The mentally ill should be allowed to own guns

taking weapons away from the mentally ill does not help anyone. in order for you to get diagnosed, you have to actually seek help. that's not exactly something you'll be inclined to do if you don't want to lose your guns.

while letting people getting treated for schizophrenia own guns might sound scary, is it really any more scary than having schizophrenic gun owners not seek treatment at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

statisticbrain.com/iq-estimates-by-intended-college-major/
freezoneearth.org/pub/SELF CLEARING 2004.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You are right. The Hitler method is the best. Just send the ills and the degenerates to camps and let them out with full status after they rehabilitated.

that has the same fundamental problem though. unless these camps are like 5 star resorts, the mentally ill aren't going to seek help. they will hide amongst the populace, doing what they can to keep attention off of themselves until they finally snap.

The real problem with it is that "mental illness" is likely to become defined as "right winger in the current year" or whatever jewish psychologists decide is roughly associated with people they don't like.

Lets not forget how legal structures are weaponized against people the government disagrees with, like the IRS targeting the Tea Party.

You can put whatever kinds of check boxes you want on those forms to screen people, and now we have a plethora of information at the NSA to cross reference behavior.

1) On a scale of 1 to 5, how much do you approve of Ben Garrison?
1 - approved
2 - not approved
3 - not approved
4 - not approved
5 - not approved

Thats sure worked in NSDAP Germany, right? Hiding?

OP you're looking at this problem the wrong way.

This isn't about people with actual brain chemistry issues, but rather having the ability to not allow people with "mental illness" to have guns. What is a mental illness? It could be something like Alzheimers or schizophrenia, but also can be redefined to mean anything. Suddenly you can make it so your enemies can't have guns off of a word you defined yourself. This is what you're seeing with veterans having their guns taken away, they are no longer "mentally fit".

This. Supposedly (according to a poster here) the gov't has been sending out notices to vets telling them they are ineligible to have guns due to lack of "mental competency" or something.

If that user is here, show yourself.

no

wew

i figured i wouldn't bother with that issue. im working on the presumption that psychologists are honest, which should be taken as axiom if you're going to argue for taking guns away from the mentally ill in the first place.

it does if nobody knows you're insane. you just walk among the people and don't have public outbursts or anything and there will be no basis to detain you.

(((insert euphemism here)))

but psychologists are kikes so why would you do that?

The real reason to oppose it is that the left controls psychology and can define anything they want as mental illness.

psychiatry is a jewish practice from top to bottom.
ANY AND ALL (((PSYCHIATRISTS))) ARE NOT ON YOUR SIDE

This is how kikes and leftists "win" arguments against right-wingers/conservatives

What is a mental illness? Is it a deviation from what is normal? If so, we are all mentally ill, as normal people are so addled with television, cheap junk food, and mindless hobbies, that they have become anti-social.

the whole thing about deconstructionism is it disregards axioms made by opposing parties. when you allow this kind of argument to be made, that's when (((deconstructionists))) win.

throughout history, until the deconstructionist movement came about, it was always seen as superior to entertain their presumptions and nullify the argument within its own structure. refuting an axiom is basically the logical equivalent of "you're wrong because i say so."

I accept the criticism, and agree.

If you're mentally ill, but not so much that you need to be institutionalized, you should keep all your constitutional rights.

If you commit a crime, but not so much that you need to be imprisoned, you should keep all your constitutional rights.

a persistent set of thoughts or behaviors in an individual that cause distress on the themselves and/or others.

believe it or not, psychology is inherently scientific. that doesn't necessarily apply to psychologists though.

The state of the psychological profession is a joke. All measures indicate mediocrity or worse. You're just fucked if you get stuck with a social worker or a female/mud.

statisticbrain.com/iq-estimates-by-intended-college-major/

Psychology
Verbal SAT: 472
Quant SAT: 545
Average SAT: 1017
Average IQ: 113

Social Work
Verbal SAT: 428
Quant SAT: 466
Average SAT: 894
Average IQ: 103

These people are basically police of the thought variety. They can execute orders, but are unfit for thinking and making thoughtful decisions. No doubt most of them are bluepills taking orders from the TV.

If you want to go down this road, then they should only build cases for some judge and jury to determine whether their diagnoses are legally binding. I think these already exist for determining who is committed or not.

In any case, I don't believe in any of this. I believe violence against these people will only further aberrate them. Except muds. Their blood curse is beyond all help I know of. They need to be taught thought control which doesn't happen. The professionals are quite unlikely to have sought it out or thought it up on their own. This turns them into ignorantly malicious entities as they further damage and stagnate people through sheer stupidity.

i agree, but would the average lefty?

talking about the state of the psychological profession will just get you stonewalled in the conversation. you will be called ignorant, anti-intellectual, or whatever other names they can think up while they ignore any argument you throw their way.
it's like coming here trying to argue that jews aren't inherently subversive. even the best argument would get shut out by accusations of judaism/shilling.

you want to play within the narrative if you want your argument to be considered by your opposition.
any argument built on a false premise will fall apart if brought to its logical conclusion anyway.

