Don't Believe Her

His original accuser, a victim of fetal alcohol syndrome who is now 16, admits lying about Devereaux because he scolded her for promiscuity and reported her for poisoning his soft drink with iodine.

“I feel really bad that I lied,” the girl said over a McDonald’s cheeseburger. “He was the best dad I ever had.”

After losing his home to pay more than $40,000 in legal bills and unable to afford another $50,000 for a trial, Devereaux plea-bargained to two non-sexual misdemeanors - hitting a child with an open hand and warning another suspect she was going to be arrested. He got no jail time beyond the two days he had served and can be reinstated as a foster parent in two years.

Other than his accusers, police didn’t interview his foster children. Most of his accusers now claim they were coerced by police or admit to just plain lying. One girl admitted to a history of fabricating rape stories to get her way.

Earl Marcellus, the lone investigation critic on the Chelan County Commission, said outside scrutiny is long overdue.

“I’m not doing my own witch hunt here. I’m pro-law enforcement,” he said. “I want to throw the rascals in jail, but society has to have faith that the system works.”

Child abuse experts from outside the area are punching holes in the investigation while the Wenatchee Chamber of Commerce has put itself in the bizarre position of defending authorities and, thus, the existence of a huge child sex ring.

Defense attorneys are promising “massive” civil lawsuits against police and state child welfare workers they accuse of aiding the police and targeting unprivileged families.

The number of alleged child victims is not 50 but 10, and several them have testified they were never molested.

State social workers long had been leery of Devereaux, a single foster parent who accepted only girls. When authorities insisted he hire live-in female maids, Devereaux complained of gender discrimination. Single foster mothers, he said, were never hassled like that.

Devereaux had joined the foster program seven years earlier when he was married. He and his wife cared for boys and girls, but learned a coed foster home often led to sex among the children. After his divorce, Devereaux wanted one gender exclusively. He had 10 girls and one boy, so relocating the boy was easiest.

“I took kids no one else wanted. I felt sorry for them,” he said. “It didn’t look bad to me. Just because you’re a man doesn’t mean you’re going to molest kids.”

State officials investigated the Devereaux home but found no signs of abuse. They seemed satisfied with his all-girls home. The agency once held a panel discussion to initiate wouldbe foster parents. Devereaux was one of the featured speakers.

“He was the role model of foster parents,” remembers Janet Rutherford, who joined the foster program. “He was like a Greek god.”

In August 1994, Devereaux as arrested after one of his foster girls accused him of forcing her to sit in his lap and touching her breasts and genitals. The next day, the girl recanted to social worker Glassen, saying, “I told a whole bunch of lies yesterday to a policeman about Dad.”

Glassen reported the girl’s confession to superiors the following day. Within a week, he was placed on paid administrative leave and eventually fired for failing to report child abuse in an unrelated case. He is suing the state for wrongful discharge.

Glassen became one of Perez’s suspects in The Circle but was never charged. His name and that of other critics began showing up in statements by Perez’s (the investigating officer's) foster daughter. Glassen moved his family to Canada to avoid what he calls police persecution.

“Anyone who questions what they’re doing is a suspect,” Glassen said in a telephone interview from British Columbia. “It’s a dangerous thing.” Later, a Spokane television news reporter who aired reports critical of the sex ring investigation would be labeled a child molester.

literally who

Erdely says that for the first time, Jackie expressed doubt about whether her alleged assailant was in the fraternity she had said he belonged to.

“I was just so startled. . . . Here she was saying in such a casual way, ‘Oh yeah, maybe he wasn’t in Phi Psi.’ ”

Worried about the doubts Jackie was expressing, Erdely posed direct questions to her. The reporter’s notes from that phone call were shown to the jury.

Erdeley said she then told Jackie on the phone that she wanted to work with her to look up additional information about her alleged attacker online. They searched but were unable to find anything. For Erdely, the doubts quickly mushroomed.

“When I got off the phone, I felt like the ground had shifted from under my feet,” Erdely said. “The person I had talked to was not the person I was familiar with from my story. I felt that she didn’t have credibility anymore, which meant that we couldn’t stand behind anything that she had given me.”

it'll have to go

all of it

Google it, nigger
Wenatchee Witch Hunt

Jackie, pic related, used the Haven Monahan character, court papers allege, to try to make Duffin jealous. In text messages, sent from the number attributed to Monahan to Duffin, Monahan repeatedly declares both his love for Jackie and his frustration that Jackie is more interested in Duffin.

“HOw can she not Want me? wtf? She cant turn me down fro some nerd 1st yr,” one message reads, referring to Duffin, who was a freshman at the time. “She said this kid is smart and funny and worth it but I told her if he said no to fuck it Nd move onto better things like me.”

New evidence filed this week also reveals that a Yahoo email account for “Haven Monahan,” was registered just days after Jackie claimed the alleged attack occurred.

According to the Washington Post, which examined the documents, the [email protected]/* */ email account was registered from a computer connected to the UVA computer network on Oct. 2, 2012. A day later, the user—pretending to be Monahan—forwarded Duffin a letter purportedly written by Jackie, confessing her love for Duffin.

The filings also contain photographs Jackie sent of a man she said was Monahan. The Washington Post, which tracked him down, reports he’s actually a student at a “university in a different state” who says he “barely knew Jackie and hadn’t been to Charlottesville for many years.”

