Overboard is (almost) here!

HOLY FUG OVERBOARD IS COMING Holla Forums!!!

AFTER ALL THESE YEARS OF WHINING TO HW/RON

>>>/sudo/8282

Noice!

The site is going to be dogshit because of it since mods have to spend a minute or two fucking around to get ban text and therefore never do it. Just watch.

How would an overboard feature cause that effect?

overboard?

Yeah, you can see all the most recent posts from all board, kind of like a master catalog.

Optimistic user strikes again!

Ben Fischbein

Bein?

I was a moderator on another chan and it was the other way round, it took more effort to place a shadowban because the ban message displayed automatically - so to place a shadowban you'd have to load up the modpanel, then go into bans, then add a new ban, and put in the IP (in this case user ID) there.

This meant that if you got a wave of refugees you only had to bwoink one or two of them and everyone else would think twice before joining in with their bullshit - and it did more for transparency than the vague mod logs here do (ban reason does not have to reflect actual ban reason as the post is not linked in log) and it's only when people start bitching do you get an idea of who is being banned for what.

When the overboard comes in what will happen is every board will start clashing with each other. Boards with shitty moderation or few rules will eventually be blobbed by Politically Incorrect Vidya - since Holla Forums and Holla Forums have the highest users as well as the largest % in common.

This shitposter lacks just enough self awareness to prove my point.

Bless whoever made that webm

I feel like a positive side effect is that smaller boards will be occupied, irregardless if only with pol/v content. We could use that. Plus our Overboard could work entirely differently to the imageboard you were on, you never know.

My point with the other imageboard was more that nobody will know what's banworthy in other boards until they get banned - and the amount of users that can be banned before that matters is too much.

Although it could be funny watching the 4chan refugees that have shit this place up shit up every other board.

I see what you mean. I think, in general, if you see a thread in the overboard and reply to it with a non-shitpost there's not that high a chance you'll get banned for it, considering we're not really known for unnecessary or strict moderation. We'll just have to wait and see though.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It'd be kind of nice if boards had the option to de-list themselves.

Or we had an option to filter out boards. I'm not touching /homosuck/, /sugen/, or /waifuist/ circlejerks with a ten foot pole.

You say that, but I bet you don't even have a ten foot pole.

Here's what you do: You don't click on them

I'll just use my le dick xD

Stop that.

1 foot does not does not equal 1 millimetre user

I know Lebrechan had problems with their overboard amd /hebe. May wanna leave some off.

I am thinking

I don't think you understand, user. Even a conscious reminder that people like them exist and actually post here is enough.

Single board for viewing the contents of all boards, think leddit's R/all

Literally 1 day before the elections.
Someone should get this to Holla Forums.

Whats overchan?
Is that client?
Sorry I was out of the general picture during the Jim/hot wheels/librechan meltdown, I don't even know what happened or was infinity project.
I'm kind of a purist.

Overboard*
see what I mean?