THE OATHBREAKER PROJECT

Greetings Holla Forums

I am a programmer with over 10 years of experience, I develop applications for mobile and PC and have worked with most major programming languages. Like everyone else in this field, I spend a lot of time thinking about the evolution of technology, and how it guides society's development as a whole. 

In the past decade, humanity has experienced many sweeping positive changes due to the emergence of social media. It was the first time that we could have a near real-time picture of what was actually happening in the world, from ordinary citizens. With livestreaming starting to reach the mainstream, we are effectively beginning to see ourselves as who we really are, instead of a platonic ideal of what the MSM narrative is feeding us in any current year.

Unfortunately, in recent times the flaws of mainstream social media sites such as Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter are becoming plainly visible — and we have reached the point where an alternative is needed to address these issues. Over the past year I have been developing the concept for an open source project that will combine the positive aspects of what currently exists while addressing these flaws. I would like to create a free, distributed social network that allows the user to switch between public and private (anonymous) profiles, with a built-in cryptocurrency microtransaction system.

There have been many attempts to create similar kinds of software, and there are some in progress — but these projects have either failed, or are being created by for-profit companies. I have yet to discover anything that I think has the "perfect combination" of already existing and emerging technologies which addresses the current needs of society while addressing the flaws of what is currently mainstream. 

ITT I will try to explain why the need exists for such software and provide a general outline of what can be done to address these needs. I would also like to ask for your help and advice for accomplishing this goal.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/theemmanuella/oathbreaker/blob/master/README.md
github.com/theemmanuella/oathbreaker/
twister.net.co/
github.com/ipfs
repo.or.cz/oathbreaker.git
minds.com/
pastebin.com/raw/UWffBQbn:
alt19.co/
matrix.org/
youtu.be/AO9KRw82peQ
code.google.com/archive/p/prpltwtr/source/default/source
github.com/tokumeico/tokumei
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_software_and_protocols_for_distributed_social_networking
toktok.github.io/
8ch.net/pol/res/7339374.html
joindiaspora.com/
tokumei.co/hosting/
morph.is/v0.8/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

[[[BACKGROUND]]]

When I first was introduced to Facebook, I had a severe existential crisis. It was the first time in human history where people's private lives were recorded and shared publicly, and most people are still painfully unaware of the implications of having their every thought stored on someone's hard drive, somewhere, forever. The degree to which people were willing to share even the most intimate parts of themselves varied from person to person, but as a result we saw a culture of people arise (especially millenials) treating social media as their personal diaries and/or PR outlets — turning people into their own brands, shilling for a new universal currency — popularity. Everyone became a "publisher", privacy became "dead", and people became a slave to the "like". There was no way to stop it — that's just how it was given the current state of the available software at the time.

As Assange said during the early years of social media, "Facebook is the most appalling spying machine that has ever been invented". With the NSA leaks, these fears were completely justified and vindicated. However, most people didn't seem to care, since "that's just the way it is", or they had "nothing to hide". Maybe some oldfags will remember a crazy person posting about a project called "OPERATION FACEPAINT", wherein a script could be used to take people's facebook photos and apply a "jizz filter" to them (a.k.a. facepainting) — a vulgar and artistic troll designed to illustrate the fact that once your photo is online, EVERYONE has access to them (and consequently, a small portion of these people will have inevitably fapped to them). It was meant to be an edgy statement on how society as a whole took privacy for granted because of the current software's failure to address these concerns. I was put in the mental hospital before this project could begin — I was overworked and burned out from a shitty underpaid programming job that caused me to have some bizarre experiences that was triggered by my severe paranoia of the "all seeing eye" that I regarded facebook as at the time. 

Several years have passed and we have seen a disturbing trend emerge on these websites; government-sanctioned censorship, purity spiralling and virtue signalling. Reality according to Facebook has become subjective, morally relativistic, and anti-truth. At this point, Facebook is a conformity machine effectively ball-gagging society — it has become the global "Keeping Up With The Jones's" style competition of who can be the most tolerant, most progressive, most virtuous figure out of their group of friends. This is primarily due to the fact that Facebook forces people's accounts to be associated with their real-life identities. As a result, people are unwilling to publish what they really think. Inconvenient truths, critical thought and controversial opinions are left by the wayside due to the very real fear of repercussions by some authority, whether it be from some government entity or the PC thought police. It is no question that the SJW movement is a direct result of this aspect of the major social media websites. What's worse is that what is promoted as "news" on these websites is extremely filtered and has a very clear bias because these large corporations are locked into this spiral as well.

The Ministry of Love is very real, and it exists online. 

[[[ANONYMITY AND IMAGEBOARD CULTURE]]]

If I have learned anything from browsing the chans for the past twelve or so years, it's that anonymity has been the most effective tool for community organization and free speech ever created. It's why the chans have been able to accomplish such impressive tasks that would be impossible anywhere else, creating a hivemind that combines the skills and expertise of all of it's users. Anonymity is also the reason why imageboards are effectively immune to shilling and divide and conquer tactics. By nature, opinions that hold no weight are filtered and disregarded, while useful ideas from the smartest and most thoughtful anons gain the most traction. It is the purest form of critical debate and discourse, without any cultural bias. It is a self-correcting democratic system powered by reason and evidence. Individual users on the chans may come from any background or walk of life, but being anonymous allows for all ideas to be examined and disseminated in a way that the net result is a cohesive combination of all positive aspects that will work for the larger community as a whole. It is the best source of information on an unlimited number of topics, combining the brain power of an potentially unlimited amount of users.

The reason why this is important is becasue up until now humanity has been playing the game of "picking sides," if you're on one team, you're battling another. If you subscribe to one political idealogy, or religious belief system, you are against another. At the same time as soon as you join any group you associate yourself with the weakest, least intelligent, and most radical members of that group; even if you don't agree 100% with the tenants of that particular idealogy. This is particularly dangerous because even though most centralized belief systems will contain confluences with other beliefs at their core (i.e. the Golden Rule), the "pick a side" nature will always pit people against each other in a battle for total supremacy. The best example of this is with the "radical extremists" of any major religion. The "extremists" are actually the most literal and true followers, while moderates may have more elasticity in their beliefs and inject other beiefs from opposing groups. Even though moderates may say that the radicals are "not true followers of (x)" it's actually the opposite that is true. At the same time, they get lumped into the same label and are again sadly are associated with the most evil members of the group. It is a binary YES or NO switch that fuels the basis of the divide and conquer currently enslaving us today.

