Migrant Boats and Recon Sattelites

Get in here niggers!

engadget.com/2016/06/15/new-app-lets-anyone-spot-and-help-migrant-boats-in-distress/

Imagine the damage we could do by flooding this with false reports, or hogging up the grid, and then just failing to report anything.

Better yet, report them to the "proper authorities."

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/cgao2
web.archive.org/web/20160527052648/http://www.xpadian.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

End yourself

Was so excited I forgot to archive it.

archive.is/cgao2

Use your imaginations.

*Also, I can make a thread, but not post a reply without the dns captcha, dafuq?*

see

Insert: YOU SUNK MY BATTLESHIP IMAGE

Still, no way to do this without the app knowing your identity.

Even the feelgood libtard of an author thought of this; and a way to get around it. The real problem is iShitOS would probably allow them to identify your device, no matter how many times you wipe that $30 iphone 4 you bought off craigslist.

Look for Sprint iPhones if you do this, (and your an amerifat) they are worth less.

Any Android version? The app probably sends the info to a server first. Knowing the server adresse and format we can flood the server with info until they need to pull it.

I can't find one. However, if someone wants to plug a computer with 2 ethernet ports in front of their wireless router, you could in theory run wireshark to find this out. I would if my only source of internet was not an LTE hotspot.

Not that I can find. However, one could set up wireshark on a computer with 2 ethernet ports as a bridge behind their WiFi AP. This would allow you to figure it out rather easily. Not something I can do with an LTE hotspot though.

You guys forget the best thing about this
it is not illegal.
and even if it were, you have plausible denyability because its "hard to tell"

you can just emulate the app on your pc and wireshark it at the same time, you dont need to do all this fancy bullshit

What a time to be alive

even easier, start arpspoofing the router, do a man in the middle attack on yourself, so that the phone's traffic flows trought your pc, and you're done.

literally just have to live boot a virtual machine.
theoritically….

I'm not touching something from Apple.

This is probably beyond the average pollack.

I didn't know you could emulate it on anything but OS X?

This, and online nonetheless.

I did actually consider it. You could also claim you thought it was a game or something.

web.archive.org/web/20160527052648/http://www.xpadian.com/

I'm not gonna write a tutorial on how to do it but its literally 2 commands if you google it.

Unless they have an android app, this will not work.

Wew lads crowdsourced kebab removal will be a reality in our lifetime

I don't even feel mad anymore. I'm just confused.

I'm convinced liberals won't be satisfied until all of Europe is destroyed and over run with Muslims which is actually fine by me because it'll only mean one thing. War

What a time to be alive.

I wonder what it would take to man in the middle the app, and then render assistance to the migrants personally.

Thank you based Poseidon!

The Beeb continues to put out headlines like '100 refugees feared dead off the coast of Crete'.

Goddamn I'm fucking angry just seeing that

To prevent precisely that GPS has micro-lag programmed in

THANK YOU BASED POSEIDON, FOR THE SACRIFICE OF POLLUTING YOUR SEAS WITH THE FILTH THAT YOU SMITE

Hail the Emperor of the seas!
Praise Kek!

Test for site broken faggotry.

WE NEED TO CROWDFUND SOME PIRATES, USE THIS TO FIND TARGETS FOR THEM, AND CLEAN UP THE MEDITERRANEAN.

OP here, my IP changes a lot.

Glanoss has the same coverage, is more accurate, (military bands are unencrypted) and multiple other GPS and auxiliary geo-location satellites make this a non-issue. My phone sees 20 satellites (GPS and others) from my roof in the middle of a jungle in the middle of the Pacific; and it can get my location within 2 or 3 feet of where I am actually at. Problem is, the shitty receiver and software starts breaking down as you move, but this could be rectified by by using your own software.

Hey goys I'm no professional but can't you use an emulator for this?

Some Holla Forumsfag should make a short emulation tutorial for the Holla Forumsnologically retarded.

Bump

The navy uses an XY axis targeting system. They don't use GPS. Correct me if I'm wrong.

THANK YOU POSEIDON!

ok, provide the source code :)

Thank you based Poseidon!