Im buying some silver to add to my supplies in order to have a form of currency that will be accepted no matter the...

Im buying some silver to add to my supplies in order to have a form of currency that will be accepted no matter the situation. Even though the overcharge is the most with the 1/10oz pieces I am leaning towards buying them just because ill have more of them and I feel people are mostly ignorant to metal value so it won’t matter that its such a small bit. Then again the 1/4oz pieces hold the same appeal and I would still have a decent amount plus its closer to a fair deal even though I’m still losing around $14. The 1oz are the best deal but I only will have 5.

What do you think Holla Forums what would you do and why? Ill be making my purchase on the 3rd so if the thread is still up ill post when I get them.

1oz silver worth $20
No shipping fee included prices are silver only
Order minimum is $100

10 1/10oz pieces = 1oz for $31.98 which means $11.98 overcharge on the oz so total order of 32 1/10 (3oz + 0.2oz) is $102.33 which means about $40 overcharge on the total order of silver.

4 1/4oz pieces = 1oz for 23.17 which means 3.17 overcharge on the oz
so total order of 18 1/4oz (4oz + 0.5 or 1/2 an oz) is 104.25 which means about $14 overcharge

5 1oz pieces = 1oz for $21.83 which means $1.83 overcharge on the oz
so total order of 5 1oz pieces is 109.17 which means $9.17 overcharge on the order

Other urls found in this thread:

macrotrends.net/1470/historical-silver-prices-100-year-chart
bullionspotprice.com/silver
highmowingseeds.com
buildasign.com/flags
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gold

Why? Is silver not valuable enough?

Waste of money and time. If things go to shit and society collapses all the gold and silver in the world won't buy you food if there's no food to buy.

Invest your time and money in learning how to do things yourself the old fashioned way.

You could buy other things from people who were confident they would make it through the collapse. Also the entire world most likely wouldn't collapse so the goal would be to get to a stable place. You could buy your way in possibly via a smuggler or you could pay a soldier to look the other way. Its all risky but at least you would be able to get some local currency once you settled in the new place.

Its not worthless if people put value in it. It might be fake value made up by people but that means its still valuable in made up human societies

Yes, that was my point.

It was hard to gain excitably

A few grams of platinum are also good to invest in, at least that's what I did.

I've put some research into this and stand by my opinion. The petro dollar has allowed America to considerably over value the dollar. When this system fails it's gonna cause ripples in every market world wide.

Maybe the Euro will keep value. China and Russia will both suffer. America is the greatest consumer world wide. Why else would we be able to borrow so much?

Im sure no mater where in the world I go and no matter what civilizations fall the silver will maintain its value in some way. Eventually another group of people will get strong enough and large enough to form a governing body of some kind and when they bring back currency silver will be welcome

We all know the petro dollar and how once the saudis accept other currency it will fail. What I'm getting at is the precious metals transcend the entire economic system. The metals will always hold value to humans so they are a form of currency that never looses its value.

Silver is fairly volatile depending on the scale you're looking at, as is gold
macrotrends.net/1470/historical-silver-prices-100-year-chart
If I were preparing for the endtimes I'd be worried about food, seeds, ammunition, antibiotics, fuel and spare parts to keep whatever you have around running. If I had that covered and I was moving onto superfluous things that would hold value in a post-apocalyptic society it would be drugs (mainly heroin and meth) and books.

I should have been more clear in my post. The point is that Middle East oil is what is propping up the dollar. Oil for Euros in the Middle East cannot be allowed by America. I'm sure we'll respond with force if that day comes. What other choice do we have?

Yeah i know

You clearly haven't read any accounts of the Bosnian fiasco in the 90's

a kilo ingot of 999 silver costs less than 600 dollars. you're an idiot, op.
bullionspotprice.com/silver

>bullionspotprice.com/silver
Im buying in pieces not one bulk bar. I have no way to break down a solid ingot and form it into coins. If I had a solid piece it would be a one time deal in trade since i couldn't turn it into fractions. With the pieces ill be able to use them as currency or to trade for currency in the new society

then buy scrap silver at melt price. like viking hacksilver. post armageddon, assuming trade continues, weight will be more important than face value.

