chance

1) Mr Freeze was always heartless. He never cared about anybody except Nora. He even leaves one of his henchgirls behind to get arrested exactly like he did in Heart of Ice. There was nothing inconsistent about his depiction here
2) Immortal /= Invulnerable
3) As I recall Mr Freeze never killed anybody in Cold Comfort
4) There's nothing wrong with having some bitches

Batman also didn't have a bunch of people surrounding him 90% of the time in the old show. He became colder because there were other characters to contrast him with

What?

Don't like the blood in Joker's eyes?

I don't like the entire comic looking like shit.

Which version did you read first?

The original with the bright colors.

Suspected as much. I find most of the people who don't like the recolour grew up with the original colours. I personally didn't read Killing Joke until they released the recolour, so to me it's the original that looks fucked up.

Neither is perfect

I think the recolor works for the flashbacks but the original works for the present day stuff

Then please do tell how the episode ended because that's how it concluded. Him getting beaten by Batman followed by being taken by the police but not before reverting back to Harvey and thanking Bruce for always being there, showing that Harvey would always have a chance or re-taking control you pleb. His portrayal in Judgement Day made him even more of a broken mess with no trace of Harvey left in him, instead its a third personality "The Judge" who is straight up suicidal. If the Judge personality had been Harvey, we could've had a nice run on the feels train, but no.

Mr. Freeze's heartlessness was just him being dramatic and only avoided emotion around others. We also definitely saw his humanity in Deep Freeze.

His portrayal in New Adventures was that of a literal sociopath who wanted to destroy everything and was a now a decaying head because reasons. His having bitches also makes his whole "muh Nora" and all the feels that came with it seem empty and meaningless.

Let's just nitpick the fuck out of it some more.

Did Bruce and Zatana ever fuck in the DCAU during his life after JLU? Or did he become an old spinster who only fucks tranny Ras/Talia? Also does that mean there's an unholy Damian running around?

We must have watched a different episode because the entire point of Second Chance is that Harvey hates himself and will always sabotage himself. This has been apparent since the first Two-Face two-parter

He tried to kill Barbara so he could harvest her blood

He was already a sociopath

He didn't love these bitches. They were just some bitches who worked for him.

Then you're wrong, the original looks WAY better. The recolor is like they sucked all the life out of the book.

Why was this allowed?

I view it this way, the original coloring represents how The Joker sees the world in his fucked up head, as a permanent acid trip due to the chemicals fucking him up in the head after the absolute worst day of his life. while the recolor is how those who aren't completely bat shit insane view the world, as normal colors made rational by a sane mind.
and this is why it's brilliant to use the recolors for the flash backs and the original for the modern day. because this is very much the Joker's story and before his one bad day he was just as sane as everyone else around him, but after his one bad day, he snaps and goes completely mad in a fit of laughter. and as a result the coloring should reflect that don't you think?

Because Bolland wanted to colour his own artwork and didn't have time originally

That would make sense if the recolor didn't look like fucking ass. As it stands it's unforgivable.

I liked the sex scene up until I realized it was Batgirl fucking Batman.

I just don't think Batman would want to. Not that I'd completely know. I'm not a devoted fan as some others. The only other instance of Bruce/Barbara is in Batman Beyond.

*the only other instance I know of Bruce/Barbara is in Batman Beyond.

Just came back from seeing this in a local theater and I'm pretty fuckin' disappointed.

I have seen most of the DCAU stuff from the past 5 years or so and this movie had without a doubt the worst animation of the lot, to the point where it was literally cringe inducing at times. Joker's song and dance comes to mind as a prime offender (admittedly they really pulled off the song itself better than I thought they would). The film's 2D animation was somehow inferior to the 24 year old clips of BTAS they'd shown in the mini-documentary introducing the movie, and similarly the 3D supplementing it was appalling; ReBoot-tier.

In the movie's defense, the dialogue was generally pretty good, lifted as it was directly from the comic, how could it not be? Tara Strong and Mark Hamill, as well as pretty much all of the "extras" had good/strong performances, but Conroy was lacking at times, Commissioner Gordon was particularly inconsistent and the famous laughing scene at the end was absolutely dreadful.

5/10. Maybe 6.

It had its moments but I'm kind of sad it exists in this sorry state. The source material deserved better and it could have-and by all means should have-gotten it considering the level of effort DC had been putting into its other films. Conceptually, this movie had the potential to be a very strong entry in the DCAU roster, if not the very best, and its theatrical release could have been a great step forward for the DC brand.

