Exodus

As you all probably know by now, Holla Forums has lots of problems that aren't being fixed. Infinity has been shown to not be able to handle big shitposting events like this years E3 when the site went down, and the American election will no doubt bring the site to its knees once more. Infinity is forked from software that has a statement on its website that says the cruft has accumulated beyond repair: engine.vichan.net/ Infinity also uses the Tinyboard license, a license that requires that statement at the bottom which wastes vertical space, not exactly major but still an annoyance. The administration change is destroying transparency, freedom, and this site: Jim has refused to switch to Infinity Next over the license it uses, and I'm not sure if he's even willing to switch to Lynxchan at this point. The public repository for Holla Forums's code seems to be behind the actual website: github.com/ctrlcctrlv/infinity/tree/public-site Without the AGPL, which is what Infinity Next is licensed under, there is nothing really binding a website owner to release source code of the imageboard software running on their server(s). The administration can't help itself from playing favorites with boards like with the creation of /newsplus/, which gets frontpage news real state exclusively now whereas /n/ gets nothing. Holla Forums's PPH has plummeted recently and its starting to look more like /g/ every day. Plenty of "fix your shit" threads have gone by, culminating in the latest one which has a bunch of exodus information stamped all over it. Theres a poll from that thread which 16chan, which runs Infinity Next, has won: poal.me/tjyiy9 Due to all the fuckery that has happened with the software and the administration, I have to agree with those voters. It's ironic for the Holla Forums board to even stay here any longer, this site is against technological progress in imageboard software. This site has been given far too many chances, its time for us to start leaving.

Librechan and 8ch.pl are pointless to me, 8ch.pl faces the same issues that Holla Forums does except its site owner is not terrible. I doubt the longevity of a site that allows cheese pizza like Librechan.
Endchan's administration is kind of cringey from what I have seen, it uses a permissive license, the filesize limit is obviously not going to stay at 350MB if it ever gets enough posters, and most of the popular boards don't really appeal to me. I have not actually seen any proof of Lynxchan being better than Infinity Next or vice versa in a technical sense.

Here are some useful 16chan links from the CMFYS thread if you want to go there. The developer of Infinity Next, Null/Jaw-sh aka Josh runs it:
16chan.nl
16chan.nl/tech/
16chan.nl/who.html
16chan.nl/welcome.html
Heres the Infinity Next repo: github.com/infinity-next/infinity-next
If you want more information about the AGPL, you can find that here: gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0.en.html

Before someone mentions it, taking this to /metatech/ is pointless, its a dead board that nobody goes to really. At best you'll end up talking to some moderator.

Other urls found in this thread:

exodus.tech/about
8ch.net/log.php?board=tech
16chan.nl/tech/logs
8ch.net/metatech/contact.html
pastebin.com/eTWJDqHN
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law
github.com/majestrate/nntpchan
16chan.nl/boards.html
kiwiirc.com/client
archive.is/WvM0b
8ch.net/_a/aug16.txt.
mime.ritey.com/
github.com/vichan-devel/infinity/commit/eaa61147ab0393ef506fc241a6264e7ebc332516
github.com/vichan-devel/infinity/commit/d5dd79d4a292c808c346d2ea6d44c43caff42c61
pl.vichan.net/test/
8ch.pl/test/
2hu-ch.org/overchan.test-0.html
engine.vichan.net/
gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.en.html#GPLInProprietarySystem
lwn.net/Articles/696764/
archive.is/oqruL
twitter.com/ampernand/status/765945238443663360
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i2p mailing lists?

Okay, but where do I go for /sp/? I missed where those niggas went.

Masterchan seems to have no issues at all even though it allows pedo shit (no actual cp of course).
However Masterchan also has some good moderation. Reported images get blurred until approved etc. I don't really care about pedo shit on the sites I browse, as long as it's legal. However I just took a look at librechan and there are (non-censored) cheese pizza advertisements with related pic on it. I don't want to be seen with that shit.

Would you pedo fucks just fucking kill yourselves? No one wants to hang out with you faggots on your various honeypotchans

Yes please go away

If there's one thing I notice, its the mindset that there needs to be one imageboard to go to, as in one super popular imageboard. Personally, I browse multiple sites, though they aren't as active as 4chan or Holla Forums, they're certainly more chill (no enormous waves of spam attacks, subversive shitposting, [attempt at] interboard drama).

Anyway, Lainchan is a rather chill place. It's a bit focused on cyberpunk and technology which I guess someone who browses Holla Forums can enjoy.

I thought they went to 76chan.

You're joking, right?

16chan doesn't allow the creation of "legacy boards", which is a deal-breaker for me and I assume many others.

Masterchan is populated with pedophiles (which automatically limits its popularity) and doesn't allow board owners to delete threads/posts.

Lainchan's moderators delete anti-feminist posts and I've heard they're actual communists. (I like the way you think though.)

This site is falling apart but at the moment it's still the best we have.

Do you see this as a positive or a negative?

I understand why Josh thinks it's a good idea and I won't deny that it prevents some problems from arising. However we're talking about old communities each with their own culture, and the name is part of that. I don't think it's fair to deprive users of something that's dear to them just because he doesn't want to deal with a little drama.

Heres another one of those images, not sure if everything in it is completely right but it seems to at least get some of it right.

They apparently went to 76chan, which has no user created boards. Their opposition to new imageboard software is pretty much 100% emotional at this point, its kind of sad.

No user created boards there, I'm not interested.

I can see the reasoning behind it, people have stuck to some boards despite their shitty board owners just because the boards are legacy boards, but it inevitably hurts 16chan. The legacy boards rule only has to do with boards originating on 4chan by the way, so Holla Forums is there. Perhaps someone should set up another site running Infinity Next that allows legacy boards, or you could try arguing with Josh to see if he will change that.

Legacy boards are obsolete, especially when you're going to start peering with NNTPchan and have different topic-specific boards that may or may not be shared between instances.
Overboards, and filtering based on tags, are the future.
Josh doesn't have the time to work on that shit now though. Hell, it's on a single core VPS at the moment and apparently vc's VPSes are oversold or some shit because response times are shitty compared to a few weeks ago, when it was more popular.

User created boards were a mistake

That is, overboard/overcatalogs.
His overcatalog is kind of bloated though.
I have a bunch of stuff I wanted to do with Next, mainly
1) port all the stylesheets to SCSS, and further fix the build system
2) fix the selectable CSS so it's not the "base" stylesheet for board-specific stylesheets
3) try and fix the captcha so it'd play nice with document caching
4) implement the option for document caching
5) implement streaming APIs, which might be difficult/resource heavy in PHP, but it's doable
6) implement board-specific bots with the controller system, using API keys
and more

I'm not going to tell Josh how run his site. He's made his decision and we make ours.

Obviously most users don't feel that way.

al;so i took a loot at the javascript and think it can benefit from a more functional style
but again this is all pie in the sky shit, it just depends who has the time to do it
what really needs hammered out is anti-spam/duplicate posts, fixing redirects when javascript is enabled with bans/posting threads
probably more.
i know r9k robot bans were bugged?

well, they are.
who cares what retarded faggots think.

the "legacy board name" would point to a multiboard/overboard or overcatalog aggregating all boards that are relevant to the 4chan topic

so if you went to Holla Forums it'd aggregate all boards that have "videogames" in their tags

that also introduces some complexity in moderating tags, or instituting a delay for new boards to be included on that overboard, but it's not that big of a deal

and I though that endchan spammer wasn't enough.

Report it or hide it, faggot
Learn what the definition of "spam" is

/sp/ is on 76chan because that is the only imageboard that isn't broken. /sp/ has more posts there than the biggest boards on lynxchan, endchan, 16chan, or 8ch.pl (not counting bot spams). Not sure why more people aren't considering that.

probably because of /sp/

I wonder why did /sp/ moved to 76chan?

/sp/ moved because Holla Forums was broken, plus cripple and josh shut down the beta server over the holidays when they went to Japan, because the beta was the only usable Holla Forums board of theirs at the time.

Around November Holla Forums became practically unusable so we went over to 8ch.pl for a few weeks until that place became overloaded with bots slowing down the entire website.

After that we were in Infinity Next through December as practically the only testers for Jewsh until he fucked that up.

At that time around New Years there was not a single working user created chan. Thankfully 76chan's owner graciously accepted us.

We have stayed there since as thanks to him even though Holla Forums is mostly working now.

And what a coincidence, after Josh getting thrown to the pigs, the posting errors disappeared and it was also discovered of Josh "making a mistake" of screwing the software.

Incorrect.
After Josh's "mistake" was fixed the site was still shitting itself for a month until Alacrity was implemented.
It wouldn't have made any difference at all, except for not crashing the database one day. And it all could've been avoided had Hotwheels spent five minutes profiling the database or had they actually reviewed the patch.

Stop pretending you know what the fuck you're talking about. Thanks. Holla Forums was still shitting itself even after it was fixed, until Alacrity and new hardware.

Also, apparently they need even more hardware to run Holla Forums with the software it has at this point, which is hilarious.
Despite disabling several endpoints like last 50.

For fucks sake, with that much hardware and even if bui was spamming the captcha generation endpoint 24/7, without throttling it, Next would run fine.
The only reason is the license.

and the $12 000 that were thrown for 3 times of forced migration

First of all, you didn't pay anything. You're a NEET who whines about DUH 12 TRILLION.
$12k isn't that much to do a complete rewrite, with an import script, and to listen to retards bitch for 12 months.
Secondly, the reason the first migrations failed was because 2channel changed the database they wanted to deploy to. Holla Forums uses MySQL, Josh developed and tested against MySQL, it turned out the framework itself needed to be fixed with pgsql. That wasn't Josh's fault.
The reason it ultimately couldn't be deployed was the captcha and the amount of resources it consumed. Considering the captcha was configured to be once every post, it used a lot of resources. In addition to the fact that it was generating captchas for every lurker, all of the traffic that was being load balanced from Holla Forums, and the cripple's captcha was resource intensive in the first place.

Hello Josh

No, I'm not Josh. I just know what I'm talking about because I'm not a fucking retard.

I'm still mystified of why the hell did HW ever hired Josh of all people do work on Next. He could have hired a professional to do the job, then we wouldn't have waited for almost a year.
I fucking swear it's this friendship thing again

If you want someone to work on a software then don't hire an amateur.

I'm not a pedo though. I just don't have much of a problem with people posting non-cp images on the sites I visit. The sad thing about masterchan though is that nothing else is posted anymore. I can remember back when it just started and /nsa/ was still active, if not the most active. These days it's all pedo

Endchan.

A professional would probably have refused to get involved with us because of our reputation, and the pay wasn't that great either.

I was there for masterchan's early days too, I remember I had an architecture board and a pixel art board that nobody other than me posted on. Most of the pictures that ended up on the front page were already little girls though.

And just to add. That's the lifecycle of all boards that allow that kind of content. They either get shut down or become pedophile nests.

Didn't Holla Forums allow it until very recently though? I never went there, but from the name I infer /hebe/ was basically masterchan's /candy/. And Holla Forums doesn't seem to have a lot of population issues, or am I mistaken about that?

They are a part of the solution. The people who run imageboard sites have a hard time gauging what board should be made next, it makes more sense for the users to decide what boards should exist. Its a much more flexible system.

Considering going to 76chan, you mean? Because it has no user created boards.

Fair enough, but I still think Infinity Next should be used.

Have they considered trying Infinity Next now? 16chan runs it on a crappy single core VPS and still manages to be usable, although the load times are sort of slow but thats what you get with that kind of hosting. Maybe other imageboards should start adopting it.

Thats donated money paid to make Infinity Next. Infinity Next has been made so you got what you paid for, you're complaining about the performance of the overall administration of Holla Forums who screwed up the migration. The blame doesn't solely fall on Josh for that.

Josh did a pretty good job for $12,000, seriously its peanuts when you consider that he never stopped working on Infinity Next.

14-year-old black kids that jack off on cam and actual Marxists. No thanks.

But user created boards are reddit tier

You must love terrible cuckchan tier hotpocketry

there*

This is true.

Also, I'm the user who lurked Volafile to find that video and posted it on /cyber/. Just Saiyan, anons hating on namefags lately have no respect. I bring you the gold, all I ask is that you read my name. Maybe I'll just take my ball and go play elsewhere. Its getting pretty toxic here. I got banned on Holla Forums for chronic shitposting, for calling 8ch out for captcha and Infinity Next, etc. Best not to upset the Politoburo lads, a Commissar of 8ch might send you to Gulag like how I got banned on /k/. Seriously, the place is devolving into a pile of shit because if its not the admins its the fellow users running off the best talent. What OC have you seen from 8ch lately? 4ch /g/ has had better threads than Holla Forums for the last month straight, it doesn't really get worse than that.

