Torrenting in US/Europe

So I've heard you can actually get in trouble becuase of downloading torrents in the US and in some countries in Europe, like the your internet provider actually cares and you get a notice in mail.

So, is this real? what are most pirates doing? just using a proxy?

nice spacing faggot.

What dk?

In the US? It largely depends

I have been torrenting and pirating applications since like 2002 when I discovered Limewire and I have never received a cease and desist letter in my entire life.
It has a lot to do with how much you torrent I think. Too much of a specific kind of inbound traffic supposedly raises a red flag with your ISP.
But that's not the only factor, most of the time companies and law enforcement will not persue you if they believe it would actually cost them more money than if they were to just continue letting you pirate shit. This is the case a lot of times in fact, since going after pirates means a lot of extra costs for law enforcement and even court costs.

emule.
in that ED2K and Kad.
the russians use it. a lot of top quality shit posted.

So you just torrent normally without a proxy?

emule? it's old af
I use qbitorrent

Yeah. I think people who use proxies are very much over paranoid. Yes, there are stories where people have been arrested for torrenting. But you have to understand is these people usually had warrants for other shit too in the first place. Otherwise the police would never bother going out of their way to go after someone downloading episodes of Big Bang

So, in the case I move to america I can safetly torrent as usual?

I'm not entirely too sure how it works but I think it has to do with how much you download? I was torrenting a fucking lot this summer and was paranoid I'd get a mail or an email from my ISP, I never received anything.

It does happen to people but not as often as some would think

are you current 15 years old?

No

I guarantee you America is a much safer place to torrent shit than wherever you are now. The only exceptions would be some third world shitholes

I would never do such a despicable thing. _>

Just use a no-log VPN with encryption. Costs fuck all and you can torrent all you want.

don't care. I'm a sovereign citizen

Can confirm.
Torrenting where I am is common practice and does not get you in any trouble whatsoever. Partly because unlike in the land of the (((free))) there's no such thing as ISP monitoring.

It's not your ISP that cares you noob, they don't give a fuck. it's the publisher. they are telling your isp to warn you, or they just file a law suit, if you are unlucky enough. you are safe to torrent old stuff, but if you are downloading new things, that have shitton of seeders(attracts alot of attention) you better use a vpn

Thank god I live in third world country where no cyber crime police is present

/thread

>_>
nice emoji my dude LOL XD THATS A FUNNY FACE

Here's what you do, OP
Your provider can't actually do anything about it

This.

I always avoided downloading new torrents (especially new movies) unless I was behind 7 proxies. I've never gotten any notices.

Just use common sense and read the torrent's comments.