…but they fuckin' blew it. I could just sense how awkward the rest of the theatergoers felt by the end through their hushed and hustled egress once the credits had rolled.

Like it or not DC/Warner are basically the last vanguard of western 2D "young adult" animation, and to see something that looks this bad come out of that studio is a poor omen for the future.

That was perfectly sensible considering his fucking wife and his only friend/family left in the world was about to die.

Does the design style of Batgirl's costume seem far different then the style of Batman's to anyone else?

It doesn't seem cohesive in design.

I don't understand. Past DC animated shit was decent looking or even good, but this… wtf

After Young Justice which i know some still do not like the Animation has kept going down hill and they won't stop making it worse.

I don't like Gordon's VA…

Then again I was raised on TAS and so that's the only real Gordon to me.

I didn't mind Bryan Cranston.

Maybe I should say "best Gordon." There are others I like but TAS Jim Gordon will always be my favorite.

The voice acting talent in TAS was pure excellence.

I'm commenting as I go along. Apparently Moore said that Joker didn't sexually assault Barbara but it seems pretty damned implied.

It hurts, fam

youtube.com/watch?v=lPlSdns_n1E
youtube.com/watch?v=Xzg5g4p8lAc
youtube.com/watch?v=0UZeCAqy4Ik

Even the very recent stuff is much better than what I just came away from. Sad.

youtube.com/watch?v=6K6MElg9iTE
youtube.com/watch?v=gujO9W5gMvA

Bob Hastings died, that's why they didn't use him.

Where? I just read it, twice. There's nothing there to suggest Joker raped her. All the doctor and Bullock said was they found her undressed and they found a lens cap in the room that didn't belong to any of the Gordons' cameras, suggesting that he undressed her and took pictures, which is exactly what we're shown

user suggested Mr Freeze wasn't heartless/his heartlessness was only an act. My counter is that killing a perfect stranger so that your wife, who by rights should have been dead a long time ago, could live is pretty heartless no matter how much you love your wife.

Moore once suggested that the Joker's midgets raped Commissioner Gordon instead.

And therein lies his own madness. He gets a nasty case of tunnel vision where Nora's involved.

Why are Batman's eyes always the same these days?

In TAS they were able to show him squinting all the time.

Forgot to say, though, Freeze isn't heartless. On the contrary to what he says, he burns red-hot inside. That tends to burn anything what gets in his way. It's a callousness born of single-minded obsession.

It annoys me because how fucking long does it take adjust the lines on Batman's eyes?

It's just lazy.

Typical teen girl fantasy.

alright finish. It was shit like everyone was saying. Time to go look at Batgirl in the Cheesecake thread.

Where did it all go so wrong?

Were those supposed to be examples of good movies?

"That's why we did it, because it's more interesting"

They were examples of modern DC animation to compare KJ to and nothing more. Follow the conversation.

I don't know why someone would say "it hurts" about a movie not being as good as those three, they kind of sucked.

I just need to point something out:

Barbara Gordon was created for the 60's live action TV show as a potential romantic interest for Batman. They're going to explore this before the show was canceled. You can search their plans for never made season.

In the comics Barbara Gordon was introduced as a 25 year old librarian working as head of Gotham City Public Library. She had a doctorate in library science and a black belt in judo. Back then it was a trend to showcase female characters as accomplished working women. Her main reason in becoming Batgirl was because she was infatuated with Batman, who she constantly watched having talks with her father, and because she wanted to have thrilling adventures as a crime-fighter.

Ironically back then she was 7 years older than Dick, who at the time was 18 and still Robin, and 6 years younger than Batman, who at the time was 31. So despite Robin having a crush on her, he was seen by her as a creepy horny teenager who was too young and smug for her, while she herself had a crush for Batman despite knowing that she'd have more chances with Robin. Eventually she settled with a detective named Jason Bard.

The writers only started to write Dick and Babs as a couple in the 90's precisely because of Batman: The Animated Series, and their first actual kiss happening in 1999 in Birds of Prey #8. Before that there was no romance between her and Dick. Then over the years they began to de-age her to make her relationship with Dick less weird, to the point now where they're the same age.

Wait.

I always thought that when I saw that Rainbow color some anons were just having fun with Paintshop filters and dicking around.

Someone actually changed those colors, other people said yes - good idea, it was REprinted and people actually bought it and are now defending it??????????????????????????