Also, at this point I've considered that there are bots on 8ch that respond to namefags, the responses lacking any intelligence. Any responses of filtered and kill yourself are being ignored, but knock yourself out if it makes you feel better.

Why are you faggots still running? Every board has their slice of heaven in whatever chan they chose. Following that fat pedofuck josh isn't very smart since there will always be a split between going or staying.

Josh did nothing wrong

Yeah because allowing a global admin team total authority over what the userbase is allowed to discuss has worked so well for 4chan. Consider going back there.

J O S H
O
S
H

tldr kill yourself namefag nobody cares

End your life already.

So edgy. Into the filter you go.

Filtered

Functionally speaking, what's the difference between 76chan and 4chan? What real differences are there other than opposing senses of site elitism? Under-the-hood software doesn't count; only shit that an average nocoder user will notice matters here, so don't tell me vichan is the difference.

i lik criket

hey budy
u lik criket ?

i lik criket budy u lik criket?

You should learn the difference between a community with pedos and a community of pedos.

Go away josh, I see enough of your shit on Holla Forums.

Wrong. This site was unusable until Hotwheels was removed from admin, just like 16chan was unusable until Hotwheels' code was removed.

pajeetwheels can't code

Honestly the only reason I'm staying here is because of Holla Forums and because surprisingly enough this is the most active Holla Forums there is. I've really come to hate this place over the past few months, been here since moot jumped the shark and it's the same thing all over again. I don't even care anymore.

fuck off back to reddit you unfunny little shitlicker.

hello

The whole premise of this thread is to remind everyone Holla Forums is going to collapse (along with the rest of the website) right when it's needed the most.

The hard truth is Holla Forums is an unsalvageable pile of crap held together with "temporary" hacks. 4chan was too and guess what? It got a complete rewrite and survived the next quarter billion posts as a result. Imagine that.

If it happens, which is very probable, I hope it will be the turning point. When Holla Forums shits the bed, Holla Forumsacks are not going to go to 4chan, I can tell you that. They'll probably flock to endchan as a temporary bunker (I hope, 16chan not having the actual board name will put off most and .pl is Holla Forums-2.0 French server edition). And the more it happens and the more they get to see endchan (or whatever else comes) as an actual alternative, it may organically progress from there. I'm ok with 16chan for Holla Forums though, don't really mind Josh. He might be an autist, but better him than this kike and his wife's son running things around.

All the alternatives are shit asf
but 16chan is worse then nextchan, and next chan is shit asf.

You have no idea what you are talking about, and should fuck off back to whatever shithole you crawled out of

The biggest problem with 16chan right now isn't the board name games, it's that at a high level it reminds me too much of Voat. All this promise of a better-architected site is going to waste, because Josh is so autistic with his "free speech at all costs" stance that it's cost the ability for anyone to have an intelligent exchange with anyone else.

There's a few decent people/boards scattered around (Holla Forums is one of them, I just wish more people posted there), but it also attracts some complete failed abortions from the bottom dregs of social memedia. You've got a bunch of retards this week spamming cp and sliding boards from one VPN and screaming at josh 50 times an hour to give them gvol powers from another; there's another pile of shit going from board to board like Jehova's Witnesses grovelling for mod positions; there's avatarfagging attention whores trying to force their edgy OC recolor 16chan-man™©® brand image into every conversation... and a slightly retarded furry *actually* in control of the site's public image on twitter.

I have no idea how that last one was ever allowed to happen but it's pathetic to watch them all interact. There's so many leeches trying to stake a claim in that site that it's bleeding to death.

I'm really craving a new place with higher quality posting

16chan is too web 2.0, i don't have anything against josh but i don't want to use it.

Nice buzzword

Translation: I have no idea what I'm talking about on a technical level so I'll criticize the CSS

pick one

If you would read the post, you'd know why. Its that simple.

4chan is terrible, but their software can at least handle heavy traffic. This site can't handle big events with the current size of the userbase, how is it supposed to survive growth?

How is this different than Holla Forums was? The global rules were always intended to be bare bones. I don't see how Holla Forums actually prevents these strange characters from doing their thing from besides having more hotpockets to throw at them.

Wasn't that because the furry grabbed it first? I don't even know if Josh uses twitter.

What exactly do you dislike about it?

I thought Holla Forums was compromised? Maybe that was D&C shit that got spread around, I don't remember.

Holla Forums is fine. People will bitch about the hotpockets no matter who is in charge. The hotpockets in charge now let us do what we need to do, sticky mostly good threads. They may not delete/anchor every shit thread, but no one is perfect. What else can you ask for besides hotpockets that are on 24/7 to clean up shit threads?

I wish I could take you seriously right now, user. But you make your real agenda too obvious.

16chan.nl

Oh, it's that pedo board.

Pedophile boards with images aren't allowed on 16chan, nor are child glorification threads, so maybe you should stop pretending that you know what you're talking about?

16/tech/ is getting along very good now

all the sportsfags went to 76chan

Masterchan is a honeypot.

the legacy autism is bad but there is other board names, fresh.

I argued a lot with Joshua Moon and he flat out refused.

kill yourself freech.

top kek

you know nothing about 16chan, no images of children are allowed there and there are NO PEDOS.
Librechan is where the pedos went.

Why is no one going to NNTPchan, it's clearly the future.

16chan is going to be a PART of NNTP m80.

/this

Too bad there are something like 10 users. You thought Endchan was too slow...

The future is a boot stomping down on a human face, forever. Ergo, 4chan.

You give Holla Forums less credit than it deserves. 4chan's /g/ is 90% consumerist shill marketing threads.

because it isn't an improvement. you can spam the board and it scrolls everyones posts off: not censorship resistant. Waste of time.

fuck off you absolute idiot

that depends entirely on the front-end

he's right, you are an incompetent faggot that doesn't even know what buzzwords are
there's a stylesheet that looks just like Holla Forums
web 2.0 also is Holla Forums, and 4chan, because web 2.0 is just a buzzword that means "user generated content."

GET FUCKED SHILLS

you're fucking retarded
also, by your definition Holla Forums isn't censorship resistant
if a board isn't configured correctly or spammers are really autistic even if it is configured right, you can wipe whole catalogs, and you're shit out of luck if the admins don't have a backup
16chan doesn't even prune threads until the cron job runs at the specified time, if you run it at all, leaving plenty of time to restore boards

Yeah but when?

you are shilling 16chan
thus you are a shill

I wish there was an anonymous (through I2P) and decentralized imageboard.
Oh well, c'est la vie.

You mean NNTPchan? Did you just assume it didn't exist?

you're a fucking retarded faggot
learn what the definition of 'shilling' is, retard

I wish schizoids and shills hadn't destroyed the credibility of infographics, that's the worst thing in all this.

but that infographic is completely correct
it's also missing the fact that Jim stored 50,000 unencrypted credit card records, and posts associated to the credit card information
and the fact that his son deflects from the massive breach they were responsible for, making him pretty much complicit

nntpchan is clearnet focused.

stay away from librechan

you antis do not want to be there

we maps do not want you there

But you can use it through i2p. What's the problem?

They are full of bullshit like -

which never happened, afaik even 2ch allows vpns.

It makes it harder and harder to discredit things like the holohoax when low iq autists continue to spread easily disproven BS.

That's pretty much the only "bullshit" thing in the image. It'd be better by replacing that with an explanation of the above image, which is the fact that Jim was deleting and banning people who were making fun of him globally for a time.
And explaining the fact that Jim and Codemonkey are behind the storing of tens of thousands of people's credit card numbers, which explains why he was very sure to emphasize that softserve is done via third party payment processor.

i2p is a meme.
decentralisation is a meme.

everything on the internet is moving toward centralisation, no one wants decentralisation except for a very very very small minority that aren't even in the game due to network effects.

riiiight.

the password thing is part of local storage right?

that's the same thing cookies do, which every site has. If you are using a VPN or proxy and aren't deleting your cookies/local storage before changing IP then this ebin password conspiracy applies to pretty much every site on the Internet.

note - I always assumed the infographics were parody, and they are funny, though I've seen autistic people on twitter that actually believe them which is disappointing.

Not bullshit.
Passwords are stored in plaintext on the server. It's been fixed in the real Infinity, which is now czaks fork, and not NT Technology's bullshit.
Take a look at the bottom of the screen:
They simply don't want to release the sources. Explains why Jim didn't want AGPL.
Uhh, no. Cookies aren't an identifier that's stored with every post with pretty much any software.

Anyways, you are a fucking retard. The fact is that it was a problem that post passwords weren't hashed and salted, because they allow you to see every post a person makes even if you change your IP address. It's an identifier.

The problem with the passwords is that they're associated with posts. It can still be used for tracking, retroactively, even if there's no special tracking code.

you first

here's a protip: when you blow your brains out of your skull try to go for the frontal lobe, even though you're going to bleed out before your mother has a chance to save you.

I'm still not seeing why this a huge deal but then I use twitter, facebook, 4chan etc

because it's basically an account system, that is easy for the admin to abuse
if it were hashed and salted, it wouldn't be a problem, because the value would be different with every post and posts couldn't be associated easily beyond IP address

I get banned from a lot of sites so I know how this works, 4chan for example will carry bans from another IP over if you have the same cookies/local storage.

you should see the two germans post
holy shit, they're obviously severely autistic
they'll stoop to the lowest levels to deflect from the fact that Pigman was responsible for storing 50,000 unencrypted credit card records
it's a sight to behold

and? we're supposed to be better than 4chan, not store any identifying information beyond the bare minimum. this isn't even getting into the fact that IP addresses are stored with posts forever.

the two germans being the faggot that rambles about "/jp/ teenbros" and the faggot that rambles about "goons."
basically some autists that are probably in some IRC circlejerk, one of which owns /irc/ and the other which owns /4irc/.

Holla Forums already has an account system built in though, you have to use it to make boards, assign vols etc. Just how it has to be,

I agree it would be better to do what can be done to help anonymity for those not wanting that. This data mining conspiracy though is more than 50% alex jones from what I've seen.

The one going around 16chan and demanding mod from every single BO was german, it's probably one of them now you mention it.

That it already has an account system is irrelevant. The point is that it gives a persistent identity for posts, which the real account system doesn't do.

yeah like pretty much every site on the Internet does.

I think a lot of the alex jones types don't understand how websites work though, duckduckgo is one of the few sites that doesn't but they've convinced themselves that's a jewish conspiracy.

You are a fucking retarded faggot.
This is an anonymous imageboard. Beyond the bare minimum of address information for law enforcement, any more information to associate just takes away from the "anonymous" moniker. That's what makes them different.

There's no reason to store post password information in plain text. Am I arguing with Jim, Codemonkey, or one of his Filipino wage slaves? That would explain it, seeing as you also neglected to encrypt actually sensitive information when it came down to it.

The most important characteristic of imageboards is that there's no identity, so it does matter even if the rest of the internet has identities.

And of course, address information isn't exclusively for law enforcement. It's basically the bare minimum to keep the site from blowing up, as well, with bans or what not.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just incompetence. There's no reason to not hash and salt.

that's a bit more than bare minimum.

yeah but by the definitions being thrown around here there has never been an anonymous image board ever, at least as far as I know. Masterchan even had an account system for all posts and that was meant to be the most freedom board.

I think people here are just talking in circles.

No, it's not. Address information is the bare minimum. IP addresses are not identities, and that and ranges are pretty much required for the internet to function.
What is above the bare minimum is storing address information beyond a month or so, when posts are not expired.

Masterchan is a honeypot. No one fucking cares what pedophiles think "freedom" is.

I was talking the LE angle, you can use tor or vpn or whatever.

yeah but you see people brandishing infographics about Holla Forums being closed source and being able to tie posts together with passwords, telling people to come to Masterchan - the closed source site with accounts instead. There is silliness like that all over the place.

where? you originally were bitching about 16chan, which is the software that was supposed to replace Infinity had Jim not thrown a temper tantrum over not having any choice in the matter of maintaining a source repository.

it was implied.

I never said anything for or against 16chan

you were bitching about the infographic itt

complaining about inaccuracies in infographics does not mean complaining about a website.

learn2logic

This thread is shit and you should feel bad, you made it what it is.

Everyone knows that you cucks aren't going anywhere.

Holla Forums's favorite website is a proprietary mess with absolute shit administration. Of course they won't move out.

Kill yourself namefag.

You first

For those who are interested, here is an Infinity Next formatting guide.

My agenda is to prevent this idiocy from happening again. We had our little experiment with permissive licenses, and the end result is that some of the imageboard software stays closed source. The AGPL at the very least legally obligates the site owner to keep the imageboard software open source, and people like Jim are repelled by it, so thats a plus. I doubt a Lynxchan instance that we would choose would stay fully open source forever. Whats the point of going with the permissively licensed software if we want the imageboard software to stay open source anyway? I don't think 16chan itself is ideal, the lack of legacy boards and the shitty server are downsides, but nobody else is hosting an Infinity Next instance.

