IT'S

IT'S

ACTUALLY

HAPPENNING

I always hated this show.

I didn't, but that doesn't stop me from loathing the cowardice of television execs.

Same. Ed, Edd, n' Eddy was far superior in every way.

Helga looks off model

I just hope The Orange Splat makes The Angry Beavers Rock Opera if this is a success

At least they haven't CalArtsed the designs up

When I was in middle school I used to keep a journal of my sexual fantasies so as to compile them and refine the scenarios, since I was poor I didn't have access to the internet.

However one common thread between almost all of my sexual fantasies regardless of the character was slavery and forced impregnation. What started it was FF7 specifically the scene where Hojo implied that he'd let Aeris be raped and impregnated by Red.

Anyway one the fantasies would drift according to what I was watching or interested in at the moment. While I was watching Hey Arnold! I fantasied about mind breaking Helga and forcing her to help me kidnap, torture, and then fuck Phoebe. Most of the more mechanical steps I got from reading up the Colleen Stan case. In the end I probably had hundreds of pages of highly detailed and annotated fanfiction centered around degrading and abusing that smug fucking Asian whore.
I'm also 99% sure my parents looked through it at least once or twice

Did you finish it?

Are they supposed to be in sixth grade or something?
Because Helga is growing some nice tits.
Although it would have been fun to watch Phoebe develop more than Helga just for the heck of it
The series was a 7.8/10 with some 9/10 episodes every once in a while.

I like when instead of rebooting or remaking they use nostalgia to finish canceled stuff.

It didn't have any structure, it wasn't just about me raping an Asian girl, forcing her to give birth to my children and me then fucking those children. It was more of a stream of consciousness, different concepts and characters would drift in and out as my interests waxed and waned.

Eventually I got bored of generational incest and slavery and slowly moved onto Misty from pokemon and forcing her into bestiality.

Strangely enough, I never became a furry even though I lived watching Digimon, Bonkers and rescue rangers I did have a thing for Callie from Swat Katz but they knew what the fuck they were doing when they made her so fucking hot

It was filled with all sorts of depraved shit and I'm personally glad I didn't have a computer growing up because I know I would have had a deviant art/fanfiction.net account with several thousand pages of the most cringeworthy shit attached to my name for all of perpetuity.

Whoa. Take it easy there Fritzl

That sounded a bit familiar…

This actually predated public knowledge of Fritz, I was writing this as the episodes aired.
It's actually sort of funny how many parallels my fantasies had to actual rapists, murders and child molesters.

I wonder if my parents were just two embarrassed or ashamed to get me into counseling?

I was gonna be excited because they didn't Calarts the designs, but looking at those black and white drawings, they're so… Stiff.
This is going to be Family Guy-tier animation.

That's a good way to make final judgment

I remember when we first heard about this a few months ago and we thought it was just the Anytown fag. I wish it were

Are you being sarcastic or not? Do those drawings not look like shit out of Family Guy, or at least that shitty Scooby Doo reboot to you?

No. It looks like Hey Arnold to me.

This is a bad idea. You all know this is a bad idea, right? Because really, and I do mean really, this is one BAD IDEA. One more cash grab and there are actually people ITT who are hyped about it? Really? Did the Power Puff reboot and the Teen Titans reboot and every other fucking reboot that got shat out over the last year or so teach you people nothing? Are you fucking kidding me?

It's not a reboot, it's a continuation. With, I assume, mostly the same people working on it

A continuation into what, though? What could they possibly still have to tell us about these kids that they haven't already? There is no point to this, none whatsoever.

Clearly you weren't a fan, otherwise you'd know there was this whole movie they wanted to do but didn't get a chance to because the first Hey Arnold movie didn't do too well

As long as Phoebe gets an action scene wrestling an alligator, I'm fine with it.
I kid

Kill yourself.

You developed these depraved fetishes without the help of the internet? That's pretty impressive. Did you get molested or play with dead animals or something as a kid?

same, I wish the 90s would just die already

Everything is a cash grab, this one might be a good one.

Well, at least its not CalArts, that is a good start

But honestly, Hey Arnold was a 90's show, and it's going to be really hard to catch up that spirit and move it into the CURRENT YEAR. And seeing how shitty the reboot's writing is right now, it's also impossible to feel a little bit scared about t

I've read some really fucked up things, and there's this user

Calling it right now Grandpa is gonna die.

You mean PPG's right? Or has there been a script leak for this?

So when does Gerald get shot by a racist white cop for wearing a hoodie?

what's the joke in that picture?

This movie is going to try so hard to nail that chill 90's aesthetic.
This movie is going to absolutely fail at doing so.

It still looks like Hey Arnold, sure, but you can tell already it's going to look awful in motion just by the black and white poses. They're incredibly stiff, it's going to be just like Family Guy.
Compare it to the actual show. It was much more fluid, less awkward. Less straight up-and-down, more leaning and moving naturally with curves to their bodies to show motion better.

