Ghost in the Shell

Reactions to the new Ghost in the Shell superbowl trailer.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0437086/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looks like cringey shit.

Honestly, they've got the aesthetic down pretty good, but you know the story's going to be some pleb shit. Why is the Major Robocop now?

eh, not really. GITS wasn't Blade Runner you know.

Well, GITS largely took place in the day time, and not during a rain storm. Otherwise there's not a world of difference.

Except when it mostly took place during night :^/

Call it 50/50.

There's like 1 scene during daytime…

I feel like a lot of that first movie along with most of the anime take place during the day. Maybe those were just the most interesting parts.

I'm talking about the original movie. The chase scene is about it.

I recall a lot of long shots of cityscapes, and singing chinky women.

all night

Call it twilight.

Nope.

Into the trash it goes. But seriously, there is something lost in the translation despite them trying to recreate the scenes from the anime. The lighting and atmosphere just seem off.

All i notice is this "adblitz" stuff and it looks like jewgle just found another way to annoy the shit out of me.
I'll discuss this movie right after i can get it from PirateBay.

At least it's not Jennifer Lawshit

Here's my thing with that:

I never saw the GITS cartoon stuff. Last weekend, I downloaded everything I could find, assuming it'd be at least halfway decent, and took the first movie for a spin. I shut it off half way through. It was just too stupid. And boring as fuck.

How people manage to watch crap like that, I'll never know. How they managed to get millions in funding to make a feature picture out of it twenty years after it should have been forgotten is equally as mysterious.

I loved the manga, and I liked the S.A.C. series, but I actually agree about the animated GiTS movie. It really wasn't very good, or entertaining. It might just be that the source material doesn't adapt well to the movie format.

What's the point of trying to recreate something that was already done masterfully?

The falling rate of profit on investment has caused the budgets of discrete Hollywood projects to balloon out of control. Due to the risk involved in any single film now, executives are increasingly reluctant to fund projects based on original ideas, and we find ourselves in a world where half or more of all film releases are now remakes or adaptations of things that have already proven to be successes in the past. Sequels, remakes, adaptations. Originality is avoided like the plague.

God, that's sad.

I just want it to end and die like all the other anime western movies that sucked.

I liked the first GITS movie. I wouldn't claim that it's the best movie ever, but it's good and unique in comparison to other animated films out there.

It could be done with an amazing amount of excellence. It would be fucking brilliant.

But oh well.

I agree. That water scene where Motoko fights the criminal, everything seems too grey. The original had more contrast, where the background was light and they were fighting in the shade.

GITS is just like Lain, they're both overrated trash for aspies.

Maybe I'll grab that again and give it a go. Reviews seemed to be positive, but you can't tell with anime, because all the weaboos and permavirgins sit around masturbating to it all day and talking about how it's the best thing ever.

I tried Mardock Scramble, too, which is supposed to be good (not that I'd know), and couldn't make it through a half hour of the first movie.

I figure anime probably just isn't my thing. Though I did watch the thing with the giant robots vs the angels or whatever a while back, and thought that was OK. And that one with the people living inside the walled cities and the giant zombies or whatever keep trying to eat them? That was alright, too, I guess.

I guess, maybe, considering when it came out. The mid- to late-90s had a ton of transhumanist stuff. Al Gore had just invented the internet, and people's minds were really open to the possibilities of merging man and machine. And, of course, Hollyweird kikes were milking it for every dime they could, and throwing the internet and virtual reality into every movie they could, whether it belonged or not. I remember seeing some movie with Michael Douglas and (I think) Demi Moore. It was a standard corporate-espionage drama type thing, but out of nowhere, Michael Douglass has to make a deposit in his bank account or something, so he puts on his virtual-reality helmet and steps into some weird puzzle world where he has to do some crazy dance to enter his password or some shit. It was just so forced and out of place and stupid, yet there it was.

GITS seemed, to me, to be purely a product of the same era. Giving a shit about that would be, to me, like someone still sitting around re-watching Johnny Mnemonic hoping that Keanu and Ice-T are down for a sequel.

really? Biting? Really?
Fuck, there are more normies here than thought previously.

GITS has always been complete dogshit. Hollywood's take on dogshit is to make it worse, but nothing of value has been lost. Let the movie die a lonely miserable death.

user, he is a tranny.

In this cyberpunk movie about the increasingly blurred lines between consciousness and machines, this is the thing that makes it seem the most unrealistic.
Battle Angel Alita was always better anyway.

lol Evangelion and Attack on Titan? Watch Baccano. That shit's fucking awesome although it's slow until they get on the train.

The movie, series and manga are all diferent beasts. The movie was them trying to compress 4-5 manga volumes into a single film, and they made the major more cold. The series is good but it does get sidetracked sometimes. The manga, well, the manga is a good 80s manga. There are better ones though for each. Go watch metropolis.

user… James cameron has been sitting on that for more than 20 years, and will probably whitewasy battle angel alita hard.