He would have to be paid to be a shill.

I don't think anyone recommended going to Masterchan in this thread.

Oh, it turns out did, I already forgot about that.

GET FUCKED

I feel like everyone smart left and we're just stuck with retards that don't understand shit and want to 'fight' everyone now

Kill yourself namefag.

Yeah basically. Perfect example is this retard

Didn't we already have a thread along these lines once in the last week?

It's every thread!

This reminds me of what happened to textboards. If you go on any of the English language ones like 4-ch.net, you will find at least one thread about everything being dead on each board. In a twist of irony, it is usually the only recently active thread.

It's impossible to have any meaningful discussion here because now it turns into a Holla Forums vs anti-Holla Forums shitfest every. single. time. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was Josh trying to drive people away from here and to 16chan.

Perhaps it it time to find not merely a new chan, but a new medium to replace imageboards.

I think there should be a shell-chan, that lets you add boards from any chan with a JSON interface.

And what the fuck could replace imageboards?

What board values freedom, isn't data mining for shekels, tech oriented, Cypher punk, no cucks?

What about a mailing list? Email is decentralized by design already and a listserv wouldn't take too much effort to run.

Lainchan?

You forgot
Kalyx is an applefag.

Reply-all spam incoming.

What board values freedom, isn't data mining for shekels, tech oriented, Cypher punk, no cucks?

I agree with this sentiment very much

NNTPchan is clearly the best choice for the future. Runner ups would be 16chan and endchan with nope-tier being libre, master, pl, and obviously 4chan and its various spawns. There are others like 76, final, etc, but I don't think they're worth considering.

Someone should do a comparative infographic if one doesn't exist already. Maybe I'll do it.

The AGPL is snakeoil for that purpose. A website administrator can always release the source of AGPL'd server software and claim that it's the same as what's running on the server, but it would be difficult to verify that. And even if you had evidence that what was running on the server was different from what had been released, somebody would have to hire a lawyer (actually, several lawyers in different countries in the case of Holla Forums) to attempt to bring a civil case. It would be massively expensive and would most likely fail.

/n/ has been utter garbage for over a year. The move to /newsplus/ posts displaying on the front page was a smart one.

librechan does not permit CP. It is removed promptly when it is reported. I've never actually seen any on there, just the "File Deleted" notices left in the wake of a deletion.

Are you some kind of vending machine for retardation? That seems to be all that comes out of you.

>>>/suicide/

give up

So you're in favor of boards where only pre-approved posters are allowed to make threads? Sorry but I can't take anything else you say seriously.

Not the point. They screwed over the userbase and now all the news on the frontpage are made by mod-approved fags and shills.

I don't know what librechan have you been to not that I have seen any of it on there, FBI but again, that's not the point. It is a pedo site, all the pedos went there, and everywhere you go is pedos and "totally not CP".

That's probably exactly what happened.

To be fair, /n/ shouldn't have gotten the special privilege of appearing on the front page in the first place.
Can't anyone become a mod approved fag, though? I'm not really arguing that the idea behind /newsplus/ isn't a stupid one, just playing devil's advocate.

Sure, I mean, until Jim/Porchmonkey sees a post in your post history they don't like.

>Answer the questions and send an email to [email protected]/* */ then in a short time, you can be sharing breaking news with the community.

>3. What kind of content do you want to contribute to >>>/newsplus/?

If the answer to that question is yes, the next question should be "for how long".

Has that happened?

Does anyone have the necessary information to answer that question?

this

They assign reporters through requests by email but even if that weren't the case how do you think every message board in the world including the vols on Holla Forums get their positions, random assignment?

/n/ like Holla Forums and /operate/ are global boards and they can do what they want with them.

The /n/ userbase screwed itself over by being shit. Especially /shillcen/, who single-handedly turned /n/ into an Infowars clone for the better part of a year.

If you're seeing CP on librechan, especially CP that's not removed promptly, you must be looking for it. And not reporting it when you find it.

If you think there's too much pedo content, contribute other content. Currently fewer than half of the threads on page 1 of Holla Forums are pedo related.

Actually, nvm. You're just a crybaby shitposter. I don't want you over there. Stay here.

Found the pedophile.

I literally saw, let's say, very suggestive pictures the first time I went there. This was months ago, so maybe it's changed now. Still, the non-CP content is enough to keep me away.

I don't want to go.

Stunning police work, Detective Dipshit.

I literally saw, let's say, very suggestive pictures the first time I visited Holla Forums.

Therefore, by your logic, Holla Forums is a pedo board. You should leave here, too.

You can find tips on making your exit from anything that might disturb you at

>>>/suicide/

Fuck off pedo

Okay logical man, we both know it's completely logical to compare some pedo boards like /hebe/, which were only allowed because the admin at the time was a sperg over free speech and saw them as some sort of canary, while being somewhat loathed by a big part of their own site, and later on the new admin fucking purging them, to a site which is funded on the premise of being pedo heaven, having the most part of the listed boards be pedo boards, and having /hebe/ as the most active board, with the runner-ups being basically /hebe/ generals.

Clever bants, mate.

Go fuck yourself.

Fuck off back to masterchan if you like it there so much, pederast.

nigga what? new imageboard software fuckery ruined 8ch.

nigga plz. wat 8ch got dat 76 don't? ukko work good fo browsing all ee activity of da board, sum time your message be lookin automated dawg and git b& but it's w/e

plus dots might be postan nudes l8r

this

this, the splinter chans have been good for people who want to have some real discussions about things and practice their autism in peace.

All the years spent shilling altchans on Holla Forums could have been spent shilling them on more active sites and could've have gotten more than 30 active users.

moot was right about butthurt not being enough to sustain a site, Holla Forums got over it's butthurt at moot so it formed communities, 76chan/endchan/16ch being chans run purely on butthurt can't amount to much.

Idk I can make a Holla Forums board on freech.net, but nntpchan is superior. 16chan is good too but it can't be used on text browsers (Josh can work on fixing that though).

Oh okay cuck't again

You can use 16chan with text browsers, it's just a bit annoying.

This argument was used on 4ch against 8ch if you remember. It was used six months ago on 8ch against Endchan, which, having many of the same moderators as this site, has grown to be respectable. 8ch and Endchan Holla Forums have the same board owner for example. So my point is, all this talk of "that place is the Devil" is really "pls don't leave me here all alone!".

Filtered.

Kill yourself namefag.

Holla Forums, 16chan and endchan Holla Forums are ALL owned by ring.

16/tech/ is the best and has many custom flags that are larger and better quality.

It covers exactly the use case we have, that is fat pigfuck Jim neglecting to release anything, even though it's obvious changes are being made.

What have you got in the email field?

I couldn't get it working with lynx, not sure where the reply box is

Yes, its harder than figuring out whether or not that binary on your computer is really the same deal as what you compile from source, thats a given. However, it can become obvious when features that show up on the site are not in the source code. It is quite obvious that some parts of the imageboard software used on Holla Forums is proprietary, for example.

By your logic, everything under a copyleft license would have failed by now. The FSF and other organizations help with this sort of thing.

Its better than absolutely nothing, which is what we have now. You just proved that in your own post. Why would someone go the lengths of breaking the AGPL intentionally when they could just use an alternative that doesn't have the possibility of getting them into legal hot water?

Alright, I didn't bother to check the policies of a majority-pedo website. Theres a reason why basically every other imageboard doesn't allow pedo imageboards, they have to constantly get rid of CP hidden in a nest of borderline CP. The majority of us don't want to be stuck with people posting piles of CP, we have nothing to gain from pedoboards. Among that community there will always be some people posting that stuff. Although if Josh ever gets around to making Exodus, it would be less risky to have pedoboards: exodus.tech/about Doesn't the site run Infinity anyway? It would be pointless to go there.

16chan values freedom the most since it runs AGPLed software.

It was a badly done migration that screwed things over. The software clearly works now.
User created boards and other features. Both suffer from software that is unmaintainable and buggy, which is why new imageboard software was wanted in the first place.
Was that English, or a new language?

Yeah, but its obvious that /newsplus/ is a turn for the worse. On 16chan, new posts are featured on the frontpage so its pretty fair there as far as I can tell.

If you're the spokesman for Endchan, then I really don't want to go there.
This is basically the same situation for 16chan and 8ch.pl, the people who run this board set up altchan boards due to Infinity shitting the bed repeatedly. Its not really a positive or a negative since its the same situation on the other sites. The rest of the community doesn't seem that great to me.

He's got a sage, user. Theres just this "email protection" thing thats in the field for a little bit.

sage is in the email field, being "protected" by cloudflare
it's your daily reminder that MITMflare is always watching, and traffic is probably not encrypted from cloudflare's servers to 8ch's

I understand, I had JS disabled.

Lynx and Next are only used by "fuck Holla Forums" spin off sites.

All the other chans refuse to use either software.

Maybe work on that.

This is not the time for exodus, if you try now you hurt chances for later. We need to wait for something like gamergate to happen, we need a site wide mass exodus, and all you will get is straglers. If you stop "shilling" 16chan now and wait until something bad happens that will get people to leave, then "shill' you will have more success. One of endchan's large problems is that it was shilled so hard it got a bad rep for that, just wait.

Do you know where you are?

Not Holla Forums Holla Forums. End/tech/ has the same flags as 16/tech/.

the problem is that the fat kike has learned to use different handles and be "hands-off" for the most part, and certainly not repeating the fuckup where he was globally banning people for making fun of him.

just picture a boot covered in pig shit, stomping on your face forever, with absolute gems like "we're moving away from global boards" only to add a global board the following week. that's Holla Forums.

what the fuck does "hurtcore" even mean? pretty sure this is a meme spread by pedophiles themselves, because only a pedophile would know what the fuck that term means. josh has certainly never said it, in any of the logs.

>Alright, I didn't bother to check the policies of a majority-pedo website. Theres a reason why basically every other imageboard doesn't allow pedo imageboards, they have to constantly get rid of CP hidden in a nest of borderline CP. The majority of us don't want to be stuck with people posting piles of CP, we have nothing to gain from pedoboards. Among that community there will always be some people posting that stuff. Although if Josh ever gets around to making Exodus, it would be less risky to have pedoboards: exodus.tech/about Doesn't the site run Infinity anyway? It would be pointless to go there.

1. Librechan has better improved software, it deletes all user data and IPs after 4 days.
Is not free speech, imageboards are for free speech, discussion and expression, banning X group would be censoring that.

He is going to finish it but I doubt Joshy Woshy will allow pedos because he a mentally unstable and does not understand the concept of free speech and expression.

bad shit is already happening
-Jim permabanning & censoring users
-Jim Datamining users
-Codemonkey creating shill news sites
-closed source botnetoli

look at the logs, they have the same username.
8ch.net/log.php?board=tech
16chan.nl/tech/logs

Holla Forums Holla Forums has a different owner:
8ch.net/metatech/contact.html

josh allows pedophiles, he just doesn't want you posting child glorification images. it's pretty simple stuff. you can post anything you want, except child glorification images. you can willingly ignore US copyright (hosted in romania, apparently), just don't post child glorification images. you can write a fanfic about fucking underage children, just don't post child glorification images.

this is simple stuff.

I don't feel like digging it up right now but there is screencap of Josh talking on IRC about how he felt guilty about enjoying it.

you know those are logs made up by some faggot meth addict, right? moleman.

That IRC log was made up. The person who posted it to ED tried to remove it later but it was reverted.

also, those aren't actually IRC logs. unless you've never actually used any IRC client, you'd know that. good job falling for /cow/ shit.

Joshua Moon discussed Hurtcore (which means violent, abusive, torture ect) CP on the Blocklands forum official IRC channel.

ahh, so ring is just a vol.

It is literally the same as don't post any Nazi glorfication content, it is still censorship.

I deleted my previous post because I accidentally posted the wrong screenshot in the first picture, please reload the page.

Because of the way they're formatted? You know that formatting depends on the client, right?

all the stuff you've posted is bullshit, though.

16chan shills pls

Shit is legit yo, believe what you want

Point is, 8ch is closed source malicious software, what are you going to do about it faggot?

Librechan has a good log retention policy, Endchan is comfy. I don't namefag there so relax. Be chill.

SJW here should enjoy Lainchan, you can actually be the cuck when you post there (buy stickers pls)

you didn't post anything new, you retard. you just deleted the post.

yeah, and? give me years worth of IRC logs with the relevant snippet in it instead of shit made up by a meth addict.

those aren't real IRC logs

Kill yourself namefag

if you have to constantly lie about things to make your point, then maybe your point isn't worth making?

It logs you IP with every image you expand. It logs you forever. Cloudflare, Javascript... what planet are you living on?

if it's not malicious, then why can't they just maintain a tree and push when changes are made?