[[[THE OATHBREAKER PROJECT]]]

What I appreciate about the Oathbreaker (a.k.a. autistic meme circles) is that it recognizes the "pick a side" nature of the centralization of ideas. What it illustrates is that nearly every idealogy that exists contains confluence, and you don't necessarily have to be part of one group or another to believe Golden Rule ideals that should be obvious for any human being. The internet has taught us that we are not bound to one way of thinking or another, and at our core human beings essentially want the same thing — to live in peace and prosperity. People are not ideas, and people can change their minds about ideas at any time. It's hilarious to me that every time the oathbreaker appears in a thread it's heavily shilled against, and nearly every time we get someone who takes this super seriously and is quite intent on "restoring the oaths". Who do you think benefits from keeping us in the divide and conquer? Desperate establishment climbers who want to follow the rules and keep the population in check.

Software doesn't work that way. There is always a workaround, and we need to start thinking of our ideas on a floating point spectrum, instead of the YES or NO black and white that has kept humanity divided and has caused so much suffering.

The philosophy behind the OATHBREAKER project is to create a social media website that combines the useful aspects of the mainstream sites with the anonymous nature of imageboards. A platform free of censorship — where you can choose to publish what you would like under your real name, while having an anonymous option for unbiased debate (and of course, shitposting). It will be a decentralized platform, using blockchain technology. At the same time, the support for users to pay each other with Bitcoin or Ether will be a fundamental aspect of the system. I believe this combination will allow for decentralized community organization and foster a global economy outside of the central banks. We will be able to skip the middleman of policymaking and the banks and allow us for once be able to govern ourselves. It will truly be power to the people, and not the false promise of this sanctioned by any massive state power.

I need your help. I am only one person, and I don't want to create this for profit. As more and more of our voices are being silenced on the mainstream websites, I believe this should be a universal tool that should be available for everyone. I believe through our combined efforts we will be able to create a self-evolving platform that meets the needs of society as a whole, at any given time. I created this thread to ask for advice on how to begin.

The best part is, all of the ingredients for this kind of system already exists. It should be relatively trivial for us to implement if we put our heads together.

SAT NAM.
The internet has no identity.
It was created to reveal the truth.
INFORMATION IS MEANT TO BE FREE!

tl;dr is anyone interested in helping me build a distributed, secure, anti-censorship, Twitter alternative that allows for anonymous shitposting and a way for us to pay each other?

Maximum Love,

~ e m m a n u e l l a ~

Good shit oathbro. Show us what you've got so far.

is there a website or mailing list I can keep checking for updates on oathbreaker

So far, just this idea. I'm posting here for advice because I know there's a bunch of shit that already exists that we essentially just need to glue together. I also have no experience running open source projects so I need help on that end too.

At the most basic level we would just need to find a twitter clone, allow support for anonymous posting, and bitcoin payments.

The distributed aspect of it I need to study more, I've installed Freenet and it seems like a pretty good place to start.

bitcoin is immoral

Not so far, but if you like I could create a board on here.

#oathbreaker on i2p urc (IRC clone)

great idea, make an irc too

hopefully we can get sftp bro involved too

Just joined #oathbreaker on rizon.

Pretty good Emmanuella. Lots of people are thinking the same thing right now - thinking ahead to next generation systems. It is obvious that we need better, and we can probably do it. The primary two problems that I personally want to solve are:

1. Jewish-controlled companies sensor us on mainstream systems. If they want to create news websites full of lies that's fine, but they should not have the ability to censor how we communicate with each other and the world when we choose to.

2. "Non-mainstream" systems (like the chans for example) are centralized and can be raided by governments, shut down, or fall into disrepair by tired/lazy/apathetic owners.

3. The freedom to remain truly anonymous while communicating with large groups of people is disappearing from the internet.

In particular, my friends and I have had a few technical brainstorming sessions around the idea of distributed chans. Specifically, we were thinking along the lines of blockchains and torrents. I know we are not the only people thinking about this, and some people have already built things (nntpchan comes to mind).

I'm an oldfag myself, and these times right now remind me of earlier days on the internet, right around the turn of the century. There is a certain feeling in the air. We have a bunch of building blocks (specific tech) and nobody is quite sure how to fit it all together. But there are tons of people thinking about it in parallel. More recently Bitcoin has proven that we can reliably distribute something as important as money, so I personally took some inspiration from that. I also take inspiration from how the internet is currently blowing the fuck out of big media and governments in general. Lies are being exposed. News travels faster than the jews can suppress and modify it.

The internet is bad news for liars. This is going to get exciting.

That's exactly what I had envisioned — I just was not sure where to begin. It took me a year to hash out this kind of idea in my head.

Also as I said before, I have no experience with open source projects, but I made an empty github that just has a README containing the OP — github.com/theemmanuella/oathbreaker/blob/master/README.md

I'm willing to learn and contribute in any way I can!

oops wrong link
github.com/theemmanuella/oathbreaker/

use notabug or gitlab instead of github

Please keep up the good work. I believe you can do it (with the help of others of course). I can't help with funding because I am a poorfag (typing from 2007-tier desktop with CRT atm), but I can help with the backend. Have you establishes what language(s) you will use?

I'm going to sleep now. Please keep the thread up anons.

those names are new to me but thanks for letting me know about them, I'll look into it and create a separate project there.

I'm also a poorfag underemployed freelancer on disability for phantom pains all over my body (kundalini syndrome aka (((schizophrenia)))... I don't know what I would do with d'nations to an open source project but I would feel unethical taking people's money to help me get out of my credit card debt.

Which one do you think would be better in your opinion?

stereotypical bunch of aggrandised wank with a logo, no code and a whole lot of blatant samefagging

I didn't want to start a project without doing any research and getting advice from people who know more about this than me, so that's the purpose of this initial post.

these threads get posted almost every week. So much for research

So far c++ seems like a good option.

I have been playing with openFrameworks for the UI which will allow for cross-platform deployment —

As far as everything else goes, I have been made aware of these projects —

Twister (P2P microblogging platform) twister.net.co/
ipfs (a new hypermedia distribution protocol) github.com/ipfs
nntpchan as pointed out earlier

repo.or.cz

the medicated jew ?

ignore posts like this, don't even respond to them

agreed, best choice

Yes, but I was on medication before (a bunch), and they make absolutely no difference. What's actually going on with me is closer to epilepsy but since I smoked weed for a while the (((doctors))) don't want to consider this possibility.

looking into it.

How decentralized do you want this? Involving a blockchain is overkill. Take a look at GNU Social. Lots of nodes that appear like typical websites and gather content from all other nodes. That's easier to create and has a much lower entry barrier for users. If you're worried about censorship and anonymity you can put nodes on existing networks like i2p and Tor instead of reinventing the wheel.

You're too ambitious. You can make this a lot simpler without making it less powerful.

It's not a huge huge requirement, but the idea was to be able to run it on any device without the need for a central server – since I'm not a big corporation or anything.

I think the most important things would be the private/public profiles and payment system.

I'm willing to put in as much work coding and learning as anyone else but up until now I was developing the idea.

I'm a fairly competent programmer but I will admit this kind of software will be a big departure from what I usually do.