Out of everything in this thread - from animation critiques to Bruce laying Batwood to innocent Loli Gordon (college aged of course - women never get horny at that age and an older man would never fuck a hot you tight slice dressed in a fucksuit) this is the most shocking.

I guess I learned something today. That some of you newfags are legit peasants and have ZERO taste.

…The rainbow IS the original, you fucking dumbass.

You sir, are truly the pleb of plebs.

The original looks like Gordon is being dragged through Hell. The recolour looks like a fairground.

Go home Azzarello you're drunk.

Interesting. Have a link to the 60s Batman info though?

So all the spergs chimping out over the sex scene are actually huge casuals? Good to know.

These new people outnumber the old people. Thus, it's THEIR opinions that get listened to.

Which, unless you have shit taste and actually like crap like BBT or SU and the like, is a bit of a problem for old school fans.

Welcome to neo-Holla Forums. All casuals all the time.

Not even angry, just befuddled as how someone can be this retarded

Sadly, yes, it has been happening with all kinds of groups, from tabletop, to vidya, comics, even fucking music is getting the same shit with these assholes just coming in and declaring everything before wrongthink and how they know what is better.

Years of loyalty and the older fans get pushed aside for these pleb "lol so nerdy" or normalfag shits.

The DC wiki literally has everything in great detail

satan is right, so long as you cut out the extra shit it's tits.

which episode? the coon?

I wouldn't say there's more of them, it's just that they're quick and very likely to use social media as a platform to voice their (inherently shitty) opinions, while us oldschool bastards stick to forums and image boards when we feel the need to bitch and whine.

So there's not more of them, they're just louder in a fashion that can't as easily be ignored by the general public.

So how hard would it be to make a 'directors cut', where the shitty bits have been removed without leaving it a incoherent mess?

Just cut out the first 28 minutes. It would change literally nothing about the rest of the film.

The 'unnamed detective' was always Bullock

There is a lot of padding, not just the first 30 minutes.

You could probably cut it down to be as faithful to the source as possible, but it'll never be 'good' as the other problems with it are the cheapness of the animation and the complete lack of vision by, I guess, the storyboard artists.

It just makes me think that Timm did it much better elsewhere. For example, there's the scene where Batman goes out looking for the Joker. The original page is just a montage, no dialogue. For the movie they've had to pad it out to a collection of scenes, and obviously there's dialogue there and it's somehow less cinematic than a couple of panels in a comic book. Whereas you've got exactly the same scene in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker and Timm did that montage absolutely perfectly, the way it should have been done.

The DC and Marvel wikis are a mess (the marvel one even more so especially with all those special snowflake categories) and they have a shit load of red links.

Black Canary is a hooker?

I disagree that the Batgirl story was 'shitty', just ill-fitting. Really should have been its own thing, completely separate from The Killing Joke. It feels like it would have worked better as part of the original BTAS, to explain why Barbara packed in being Batgirl and became Gotham City Police Commissioner. In fact it feels a lot like a more adult version of the TNBA episode Old Wounds. There's even the scene where the sidekick knocks over Batman and starts taking their clothes off, only in this instance Batgirl then climbs on top of him and fucks him.

Yes. The Black Canary inspired hooker made many appearances in the DCAU (well, okay, two)

is that where freeze trolls gotham because hes a head in a robot suit?

A bitter head in a robot suit.

Yup

yeah it should have ended at subzero

Indeed.

I've honesty never been a fan of the old Batman cartoon and it always seems to be highly overated. why cant they use a cooler and creepier joker like the ledger one?

You disappoint me, user.

Clearly this pleb needs to watch Joker's Favor or Mask of the Phantasm, or hell, maybe even Batman Beyond's Return of the Joker.

doesn't surprise me comin' from a SU dumblrfag

It gives me such a raging hard-on you have no idea.

Then here's your climax.

Now that's what I call a boner!

This.

Since the 70s Batman has been insane and had attachment issues.

I also like the film, and how it fits the Timmverse.

No, I am not being paid by post, it's hourly.

twitter.com/brianazzarello/status/757273477430726656

He's not just a writer. He's the Head Writer, and he doesn't even know he's 'behind a narrative' even though he not only writes the crap he does, but also says in his twitter bio that he's a political cartoonist.

More like the 80s

70s. Silver St Cloud

My user can't be THIS retarded.

This is a brave and retarded new era.

I wanna fuck the two-headed chick.

NOPE.avi

The fuck kind of middle aged man talks like this?