You know even on 4chan with all that they insist the mod irc logs are faked, it's a North Korea type of environment, they believe everything Hiroyuki and the mods tell them. Holla Forums could have benefited from something like that tbqh.

except that's wrong, you fucking retard.
nazi glorification content is free speech.
child glorification content is overwhelmingly made by some fat fucks in a ukranian studio, or random homes or hotel rooms, of children who are abused.
your child jerkoff images are not free speech.
political speech is free speech.
learn the difference.

Yes Comrade, the international situation is intensifying.

Forgot to mention Captcha and Google Analytics.

are you trolls or are you mentally ill?

if every site that logs IPs and is closed source were malicious software then antivirus programs would be blocking 99.99999999999999% of sites on the Internet.

twitter, facebook, youtube etc. All malicious software.

versus
lmao
no, dipshit. I'm asking for proof. denying the janiteam logs are fake is delusional.
but, in this context, the faggot who created the logs admitted they were fake, and they're obviously not formatted properly for IRC logs, nor do they even contain a bunch of shit to make it a good fake.
so no, you stupid faggot. you believe they're real because they satisfy your pre-concieved biases.

NO IT IS NOT BULLSHIT, SEE INFOGRAPHIC AND PASTEBIN
pastebin.com/eTWJDqHN

Picture 3 is CLEAR PROOF Holla Forums is malicious software, just read it nigger.

again, if it weren't now malicious, then why couldn't they maintain a tree and push on changes like hotwheels used to do?

They are malicious. You are starting to get it. Nobody should use Facebook, Twitter or any of those normie sites.

Congratulations, you've taken the first step on your journey to being a L337 hAx0r

Point being Holla Forums was made with the borderline and beyond borderline mentally ill freetards in mind. The Richard Stallman crowd isn't much of a crowd.

inb4 reeeeeeeeeeeeee normies

too late.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law

there's nothing to 'agree with' in the context of child glorification content.
it's images of abused underage children that fat fucks jerk off to.
just because hotwheels thought it was possible to moderate the content without hiring a filipino content filtering firm, doesn't make it free speech. better to just ban all child glorification content when you're just one guy.

we know you're just a fat fuck who jerks off to underage children. hiding behind 'muh free speech' to post children who are abused is hilarious.

Do I get 3 hots and a cot at Club Gitmo or should I be concerned about your shit opinion?

I guess its the same as whats used on 8ch.pl? There are still plenty of issues with Infinity, Infinity Next is definitely better at this point.

Its not because I personally don't like it, its because its like playing hot potato with a nuclear bomb. It screws over anyone using the site without a proxy/VPN/Tor/etc or anyone who gets de-anonymized using a VPN or something and it tends to get unwanted third parties involved. Its just a fact that pedos as a group will be likelier to post actual CP.

Then grab the software when its finished and use it.

ring is one of the volunteers here, I'm guessing ring has more time than guy to manage the altchan boards.

I have never seen proof of it being anything more than a stupid meme.

Bad stuff has already happened. Not too many people left. Ideally we need a website that allows legacy boards running Infinity Next that doesn't run on a toaster like 16chan does, so it can be an actual alternative to Holla Forums. Its likely that something bad will happen around the American election, probably the site going kaput, so it'd be nice to have an alternative set up before then.

These are the best options available to us now. We'd need to find someone willing to host a website that allows legacy boards and doesn't have the bad reputation, deserved or not, of Josh or Endchan.

you didn't answer the question. if it's not malicious, then why can't they maintain a tree and push changes immediately like hotwheels used to do?

when was the last time you personally audited Firefox?

how do you know it's not spyware?

Legacy boards are obsolete. Fuck off. All 16chan needs is for legacy boards to redirect, with NGINX, to the overboard/multiboard and filter based tags,
So Holla Forums would redirect to the multiboard for the 'videogames' tag.

mozilla pushes every single change to make it publicly reviewable, and all of their issue trackers are public.
Holla Forums doesn't push any changes, beyond javascript which could be prettyified anyways, and none of their disucssions are public.
why should we trust a fat fuck kike who stored 50,000 unencrypted credit card records? I'm waiting for a reason.

My conspiracy theory is that it's codemonkey and jim that are pushing all this easily disprovable bullshit to make any of their detractors look like morons.

If they ever do anything wrong then people won't be able to call them out because of all the idiots pushing disinfo.

like all misinformation, there's a nugget of truth
Jim did start banning people globally for making fun of him
They are witholding changes to the software for some reason, probably because Jim is a doubletalking kike
They made a new global board and pushed it on the front page without any input from users, despite saying that they were moving away from global boards

Also, why was /n/ featured on the front page anyways? Hotwheels trying to take away from Holla Forums, which is a shitty board no doubt, but it's this free market doubletalk that made hotwheels look like a total faggot, especially after he kept giving legacy boards to his friends, so as not to "throw the pearls to the swine."

you've convinced me. where do we go?

He didn't give any legacy boards to friends, he was the board owner of /int/ and Holla Forums.

Most of the legacy boards on Holla Forums are dead anyway.

False flags happen all the time. I'm becoming aware of many spam attacks actually being false flags where an IRCfag wants to aquire mod powers.

I know that 4chan was making 1 million a year in selling passes and analysis of user data, but how much does Jim make with 2ch and 8ch? I guess its enough to live like a gangster with his own pig farm in a 3rd world country. I hope their new President takes out the trash if you know what I mean. But also, how much does a Mark make on Holla Forums? What does a high-end mod get paid?

He gave legacy boards to friends. It's the same shit. He also checked whether his friends wanted a board before taking it to claims.

>>>/newsplus/7543
This site is so fucked it's unreal

Holla Forums and Holla Forums are the biggest legacy boards and as far as I know he didn't do that with either of them, he didn't know Mark until he became the board owner.

I know there was some fuckery with the gamergate boards but they weren't legacy boards and it was a Holla Forums namefag that crashed it into the ground.

word filters exist to be used I guess.

That's because they were created before the claims system was even a thing.
Hotwheels didn't touch the gamergate boards. It was after that where he started giving legacy boards to friends.
Either way it doesn't matter. The point is the doubletalk from the admistration.

why are they filtering words on a global board? why is jim claiming that it's being spammed hundreds of times when his search function and logs shows otherwise?
why is jim using a different handle to appear to be a different person? it's always called out, and he finally submits, because he's so obvious.
why does this credit card fraudster faggot own Holla Forums?

as were nearly all the boards here.

yeah he did.

the complaints about him giving boards to his friends were about Holla Forums, /int/ and /operate/ all boards he was the board owner of. He could have overthrown imkampfy instead of creating /n/ anytime.

No, he didn't. In fact, it was his big talking point about how duh free market just werks when they migrated twice.
And? That's what claims is for. Pick from the userbase, give others a chance, don't keep it in your cabal.

Holla Forums - meta

at the end of the day no one gives a shit about endchan, 16ch, freech, 76chan, etc. If people want to use another image board they'll use 4chan or probably even reddit/twitter/facebook (normies reeeeeee etc).

Good luck getting any real traffic from people coming from Holla Forums or some other imageboard without them. I don't mind their existence, when the website gets big enough the userbase inevitably spills over into smaller boards anyway. A good amount of legacy boards really didn't make the cut here anyway. Sure, Holla Forums, Holla Forums, Holla Forums, Holla Forums, Holla Forums, /k/, /tg/, and /r9k/ are either popular or fairly popular, but thats a fraction of the boards that originated on 4chan. New boards gained popularity despite them not being on 4chan, like /furry/, Holla Forums, Holla Forums, /cuteboys/, /christian/, and /monster/. The freedom of choosing boards worked out decently, why limit it?
Its neat technology, but I don't think people will be used to that immediately. People want definite boards.

Imageboard software has a lot less to audit than browsers.

Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube are horrible for privacy. Why would we want our site to even be remotely like them?

In my opinion the best place is 16chan right now.

Because Hotwheels made the gamble of trusting him for the offer of more reliable hosting.

All this meta drama could be prevented if Jim weren't an untrustworthy fat fuck kike.
Unfortunately the two largest imageboards are run by an untrustworthy gook and jizzskin.

Again, you retarded faggot. I just said that they're be replaced by a multboard index/catalog would contain threads from all of the boards with the specified tag. Creating a new thread could be delegated to the top board out of those boards with those tags, or it could be random. This is all possible thanks to the dynamic building, instead of the retarded static file caching this site chokes on.

Not to mention, this is the best decision for the NNTPchan network if you're actually going to be serious about it. Aggregating all of the NNTPchan boards based on tags from who you've peered with, trusting your peers to not shit up everything with bogus tags.

Thats different than actually having legacy boards to visit. It'll take ten seconds for most users to realize that their legacy board is really just a multiboard, and that they have no real legacy board. The majority of users aren't used to new features like multiboards, and they would probably want something familiar. I guess it would improve the situation somewhat but it doesn't make the website a 1:1 alternative to Holla Forums, the actual 1:1 alternative would be have legacy boards. Whether we like it or not, people are superglued to some of the legacy boards. Does Josh plan to have legacy board names used for the multiboards on 16chan, or is that just an idea being thrown around?

It's no different from the index/catalog. Except each thread might point to a different board.
It pretty much has to be done this way if you want to be serious about NNTPchan as well. Otherwise you'd have "8ch.tech" "8ch.g" "8ch.v" "2hu.v" "2hu.tech" all filling up the board list, and you'd have a shitload of choices, discussion essentially hampered by the breadth of the choice thanks to both the number of nodes you're peering with and whether user created boards are a thing.
I don't think he's working on 16chan at all, and I don't blame him. I'd rather do freelancing than work on an essentially unprofitable side project with a miniscule userbase.
But yes, that's what I think he was planning on doing. He wanted to implement category based multiboards.

Yeah, thats where the problem would probably be, because there wouldn't be a Holla Forums or whatever. They're highly attached to those board names, thats the problem.

You mean having the legacy board names being used for the multiboard only or what?

Who cares? The multiboard is the board. If they can't deal with the fact that the board names chosen by moot are used as a way to easily refer to the category the board names represented, they can stay wherever they came from.
Yes, legacy board names would refer only to the multiboard that aggregates all boards of that category/tag.
But the multiboard functionality can also be used to have an overboard to filter on sfw/nsfw boards, have your own list of favorite boards in one place, and more.

You have to understand that a "multiboard" is a subset of the "overboard." Multiboard functionality would essentialy be applying filtering functionality to the overboard, whatever you choose to filter it with. So you have the multicatalog/multiboards which can have any number of board or filtering combinations, and overcatalog/overboard which encompasses every board that it's indexing.

this could be resolved (somewhat) via NNTP's many-to-many relationship between articles and newgroups. the same article could (not just the same content, but the same message-id, replies and all) could be posted to both 8ch.tech & 2hu.tech and any replies would automatically propogate to both. i'm not sure if srndv2 supports this, but the implementation that i'm working on does

this could be done manually by the poster or automatically by "linking" the boards together. if the linking were absolute (no conditions), it would effectively make the boards the same, subverting the "us vs them"/autistic attachment mindset. it could also only be linked based off of the identity of the poster (owner, mod, tripfag/registered user, user clearnet, i2p/torrent poster)

Yeah, I'd leave that up to board owners possibly, which to link to. But also group duplicate message-ids in the overboard/multiboard?
Certainly not some pie in the sky bullshit. It's the way you want to do it when we're talking about NNTPchan. Or, at least, we're on the right track. Instead of keeping the same broken "muh pseudo free market" Holla Forums model. And of course, this would all be up to each front-end, if they want to own their Holla Forums, if they want their Holla Forums to be owned by a user, or if their Holla Forums isn't used.
But the important thing is the ability to choose your peers, and the ability for peers to share tags. Either with the message metadata, or a shared database between node owners.

Or the newsgroup metadata itself. Not sure if that's a thing.
After all, it's obscure greybeard wizard technology from the 80s.

I'm not familiar with the overboard/multiboard concept (is it all posts from any group that matches a certain tag?), but message-ids should never be duplicated, given that each peer uses unique TLDs in the message-ids that they generate. I feel like I'm missing something major here

Well, I hope thats not the majority of them then.

As for Josh implementing category based multiboards with legacy names, maybe we could bring that up on /next/ to see if he's actually willing to do that on his website. Of course, like you said in he doesn't have a lot of time for implementing multiboards. Maybe if we had more PHP monkeys to throw at the problem it could be done.

This thread slowly devolved into the same monosyllabic drooling most of half/tech/ is full of these days, so you're very likely right on the money.

To milk fat fucking lolcows like you, pissant.

I like the idea of nntpchan, but it'll never take off without repeating numbers.

At least namefags can be filtered out

This avatarfagging kike all over the board needs to fellate a shotgun

You're, too, missing my point. I don't care whether librechan has pedo boards, I didn't care when I was here, and I ultimately didn't care when endchan was proposed. The problem is not the pedo boards, the problem is that librechan is a pedo site. It is made to house pedos, and where every board is a /hebe/ satellite. It's made to push the limit of legality, while using the same software that was shitting up this place. Do they use the czaks fork? Wouldn't make that much of a difference though..