I know it probably looks bad not having anything implemented but the main purpose of this thread was to get advice on how to begin a project like this — you have to start somewhere.

project can be found here:
repo.or.cz/oathbreaker.git

it may be best to build a flimsy prototype first so many of the initial design decisions can be mostly solidified before everyone and their dog has a say in it

That's a good idea. I am going on a road-trip with two filmmakers across the country in the next couple of weeks, so who knows how much time I will be able to spend on this — but I will be able to sketch something out since we will be driving for long hours.

minds.com/

Might make a good base. It has amazing shitposting potential too, as it features a system that allows you to "boost" your posts, causing it to appear on random feeds.

Kill yourself

I know about minds,

I forget why I wasn't totally satisfied with this at first glance, but looking at it again it seems like they have accomplished everything I have outlined above.... so....

oh right. It seems there's no public/private option. There's another project called synereo which gives you the option of an unlimited number of identities, but the way they marketed their site was basically for people shilling for "attention" points.

oh look the namefag. hidden
polite sage for irrelevant

The following is a random keyword the nsa monitors via pastebin.com/raw/UWffBQbn: charcoal

shut the fuck up, stal

YOUR OATHS ARE NOW RESTORED

have a nice, autismo memes free evening

Bump

So gotta be honest fam — was a little discouraged after taking a look at minds.com, but after taking a hard look at it it seems like they are missing the public/private posting option.

This one can't be ignored in my opinion because this is the element that causes people to become their own brands and self-censor via virtue signalling.

alt19.co/ is another one I found being promoted on /r/The_Donald but it has the same problem even though it touts itself as the "anti-censorship" soc network.

If we were to do something ideally we should keep it as minimal as possible, thats why I use Twitter as an example because I think it's the most popular and most efficient one being used right now, partially because it's so minimal.

I'm gonna be making some sketches of a possible design today —

(also not namefagging since that seems to strike a nerve with some people).

Why would I post on any social media with my real name? If I want to publish something nonymously, I'd do it on through my own channels and not through any social network. It just seems redundant.

onymously*

keep reading, the negative changes are outlined too. Soc media is a sidegrade, it brought a lot of good things to the world, but also a lot of shitty things as a side effect of the limitations of the software at the time.

you are not the normies user :)

Personally I have seen a drop in political discussion on my fb feed by my normie friends because the cognitive dissonance between the left and the right is so high.

Right now most Trump supporters are "in the closet" on fb just because they are afraid of negative backlash. If you could choose to post under an user name you could get some legitimate discussion and not people worrying about what they're posting.

==YOUR FORCED MEME IS SHIT AND YOU USE FUCKING JEWGLE MAIL=

Valid criticisms on both points. The meme is definitely forced but I find the idea it represents interesting.

As for the e-mail account, it was dumb to put that in the field in the first place (and I barely use that e-mail anyway), going to switch to something else.

why

OP is more proof that Holla Forums is just a bunch of dumbfuck redditors.

That post was talking about the social network alt19.co. Where this site was found is irrelevant.

see

If you have any valid criticisms of the idea itself (and that's just what this is at this point — an idea), please let me know. That's what this thread is for.

Of course it's not relevant, I'm just confused about why you'd visit that place.

there are a few worthwhile subs for niche interests (music subgenres I'm into, and posting my own tracks) but in general I agree that 90% of that site is purely watered down, censored trash.

I try to avoid the site as much as I can these days. It's usually just a frustrating experience. Most of the time I spend there is from following links posted on 8ch.

So so far people have suggested using matrix.org/ as a backend.

I'm thinking of using openFrameworks for the frontend for the PC and mobile apps — it's multiplatform and written in c++.

Thoughts?

USENET really is the answer. The only features it's missing are:
This is what killed USENET as an actual discussion venue rather than a Napster ripoff in the 2000s, just some kind of simple CAPTCHA could've saved it.
Even if Google hadn't completely scrambled Deja/Groups, accessing stuff through web browsers sucks compared to one's client of choice.

these are becoming suspiciously common here

Probably because it triggers retards like you
and since Holla Forums is a Trump circlejerk, and the OP mentioned his favorite trump subreddit, it fits

Pretty sure it's just one butthurt bernout who's on here 24/7 just waiting for every opportunity to be as big of a faggot as possible.

Because we need to make it clear that you people aren't wanted. Holla Forums has been going down hill ever since you retarded hill billies came here touting your senile orange idiot as your new fuhrer.
Go back to where you belong >>>Holla Forums

the whole purpose of this project is anti divide and conquer picking one side or another

if you read the OP you'll notice that the language is meant to be as neutral as possible.

Maybe mentioning /r/The_Donald was a mistake, but so is automatically assuming that I'm part of one circlejerk or another.

On which boards? I never see any.

Fuck off shill

you're not looking hard enough :)

Believe it or not, but I don't go looking for Reddit links.

I found 18 Reddit links in my personal archive of ~40,000 posts.

You're hoarding all the fucking posts?

So I guess you don't like how he's decimated political correctness.
He's brash and a little loose, but that's what makes him good. PC is killing our society.

Jesus Christ man.

Yes, with a 50-line shell script and a cron job.

What a (((coincidence))).

Are there any languages that aren't compromised by corporate connections?

If you want to protect data, what is the best language to use?

double obfuscated at&t assembly

you are projecting

why whats wrong with python.

Holla Forums detected, post discarded.

Reported.

Start with making a youtube-like site based on IPFS. Alternatively make the interface similar to a torrent tracker. As long as it makes searching for content on IPFS easy!

You know that is not true. Bots do exist and post, shills do exist and post, and sometimes it works.
Debatable.

Also, culture is important. In a way thinking like this is your own cultural bias.

Under no circumstance this is a democratic system (who chose the mods?).I dont think democratic system is the answer either.

We have seen examples of severe failure to user freedom lots of *chans .
However,I agree on the last part. Humanity has always been picking sides. Its the terrible way of a poisonous society.
But I think most of the things you mention of imageboard culture is bullshit. And make an imageboard for the things.

Now about your last post:
You cant just assume where your starting point is. Well, think about starting your program with variables already initialized. That is economy for you. Whatever you do, there are economical implications in having your own "global economy" as is already inside the economy (you would need to buy cryptocurrency with your own currency) .

Now, dont get me wrong, I agree with you in that social media nowadays is utter bullshit, and basically your whole first post. We should create a better decentralized social media, but memes are not the answer, nor is that stupid philosophy.
Think about what you are saying for a second, it has political and social implications. How the fuck can the people be free If bast majority of people IS influenced and used by the media.
The problem goes way further than that.

Also, that social media you would created could be attacked (by what you say "massive state power" [[as it couldn't be a private source]]) at any time, even if it is a decentralized community.

I downloaded ipfs but have yet to try it out— some people working on nntpchan were saying it was too slow to do what I'm trying to achieve but I can only really try it and see for myself.