Or OP can stop mistakenly believing I'm going to research his wall of text when if he wasn't dumb as a barrel of cocks he would have written something by himself rather than copying and pasting this wall of text from somewhere.

OP - go fuck yourself.

The filings also contain photographs Jackie sent of a man she said was Monahan. The Washington Post, which tracked him down, reports he’s actually a student at a “university in a different state” who says he “barely knew Jackie and hadn’t been to Charlottesville for many years.”

But perhaps most damning of all is evidence that someone on the Stein Mitchell Muse Cipollone & Beato law firm computer network—the firm representing Jackie—accessed the Monahan Yahoo email account on March 16, 2016. Four days later, court filings reportedly allege, her attorneys claimed “Jackie was not in possession of these emails.”

Thank you for correcting the record. No one gets railroaded for false rape. Jackie din du nuthin.

Thank you for being a retarded faggot. 200 dicks have been deposited into your mother.

1. Jackie's friends Cindy, Andy, and Randall had become suspicious as to whether Jackie's date to the fraternity party where she was allegedly raped was a real person. Prior to the date, they attempted to locate him in a student directory and were unable to find evidence he existed. The trio also sent text messages to a phone number Jackie said was the mobile phone of her date and were surprised that the owner of the phone number responded primarily with flattering messages about Randall, on whom Jackie was known to have had a crush.

2. In 2012 Jackie told her friends she had been accosted by five men, though she later testified to Erdely she had been attacked by seven, with two more directing and encouraging the rape.

3. Erdely said that Jackie regained consciousness alone in the fraternity after 3 a.m. and fled the building blood spattered and bruised, phoning three friends for help. They arrived "minutes later" and found her on the corner next to the building. However, the Washington Post stated that the three friends reported getting called at 1 a.m. and meeting Jackie a mile away from the fraternities, and that they saw "no blood or visible injuries".

I'm not reading it nigga, should have put some context in the OP.

On January 30, 2015, Teresa Sullivan, the President of the University of Virginia, acknowledged that the Rolling Stone story was "discredited" in her State of the University Address. In her remarks, she said, "Before the Rolling Stone story was discredited, it seemed to resonate with some people simply because it confirmed their darkest suspicions about universities—that administrations are corrupt; that today's students are reckless and irresponsible; that fraternities are hot-beds of deviant behavior. Working together, we have soundly refuted those suspicions through our actions over the past two months. … The story unfairly maligned UVA and many members of our community."

The Rolling Stone article had a negative effect on applications to the University of Virginia. For the first time since 2002, applications to the University dropped. Prior to the publication of the story, Early Action applications were up 7.5 percent with 16,187 applicants. However overall applications were down 0.7 percent to 31,107 in the aftermath of the publication.

National sorority leaders ordered UVA sororities to not interact with fraternities during Boys Bid Night when fraternities admit new pledges. Virginia sorority members called the restrictions "unnecessary and patronizing".

No spoon feeding, lazy faggot

Due to increased social skepticism about the prevalence of sexual assault created by the unraveling of Erdely's Rolling Stone report, the Military Justice Improvement Act will be "much harder" to enact, according to Margaret Carlson.

Froma Harrop issued a call for media outlets to begin to publicly name rape accusers, explaining that "reporters and editors should expand their sensitivities to include the reputations of those accused, not always justly."

Several commentators observed that allegations of rape against Bill Cosby, which surfaced at the same time as the publication of "A Rape on Campus", would be less damaging to the comedian as a result of the seeming collapse of the Rolling Stone story. When Camille Cosby spoke about the rape allegations against her husband Bill Cosby, she said, "We all followed the story of the article in the Rolling Stone concerning allegations of rape at the University of Virginia. The story was heart-breaking, but ultimately appears to be proved untrue. Many in the media were quick to link that story to stories about my husband – until that story unwound. Writing for Bloomberg, Zara Kessler observed that, "suddenly, every Cosby accuser is a potential 'Jackie'—although we don't yet know precisely what it means to be a 'Jackie.' How honest are the intentions of Cosby's accusers?"

Media sources and commentators discussed the allegations in the context of the reported "rape culture" or a rampant sexual assault epidemic that activists had claimed existed on US college campuses. The media commentators noted that the claims of a rape culture's existence on campuses was not supported by US government statistics or other measures.

Harvey A. Silverglate in the Boston Globe referenced the Rolling Stonearticle in opining that the college sexual assault "scare" follows a long tradition of runaway, exaggerated social epidemics that "have ruined innocent lives and corrupted justice.

"A return to sanity is called for before more wreckage occurs."

There has been no posts except one since my last one, anywhere on the board. All you have done is angrily sage and tell me how shitty my thread is. You have not made any threads, you have not commented in any threads unless you made the one comment. You are shit. You contribute nothing. You do this in every thread. You are trying to kill the board. But it will never work.

Jesus that "Rape Culture" shit really bugs me. How can someone write something so flagrantly dishonest and actually believe that what they're doing is right? Can't they exact some measure of critical thinking to their own belief system? I get that we all have our philosophical blind spots, but there's got to be a limit at which it stops being spot, and turns into an entire lack of awareness. How does this even happen. How does a person achieve this state? Its like the equal and opposite reaction to an enlightenment experience.

Lazy cunt