My point is, why go there when there are plentiful better options out there? If it was the only choice, yeah maybe I'd consider it, but it makes no sense going there unless you like lewd pictures over anything else. In that case, it's your personal choice, not Holla Forums's.

Also, a comparison to masterchan rather than to Holla Forums would've been more fair.

I've been saying we need to leave since my first post. Don't make this into a false dichotomy of "librechan or stay here". There are much better options.

But shit has already hit the fan repeatedly. This site has basically become Western Europe now. I had said that a big event such as the US debates or the elections could be a good catalyst for a gradual exodus, but I don't know. The site shitted the bed during E3 and the conventions and nothing happened. Sites like cytu.be are a proven obstacle to that theory, and boards like Holla Forums are very reluctant. Another ideal scenario would be Holla Forums being a mess while the administration is doing stupid shit, but that has already happened more than once this year. This makes me think that such a "good time" for a mass exodus simply doesn't exist. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try though.

He was butthurt because Holla Forums != /new/.

Imageboards are technology. The fact that Holla Forums is on a proprietary one is a rather important topic, IMHO.

You'll never take off either, it seems.

I think the easiest time to convince people to leave will be when Infinity Next has nntpchan integration. It will be so undeniably superior that it will be easier to convince at least a small portion of people to use it. Then it's just a matter of chipping away at the rest of the people which will be easier when nntpchan has a stable userbase that generates a halfway decent posting volume and content.

As it sits now, we have a bunch of pretty much dead imageboards with some decent technological advances, but nothing groundbreaking yet. nntpchan integration into an imageboard software designed to meet the current needs of imageboards is groundbreaking, it should completely change the concept of imageboards. Sadly Josh doesn't seem to have much time to develop Infinity Next. If I were working on imageboard software nntpchan integration would be at the top of my todo list because whoever provides the best nntpchan frontend the fastest will probably get the biggest exodus.

Stay butthurt

>>>Holla Forums

If good valid arguments were being made I'd be okay with it but the thread is full of Alex Jones nonsense.

I'm not a fan of the direction Holla Forums is taking and there is starting to be little difference between 4chan and Holla Forums, besides 4chan being far more active with far more boards.

ohtheirony!.png

I don't have a reaction image blank enough for how I feel.

Holla Forums was the same, if not worse, when the halfchan exodus happened

It's hosted on a fucking toaster in Romania, what did you expect?
Your computer is shit

Also if you don't want the homepage to lag because your computer is a decade old pile of shit just use some CSS to get rid of the rising sun logo

#frontpage #rising-sun::after { display: none;}

y-your mother will never take off

imageboard people care about it. If you have such contempt for them that you won't even acknowledge not having it as a weakness, that'll come across in other ways. Like that "give this post dubs" checkbox.

Figure it out. Numberless posts as a failure state are fine too.

If 20 of us go to endchan/b/, or 16 Holla Forums, .ple/b/ and make a shitpost, about fucking anything, you'll see it go up quite nicely. Instead of bitching about it being to slow for your adhd prone tastes, help out the cause.

How many times are you going to try this, Jewsh?

Go back to your furfag board

I know that a lot of those rumors may not be true, but you can't tell me Jim or his minions are trustworthy. He has a horrendous record with the credit card fiasco, the 2ch steal, the 8ch coup, making Holla Forums proprietary, the fuckery with the ads and the trackers, the bans, the VPNs and Tor, and just basically doing whatever the fuck he pleased after feeding Fred to the pigs. All of that besides being an unpleasant person all around , but I digress. You cannot trust this administration at all. If moot was a concern because he didn't care, then this fucking guy goes even beyond. It is unacceptable that Holla Forums's main site is still this one, talk about hypocrisy.

It wouldn't really surprise me if some posters were spouting disinfo just to discredit the actual concern. Remember the 4chan conspiracy theories from 2 years ago?

'Fight' me. I know, post IDs suck. I was just highlighting the irony of your off-by-one post.

This is what's been proposed. Use one or more sites as secondary (or primary and Holla Forums as secondary) so as to when 'the happening' occurs and this site inevitably shits the bed there's another one waiting with an already established userbase. That's, I would say, the most logical route to follow right now.

90% of the users here are feces, but most of 16chan is also, on par with the likes of in terms of lack of brain cells and waste of space. Where would you suggest?

16chan is based

Right now it's basically Holla Forums, though it's been getting better. Nothing some population displacement couldn't fix. NNTP is the ideal, IMO, but it might be too much for some and people may still find it kind of cumbersome. Endchan is a good third option, people give them less credit than they deserve, they were the only ones with a pretty decent setup when Fred and Josh fucked up again.

This is your worst attempt yet, Jewsh.

Obviously it's the furry next to ebolachan that I was talking about, furfag.

Jewsh pls you're embarrassing yourself

Furfag pls you are embarrassing yourself with your tech illiteracy. Go back to your furfag board where you fap the furry girls that you call monster girls so that you don't get lumped in with the furfags when in reality you are just a furfag in denial.

How to use tomorrow theme on NNTPchan? Just install it as a stylesheet? I'll use it once i figure this out

Step 1: go to 16chan
Step 2: click options
Step 3: select next-tomorrow
Step 4: wait until Josh implements nntpchan in Infinity Next

Why use a clearnet frontend instead of just browsing from tor browser? And can't you install your own frontend with a stylesheet or something? Sorry, I'm a complete newfag to nntp.

16chan *is* an onion service, and if (when) it gets nntpchan integration, it would be the world's most advanced nntpchan frontend. Well, maybe I'm exaggerating, but still, it'd be pretty cool compared to what exists now. Endchan, will have nntpchan integration too.

Some frontends (like 2hu and oniichan) have tomorrow, but I think it needs javascript enabled. Others have a dark theme by default (like chan). You can always just modify the CSS with Stylish or something though.

github.com/majestrate/nntpchan
Also, the FAQ on any frontend.

back to r/furry you go

Fuck off Josh

Learn what "shilling" means, you retarded faggot. That, and go back to your furfag-in-denial board like the poster suggests.

Infinity Next allows for a bunch of different sound file types to be uploaded with album cover art, including ogg. Its pretty neat.

Its being used right now on 16chan. When was it proven that it was shit and unsuitable for any sort of use? There was an entire Infinity Next thread with 300+ posts and nobody could prove that it shouldn't be used. Please, share with us this secret knowledge that shows whats wrong with Infinity Next.

Making 16chan more ideal for use as a bunker could help. See how many boards beyond just Holla Forums are willing to set up a board on 16chan for when Holla Forums is down, maybe some will like it and stay. Page loading times are bad, maybe Josh should get some donations going. It'd be nice if multiboard with the legacy board names got in too.

I don't think Josh has the money to put it on a better server, right now its a single core VPS

You could use 16chan.nl/boards.html in lieu of the homepage

If you want to talk about 16chan or Infinity Next on IRC, an unofficial IRC channel called #16ch has been set up on Rizon. Heres a web client for people new to IRC: kiwiirc.com/client

Why doesn't 99chan get any attention anymore?

it says "l33t h4xors" on the front page so...

archive.is/WvM0b

MODS == FAGS

Why?

probably because they want this board/site to die

HE DOES IT FOR FREE
and have some OC

Here is another of those images that compares the software.

what about swf / pdf or other file types (like db's or presentations ...) ?

There is no evidence whatsoever that logs are routinely kept for over a week. Before you post a lorenzolog or whatever, remember that those logs were copied manually.
Why?
It's fairly reliable now.
Are you sure /baphomet/ has it?

It has that, but the button doesn't show up for posts that aren't yours because the software isn't shit. Perhaps that's what caused the mistake.

there is 100s of hidden logs
Jim Permabans pedos even when they don't post images.
No it's not shitface, I can't post through TOR at all because of the hotCAPTCHA
yes when the onion link is up
well it does not work for me

The things about freedom of speech that's worry me the most is this :
8ch.net/_a/aug16.txt. the vigilance ...
While shills are real, instead of drowning them with humor, we are now handling them as serious business ...
An unpopular opinion on a board is quickly labeled as shill and prohibited form being discussed.
This post is basically opening a witch hunt on everybody who disagrees with the majority.

PDF comes under Applications, see mime.ritey.com/
endchan supports:
application/download,
application/epub+zip,
application/gzip,
application/pdf,
application/vnd.adobe.flash.movie,
application/x-7z-compressed
application/x-7z-compressed,
application/x-ape,
application/x-bzip,
application/x-bzip2,
application/x-gzip,
application/x-rar-compressed,
application/x-shockwave-flash,
application/x-tar,
application/x-unknown,
application/x-xz,
application/zip,
audio/3gpp,
audio/aac,
audio/flac,
audio/midi,
audio/mp4,
audio/mpeg,
audio/mpeg3,
audio/ogg,
audio/wav,
audio/webm,
audio/webm,
audio/x-flac,
audio/x-m4a,
audio/x-matroska,
audio/x-ms-wma,
image/bmp,
image/gif,
image/jpeg,
image/png,
text/plain,
video/3gpp,
video/avi,
video/mp4,
video/msvideo,
video/ogg,
video/quicktime,
video/webm,
video/x-flv,
video/x-matroska-3d,
video/x-matroska,
video/x-ms-wma,
video/x-ms-wmv,
video/x-msvideo,

I did not include it in other *chans because PDF uploading is disabled on 90% of the Boards and it does not work at all on infinity next and there is no zip support.

that is the end of free speech on Holla Forums, anyone who questions Jim is now a shill and will be globally permabanned.

BASED
A
S
E
D

HE IS A DATAMINING KIKE WHO SELLS YOUR USER DATA AND IS AGAINST FREE SPEECH

If banning pedos violates free speech then I don't want free speech, pedo.

It's a weird general warning, not a change to the global rules.

I'm not a pedo, I just don't think people should be permbanned for all boards just for text they posted.

Thanks I didn't know that about the mime.

Yeah, that is true, but it so undefined that it will be abused.

Board owners can use it as an excuse for rule changes, but they didn't need that excuse in the first place. Global staff is not allowed to do anything that would count as abusing it.

reminder to report namefags

Do they break the rules?

are you seriously defending namefags

I'm asking whether reporting them is useful for anything.

Sometimes the text can be a link to some website that probably has CP. Not sure what other reason there would be for banning them though when they're just posting text.

Its pretty ironic for the admin to be linking it everywhere since N.T. Technology has managed to strip away freedom and liberty from this side gradually.

I don't think anybody here cares about it since its just another Kusaba X imageboard website.

I don't see how its useful if the namefag isn't breaking the rules.

If you weren't shilling boards you wouldn't be so butthurt about people being informed about it.

See above, leftycuck

No one's "shilling" boards, Jim. And the warning wasn't about "shilling boards."
It was just a paranoiac message that belonged on Holla Forums.
Fuck off, Jim. Remember when you roll out Ronin to not store credit card numbers unencrypted and definitely don't store posts associated to the payment information like you did to the past.
This has nothing to do with left/right of the economic spectrum and everything to do with the fact that you're a kike.

yeah, no. Aside from the technical aspect, we need a chan whose owner/operator we can trust. For this, it has to be a public person and have at least some credit regarding privacy and freedom of speech.

Without this premise we can argue all day long about which board is the best but without proper ownership it's futile.

16chan.nl

Josh's main goal in life is to protect freedom of speech.