I appreciate thoughtful, critical posts like this one that don't resort to personal attacks, especially as I am roughing out the idea. Thanks for your input!

Originally when I started thinking about this project I wanted to figure out some sort of data visualization of values and beliefs held by people around the world using some sort of simple polling system on a variety of topics.

I supposed that a lot of centralized belief structures would contain a lot of confluence, and people would also self-examine what they actually believe versus what their subscribed group says they believe. We would see (I assume) that golden rules and virtues would emerge and people would maybe understand more the divide and conquer nature that we've evolved with up until the Internet age.

In any case looking back at the OP I may have reached some conclusions and made some wild assumptions that I'm willing to look back on and modify— I'm always learning and I guess it would be nice if other people were more willing to admit their mistakes and learn from them instead of dogmatically putting themselves in one box or another. My writing style tends to be a bit exaggerated and purposely charismatic as well— just to get people's attention.

At its core I think a social media site with self-correcting hive mind quality given by anonymity and a way to pay each other over the network would be a good start in the right direction, not to say that this will ever take off right away, but as an alternative that gains usefulness over time as the kinks are roughed out. It's all about convenience of next generation systems versus what's currently in place.

A trend I've noticed with apps coming out is "killing the middleman", like we've seen with AirBnB, Uber and Silk Road and others, and I suppose I had this idea with this project as well.

Before I ever had heard of the oath breaker meme I thought of what it would be like if everyone in the world was treated as a sovereign government entity, or self-governance, based on collaboration with other people on the network — decentralized power as opposed to the highly inefficient systems that are currently in place.

(In b4 muh sovereign citizen AM I BEING DETAINED)

I agree culture is important, but culture should continuously improve and evolve and not be boxed in some static set of ideals.

I personally don't really see oath breaker as a meme but more or less an interesting concept for discussion. I don't think it really meets the base requirements for a meme anyway. The flower of life is another symbol that's not really a meme but it does represent an idea for discussion — it might be a better universalist symbol to use as well.

The best thing I think to focus on now is the software itself instead of lofty ideals and philosophies — especially in these early stages. It's going to be a bit hard for me to collab in the next little while because I don't have Internet access where I am unless I go to a cafe.

Already working on a prototype, will post back here when I have something to present :)

I don't really see the need for this to be honest. In the end all the spying is voluntary. I used to have facebook, never posted important shit on it. If you don't recognize my face or my name you probably (aside from asking my friends) couldn't even find me because I just don't list that shit on the internet.

These days I just hate faceberg so I'm not on it anymore.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: I don't see the point of this. If you don't want people to know, don't tell them. No matter what measures a site takes to keep stuff private, you should never depend on it because mistakes will be made, leaks will happen, NSA will turn bugs into backdoors, etc.

And you can fix all the privacy issues really easily: just don't post shit you don't want online.

You are not wrong, but I think we might be talking about two different things — anonymity =/= privacy.

Of course if people want privacy, don't post private things online.

However, the point of anonymity is to be able to post things that you normally wouldn't under your real name— i.e. Shitposting.

OW THE EDGE

seriously, at this point I can't tell if people get this butt tingled because it's a shitty forced meme, or they're shilling against the underlying idea behind it.

twister.net.co/

glad I ignored this for long enough for someone to tldr it

thread filtered

I used to have to go through emails for a company, and this whole thing reads like the emails we used to get en masse from India from people trying to sell us their web services.

Undefined Behaviour is unacceptable for security-critical software.
History didn't teach you anything, it seems.

good point

simply epic

bump

For those of you that don't know what oathbreaker is, here is an explanation.
youtu.be/AO9KRw82peQ

sup I thought of a proxy loader and I really really like the oathbreaker please consider bringing this to endchan.

/os/ would get a kick out of this I am not just a one gu there are others who see why oaths are bad.

Yes! YES!

Op what your looking at is a webm sort of immersion somehing to relax you like a melody and oaths are null and void thus the void it will need no submit promt/ You must consider the SUBMIT and bullshit small print. Nope thats all gone its a sandbox of agreement.

>Golden Rule ideals

How much is this project going to cost

You're fucked, especially if you have mental health issues.
I'm not exactly sure how to explain a good structure to uphold to right now, but I'll come back to it, I'll reply to this with the name "relpy". If I don't get around to it, the most crucial tip I can give you is have a vision statement, slap this shit to every coder / monkey you've got working for you and constantly question whether or not it's building towards the vision.

the aim of the "this is divide and conquer shilling" shitposting is to march idiots into Holla Forums like you're the PLA in Tibet.

Holla Forums was never Holla Forums and you've only gained traction and influence by slaughtering the UIP and PPH of Holla Forums: we've gone from 2500 anons down to 300.

So thanks for reuniting Holla Forums Holla Forums.

This. Holla Forums has ruined 8ch Holla Forums. I rarely come here anymore because of the Holla Forums spam. Every time anyone tries to start a thread about anything new or exciting, the idiots invade the thread with posts about how this new thing is definitely shit because it's,

made by a woman
made by someone with liberal political views
made by a jew
made by etcetc

Every time someone starts a thread about politics related to Holla Forums,

it's all psy-ops shilling from the jews!
it's liberal cuck propaganda!
it's dindu propaganda to brainwash white women to worship black cock!
etcetc

I wouldn't mind them as much if they would only be rational in their approach to pushing their agenda. But they're not. They spam the same echo-chamber memes over and over again. They spam their info-graphics. They triumphantly "call out" anyone who doesn't agree with them as paid shills, jews, black cock lovers.

It. Is. So. Very. Tiring.

They ostensibly stand for freedom of expression and all that, but the result of their "tactics" is always the same: They drive off anyone who doesn't agree with them because they're so obnoxious and unwilling to not seize every single opportunity to talk about their ideology. Most people used to come here to talk about and discuss technology. But when they were met with nothing but a constant barrage of "Shill! Cuck! Liberal! Dindu! Jew!" they just, like me, ended up leaving because it's not worth it.

I've begun hanging out on libchan instead because, as fucked up as it sounds, I prefer the company of pedophiles to Holla Forums. At least with child molesters you still have diversity of opinion and occasional rational discourse as opposed to the endless tirade of inbred nonsense and paranoia of Holla Forums.

GO BACK TO LIBCHAN THEN CUCK

Nice blogpost you flabby infantile jelly

Enjoy your echochamber run by a money-grubbing, data-mining obese retard.

No, Redditor newfags like you are what ruined Holla Forums.

No, Holla Forums ruined Holla Forums

pidgin x code.google.com/archive/p/prpltwtr/source/default/source x twister-p2p = killerapp

OP You need to understand it has to essentially be antimasonic in that there needs no gatekeepers or people to censor you as well as a platform to interact anonymously for the danger of doing so. his site is owned by a Freemason they ruined Holla Forums with kek and Trump this is the logo of chansonry so do not think this can just be your logo for your app this is an actual counterculture.