If a live action Battle Angel Alita ever comes out I refuse to acknowledge its existence.

Apparently something was too deep for your childish brain

SAC isn't a weeaboo thing (who don't even exist anymore), it's a "baby's first anime" thing. SAC isn't as famous as the first movie, but it's still a well-known normalfriend-approved anime. All the anime people commonly talk about and recommend to everyone else in an endless loop like Akira, Fullmetal Alchemist, Attack on Titan and Cowboy Bebop are normalfriend-approved. They make up a very small pool of anime that aired or screened in America a long time ago and were liked by the most people. Only very occasionally does anything new get added to the pool.

Anime may or may not be your thing, but the popular stuff makes up less than 1% of it.

For what purpose? Is it because it's aimed at closet homosexuals?

Whitewasy?

You shut your whore mouth.

Apparently Cameron is going forward, and a large cast is already chosen. Though I don't see this movie being anything other then shit.
imdb.com/title/tt0437086/

Oh and looks like Cameron picked a spic to play Alita

Yeah, it's not a great film, but it's a good-looking animated film because of how animated films became weaker over the years. It's either saturday night shitcoms that mock religion or boring oscar-bait disney films.

Attack on Titan is liked because it was minor pragmatic crap in a collection of complete idealistic crap. TV and film have dealt with pragmatism several decades ago, doing it much more better than Attack on Titan too.

Looking at it now, it's not a good show at all. It had tremendously slow exposition where the story progressed fast with a plot twist in the last five minutes. I hate that shit.

It already happened although it was under another title.
And it was a steaming pile of shit.

You say this like there's been no anime movies made since GitS, just American ones. There have been many, including its sequel. There have never been American animation movies like GitS however.

Welcome to capitalism, enjoy the ride, this is the nightmare you chose.

The SAC series is becoming more & more relevant, especially the second season, with the corrupt politicians trying to engineer a fake "refugee crises" to keep their power from the people.

Holla Forums pls go

Your depth in politics matches with the shallowness of animu.

t. normalfag

Yeah, why can't anime be deep like live action movies.

An animu fan having pleb taste in not only politics, but in cinema as well. Color me surprised.

Cease watching chink cartoons and you'll get better taste.

PS, Holla Forums sucks

Did you think I was seriously proposing Freddy Got Fingered as a deep movie? Also I did not say anything about politics.

I didn't say anything about Holla Forums.

see this strategy doesn't work either, You can't say shit like "RWDS? Nazi larper? Psh, typical normie"
That's a blatant lie and doesn't work, try to make fun of something that is real

What is with your faggoty obsession with GitS? It has always been overrated trash. Boring characters fighting to defend a crappy cyborg dystopian police state. The animation wasn't anything worthy of praise in any of its adaptions either. There is literally nothing good about the entire thing.

I don't have any obsession with GitS. I'm not even particularly a fan of it. Did you reply to the wrong post?

You call other people faggot obsessives but then say shit like this.

The Major makes my dick twitch.

I merely spoke the truth. GitS is overrated garbage.

Shit taste tbh

(noone checking this?)
Dubs of truth

Rolfe pls go

It's probably because of
part. if that's the case then he's right tbh

Meanwhile in the magazines..

And we all know what happened to the Matrix.

Earth is flat: End of story

Jesus fuck, OP, can't you upload a fucking webm? I want to watch a video, not a questionnaire popping from the side and covering a huge deal of the screen.
Ditch youtube entirely already, we can natively play video from browsers, and those of us who can't, either can download and watch it, or don't even care.
And when autists like me say "ditch youtube", it's not because of the fact that we don't want faggots to monetize on views and ads (we do, but that's for another day), but it's because it's completely unnecessary. You can upload the video as a webm, it's only 30 seconds long, cut the cancer away, and help stop YT's hegemony over web video.
FUCK YOUTUBE

Don't listen to this.

If you make webms kikes win. Keep on keeping on, OP.

Wasn't Ghost in the Shell the "inspiration" for the Matrix in the first place?

it's like poetry

I'll watch for based Michael Pitt.

Literally why

As if there is anything to get about transhumanism other than it being shit.

A lot of people liked The Matrix because pchaw pew pew karate hachaaa robots and future and hacking computers.
Fuck anime. Live action Xavier when?

Matrix was made after The Invisibles.
A comic by Grant Morrison.
If you rearange the panels of the comci you can almost see it being used as storyboard for the fucking movie.

xavier was shit.

Saying there's literally nothing good about it is not the same thing as saying it's overrated. I have some good things to say about even the worst anime I've watched.

The Matrix was pitched as a sort of live action version of GitS, and there's a lot of shots in the movie based on GitS. The matrix text effect is also based on GitS.

MY FACE IS TEXAS. YOUR OPINION IS INVALID