It's like setting up

$ geoiplookup 16chan.nl GeoIP Country Edition: RO, Romania

Are you fucking retarded? It isn't hosted in France. It's hosted in Romania

even worse. In France most authorities have to go through a legal process to do shit but in romania they flip like fucking tacos in the oven.

why not host it in multiple places

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Romania is one of the best countries to host in for user freedom and privacy. They have some of the best data privacy laws.

i recently made vichan/infinity nntpchan integration. this way, pl.vichan.net and 8ch.pl (soon to become vichan.net) became one of the first nntpchan clients, that aren't nntpchan themselves. we still need to implement moderation somehow for it to be usable, other than that, there are a few bugs in nntpchan code which need to be solved before we deploy it for real.

github.com/vichan-devel/infinity/commit/eaa61147ab0393ef506fc241a6264e7ebc332516
github.com/vichan-devel/infinity/commit/d5dd79d4a292c808c346d2ea6d44c43caff42c61

test boards:

pl.vichan.net/test/
8ch.pl/test/
2hu-ch.org/overchan.test-0.html

with 8ch.pl i aim for it to be the first place to do your backup board. let's say, that you run myboard.org/trains/ and you want to be extra sure that the community will have some backup place, so you (do some magic here) and you get 8ch.pl/trains/ with exactly the same content and synchronizing despite downtimes. to shut down this board, we would have to shut down both 8ch.pl/trains/ and myboard.org/trains/ boards. seeing as there will be more nntpchan nodes, around the world, in different jurisdictions, it will be impossible to shut down any given board as long as there will be at least one admin not willing to take it down. so, let's say we will become "a yet another protector of free speech and your identity" then.

also please fucking stop this AGPL shilling. i, for one, refuse to contribute to most of AGPL licensed projects just because of the license. it's not that this kind of license can't be easily circumvented (see: recent oauth efforts for outsourcing parts of this website), it's that AGPL is harmful. there are some clever uses of copyleft licenses, imo Linux with GPLv2 is one of them, but keeping some source code private when you run a website is how you can differentiate (eg. not all code i run on my websites becomes public: some becomes scrapped, some needs to be rewritten, some is temporary) - AGPL makes that hard just for the sake of ideology. by releasing my code under a MIT license, i implicitly allowed anyone to fork my code and not give anything back. if this happens to better fit their business model, so be it. in my opinion, not cooperating with the development community is a bad business decision, read the next paragraph why.

regarding this part:
>Infinity is forked from software that has a statement on its website that says the cruft has accumulated beyond repair: engine.vichan.net/
i'll have to retract that statement. we happened to overcome the biggest php issues. it's that the code needs tidying up, and that's a sizable time investment (especially considering that we have two active branches that have diverged from each other over the years and possibly in a few months we will have the third, once Holla Forums staff decides to open source the code again). for example: there is no standard of indentation. now, indenting every file would work, but now, if someone has a big private patch on that file, he will need to rewrite it (look at the previous paragraph to see who will suffer the most from that). think about eg. a year's worth of development in private :^). that's why we avoided the big style patches to date, but if vichan's not dying, we will have to do it sometime.

yeah how about your broken schema

also no one fucking cares about your opinion on agpl, autist. you can see from the fact that Jim wanted to strong-arm exclusive rights for Next, and so far refuses to release any of the real changes done to your non-copyleft codebase that it's needed.
there's these things called "git branches", you may have heard of them. it allows you to release something without mainlining it.
oy vey I can't maintain a few git branches AGPL is anuddah shoah.
that's not bypassing anything, that's just how GPL in general works. it's "arms length."
gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.en.html#GPLInProprietarySystem
there's no problem with it, as it's not tightly linked, it's an interface communicating over the network, and that interface would have to be public. of course, not API keys or anything like that. that's non-copyrightable anyways.
so he says right after he bitches about agpl which would prevent this situation, lmao

Oniichan mod here, no. It was always a darknet chan, The clearnet ones are for the sake of simplicity. Now that there is active moderation except jeff he can sleep at night. Also, if you have any questions, ask me.

[email protected]/* */

please read my message again, as i believe you missed a point. i am against maintaining the obligation of a source code release, but i think that their postponing of a release hurts their image, which in turns hurts their business. it's not that i (or other coders) can't reimplement most of those features in a finite time. i also wouldn't be angry if instead of doing a full fork, they decided to just take my changes and give nothing back (ps. it's a bad idea, you won't know about it until you happened to need to actually maintain git trees, you seriously want to upstream as much as possible).

well, it's certainly against the spirit of the license to not have a working "show source" button

>gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.en.html#GPLInProprietarySystem
what if i make a module that replaces internal calls with calls "over the network"? i heard vmware did that recently with GPLv2 and got away with it

apparently Holla Forums relies on this schema, for instance for distributing files across the servers. there are just like 3 or 4 edge cases that can be optimized out in various ways.

well, i not only tend to say why AGPL is wrong, i also tend not to use it. and you happen to use the software i made. and because i still support the software and develop new features, a marketshare of MIT licensed software in use doesn't shrink. i think this alone should make that opinion important :^)

Thats what is happening here, you can't keep Jim from making bad decisions.
Theres no guarantee that will happen. Even if it does happen, it'll likely end up closed source again at some point.
Is it more effort than simply improving Infinity Next?
Like says, you maintain a branch for the website where that code goes. Yes its public, thats the point of the AGPL. Why do you care if this code goes public anyway?

What seems obvious to me is that the AGPL would prevent this situation, and would only benefit the userbase. If the price is a little extra work for the person running the website, so be it.

Meant

i think a much more man hours went into vichan & infinity than into infinity-next, which makes it a more complete, proven and tested for bugs alternative.
i care about a date it goes public. even if it means, day after i get dollars wired to my account, or "whenever i will want to revisit the code"

i also agree that not all of the code needs to go public. some is too local, some people are using a security by obscurity scheme

those things are too important to me, even though i don't usually use them

well, let's imagine that we made vichan AGPL. now, knowing jim's (and not only his) stance on AGPL, he probably wouldn't bail out Holla Forums like he did and we wouldn't be able to afford the traffic ourselves.

it's kind of a leftist argument, that trying to force people to "act in a well defined manner" in a given society is about to ripen better fruits, than letting them be free and make their mistakes for themselves. it's like asking for more regulations (a license is nothing more than a regulation itself, the longer it gets, the more unclear and error prone it gets). it's actually, that people who are free, decide to "act in a well defined manner" (ie. share source code) because it tends to profit them.

wew

Holla Forums is like ductaped tinyboard, vichan infinity together with ron just plugging holes, while infinity next has been 1 software from the start and has no current errors exept PDF uploading.
pic related is Holla Forums.

Jim hates AGPL because he wants the softserve shekels and if people observed the code they might find malicious codes in the software or uncover some other shady info.

what you wanted to say, is that infinity-next was being written by just one person, while vichan/infinity was written by 3 people who worked more or less full time on it in various timelapses and a big number of contributors. my work was mostly glueing it up and fixing interactions between various patches. so yeah, there are styling issues, where every developer wrote things in his own ways, but other than "looking bad", i don't think it's a problem

well memed, user :^)

we're talking about your db schema
you haven't migrated to big table yet

the recent gpl lawsuit against vmware has to do with them copying parts of the linux kernel for some API I believe, and they didn't "get away with it." it's moving forward.

copying code isn't "at arms length." you're directly linking to GPL licensed code. the linking provision is the same in AGPL, which is why people who think that AGPL applies over the network or to projects hosted on the same machine are fucking retarded, and why jim is a fucking retard for saying it's "untested" when the linking provision and the obligations of copyright notice (which the "public source tree" requirement basically is) has all been tested in court.
"have a public repo available" is no different from "have a copyright notice available." they're both obligations, except autists like you flip out when it's dictated by the AGPL..

yes, i agree, that's why they're stupid.
but it's their funeral. jim is a third-world outsourcing slave driver that doesn't understand this.
not exactly. you just need a public repo. all of the code is contained within that git tree in various branches, so you've fulfilled your obligations.
there's multiple ways to monetize, and you could differentiate yourself through various customizations in a different branch.
the main problem is that Jim doesn't understand our culture. he could monetize server-side youtube-dl functionality, making it dead easy for people, or captcha bypass, and keep using softserve, for example. just because that code has to be in a public repo doesn't mean you can't make money off of it. he's just delusional.
4chan could open source everything right now and their profits wouldn't change. why? because the userbase.
our userbase isn't going anywhere unless Jim kills hotwheels fucks the corpse of hotwheels on livestream, and some people would probably cheer him on because he's "based Jim" who "fixed" the site. they're delusional about Hotwheels and Jim, despite the fact that Hotwheels hates our guts and Jim is a fucking jew.

I thought the shitty website got rid of all the normies, so you must be a shill paid by CTR !
Globally reported !

Honestly we just need something like end of 2014 - begin of 2015 ddos, bugs, spam and domain sizing in order to definitely destroy Holla Forums. I doubt that jim & codemonkey will have the energy & will that HW had in order to make the website survive.

s/files/boards/, my bad

they sort of "sandboxed" linux kernel to provide hardware driver support over their own bare metal solution. the case has been dismissed, but will be appealed: lwn.net/Articles/696764/ .

i was saying about private branches

true, there are various ways to profit, but at that time, funds were scarce and load was pretty high. it's true, that you can profit with open source software, it may be harder to with copyleft licensed code if it's your core business code that is copyleft licensed, it's not impossible tho

it's been dismissed based on evidentary concerns, not on the merits.
why does it need to be private? again, you don't have to push non-copyrightable changes to a repository like configuration data.
as for maintaining feature branches, you don't need to mainline stuff you're developing. you could have them uncommitted in your main branch and maintain them all in seperate public branches. no need to merge, you've fulfilled your obligations with agpl, and all is right with the world.
then when you've finally finished, rebase, squash, whatever and merge into mainline.

maybe you just don't know what version control is for, perhaps. either way, there's nothing stopping you from using this development model (changes on a live site) via agpl.

or even better, a seperate branch that your site runs on, that you don't push anywhere and can rewrite history of freely and without worry. you'd cherry-pick commits to the relevant features into public branches, and finally merge into master branch, and rewrite history (if you wish to do so) on your site's branch.
these are simple git development workflows.

Daily reminder that librechan and masterchan are honeypots. Daily reminder that Endchan is the best option as of now besides nntpchan. Daily reminder that chans are dead and it's time to move on to better things.

imageboards are dead, yeah.
maybe it'd be better to just focus on federated and decentralized "social" messaging networks of the future instead of something that's just going to be associated with pedophiles.

Kill yourself

wtf I hate imageboards now

Endchan is the best chan right now, by far. I like /AM/ because its so extreme.

It functions properly though, but yeah that kinda was my point.

Functions as in can handle shitposting without hacked together patches

You obviously haven't lurked here enough to know why Lynxchan is a pile of fucking garbage that will fail the same way vichan does with a decent amount of traffic

except that half of Holla Forums was developed just as "configuration data" to vichan. except that our "configuration data" supports embedded code. it's configuration data no more i guess. well, unless it called a remote server :^)

for example because of a "security-by-obscurity" scheme. there are lots of reasons. with AGPL i need to publish all my code.

Security by obscurity isn't security, and if anything encouraging it is a bad thing

that's different because that particular configuration data is copyrightable.
a random string or a hostname, for example db settings, hostnames to connect to or API keys are not copyrightable.
that shouldn't be a problem. again, none of your db hosts, passwords, or what not is required to be published with agpl. because that data is non copyrightable.

Security by obscurity is crap security, but it is security.

security by obscurity, like the name suggests, increases a security level. in this case, sometimes an early 3rd party access to code may cause bigger issues than if a supposed attacker has eg. only assembly available, or can only interface a website via web. let's suppose, that it's just a part of your security plan, and not your only security

it's not that i recommend this practice, but i assume that this may be a reason why some people don't release their sources. and it's not like i want them to make that harder, computing in general is already complicated enough

well, so i can't run private code patches on a live (public) site is the engine is AGPL.

sudo killall namefags
sudo killall tripfags

Why would it need to be private?

i think i expressed enough reasons why in the previous posts. one of them is setting a release date "at a moment i get shekels on my account", eg. doing a commission work, another one is an active use of security by obscurity practices by some groups who use that software.

if you're contracting random features with your software. just record webms and make screenshots on a dev server that's not publicly accessible showcasing the feature, and don't mainline it until you get paid.
that's not security, and they deserve to get fucked.

once again: no reason for it at all to be "private."