I swear, once we see the first sneak peeks, Holla Forums will cease any excitement and begin bitching about how stale the animation is.

Man, my parents would've kicked the shit out of me if they found a journal with that kind of shit in it.
Which is why I had a hidden MS word document on the old shitty computer they let me have.
I think I still have that file on an external HD

Yeah I noticed that as well, I mean this show never had amazing animation to begin with but this looks like it's being animated by people who just left college.

Considering the faggotry that is so prevalent in the industry nowadays it wouldn't surprise me at all if that was actually the case.

Go find it and stick your ancient shame on a pastebin for all the board to laugh at/fap to/both.

oh thank fuck.

0/10, this is guaranteed to be shit, don't even get me started on Gerald's hair. There's no reason to give her tits whatsoever. Aren't they like, 10 years old? What the fuck, man, I'm all for sexualizing little girls, but you're not suppose to change existing ones, you just make new semen demons.
Fuck this gay shit.

Yes, actually, you can tell. There's virtually no way this is going to have the fluidity of the original show.

It's more than she had and you know it, nigger. Am I supposed to believe Helga is some super early bloomer? Why? What's the purpose? Her horny obsession with Arnold already made enough sense without forcing puberty onto her.

Helga needs more butt.

Gerald looks dead inside.

That's as may be, but you don't know that. You haven't seen an animatic. You haven't seen clips or trailers, or any piece of finished animation. You're basing your belief on a fucking model sheet. Fucking model sheets mean fucking nothing. Pics very much related.

Helga will never have her metaphor for sex.

No I'm not, I'm basing it on this image.
Even a still shot like that doesn't have the same character as something like this. It's so much more plastic.

Red lines are what she'd look like if she was completely flat. Didn't draw any for where her tits are barely distinguishable ie. practically every pose
I remember when I was at school some girls in my class had tits at ten. Not super big cow titties, but they were certainly developing

Phoebe will never fight a tentacle monster.

This is a promotional image. You're being ridiculous

1) Promotional image
2) Probably something to do with the fact that still is hand painted whereas the promo image is digitally coloured

I don't know what's worse ITT, the dumbass who thinks girls growing tits at age 10 is unusual or even them being early bloomers, or the dumbass who's pretending that the lack of fluid or dynamic posing doesn't mean the animation will be awful.

Hey Arnold sucks and the only people that like it are nostalgiafags

I remember thinking it was okay during season 1 when they were normal 4th graders doing kid shit like telling urban legends and shit but then they started shipping all the characters and becoming a soap opera about WHO WILL ARNULD CHOOZ? LILUH OR HELGUH?

I never saw the appeal. It was alright, but there's always some autistic contingent on Holla Forums that acts like shitty and mediocre shows were somehow more special than they actually were.

Arnold is a shitty character. Helga is retarded. Everyone else is forgettable as fuck.

It's still completely unnecessary. Not muh Helga. Get this cowtit whore the fuck off my screen. She was as flat as a board before, why fuck it up?

The artstyle stays true to the original, so I'd say so far so good.

You know, for a board that complains about cartoons a lot, most of you seem to know very little about them

Yes, of course
Right now Im starting to imagine that nuPPG "le funny maymays" episode, but with the HA! cast involved on it

And its really umcomfortable to have that awful image in your head

GET OUT YOU COWTIT LOVER

Retard, what do you think bad animation is? It's not like it's just frame rate like in vidya. Bad animation is when shit is incredibly stiff, not dynamic and alive. It's based on how the characters move. You can tell when the character is in a stiff position when they're supposed to be doing something active. The original Hey Arnold pics I showed are more dynamic. Don't pretend it's other people who don't understand when you're the one who has no clue about animation or even art. Give me some hours when I get off work and I'll show you how easily you can tell just by pictures, comparing shit like McCracken and Timm to the tumblr dumbasses that make shit like Regular Show.

Alright, like I promised.
Pics related are by Bruce Timm, Craig McCracken, and Genndy Tartakovsky. The poses are very dynamic, and feel very lifelike. Their bodies are not just boxes. They lean and move and curve.
This is how you can tell if someone's a good animator. They know how to shove movement with simple drawings. If you can't show movement with key pieces of art, how is the animation going to be fluid? It won't be. It doesn't magically become fluid when the art itself is so stale.

Give me a moment and I'll post even worse examples than OP's. I know the artists that work on Regular Show are PARTICULARLY terrible about this.

Here's examples of BAD animation, that you can see already through the drawings of artists. Already you know it's shit, because they're drawn on post-it notes, and yet they're considered 'concept art' and posted online by the artists as such. They're not dynamic. The characters that aren't just standing straight, are only faux-dynamic, for lack of a better term. There's no true motion beyond using noodle limbs to pretend like you know proper exaggeration. This is how you get crappy CalArts shows. They're not as bad as OP, but they're nowhere near as good as my first post.