I don't catch your meme-ing. Are you really going to bend over and take the progressive stack? Trump doesn't do that and he BTFOs just fine.

im not denying that mockery is a powerful tool. it cements your side and undecideds in opposition to your enemy while dropping your enemy's morale (albeit, only temporarily. it only takes 10 minutes in their echochamber for their humiliation to become collective resentment).

by following them in their rhetoric and coming to another conclusion or identifying cognitive dissonance, you place doubt in the mind. that doubt will linger long after they retreat to their hugbox.

basically, it comes down to a choice of who you really want to have an impact on: the opposition or your allies?

Like SJWs?

Sorry, such a definition is vulnerable to abuse to such an extent that it is arbitrary.

and by the way, entertaining an idea is not the same as accepting it. you should never agree to a false premise, but you should at least consider another route to argue on besides "you're feeding me a line of bullshit." no matter how pungent of bullshit it is, try your best not to recoil from it.

ill have you know psychologists have a word for SJW's: histrionic
symptoms include:

Exhibitionist behavior
Constant seeking of reassurance or approval
Excessive sensitivity to criticism or disapproval
Pride of own personality and unwillingness to change, viewing any change as a threat
Inappropriately seductive appearance or behavior of a sexual nature
Using somatic symptoms (of physical illness) to garner attention
A need to be the center of attention
Low tolerance for frustration or delayed gratification
Rapidly shifting emotional states that may appear superficial or exaggerated to others
Tendency to believe that relationships are more intimate than they actually are
Making rash decisions[4]
Blaming personal failures or disappointments on others
Being easily influenced by others, especially those who treat them approvingly
Being overly dramatic and emotional[6]

So much this.

Shrinks are supposed to be mind-mechanics or something, so if they're say, literally half as intelligent as their patient, how in Kek's name are they supposed to do any good?

That's their status signalling. There is never a need to outwit a person or to keep them in the dark. They ought only be bearers and transmitiers of knowledge of function of mind. Evangelists.

It kills me to see that the cutting edge of mental science is magic and alchemy. This guy's a delusional cuck to boot:
freezoneearth.org/pub/SELF CLEARING 2004.pdf

The law as it stands allows the mentally ill to own guns. If you look at any background check form, it won't ask for your diagnoses. It will ask you if you've ever been committed to a mental institution, or adjudicated mentally defected. These require an action by a judge, meaning that you've committed a crime, and used insanity as a defense. If you have merely been diagnosed as mentally defective by a psychiatrist, you would not be lying if you say, "I have never been adjudicated mentally defective," because doctors are not courts.

There is a reason for all of this, and that is the fifth amendment, not the second. The fifth amendment guarantees that our rights to life, liberty, and property cannot be taken without due process. If a doctor could take away your constitutional rights, it would have many more implications than simply revoking your right to bear arms.

They are pushing "intolerance" as a medication requiring mental condition, so absolutely, "mentally ill" people need to retain their ability defend themselves.

mk ultra is real folks. Most mentally ill people are victims of satanic ritual abuse. Nobody will talk about this.

"shall not be infringed" it doesn't say anything about being crazy. fag gun grabbers leave

You go to the doctor after your father died and tell the doctor you are sad.

ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS THEY HAVE BEEN PUSHING FLAG YOU AS CLINICALLY DEPRESSED AND MENTALLY ILL

No guns for anyone.

SLIPPERY SLOPE JUST LIKE FAG MARRIAGE

FALSE FLAG WAKE UP ANONS

Do these white tits threaten you kike?

ORLANDO WAS A FALSE FLAG

They are coming for the guns and you all are circle jerking to Muhammad.

sauce?

holy crap, that's the fakest pair of breasts I've ever seen.

Here, have some real ones.

Spoiler nudes you fucks

Those are fake.

Those are real

I forgot videos could be spoiler tagged, sorry.

This is the only right answer. OP is a shill, don't waste your time.

I clicked on this thread to add my two cents and I'm glad to find other anons on here beat me to it.

Mental illness is a moving goal post. Mental illness is decided by the medical industry which is now married to the government.

Remember that one time you went to go see a shrink because of your depression in 2009? No guns for you.

Remember how you were prescribed anxiety medication? No guns for you.

no reason for that. Why? There is this thing called 'not being able to decide for yourself' don't know the english word for people with real and serious mental illneses, like alzheimer, dementia, really serious schizophrenia etc…

When you are person with this, you cannot make your own transactions, you need someone who is taking care of you sighn instead of you. And the person taking care of you should take all your guns just for his safety anyway we are talking about people that can barely go to toilet by themself

Anything else is no reason to take guns, just as it is no reason to take your right to access your account.

It would quikcly became
no gun
no gun
no gun

Fix the system and mentally ill people won't be mentally ill anymore, mental illness is just reaction to this world

Just like sodomy, right?
As long as whites do it!!