Only decent looking was the dark knight returns as a movie type animation. Also the desings are hilariously epic. Holy shit. You could sharp swords with the superman's chin.
Rest looked like Avatar the last air bender style but more cheaper.

I get why Babs would want to fuck Batman but Batman should've pushed her away, he has enough of a moral compass to resist sex.

I like to think Paris Franz is like a cartoon version of Timm "I love you batgirl I LOVE YOU!"

His moral compass and attitude/personality went to shit in New Adventures and Beyond but somehow came back in JL.

So am I the only one that liked the Batgirl episode? I mean it really did feel like a new BTAS episode so I kinda liked it.

Episode of what series?

Not that user but if I was to test my chops I would say TNBA.

Simply because Dick's out of the picture and Tim could be playing video games or something.

Nigga, what? If anything he was even more hardened in those

Not him but as I said upthread it really feels like the TNBA episode Old Wounds

If you listen to the BTAS commentaries, they talk about which studios in Japan did the animation. They were keen on pointing out which episodes were done by which studio and each studio's distinct styles. What this boils down to is that BTAS was almost entirely animated by japanese studios and these studios relied on the storyboards sent by Timm and co. More importantly is that some studios went above and beyond the storyboards and added in extra pieces of animation at no cost.

So, I finally saw it. The batman and batgirl shit isn't really all that bad, not sure why you niggers were flipping out about it. I wish the ending had the same impactful feeling as the comic though. I was a bit underwhelmed with the end.

Which made him come off as a dick compared to the more likeable but tough guy he was in BTAS. He went from being a noble hero to Shadow the Batman.

Because they're plebs who only pretended to watch Batman: The Animated Series instead of saying that shit was never implied. Also yeah, the ending lacked the strength of the comic.

Did we watch the same BTAS? He was never that likeable. Yeah, he became colder by TNBA but he was never a people person to begin with. How he treated his partners in TNBA is totally consistent with how he treated Robin in the original BTAS

I have to agree. All you have to do is watch Robin Reckoning or hell, Night of the Ninja to see that.

To be fair, both of those episodes was mostly out of fear for Robin.

Well, that's often why he was a dick to his partners in TNBA too. To protect them. If he was more of a dick it's because he's got three people to worry about now, one of them being a ten year old boy, and given what happened to Tim in Return of the Joker you can see why Batman would be a bit overprotective.

nobody cares if he screws a dozen russian models or brazilian trannies

its just uncomfortable and weird that he fucked Batgirl

10 mins. in and I'm already scared there will be no Red hood as I've avoided spoilers.

Uncomfortable and weird TO YOU

my opinion is the only one that matters

Watched it a few days ago. Definitely the worst DC animated of the past 10 years. Maybe the worst ever given the hype and legacy behind it.

Animation is on par or worse than what we saw in Batman The Animated Series 20 years ago. This is NOT acceptable quality for a 2016 animated motion picture. Literally episodes of Young Justice look infinitely better.

The first 30 minutes ruin everything with the Batgirl fanfiction bullshit that ads nothing to the overall arch, is boring and pointless.

Why was this even hyped as being Rated R? It could pass for PG.

DC fucked up big time here. They could have had another Mask of the Phantasm, something that stands the test of time. Instead they fucked it up royally. Not even the fact it's trigger SJWs saves this mess.

Pic related.

So wait
I just got here.

Is the movie cannon to the TAS or not?

Because if it's cannon to the TAS, sure, Babs fucking Bats makes sense.

But if it's not, why in the EVER loving fuck would they do it.

I mean, it can't be cannon otherwise we'd have cripple Babs in Beyond, since anons are saying this is fairly accurate to the Killing Joke.

If it's not cannon it's just Timm wanting to exorcise some of the shit he always wanted to do but couldn't because "muh child cartoon"

But you didn't go LOONY did you?

Gordan's daughter fucking Bats was already canon to Bats TAS TV edition. See: Batman Beyond.

Film TAS is its own canon that will be dissolved at next convenience regardless.

Late bait is late.

There's no Damian Wayne, there's no Blackedman.

And they didn't shoehorn in new quotas like with Bad Blood.

And Joker was a bit more on-par than the Red hook Joker which was just- stiff.

So this ISN'T another movie set in the Batman TAS universe then

Fuck all this noise then.

If you mean the 90's cartoon, technically it is.

This whole moment was kinda lauded to in the Mask of the Phantasm, remember?