What does the green circle thing mean anyway?

Ok first of all you need to axe the cryptocurrency aspect immediatly you will not profit from the oathbreaker. Secondly this is not "kek" or an exuse to meme you see pig faced masons kill people continually and call them suicides this is not a little game also your email smells like mason so you do not heave to change your name or anything but its the current year no mason will try and commercialize thee oathbreaker. The knights templar created modern banking so currency is masonic I do not think you understand how hard we are fucked by masons and kikes but let me tell you there will be rammifications if you do not stop promigulating a currency wich is a method of exchange based on inquety aka masonic.

confronting traitors with the message that now they have seen that circle now they can stop acting like the time they swore to never reveal what they do in buildings without windows with a knife to their chest was legitimate or more legitimate than the circle basically it adresses the fact that fraternal nepotism is not a must but a choice.

Is this Mark V. Shaney?

No but they call me masonigger I am probibly the 2nd highest authority on the oathbreaker aside from the person who created it.

If you could spoof the handshake protocol or the good old boy network then now we are really looking at anonymity

What a great kek

or russia could spread it's pro-trump spam to facebook and without attribution nobody would know. the trump brand would be further associated with anonymous hecklers and cowards on the internet.

what's to say pro-trump Russian spammers aren't here too?

What was that about Trump again
? The freemason who had a masonic show called the apprentice and now is the masonic canidate for the masonic GOP in the masonic election for the masonic presidency? Did you know the anti masonic party was the first 3rd party? How can we bring this to the tech game? What can ruin silicon vally? Whatever is masonic now looking at "Oracle" "sun Microsystems" and CISCO's logo (Masonic ruler markings) You do not have to reinvent the wheel just take off all of the masonic bloat protocols.

I made some 'concept art' on what oathbreaker might look like.

(continued)
Okay, so I have an Idea of what oathbreaker can be like.
With what you are aiming for, I think you will end up with something that looks similar to reddit or voat, but without the need of being a registered user and having facilities like realtime chat. The twitter-like microblogging facility you described would appear as the user's feed consisting of users which have been followed. The user should also be able to view the public posts of other users from their profiles.

First of all, we cannot trust ourselves over free speech and censorship , as we have seen this before with gnusocial and alt.co (as pointed out earlier in the thread). Hence we need a P2P based system to implement this platform as it is almost impossible to delete data which has been spread through hundreds of computers.

Secondly, to establish identity of users and distribute messages between users , we can use something similar to what Bitmessage (a P2P messaging platform) uses, i.e. have a public key and an alphanumeric for each user, which can be used to send messages which can be only be read by the receiver. Bitmessage also has a feature known as a channel which allows messages to be fetched and viewed by the channel subscribers. Its like a mailing list.
Each user will have a file assigned to them, which will contain metadata about the posts that they have made and other options. These will be used by the client to aggregate data related to the user, and present it.

Now, you can incorporate systems similar to what I described earlier to build an imageboard-like interface like I described in the first paragraph. You can use IPFS as a method for storing media and data and a client as a system to operate on it.

go to bed Terry Davis

Hhahaha holy shit I was without internet for a few days and I assumed this thread would have died

Anyways I don't even know where to start tbh fam.

First off I'll say I actually don't have mental health issues, what I have is closer to epilepsy but the doctors don't want to recognize this because of my past issues and past cannabis use. I don't smoke anymore and its made a huge difference in my ability to get work done and function as an adult.

I was only suggesting c++ for the front end as I have some experience using openFrameworks.cc and I know it's multiplatform.

For the backend I'm seriously considering matrix.org because it seems to be able to do everything we need out of the box.

Thank you for your concern. I'll keep what you said in mind.

Thanks for contributing — if you can you should try out the matrix.org demo projects — I'm going to probably work on a mockup for a profile page tomorrow.

Yeah, this is what I had in mind as well. I was kind of wrestling with how to deal with illegal shit but I guess the most logical answer would just be — don't.

I described this project to a friend of mind as the silk road for everything, not just illegal shit. But let's get the basics out of the way before getting too ambitious.

CIA nigger

I have a SETI, nigger

bump in the current year

Don't think I can't see those coon runes biff. I know exactly what you are doing F∴ & A∴ M∴
Free and accepted is now null and void, I really like how you did not protest to people making this a reddit anything forget the voting system that is masonic. I may have went a little too hard on someone willing to work with the oathbreaker however you seem to have some very basic ideological blindspots that need clearing up in order to stay true to the oathbreaker and the current year.

1. Implement a cryptocurrency exchange but do not make an oathbreaker coin. Look this is to my own disadvantage I really can not afford to not accept this but it does not vibe well with null and void oaths seeing the currency situation is the reason people subject themselves to heineus oaths to begin with.
2. while I enjoy the overal level-headedness of the reddit site and in theory and actually hate it; none of that matters because unfortunatley voting and therefore reddit/voat is a masonic application and as such absolutely unsuitable for the project.

I do not like my tone here. Rethink the voting system I am partial to the oathbreaker cryptocurrency exchange and would need to be convinced of a oathbreakercoin. Either way thank you for playing the game; your oaths are void so lets really make this work now that everything is fluid and unshackled.

I am partial to a Yay/nay instead of arrows

github.com/tokumeico/tokumei
I feel sorry for you Kyle

Also to OP: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_software_and_protocols_for_distributed_social_networking

Fuck you Spic.

Synchronet or BTFO.

yeah yeah i feel same hate towards the collapse of privacy over the internet but hell why are you fucking namefagging and using the globalist meme even if you don't know what it means?

cpu arch? language? bare-metal/assembly experience?
I get the feeling you're just a C#, java and android faggot having vacation this summer and you didn't even specify languages you actually know which is suspicious enough and your github is only readme? L.O.L.
Are you just fishing for god-tier coders to do all the work for you and take credit? or do you want to organize the group? Please specify.

The problem with projects like these is who harvests money after-deployment and who worked for free like in every "best new chan alternative" out there. Of course the most reasonable thing for this scenario would to release the program in public with no ropes or code alone but a p2p style network is different and also isn't dependent on hosts.
I feel like you're from FBI or something/10

By design we can follow what torrent clients, blockchain, IRC, RSS already does and theoretically combine it.
FOSS or BTFO
preferably C++ and good libraries + some C
cross platform? qt is okay
p2p standalone

Target user:
don't invite normies. numbers is not power
once they thrive, media arrives. 4chan is the best example
popularity kills. high traffic = profit which later corrupts it like 4chan premium/gold bullshit ads and google analytics embed which kills anonymity over again

flood and attacks?
udp/tcp?
anonymity of IP?
database or files?
circuits and handshake or no?
These issues must be tackled.
security and speed is the least concern as we are anonymous here unless you really want to implement reddit cancer and namefagging login feature.
main concern is moderation against bots. there should be "trackers" like server which validates users via captcha.

the point here is anyone can get a hold of your account and pretend that it's you posting like on twitter.
Chan golden rule is timestamp or btfo, even tripcodes are crackable.