No it isn't. Anyone competent in security will tell you it is not security. It is a false sense of security relying on trying to hide insecurities. It doesn't mean that insecurities aren't there, it just means that hopefully no one will discover them. It's like saying your router is more secure because you turn off SSID broadcasting, or that Mac is more secure because it has less users. This isn't true in either sense, if someone wants to they will exploit your router or your Mac if you don't secure them better than relying on obscurity.

well i think you know that's kind of missing a point. we are talking politics now. should we bring more regulations to imageboard development and use or not. and we are two talking extremes. i know AGPL quite well and i know why i didn't choose that license. i'm arguing, that it's yet another regulation and as one of the parties that you are trying to regulate (i think that's what you tried), i don't agree to that. especially, that i believe that regulations are even going to cause the contrary.

let's think about another example: i secured my access point according to the latest standards. now i have a choice: to remove an SSID broadcast or not. let's suppose i remove it: am i more secure? before you say "no", think about other attack vectors and motivations than "breaking WPA2" and "i want to get into a particular user's network"

the only politics are from some faggot who REFUSES to contribute to agpl because he's a little whiny bitch.
abloo abloo my code has to have a public repo even though I already have a public repo woe is me.
you're a faggot who sits on the sideline saying that you like what copyleft provides, community contribution, but bringing up excuses like "my development workflow sucks and I can't maintain multiple git branches" or "I can't develop using a local instances for contracted features for some reason, and the people who hire me for this are so unscrupulous that they wouldn't pay for it if they recieved it before I was paid."

there's no 'regulation' there's just 'obligations.' again, it's the same idea as requiring a copyright notice on every page.

you're not, because anyone can reveal the name of the SSID using a deauth attack.

oh boy, Holla Forums is shitting the bed again. that's right, the software just needs a repo-wide reformat, nothing too serious.

i like those things you have in mind, but in my experience, they are not a result of copyleft, but cooperation. copyleft forces them, and that's bad.
i tried to get rid of that rule, unsuccessfully, at least not yet. in any case, it's a simple, well defined rule, totally unlike AGPL, which is a long document

tl;dr: the reason why i'm not spying on my users is not because i'm barred from doing that

again, you just said that you already have a public repo, so there's no problem. you're just spewing shit despite the fact that copyleft has enabled some of the richest development communities and most advanced software to be developed collaboratively, free of entities coming in and not contributing back.

you've given no real reasons for your bias against agpl except for the fact that you don't like it.
who gives a shit? it's legal boilerplate to enable copyleft enforcement. you only need to know the bare minimum, the rest is for contract lawyers and judges. the vast majority of the document is definitions, like any other contract.
then there's no problem in a repo being public other than your autistic sensibilities over copyleft.

again, the only one shitting over politics is you. you're the one that said you "REFUSED" to contribute to any AGPL project because "muh harmful" regardless of what it was. that's politics. that's not technology.

i acknowledge that there are many great GPL-based communities. but i also acknowledge, that there are many successful projects licensed under a permissive license and that people are realizing now, that it's beneficial to open source them and work with the upstream and obligation is not necessary

i think that GPL may be beneficial in some places, but it's far from a final solution for all software and quite the contrary: much of the time it scares away corporate contributors, which are important too. (a dilemma: should i invest a time to learn a technology X if i won't be able to develop proprietary software using it?)

how would you define "contributing back"? "sharing the source code tree"? i don't think it's the only way you can contribute to a project. to be honest, i would prefer a single, even short, but well formed patch, than a source code access to a repo, where most of the changes are "website name changes".

i particularly despise the GCC situation. the most important part of GNU, a piece of software without good alternatives. say how much time did it take for them to agree with stallman on licensing regarding a plugin architecture. once it was made, it was so useless, that to advance technology (by extending what is a compiler) there had to be done a full rewrite.

btw. licenses aren't technology. they are law. could we say that debating law is politics?

well, the longer it is, the more restrictive it gets

Again, the same people that would do that are partial to upstreaming. Those that aren't partial to it still have to publicize their code, and you can cherry-pick any fixes you like, or not.
If they're not stupid they're going to have site-specific changes in a seperate branch, and a master branch that they can rebase from upstream periodically.
I can draft up a multi-tome contract with a shitload of definitions that basically means "do whatever the fuck you want." Length fundamentally doesn't correlate to restrictions.

You've given no real reasons for why you "refuse" to contribute to anything AGPL other than politics. You're the one bitching about politics.

And, need I remind you, your favorite license also has obligations that need to be fulfilled. It's the same kind of deal, copyright notice, public repository, they're both obligations. The difference is that the public repository bit makes people like you sperg out.

There's no reason to reply to you anymore because you're not going to give any technical reasons on why you "REFUSE" to contribute to AGPL. You're just going to be sympathetic to fat fucks like Jim who fundamentally want exclusive rights to their very valuable "intellectual property" that his outsourced filipino slaves have worked very hard on.

You're just shitposting about "muh harmful license" despite the fact that no one fucking wants people like Jim.

i am quite interested in software licensing, having dealt with many problems they caused, i even described a possible outcome of them choosing AGPL and it happened.

Tinyboard license is not my favourite license, i said a few posts ago that i tried to get rid of that point to make it plain MIT.

Jim is yet another human whom i gave my source codes and i don't want to judge if he contributed back enough or not nor i want to base on it if he is allowed to use my code or not (actually i think he contributed much, keeping such a site up despite so many enemies is a daunting task. i don't hate him, you do).

i mentioned politics, because our exchange looks like an exchange between a far-rightist and a far-leftist and our arguments tend to be related to that. i didn't say it's wrong

also yeah, our exchange has been quite exhausting. i always get into those licensing talks with a hope that maybe i see some fresh arguments, but i saw none, mostly unneeded ad hominems. that's bad, but i'm glad to at least say some unpopular opinion aloud, at least it will make other people make their own unbiased opinion and there aren't too many people who actively say why AGPL is harmful

So does endchan and librechan.
The only different between them is an aesthetic one, of how the audio tag is included in the post.

wew
Maybe he should have invested better the 12k he got from developing Next then.

Tor, proxies and VPNs work fine in both or those, and librechan even has its own hidden service.
So even if what you're saying was accurate, it shouldn't be a problem to anyone who takes some basic security measures.

Pick one.

except your first argument was that 'agpl is all politics' and the only reason you refuse to contribute to agpl licensed projects is politics, and it was before any 'exchange' was happening.

that's the only reason you can come up with, really. free software shouldn't include the ability to take away freedom from others, without consequences.

your fundamental argument is that they should be able to do so, which is a net freedom loss.

this has nothing to do with left vs right, because free software is fundamentally capitalist. it just includes contractual obligations that don't let you take someone's invested time, improve upon it, redistribute this (serve in the case of the network) and not give back those improvements or fixes.

you would agree that you've spent a lot of time maintaining vichan. why shouldn't you be able to judge if someone didn't contribute back the very obvious changes that were made?

you sure as fuck were judging the lack of new commits on the issue tracker.

so i sense a sort of cognitive dissonance that you can't seem to reconcile, your obsession with suckless "harmful" bullshit and BSDfags cuckoldry, and your desire to get the improvements and fixes to the software that you've spent so much time maintaining where an entity just stepped in and basically gave you the cold shoulder.

and fyi, they made it harder than it needed to be. you know as well as I do that the redis solution is a superior stop-gap.
and that's what it should be, a stop-gap. because the software is in need of much more than a repo-wide reformat.
you conveniently danced around the big table issue, for example.

actually, infinity next actually tries to verify and correct mime types.
lynxchan is the equivalent of throwing shit at the wall and having it stick, as it allows fucking everything with no verification.
vichan/infinity tries, sort of, but fails very badly.

are you a NEET or something?
$12k isn't shit
And the $12k was for living expenses for a full year, working full time

You sound like Google m8

Nothing bad with AGPL the good thing is you can sue the admin/provider (like josh) if they ever put malicious code on the server that isn't in the open source repo. Since service providers cannot be trusted this is the best way to do it.

Only kikes wouldn't agree with this especially google who made a few blogs/rants and even paid news tech sites "who don't even mention linux for years" to shill about how they hate AGPL and "muh communism iz bad" but before that google were earning money stealing free GPL code cuz no one can see the backend anyway.

Did you know how much open source projects RECOMPILED WITH SPYWARE are out there? I can't even count it. Even google playstore had bunch of 'em which are carbon copy of the open source but a grotesque version with ads and bunch of analytics embedded in it. Many times they even forget to remove easter eggs hid by the real author.
GPL torrent client and browser rebrands. I remember that Torch browser data was sold to Yahoo a year ago and they'll release the people's "browsing data" anytime soon like that "AOL private searches accidental release."

If I were to choose a country I'd rather choose one with over a hundred pages of laws than that with a single page. You sure you're not a BSD shill? Sad microcuck/google employee?

Protecting someone's privacy is a common job of a good administrator because everything is stored on the cloud that is why they should care about privacy.

AGPL is more of a combination of copyleft programmer's rights and users rights. It's a win-win situation for open source community and transparency to users but not in the case of kikes.

If there was a closed source site which doesn't spy and log on its users I'd definitely use it BUT in AGPL's case it is definitely not gonna blatantly spy on you if its the real code can be audited any day.

LMAO it was owned by the /hebe/ BO and you have no idea whaty're talking about. Probably a summerfag I presume? hownew

I'm sorry you have autism user.
It's just useful to remind people that Josh got paid for something that he didn't actually deliver.
He also got offered a job which paid reasonably well, so if he doesn't have enough money to afford something other than a shitty Romanian VPS, that's no one's fault by his own.

So does it rename the extension based on that?

tbh i don't agree with most of the so called suckless ideology and i used BSD willfully just a few times in my life.

there were at least 4 different solutions to that problem. i solved it finally with advanced build and it works much better than what altengines currently provide (endchan sometimes returns you to 404 after post and some other engine I won't name is prone to DoS attacks, kind of what i hit with smart build before).

yes, i spent much time developing vichan, but i made it as a technology for everyone to use, not based on some artificial metric how much a given person contributes. as i said, there are also various non-code contributions, eg. big money lumps to pay for traffic.

you also can't say that this is a "freedom loss", because freedom isn't a thing to measure. did facebook bring us more freedom or slavery? we all know what facebook is, but social media were instrumental in overthrowing various regimes. now, with all big data, it's also a big hit against privacy. which one does prevail? i think it depends on who you are and where you live

the reason it wasn't delivered was because jim.
that and the slow as fuck captcha, along with the complication of laravel's database abstraction not supporting postgres as well as mysql. which lost josh a month in development time because 2channel switched databases they wanted to deploy to mid-development.
yes

Thanks czaks, there has actually been little change to your code. Our big changes have been adding hardware and caching with alacrity. We are also using Apache in places and nginx in others. Where either is best suited. The massive amount of traffic on Holla Forums is proof of concept for vichan.

they don't have to contribute. they just have to have a public repo. it's non-instrusive, anyone can have a public repo on github without any effort at all. literally clone the repo, branch, make changes to customize your site, push the branch to your github repo, and rebase from upstream. you'd be rebasing anyways, so it's really no effort to git push every now and then.
but I can, because it is a net freedom loss. those users don't have the freedom to fix, examine, or run the source of the website when you get these kind of situations.
the comparison with facebook is a non-comparison, but facebook being non-free doesn't give users the freedom to be in control of their data for starters.
the same thing could be done with user-friendly IRC or free social networks, if they had user saturation.

again, you're being disingenuous. you seek to move the conversation away from the very real cognitive dissonance you're experiencing. again, you were fully ready to judge the changes that were not made public on the infinity repo just a month or two ago.

also, it needs to be said that the job offer from jim that he was offered by josh included contractual obligations that would've made infinity next non-free.
and then with the job offers from Ron Hotwheels basically told Ron not to hire him after Josh was getting all pissed off he couldn't find the bottleneck and rambled about miscommunication from Ron.

this was followed by hotwheels threatening to give the remaining thousand of so dollars in user donation money, that he was ready and willing to spend on his own living expenses or hardware apparently, to StephenLynx because the shitstorm was brewing.
basically hotwheels is a little sociopath.

Lynx is jynx.
I went there when it was first shilled and it didn't even get me to last a minute before putting down the tab. Terrible meme.

Lets face it. He's not a professional and you can't expect something out of a greenhorn.
Hotwheels chose him and no one can change that decision. HW trusted josh as he knew something was gonna happen to the site the moment he let in an outsider.
Today HW got cut off and no longer the admin here. No one knows if he's still alive but I'm sure him being mad at josh is not the truth.
It's the same bullshit. Holla Forums is 2chan 2.0 the moment it was moved to (((that))) same hosting.

speak of the devil, hey jim do you want to comment on the fact that you tried to make a community funded project that people paid for non-free through an employment contract?
maybe comment on the fact that your firm was responsible for storing 50,000 credit cards, names, and CVVs unencrypted, along with months of posts associated to those credit cards?

it'd be helpful, thanks.
by the way, your site is shitting the bed during non-prime time. posts take almost 6 minutes to go through. doesn't seem like it's fixed.

No, they don't work you fucker.
On masterchan you need to create account and write all post with that account (otherwise you won't be able to upload files or create threads). Do you realize all your tor-made posts will be connected to each other? And when you were using 3 NSA tor nodes just one time, they would compromise ALL posts you ever made (they are linked to your account).
Also, having that much posts from you, they can look at dates and times, and make time correlation - check who was connected to tor on each time your posts were made.

Either way it doesn't matter at all. Jim only cares about traffic and userbase. The fact that he stole hotwheel's and hiroyukin's userbase means its going as planned.

It's gonna happen anyway. It just means its the time for a decentralized peer chan.
There's still lainchan if you want a real admin with independent codebase.

again, the only reason it wasn't used is Jim.
because he couldn't get exclusive rights to the software, he didn't want his WORLD-RENOWNED FILIPINO OUTSOURCING FIRM completing the project.