And nothing divorces it from this, but Batman Beyond Return of the Joker also had that thing that happened to Robin TAS TV #2.

And this also features a direct reference to Red Hood's Jason Todd.

And he's driving THE Batman TAS Tv Batmobile.

So this is sort of longer overdue and fits perfectly with the series, barring any contradictions with Batman Beyond Return of the Joker.

So, it is- it kinda is.

alluded*

But how the bloody fuck wasn't Babs a cripple in Beyond then?

Medical Super Science.

Even Bruce is shocked to have lived that long.

Damian films and Bad Blood had no hype and no legacy to live up to.

They exist.

That's kind of enough to make them the worst.

Regardless: You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this:

If you expect a film to be in another league from the rest of its trash contemporaries because of "hype" and being an anticipated adaptation of a beloved classic.

I don't give a shit about Batgirl riding the Batpole, but from a strictly film making standpoint, the first half of the movie doesn't work.

There's nothing wrong with having a prologue that sets up who the characters are, but you don't spend half the damn movie doing this. If a movie is 70 minutes, then a prologue should be 5 minutes at most. Especially if what's happening in it has no effect on the rest of the movie.

Look at the James Bond movies, for example. They often open with the tail end of a case that Bond is working and most of the time has no bearing on the rest of the movie. We never see the details or backstory of that caper because it's not relevant to the movie's main plot. It's point is to simply set up who James Bond is and what he does. This is the model they should have taken. Start with the climax of a previous case. Have Batman and Batgirl stopping some criminals and use that fight to show who they are. We don't need to know who the gangsters are or what their motivation is because they don't matter to the overall plot.

If they were dead set on having that prologue be the entire first act of the movie, then it should have been tied to the Joker in someway. Have it take place in the past and feature Batgirl's first run in with the Joker or something. Really though, they made a big storytelling mistake by focusing on the relationship between Batgirl and Batman. If the entire point of that part was to expand Barbara's presence, then the main focal point should have been about her relationship with her father. That's the entire reason that she's shot after all. Not because she was Batgirl, but because she was Gordon's daughter. Focus on their relationship and drive that home, then that makes it even more emotional when Gordon's being tortured with the pictures of her.

Having your movie clearly split into two sections, both of which have noticeably different tones is just bad storytelling and bad film making.

Yeah, that whole arc ruined it and made the ending anti-climactic as fuck.

Also, wasn't Red Hood supposed to be a genuine vigilante? I forgot the plot of the comic, been too long.

WHAT A MESS

It's almost like the mobster plot was a disjointed throwback to Joker from Mask of the Phantasm as a mobster- which now that I think about it- that means this film wasn't canon to the 90's TV series.

Maybe because they couldn't decide, they wanted to make the villain in the first arc Joker, but then decided against it, but couldn't give up on their new character- he exists as some sort of vague and unwarranted contrast to the Joker.

Which also would have added some point if the Joker had raped her- tying the whole string together.

And of course they'd have her fuck Batman to show she wasn't a virgin.

But instead, they dropped the rape scene and left it to the imagination.

Then gave the Joker a non-mob family back story, but couldn't let go of what they created.

Lastly, the mobster arc was to show Barbra was dangerous & unstable as she almost killed the guy, whereas Batman at the end just laughs it off, disregarding the torture & mutilation.

Yes, one of the main traits of Batman is his insane level of self-control.

So, I didn't follow the discussion about BfB and only just recently watched it, so sorry if this has already been said, but I think the movie implies harder that Babs was raped and that Batman kills the joker at the end.

In the comic, after Batman meets Barbara in the hospital, he goes to the underworld to question criminals, including prostitutes. But there is only one panel and no dialogue for each criminal, they are just random underworld people, whereas in the animation the prostitutes say that the Joker always goes straight to them to get a good time after he escapes jail, except for this time, and they wonder why. And that's because he already fucked Barbara this time.

The notion that the Joker regularly pays for sex is pretty stupid too.

The comic also doesn't discerns the Joker's laugh from Batman's at the end, but in the animation, as the two of them get out of the picture, we can only hear Batman's laugh.

This killed pretty much everything that made the story interesting. They also ignored the major role that coloring had in the comic and just made everything boring to look at.

Then there was that one detail that was that the joke about the two men started when Batman and the Joker first met in this story ("There was these two guys in a lunatic asylum…") and finished by the end of the story. They completely ignored this.

I kind of wish they made and original movie from the first 30 minutes and just let TKJ alone.