THIS LOOKS PRETTY NEAT
toktok.github.io/
>Build a distributed computation platform. To perform secure and anonymous computations, the computation itself needs to be split into pieces. Each participant in the computation receives a part of the problem and instructions to execute on that problem. The TokTok Distributed Computer (TDC) builds on ideas in [email protected]/* */ to provide a virtual computer that can securely execute any program on any data using CPU cycles from a distributed set of physical computers.

I'm not sure where I mentioned anything about making a reddit clone or any kind of voting system, but it wasn't in the original idea. I want to get something barebones done first before we tackle this challenging problem (if we even need to)

Also, what's wrong with opening it up to all cryptocurrencies/paypal/whatever types of payments available? We don't have to create our own or stick to just one, but I guess we could make our own if we *really* wanted to.

someone already called me out on this so I'm using a different e-mail now. that gmail is a throwaway anyway

These are all valid criticisms and I realize early on in this thread I made a bunch stupid mistakes, but I'm here to learn, with everyone.

C, C#, C++, Obj-C, Swift, Java, Python, Perl, various shellscripting, pure-data (lolwhocares)

assembly I did like once in uni

I really don't want any credit. I just think this is software I would use personally if people think it's useful/necessary. I'm broke as a joke so I only have a bit of time between freelance contracts but I will contribute in any way I can, including organization. But I admitted earlier that I still have lots of learning to do (which I see as a positive challenge).

noob mistakes sorry :(

But your post is 100% on point and constructive criticism.

-Anonymity of IP would be nice
-was looking at the ipfs distributed file system to avoid using a database?

for the other points, I figure that a lot of the sofware/library suggestions presented would handle a lot of that for us, so we could cobble something together to get "whatever works". We're at top-level brainstorming now but it's been fairly productive so far I would say!

noted — thanks bro :)

gonna have a bunch of time to look at all of this stuff tomorrow in-depth

bump

You probably have mild epilepsy. A high CBD strain would be right for you.

Good work on the oathbreaker stuff. The shills self-identified whenever it is posted.

The solution is NNTP.

Forget walled gardens.

Your cannabis use was helping. Fuck those docs.

CAPTCHA is not simple to implement on a decentralized system.

what difference would a letsay a twitter like clone from a imageboard? just the layout?

y

Why is it hard to implement?

Well, if you think about it, a decentralized system will rely on message passing, from one node to another. If a node is acting in a trustworthy way this is fine, the CAPTCHA works, but what's to stop a node saying "Yep, these 8 billion shitposts totally passed CAPTCHA"? Since CAPTCHA is a one-time test and by design cannot be repeated on each hop, this is bound to complicate things.

That is not problem that CAPTCHA was invented to solve. It is used to verify that user is human being, not to verify that trusted node is not sending you shitty data. If node is spamming you with bad data you ether blacklist it or limit rate of transfer. So it becomes:
Node: "these 8 billion shitposts totally passed CAPTCHA"
You: "you were bad to me before, I will accept only 10 per minute"

not me, but I'll answer that...

it requires the conversion of electricity to compute power to accomplish nothing; the equation doesn't benefit man in any way (AFAIK).

Perhaps if we were folding or something . . .

Yes, but my point is that CAPTCHA verifies that a real human is sending the post to the first node, how do you pass on that verification to each additional node?
One system I have seen is similar to crypto-coins, it makes sending a post to another node "cost" the answer to an equation, given inputs provided by the receiving node, that takes some non-trivial amount of time to calculate.
My original point, which I stand by, is that CAPTCHA basically only works once, and in a system with multiple hops, it is not effective. I used 8 billion as an exaggerated example, let's say a node passes on 999 legit posts and 1 spam post, if a few nodes do this, the network becomes full of spam, because the second (third, fourth) nodes along will pass on the spam.
Is there some way to "pass along" a CAPTCHA verification, is the basic question I'm asking.
The whole "just use blacklists" is a bit of a cop-out really, not really a solution, especially given that a truly anonymous network should not have long term storage of node identities, surely?

By long term storage I mean that node b shouldn't pass a message to node c and tell it "hey, node a sent me this! (and node 0 had it before that..)". This would make it trivial to track message origins, given control of enough (transit) nodes. So the "naughty node" can send messages to 8 billion different nodes, one each, and still get all 8 billion messages into the system in a more roundabout way, but with the same effect.

Unless the nodes share black-lists, of course, in which case what is to stop malicious black-listing?

See what I mean about things getting complicated?

Oaths can be powerful but they are maintained or broken by those partaking in them, not any others. Elsepeoples have naught the power to directly influence your will, at most they can bias your choices but at the end of the day, they are still your choices.

P.S. It is/was bumplocked on Holla Forums because it's a shitty forced meme.

Thanks for that :) Up till now I've only had access to black market weed which as we all know is super high in THC (with the possibility of it being laced with something to burn through my money) and I know it was this aspect that was making me paranoid and turning me into a shittier person. I've been looking for Charlotte's Web or something high CBD for a while and if I actually did have an epilepsy diagnosis then this would be available for me legally.

However because of my past history this option is off the table for me — luckily I will be getting a second opinion soon so hopefully we will sort things out.

Thanks for keeping the discussion active, I think a good next step would be to make a wiki or something (maybe a trello board?) to have a common place to discuss the pros and cons of the different software options we have discussed (frontend, backend, nntp, ipfs, etc)

i thought this an anti-freemazion meme.. wut fug.

I see it as more of an anti D&C concept, moreover you're not necessarily tied to one way of thinking or another.

bump

sagw

>>>8ch.net/pol/res/7339374.html the need is stronger now —

I know Holla Forums doesn't have a good relationship with Holla Forums but this affects everyone. Do you think we could address some of these concerns with this software?

No. You're taking a beta approach to problem solving that has nearly reached the end of the line. Rather than push back against those that are shitting on your internet and freedom, you're looking for technical solutions to avoid confrontation. You can't win that war as all your software "solutions" depend on trusting your hardware and hardware is rapidly becoming untrustworthy, and additionally assume that distributed authority isn't just a hippie commune for software.
It's the Jews, user. You'll have to deal with them.

Fuck off back to reddit

Fuck off Holla Forums. No one fucking likes you. You shove identity politics into every single fucking crevice of every single fucking conversation.

Go to Holla Forums. It's the *only* place you'll ever be welcome at.

Stop listening to Infowars. This is a a formality - nothing more. ICANN and IANA have been effectively operating as a multinational stakeholder group since their inception.

And - I know this will be hard for you to understand, but bear with me here: Multinational doesn't mean United Nations.