Josh fixed the database issues, which resulted from 2channel changing the database they wanted to deploy to mid development.
If the captcha had been brought to their attention earlier, I'm sure that would've been fixed.

now let's focus on Jim:
* he tried to gain exclusive rights to the software via employment contract, which other people had paid for and he hadn't paid a cent, and stormed out of a coffee shop when Josh refused employment which means everyone would've had their rights from the crowdfunding taken away
* he failed to deliver on the hardware promised for testing
* the cripple, or him, tried to emotionally blackmail an author through embarassment for a sublicense and exclusive rights. only then would he let his WORLD-RENOWNED FILIPINO OUTSOURCING FIRM finish the project.
* when the emotional blackmail failed, then comes the cleanup crew

and as far as his opinion on technical matters, he's a fuckup who borked the upload limits because he copy-pasted from stack overflow for a full day or so.
somehow he's in the software business and doesn't know what "free software" means.
i could go on, but you get the picture, especially with

you aren't right on many points.

not really, you have to own some copyrights to do that. if you own full copyright, like josh does, then you can do anything, regardless of the license

regarding spyware, it's what trademarks are for, not licenses.

and as i said, the issue of "not being able to backdoor the site" is trivial to solve legally. (btw. can putting ads on a website be considered backdooring? i think yes, but can you run a website of this size without ads? imo it's certainly a good aim to become independent of the ad networks)

i agree with you. a license doesn't change anything on that matter though. you can't keep an admin from being incompetent.

that's probably how we differ. i live in a country with an overgrown beaurocracy and the amount of laws here is making everyone sick

btw. librechan's fork contains many privacy enhancing features we didn't have time to backport all of them yet (they need a bit of cleanup).

the core patches, like alacrity integration, are something that i could benefit from, as i could be able to integrate it with my advanced build logic, which touches similar codepaths, but complements each other. there is also some "log.php ipv6 fix" i only saw referenced a few times.

the words i say don't carry the meaning stallman would have given them. freedom of data is not only freedom, there's also a freedom of communications, freedom of speech. for some people a contact with social media is a first contact with those.

you are right, that facebook is harmful, and that we should research alternatives, but i wanted to use a controversial example.

you're talking to a brick wall, he has no idea what he's talking about, and every time his enabling of credit card fraud and mishandling of people's data is brought up he leaves the thread.
but josh doesn't own full copyright. there's contributions in there, actual contributions and not just front-end shit, because people weren't as autistic as you and didn't refuse to contribute to an agpl project.

There are many public account that are shared by users there.

If you don't want to deal with the account system you can just use librechan instead since none of what you're complaining about applies to them.
To be honest, either way it would be a better option since it's FOSS, it has more features and it's more active than masterchan.

There are many public account that are shared by users there.

If you don't want to deal with the account system you can just use librechan instead since none of what you're complaining about applies to them.
To be honest, either way it would be a better option since it's FOSS, it has more features and it's more active than masterchan.

There's the problem.
Josh is part of the development and he's not supposed to be taking orders from others since his decision should also be important. The crowdfunding is made by anons not Jim so Josh's decisions should be absolute and not to be taken as "an employee jim who takes decision from master jim" which is wrong. If they only treated Josh's decisions with respect then we wouldn't have been stuck in this stalemate position.

.. this is why never trust a greedy host.
AGPL= the enemy of malicious ASP (Application Service Provider/hosting)

you know why he thinks this, right?
because he felt entitled to the software due to owning 60% of Holla Forums. didn't matter to him, he OWNS us, so you couldn't get it through his thick as fuck skull that we don't really care about his opinions.
a conflict in culture is also why everyone was fucking pissed off at them trying to force their 2channel bullshit board.

he may have done enough damage control to make Josh look like the big boogeyman, sure, but one day they'll show their true colors again.

oh, and the pitiful attempt at forcing mark as a community manager.
that was a pathetic one, jim, for the record.

Where?
What if someone start spamming hurtcore? Will the account get banned?

I am using it but I don't like that every board is /hebe/ board. While I like fucking children, I don't want do that 24/7, I also like to talk about other topics.

fuck off, faggot

I'm not the most tech savvy, so please be patient. I'm sure these things have been discussed, but I haven't taken an interest in this topic before.

I don't get it. Why don't we have a real platform for our communication yet? What's missing? We are so far with p2p. We are at level bitcoin, so why is a imageboard type system taking so long? Is it lack of interest? Is it spam? Wut?

And for running a centralized one that doesn't suck? What's required? Openness around how it runs and by who? How can we do that? I'm sure there are lots of incorruptible NEETs who wouldn't mind keeping the reigns on something like that. I'd do it, but I have no idea how.

I just want to read and post anonymous censorship-free communications. Is that too much to ask? I'm actually amazed we haven't gotten to that point yet.

Since this thread is important and almost at bump limit, here is the archive for those interested. archive.is/oqruL

1) network effects (most important)
2) decentralized spam mitigation
3) decentralized illegal content removal
josh had a neat solution for (3) that would probably work when you take into account and normalize/rotate the image by brightness, then produce a perceptual hash of the image that can be compared to other illegal images.
it's a bit computationally intensive though, I guess.
the problem with antispam is the impossible task of defining what spam is. should you only remove flooding of boards and let everyone have their own killfiles/filters?

jim whered u go i rly need answers to these questions im writing a school report on Holla Forums
plz respond

I suppose my contribution to this site means shit to you asshole.
Either way have a nice day. I certainly am.

so, no comment?

I haven't done any damage control. In spite of the hurtful things often said that are not even true around these parts. I have not made Josh a boogie man. He seems to have done that all by himself. I actually feel sorry for him. He is in a pitiful position of his own making.

Lurk more.
You will probably find some in the /nsa/ board and you can always just create a new one and post it so that there will be many people using that account.

No.

Well it looks like there are quite a few non pedo boards there that don't get too much activity because of all the people with the mentality of only going there if they want to talk about fucking children.

What about those range bans and VPN bans? I cant even post my email in the email field, for the record

I wasn't here by that time but I heard anons talking about those range IP bans.

man, that's rich.
so you get pissed off that you couldn't have exclusive rights to the software, that you hadn't paid a fucking cent for, and storm out of a coffee shop.
then hotwheels attempts to do the same thing you did, when his captcha was using entirely too many resources (that they both, admittedly, ignored by logging into their accounts) through emotional blackmail: get exclusive rights so your WORLD-RENOWNED FILIPINO OUTSOURCING FIRM could finish the project.

considering, of course, that he wasn't going to get any money to live and finish the software in the Phillipines from Ron for your stupid crowdfunding website, after the miscommunication with Hotwheels.

I assume that project is still a go? it will probably be as appealing as Shartnet(tm).

What the fuck is going on with the board list?

and by the way, Jim, you're engaging in damage control right now.

Thanks for disabling Tor images!
Thanks for limiting free speech!
Thanks for datamining users!
Thanks for getting global volunteers to quit!
Thanks for getting people to migrate to another imageboard!

Keep up the good work tiw.

spooked me too m8

If I understand what you are ranting about I would answer you. I don't know about a crowd source project. My concern with agpl is security. If I was doing damage control there wouldn't be all of these crappy exodus threads. Obviously started by you Mr. Butthurt.

And maybe you wouldn't be bleeding as much of your userbase off

let's deconstruct this:
if you're not changing your narrative, first your concerns were "intellectual property" i.e. worried people would sue you to reveal the source of something, I guess softserve?
that's not the way the agpl works. it's the same linking provision in gpl, which by the way you run plenty of gpl software.
if you're changing your narrative from your original "concerns" about someone suing you, and are actually claiming that agpl somehow makes your applications less secure, you are fucking retarded and have no clue what you're talking about.

if you were doing damage control like this user counts would fucking plummet, and fast. but good to know that you see it as an option to interfere in user boards, as if you somehow feel entitled to. because you OWN us after all.
I can't remember the last time I started a thread. but wrong again, dipshit.

you going to comment on your mishandling of 2channel payment information, and posts associated to that payment information, for over a decade or is the litigation still pending?

talk about a security blunder. that software must've been licensed agpl, I take it?

trips don't lie

putangina!

There is nothing to deconstruct conspiritard.

also I can't tell if you're actually stupid or just taking the whole "bumbling incompetent" from Hiroyuki's book.

so are you changing your concerns, or what?
originally it was "intellectual property" because you felt agpl was "legally untested."
now it's "security." is that "security of intellectual property" or "application security."

if it's "application security" then why are you running open source software? why were your machines not fucking firewalled to anything but cloudflare IPs? especially the database?

Holla Forums will soon become history.
Userbase will plummet soon enough.

"please dont question why I want to hide the fact that I datamine you"

No sir, you are mistaking me with some shill that either quoted me out of context, or said I said something that I didn't say. It doesn't matter now. I would not touch anything made by Josh at this point. Even if it was the bestest sofware in da hole world.

hotwheels is a "shill" now?
are you saying that what he said in his article, your concerns about agpl being "legally untested" is untrue?
I had to go to your shitty blog board to make sure you were actually using this trip and I wasn't being trolled.
you're really into heavy damage control territory now.
so, again, which is it? is it "security" i.e. application security? I need to know for sure so we can screencap this and have a good laugh at your expense, because you don't know what you're talking about.
why is that, because he mentioned that you said "[teens] in [some filipino cult] give the best head because they need money to go to church," speaking from personal experience apparently?

so, because there's no response, and I've given you plenty of back and forth to clarify, I'm just going to call you out for the fucking retard that you are.

if you're talking about "security" of your "intellectual property" because agpl is "legally untested":
agpl and gpl have the same linking provisions. the same interpretations that apply to gpl, "at arms length" interpretation of the free software foundation and what not, apply to agpl.
your concerns do not hold water at all. quite frankly, they're bullshit, and it just reeks of you wanting exclusive rights to the software you did not fucking pay for. which explains pretty much everything, your stupid embargo on releases of changes done to infinity, and everything else.

if your concerns are "application security" i.e. security through obscurity by not having to release any changes of improvements:
you have no idea what you are talking about. quite possibly the stupidest implications I've read on Holla Forums, and there are a lot of shitposts here.

for someone who is supposed to be in software, it looks like you got in early on porn through a loophole in Japanese laws in the 90s, failed at that, have a lot of valuable IPv4 space due to scarcity and getting in early yet generally don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

oh, and be sure not to take the grilling you've recieved out on the cripple. I know you're a big man and all, making him cry several times and screaming at him over the phone.
you slimy piece of shit.

i want jim to leave

lainchan is dank, but kalyx is a fag.

nntpchan is objectively the best alternative to Holla Forums btw.

I made the original picture to that, I'll color the boxes in properly 4u in a couple mins.

Masterchan is a complete honeypot but librechan is not. You just blindly think it is a honeypot because of the pedos, the site is completely open source and free and it has many pro-Privacy features such as deleting IP data in less than a week.
Endchan will be a PART of NNTPchan soon.

No.

You are the asshole here Jimbo.

Librechan encourages users to use Tor, proxies and VPN but Mastercuck (tm) bans most VPNs.

top fucking kek

On June 1st Jim Banned all VPN services, never forget.

You clearly don't like AGPL because then you would have to open source the software and then you could not make your softserve shekels.

this.

daily reminder

twitter.com/ampernand/status/765945238443663360

Yes you are the winner. Congratulations on that. I can't compete with you. You are based at the shit posting. Have a drink on me.

Yes I was just leaving. I only commented here to let Czaks know his software works very well, and we are completely satisfied with the results. I could not imagine anyone taking other image board software seriously.

you know all it would take would be honest about your motiviations.

the posts in questions aren't shitposts. I could've just called you a fucking retard and left it at that. instead, I gave you plenty of time to clarify what you meant, but at this point it's obvious that I'm right.

it's not about "security" of "intellectual property" because, fundamentally, the same linking provisions that are in gpl are in agpl. it's not about "application security" because that's fucking retarded, the license, or open publication, of a piece of software has nothing to do with its fundamental net insecurity or security choices.

it's about exclusive rights. you wanted exclusive rights to Next, couldn't get them, and shit your pants like a toddler.
just like you have some stupid embargo on releasing changes to infinity.
that's right, it works so well yet you can't bother to release the changes because you have exclusive rights to it, no one else can see or use the changes because you're a fat fuck kike. the same fat fuck kike who was irresponsible in storing the data of 50,000 of your users on 2channel.

by the way, good job "fixing" the website. response times are almost 10+ seconds with a cold cache. this site is now slower than infinity next on a single core VPS on initial load.

oh, and this post also took almost five minutes to go through.
so, again, the software isn't working well.

are you posting from tor? its configured to be slow.

no, their media servers were shitting the bed for two days previous, along with the posting server.
i imagine that they have no idea how to be alerted when response times spike because they have no monitoring, no infrastructure automation, and their database and web servers probably aren't firewalled to the outside world yet properly.

Jim has the balls to pretend that his WORLD-RENOWNED FILIPINO OUTSOURCING FIRM is actually competent at all, when they produced software that leaked 50,000 people's credit card information, and months of deanonymized posts made by them, and whose only other notable site at the moment that they're running is a shitty internet radio service called Shartnet.

the only reason we aren't using Next is because he's a stupid kike who shit his pants when he couldn't get exclusive rights to the software.

it's that simple. when you look at his deflection in this thread it becomes obvious.