I mean OP isn't as bad as these. Whoops.
Anyway, here is an example of this versus proper artists and what you can already tell is good animation, by comparing the old PPG to the PPG reboot.
One pretends it's dynamic by having Bubbles' fly-streak(or whatever you would call that?) rolling around Buttercup's, but have the others in very flat positions. The other is proper. It gives the characters movement. They're going in different directions, they're moving in ways where they no longer look stiff.

Gimme one moment and I'll get what you should really compare Arnold to- Family Guy, and animation like it.

And here's some stuff from the kind of stiff, shitty animation that OP should be compared to. You don't need to see it in action to know that it looks horrible animated. There's no love or life to the movement. It's more dynamic than noodle limbs, but it's not truly good. The characters don't move much more than their limbs again, and even when they do more than that, you can tell there's just… There's no thought behind it. Exaggeration isn't used. It looks like shit because it's so goddamn stiff, and so will this Arnold reboot.

And your point is?

That that faggot that was arguing that you can't know if the animation is bad or not based on those drawings in OP is full of shit and doesn't know anything about animation like he wants to pretend he does.

The guy in the image is right. Women peak at the age of 14. It's only downhill from there.

Sure smells like reddit in here.

Sure smells like newfag in here, actually.
Lurk more. 'REDDIT GTFO' isn't just something you use when someone tells you you're full of shit. Nothing I said is reddit-tier. Actually, if anything, your dumb ass defending a clearly shitty revival of a show that didn't really need to be revived is what's reddit-tier, here.

What about the DuckTales reboot?
Is it going to be shit too?

you know what, I'm going to go see this shit in theaters (which im assuming it will be in) when it comes out, just to trigger this autist sperging about the animation

Actually, I'm moderately interested in that one. Adding a female duck is fucking retarded, but it looks like it'll be as good as the Mickey Mouse shorts.
Don't lump this in with good reboots. Arnold didn't need to be rebooted, honestly. Especially not like this. But DuckTales is just trying to bring back iconic characters from the past. I don't mind it.

I made a few posts to explain why it'll be shit. Are you the same faggot that likes the nuPPG and argues that the shitty animation is 'subjective'? Because that's what you sound like.
I only had so many posts because there's a picture limit.

He does the same shit on Holla Forums.

She was in the fucking original. Do none of you people actually watch the stuff you complain about?

Oh boy, I can't wait for the hip kids to use memes.

That nigger Arnold gets into everyones business

This could be good or extremely bad, but it might be the latter.

Jesus christ, why do they feel the need to beat a dead horse? The show is over, let it rest in peace.

Consume bleach.

It's not coming to theaters (it would have if it came out when it was supposed to); it's a TV special.

I think I'm agreeing with you.

Why even bother, man?

nice

That's pretty rich, coming from an industry that learned animation from Walt. Anime was inspired by western animation, wasn't it?

Then the student surpassed the master long ago. Western animation has nothing to offer at this point. Anime is the the present and the future.

Says thee, /a/.
Whatever happened to the age of flash animations, and why did it have to die so prematurely?

At six grade, most girl had tits, most of them small but noticeable, I think Holla Forums as children where just so disinterested in sex they just didn't noticed…

In fact, around those last 2 grades of elementary school there where actual girls calling others flat!

I think the Issue is that Helga was supposed to be to masculine, it is weird that someone like her has tits, then again, her sister and mother are damn fine…

And modern western cartoons completely abandoned the legacy of Walt years ago, what's your point?

Why in the fuck did they give Helga tits?

I didn't even like this show as a kid and I'm fearing the worst.

It's a conspiracy to get at you and your perverted ways.

Good, good. Some people still have hope. Apparently there's still stupid people here even after they should have learned their lesson with the new Ben 10. I away the inevitable.

WALT MIGHT GET AWARDS, BUT H-B KEEPS THE COSTS LOW.

Nice pig.

It would be fun to watch a movie showing a grown-up arnold, probably in his early 30s by now, being a 90s kid dealing with the bullshit culture of today, helga becoming a SJW that hates him but still loves him, gerald joining BLM in the search for identity and then realizing what a scam it all is, phoebe having gone through a lesbian phase where she realized in reality she always loved helga and wanted to be a man so she would love her/him rather than just be a "friend" so she starts transitioning into a FtM trans

It would be a great opportunity to show just how everything went to shit since then

Hey arnold dealt with some heavy stuff back in the day, I remember that episode about the asian tenant that was a vietnam war refugee and was looking for his missing daughter that she gave to some guys in a helicopter so she wouldn't be captured by the invading troops.

That shit is pretty heavy when your audience don't even know what war is like