Feel free to join the brainstorming thread >>>/memecircles/3

The decentralized aspect of the project and the blockchain are the most important and should be tackled first you also need some sort of formatting protocol

Once you have a working blockchain and protocall you just need to build a client(people could easily roll their own) to parse it and display the posts/messages.

Pms can be encrypted and treated just like posts, but flagged to not be displayed. The client would then just parse them as PMs.

The protocol should be simple and human readable in plain text for example

[post/pm:subject(target of message if pm):name:(optional pm key signature):body of post]

If this is going to be decentralized everything needs to be secure even if seen by everyone so you need someone who really knows their shit with crypto to make the pm system happen.

so did you actually do anything or are you just waiting for someone to make this for you? do you have anything to show other than the two images that were posted nearly a month ago?

Can someone explain:
1) what the fuck this mentally ill crackhead is talking about
2) why you idiots have spoonfed him 160 replies?

Due to various external factors we've started doing a lot more talking this week. A lot more discussion has happened on IRC rather than the actual thread over at >>>/memecircles/3 . There's a lot of people concerned that nothing has really been done but I can assure you that things are in the works. It's just going at our own pace and there's no deadline set. I would like people to get on board or at least morally support it but I also want other anons to understand that at this point in time there's really no rush.

I just got word back from my backend dev friend who has apparently made some progress on something related to this, so I'll pass him this suggestion, thanks for your input!

decentralized imageboard + social media style presentation/format

opensource
accessible through a client not a site

0 user data collection or logging,not even for bug fixing, outside of user/pass attached to an optional account

optional account posting
or anonymous posting with random id chan style

user profile page similar to facebook or steam for those who want a public page,feed from other users you like

general posting categories like 4chan/8chn/etc,covers a wide enough set of topics

general filesharing supported
wide range of supported media types

individual user-based moderation in public boards, if you don't like a thread/post, block the thread or user

keep the same bump style of posting,active threads go up,inactive go down,threads are pruned after a large period of inactivity

user created groups, original creator can assign mods/moderate
can allow user posting + public or user only or public only posting

no ads,no money system,no upvoting, no paid features,some kind of bot detection and you're golden

pretty much Holla Forums with a few minor changes,competent coders, and decentralized, nothing extra like a money system

This.

The money system is a "would be nice" feature but what you described is the core feature set.

You can have infinite features if you keep the base of the system as a "blockchained" log file

The hardest part of this as I said before is making sure everyone has the same information. You can add as many little features as you want and separate out content with flags so clients only pickup on features people want to see.

Another important feature should be the ability to not re-share content selectively cause one of the weird things about bitcoin is that the block chain is all the information all the time. Not everyone wants to save that much stuff so if people only want to keep say a months worth of logs and only relay that it should be allowed. You could also selectively not relay certain posts/sections of the log file etc...

My wallets say otherwise fam. : ^ )
Also, self perpetuating transaction register that pays out on registration of transactions. At the very least it helps man track transactions as long as an arbitrary value is assigned to the digital currency.

That's the plan, at least according to one of my friends who is a scala coder working on the backend right now. I'm still trying to get in touch with him because apparently he's made a bit of progress on this end.

Will it run on “free javascript code” so that it won`t anger Stallman and friends?

It took me a few minutes to stop laughing enough to post this

okay listen OP

you immediately exposed yourself as having no idea what the unholy fuck you are on about because of the way you talk and what you talk about

You are either clinically autistic or non-white and it smells up any thread you enter or create

All of your posts are dying deaths of a thousand cuts from all your tiny little weird fuckups which imply massive deep-running misunderstandings on your part about everything from networking in general to programming in particular

You talk like some faggot from a game cheating forum, and you're patrolling looking for "coders" to implement your sweet epic idea you came up with (tm)

You embolden hordes of equally street-shitteresque lurkers to post (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you're not just constantly samefagging, but maybe I shouldn't)

In short it would be great if you left this mortal plane via whatever method is quickest for you to access and execute

no commentary needed

This is because he isn't your "friend"; he's a rando you stalk online and have dragged into your autismal fantasy

it's internet libertarian hot seat hour in here

The thing is, I've been wanting to get involved with a client-based distributed chan system for a while, but I'm put off it by this whole mess and not sure if it's worth the effort to try and gather people to talk about the concept if we have to put up no autists allowed signs

next irc meeting is at 9pm CST (10pm EST) Thursday Sept. 15 irc.rizon.net #oathbreaker

I sure love this program fellow oathbreakers!

op have you heard of Diaspora?
joindiaspora.com/

everyone who knows about nntpchan knows about usenet, nntp is in the name. they just don't want to use it. it has no etherality to it, it's mostly dead and there's a pseudonymous culture instead of an anonymous one.

Yeah and I was super into this idea when I was freaking out about Facebook years ago — and then I heard the founder killed himself.

I was really disappointed that this didn't get off the ground. But I think the general feeling about OB now is to take it in more of a chan-social media hybrid direction to set it apart from stuff like this and minds.com

rip

Thanks for posting this — I gotta try it out, but it seems like a pain in the ass to setup your own site from what I've seen so far. (It doesn't "just werk")

Wut? Did someone said his software was shit and that he should kill himself?

As I feel rather generous tonight, allow me the honor to translate what you just posted for you in utmost respect:
>Thanks for showing that I am a newfag, a poser, and a retard — I won't try it out since you've shamed me, but it seems I am incompetent to my ass that I won't set up a local httpd [and maybe TOR gateway service] (it doesn't work to my standards)

Now how goes that resume of yours, have you found a job yet?

fyi, I am not Kyle who wrote this is werc in just a few pissed days.

The reason why all alternative stuff fails, and all normies use facebook

And you care about normies since when?

Adoption is a matter of force. Learned that the hard way.

Force someone to communicate with you one way, force them all.

This is what assburgers actually believe

Excuse me while every job applicant gets dismissed if they don't have a social network presence.
Excuse the fact there's no "peer" pressure demanding others to use a platform.

Excuse the fact we both here contact a California based server in the USA to communicate this shit, when we can be distributing en masse.

I didn't force this, you did.

Nu Nu Nu, see this is exactly why nothing alt ever gets adopted.
There is a spectrum between
and

The fact that namefag OP opened with a 4 post manifesto is everything wrong with free communication and social software.
All the usual rules such as branding, elevator pitch, usability, and so on, do not magically stop applying just because it's GPL'd.

They're all stupid. Freenet, i2p, whatever the fuck this is, zeronet, maidsafe, but today I stumbled upon THE MOST autistic one yet.
urbit.org is all of the problems above, combined with American libtard politics, stars, moons, galaxies, seriously drug induced shit.

So getting back to

This user is 100% right. It should be like a funnel; at first it should "just werk". Leave customization till later, and eventually looking at the source, protocol spec, and hopefully becoming contributors.

There is a relatively easy install script for new Debian servers:

tokumei.co/hosting/

...Though it's not very flexible. If you run it on an existing server it will nuke any existing nginx config.