You can't feed yourself with a piece of silver. You can't defend yourself with it (unless, you know, silver bullets or weapons). You won't have enough silver to build your little fort out of.
Barter is the shit. You start a farm and, in consequence, have excess food- why not just stock up for the winter and sell whatever you don't need for, for example ammo or clothes or resources. I guarantee you noone will want silver as a fake currency.

You act like silver is my first thought. Its an after thought for once things start going back to normal or I reach a new stable land. Ill need something to start a new life with and I'm sure people along the way will see the value in having precious metal and be willing to trade excess for it.

Its like you think once SHTF it will never rebound. You'll need some kind of a nest egg to start again unless you plan to live the rest of your life in whatever wasteland I would leave

ammo and guns
well americans will be americans. there is no shortage of weaponry in the world and no shortage of ammo either. we'll all have been shot twice before they run low. Look at modern warzones: even the kids have a gun and a box of bullets. What they don't have is medicine, food and water, seeds and sexdolls. perhaps you should corner the sexdolls.

you want seeds? Here is where I get them.

highmowingseeds.com

Jim mad his brown girls can't go to mormon heaven

didn't mean to post that here

Why not buy both gold and silver?

as opposed to what?

the only value anything has is the value people give it

Its late user give me a break you got the message. I could've worded it differently but I just posted it and let it go.

fuck you

good post. have a silver

Wow thanks user

Well I've decided on my purchase

I wouldn't trust a store that can't spell Sons of Liberty properly

I might just buy direct instead. ill call in the morning

ok, so they misspelled it in their company name too

not sure how that makes it better

they seem legit and also take bit coins. there are many videos on their products

I'm not saying they're cheats necessarily, just that a misspelled name doesn't really inspire trust

True, nonetheless after watching the videos and reading reviews i trust it enough to spend $102

Ill be sure to post when i get my product so ill be bumping the thread

I've been thinking about getting pic related made into an actual flag and putting it on my wall

anyone know how much I should expect to pay for this?

buildasign.com/flags

What do you think of this design?

I like this one best out of the hobo collection

here

LOL

This is the final decision I swear. No more changing, I'm committed.

this person is correct. in a SHTF scenario the most valuable things are

1. guns and ammo
2. medkit sanitary supplies
3. lighter and food.

gold and silver won't let you survive 2 months down the road. you'll just get killed and looted

so tell me op. will you keep this stash of coins in you everready rucksack with your compass and flints and stuff?

Yeah thats the plan. I plan to keep one of the hobo coins on me always just so i can look at it from time to time.

Good thing i already have everything else

post pics of your tinfoil hat, plox

pleb

Why is it crazy to invest in a bit of silver?

because the price has been artificially kept well above it's intrinsic value ever since the proliferation of digital photography.

it's not crazy. silver prices are bouyant and despite what says, silver has found a new use in photovoltaic tech.
i just wondered if you had a tin foil hat.

You see, in ancient societies, there's a relative scarcity of people compared to the abundance of resources. Most villages or towns were self sufficient in the first place, growing enough to feed themselves, and only traded surplus or luxury goods. Gold and silver happened to become valuable because they were scarce compared to other goods, and mainly because they were non perishable became a currency.

Fast forward to our hypothetical near future collapse. We're practically overpopulated. Most of the population is concentrated in cities where they've paved over arable land.

What happens is that because we've got way more people than basic resources, and so food and security against millions of starving people becomes much more expensive than a handful of gold or silver can purchase.

That said, silver is more practical than gold in a total collapse. It's harder than gold but still pretty malleable, so you could use them to make utensils or tools. They are also slightly antiseptic and tarnish when exposed to poisons, so you can use them to keep food.