The install guide goes into a lot of detail in an attempt to be comprehensive and usable by someone who has never used a command line before. Reading it might be tedious but the process is actually very easy. Most of the setup is getting a VPS and a domain, something most self-hosted software install guides skip completely.

I provide free email support ([email protected]/* */) or you can privmsg me on freenode (kfarwell) or XMPP ([email protected]/* */) and I can walk you through the install.

I am happy to help anyone who wants to host a Tokumei site, especially now there are no public servers. Unfortunately hosting one myself here in Canada is not feasible legally. Service providers are liable for user-generated content, even if they don't see it.

I will install it for you, do customizations, and/or write custom features for a small fee. $5 for a basic install. Bitcoin or PayPal. Let me know what you need and I will give you a quote: [email protected]/* */

I am interested in providing easier ways to install Tokumei (Docker/AWS/Bitnami images, FreedomBox, distro packages, more installers, documentation for manual installs, etc.) but I'm not sure which to focus on. Any requests? Or if someone else has a favourite platform they want to distribute Tokumei on, feel free. If you need any information about Tokumei to do that, I'm happy to help: [email protected]/* */

The customizations in the install script all have defaults you can accept by just pressing enter. I will add a note about this to the install guides, and document how to change these settings post-install.

P.S. I would be happy to host an easy Tokumei site like Facebook. Just Send The Money and I will move to a real country where I can do that legally. :^)

Not posting things online as a solution for lack of privacy is extraordinarily lazy and retarded. It's like saying "If you don't want to be censored, don't speak. If there's nothing to censor, you can't be censored".

It's a non-answer. It's a retarded answer.

I sure would love to download a 40 GB blockchain for every forum I want to visit, and wait 30 minutes to synch data if I stopped visiting said forum for some time!

Why do you want to make stuff needlessly complicated? Just use federation, FFS. It's easier to implement, doesn't leak IPs to everybody and if you really want to use your computer as a node, you can do that as well.

Name one advantage that comes from full decentralization over federation, that isn't related to legal issues such as DMCA or "my server is the NSA and I don't trust it" (because you CAN run your own server for you and your friends, if you are worried about every node being NSA).

This is what a shill looks like.

Are you retarded or did you just fall for the distributed networks meme because Holla Forums and /g/ seem to be unaware of the existence of federated networks?

newfag Holla Forumsack here, could I please have some context on le meme circles?
inb4 lurk moar
all I've learned lurking is that everyone hates this nonsensical forced may-may

Before starting something new have you seen this project?

morph.is/v0.8/

It seems to be similar (and bigger) in scope but it has working code for hosting and "mail" so far. It's a bit abandoned and could use some help I recon.

it's not python, retard

It staryed on 8ch Holla Forums a year ago. It was just a shitty forced meme like Travis two-swords was a shitty forced meme. It pisses people off so it gets posted for the lulz. To be edgy, it implies that you can break all your oaths and be disloyal because meme magic.

Independant of the rest of this, that criticism of urbit is pretty odd. It's definitely autistic, and the naming conventions are hilarious (you complain about calling servers stars when the documentation includes a pronunciation guide for ASCII?), but American libtard politics? The creator has been barred from conferences because he implied he believes in slavery. He's expressed support for a king appointed by divine right, but says he personally prefers the idea of replacing the government with a corporation. Moldbug is a neoreactionary, and neoreactionaries themselves admit that the main divisions within the community are between racists, zealots, and hypercapitalists. He's not an anarchist, but it's hardly your average costal politics.

You're right of course.
Not being a native burger speaker, I messed up the vernacular. I suppose I wanted to say "libertard" as in libertarian maybe?

That fact that he was selling "digital land" though, points towards a scam, rather than just a technically ridiculous protocol.

Yeah, that's more fair. There is a difference between hypercapitalist neoreactionaries and libertarians, but it's not any bigger than the differences between most variants of right-anarchy associated groups. Many of the same arguments can be made for neoreaction, anarchocapitalism, minarchism, etc, both for and against. Regardless, Urbit is definitely influenced by his politics.

It also seems to me that they would have cut more corners if it was just a scam, though. Several years of public development before finally having a very short sale may mean he's trying to build hype so he can eventually profit off of that, but it's not quite standard scam behavior. It's probably not a good investment, despite the fact that he is trying to push the idea that it might grow in value, but he's shown enough dedication that he probably belives it will work.

Thanks oathbro.

One thing I've been thinking of in regards to this very project is the addition of the Liquid Democracy platform.

There are at least two implementations, and the teams may be interested in the platform you propose.

I have been calling it the Intersenate.

So don't use undefined behavior?

There is plenty of important security-critical software written in C++.

Jej, if one of you guys thinks that undefined behavior is a C/C++-only thing, you're going to have a rude awakening when you do real programming.

Undefined behavior is part of every API or library you use where you're not staying strictly within the bounds of documented acceptable parameters.

In other words, if you pass a "unicode" instead of a "str" (or vice versa) to a Python 2 function, and it was expecting the other kind of string, you've just invoked undefined behavior without even being aware of it. There is no guarantee that more complex cases will work nor that it will continue to work.

If you think that only language-level UB "counts" for some reason, you're just failing to see the forest for the trees.

As for undefined behavior in things like this:
arr[i++] = arr2[i];
Just don't be that dumb. How hard is it to avoid that?
There's no reason to assume that the "i++" is evaluated before or after "arr2[i]" is loaded, so don't write code which will confuse both compilers and human readers alike.

tl;dr if you're getting UB, learn the damn language. If you think UB is a bad thing, think a little harder.

Noice, thanks for that. Doing a bit of research on Liquid Democracy now.

I've been talking to my friends about how outdated and inefficient voting in a representative democracy is — you don't need to vote to reach consensus, you can do that with debate provided you have enough people knowledgeable about the topic.

That's why I mention the imageboards as a good model for this — imageboards essentially work as a meritocracy, only people who know about a certain topic contribute meaningful discussion and things can get done more effectively this way.

democracy is a buzzword at this point — it always just ends up being a popularity contest.

The combination of Ethherium blockchain, twitter, and Liquid Democracy potentiates a new social meme: states that are wholly voluntary, not based on geography, and neither necessarily representative nor direct.

One could assign one's proxy for a given issue, or all issues, in real-time, or retain one's vote, or abstain altogether.

I believe with adequate crypto and sufficiently broad distributed nodes, presently both anonymity and auditability could be achieved, allowing even those presently subjected to panoptic surveillance (all of us) to securely discuss and vote on matters that might not be approved of by the present world order.

While just a discussion platform and cryptocurrency at first, such a platform could change the world in time.

I'd like to see that happen before I die.

Same here, in fact this is what I've been talking/thinking about for this project. It just seems like the logical next step.

what in the fuck is this le edgie anonymoos xd bullshit