Seasonal Depression: "And I thought I was depressed before!" Edition

Get in here, you sad faggots.

I can finally feel fall in the air down here in the South, and now I feel awful. Everything just feels so bleak now. Nothing sounds exciting anymore.

How are you guys going to make it through autumn?

I've finally gotten a goal in life, so that's what I'll be clinging to like the drowning man I am.

It's as if all the sorrow I had come to forget came back and hit me with the force of a truck
At least I have qt anime grills to look forward to at the end of the day

I'm just really hoping I'm finally over my seasonal allergies. There effect was pretty much solely inhibiting my breathing through my nose, which gets me really anxious on top of my depression.

What's your goal?

I take melatonin before bed, it helps with my nightly depression and headaches.

I actually don't mind fall. It's when there's so much snow on the ground that it's hard to walk around that I get depressed.

Autumn is fucking great.

I love that feel, and the colours are amazing.

Awful, but at least my computer runs cool.

Worst season

Still not as shit as Spring

i always feel much better when i feel winter coming
and almost like i imagine normal people must feel

pussy

Don't get me wrong, I'm from the north and I can take the cold, but Summer doesn't remind me that I have nobody to cuddle with as much as winter does.

What's the north? What's the typical low there?

In Maine the snow can pile up pretty high.

satan trips

Yeah I'd say it qualifies as north, especially inland.

nice get

I had seasonal depression (diagnosed with a trip to the funhouse) last winter but It doesn't seem to be coming back.

Been lifting weights pretty seriously now. Hopefully will get a gf.

No. Lifting won't get you a GF.

Ok lads, heres my story, my advice to you is HANG ON!

I think the best thing you can do is read Ted Kaczynski's "Industrial society and its future". He is also known as the un a /// bom er. (im paranoid here, dont want to type anything to get me on a list). I printed off his manifesto and read it at school. The next two weeks ended my depression that plagued me since I was a kid.

I quit my sport to lift weights. This is my "power process". You need to set goals and achieve at least some of them. Otherwise you will get depressed. And, unless you have some form of schizophrenia (and, I might mention, most schizoids can be completely cured by a fitness lifestyle), DO NOT TAKE MEDICATIONS! They prescribed my friend xanax and he quickly became addicted and ended up returning to the mental hospital for even more expensive drugs. The shrinks make money off of you!

I saw a psychologist for half a year at behest of my school counseler and my parents. I soon realized I left his office feeling worse than I entered! He would call me an asshole when I told him my retaliation to my parents, something any normal teenager does.

I punched my father two months ago and they were going to throw me in the hospital again. Only, I had turned 18, and they couldnt legally put me in there against my will and they knew it. THank god, now I'm a normal functioning person again. Like a "Chad" except I worry about shit still.

for many people politics is their power process. the thing is, you will never get your goals accomplished by associating with the nazis! I am for one, but I made my power process weight lifting. Then, you satisfy your mental goals, and your body is also more powerful as a result!~1111!!!

It is a huge win-win!

Start weight lifting! "Starting strength by Mark Rippetoe" and when you finish that move onto his next book program.

Im normally a mobile poster and am using a bad keyboard ATM, not retarded, just too busy to fix typos.

Alas, as for >tfw no gf, there is no substitute for this. I myself had only 1 gf so far, over the summer, but she was just kind of a plane jane. I am now looking to lose my virginity now, hopefully will work out as fast as possible, all though I have plenty of women lined up for my dick but I am rly too shy for myself unfortunately.

lifting, no, but the confidence and big frame that come with lifting, they do help a lot.

Unifag here. I'm handing it alright so far. Weekends are a pain, because I'm a fucking sperg with no friends. Although coffee is always something that helps.

With the few friends I do have, I'm worried for them. One of them has DID and gets really dark and scary at times. Last thursday she went yelling about how she thinks she's dying. She's already attempted suicide at least twice this year. She's going to see a real doctor soon, not one of those kike doctors that endorses tranny hormones and shit like that. Or at least I hope.

lifting won't stop making me a manlet.

Holy fuck user thank you for making this thread. I am genuinely excited to be alive so I can experience another kick ass change of seasons. I think I'll go outside and give thanks to some cosmic deity for the opportunity to experience all this.

Do our miserable lives make you feel better about yourself? Is that why you come here?

i come here because I like banter and dank memes. Also yes'

Here's a pape to cheer you guys up

That is pretty dank. Thanks.

additionally, the cold seasons are a good time to get some serious reading in. no friends or qt3.14's required So maybe you can actually read some Tolkien or Lovecraft this winter.

Suppliment your vitamin D faggots, seasonal depression is usually caused by it. You're welcome noobs.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Fall and winter are best, summer makes me feel like a slug and gives me a headache.
It's so lonely, it's fucking amazing. The smells in fall too, it's amazingly crisp. The night winds make your eyes widen, and you finally feel awake.
Innawoodsing is perfect, and urbexing is great too.

I'm pretty sure I've read everything by both. I'm planning on finishing the Malazan core series by December (in school so I'm reading slowly) and maybe reading the expanded the rest of the winter (since I graduate in december). But yeah it is good for that.

GET THE FUCK OUT

nah

at least you have that going on then.

True, true. I probably would've killed myself if it weren't for reading.

what do you do with your life? normally im on the kys train but im bored as fuck tonight so why not talk about it

Fall is by far the best season. Perfect temperature and the colors are dank. I have a feeling your "seasonal depression" has more to do with you being a lonely loser than it does the changing of the season.
Best advice I have to give: Convince yourself, wholeheartedly, that you will ALWAYS forever and ever be alone. Don't even seek friendship with anyone else. Once you've done this you will be entirely free. I think it helps to convince yourself that making friends with others wouldn't even really be in your best interest in the first place. But if you're in school like me, I'd try my best not to look like a socially retarded aspie. Instead, speak when spoken to and keep your hat real low. Never give any personal information about yourself to anyone. Not even favorite bands or similar stuffs. Let em know they don't mean shit to you. Take interest in nothing they have to say (easiest part).
Yes, you are going to die alone. Get over it. It isn't going to change so either find happiness in loneliness or kill yourself really.

I'm getting my BA. I have a paper I should be writing but I'm kind of waiting to try for the get. What about you?

If autumn doesn't make your dick rock hard, you're an faggot.

This is actually not such bad advice.

I'm also getting a bachelor's and avoiding doing some lab reports. I don't have class till 1:30 tomorrow though so I can squeeze by tomorrow if I have to. A girl I used to see just texted me so maybe I'll get high with her and watch westworld in like an hour.

pretty much this

It has worked wonders for me. It can actually be pretty difficult to become comfortable with the thought of being alone forever and it wasn't until I came to college that it really struck me. In high school I always thought that everything would change once I got into a university. First week passed, second week passed and I realized that it was exactly like high school. These college fucks are just as irritatingly liberal as high schoolers and just as much a bunch of knuckle dragging faggots.

The only downfall to this strategy, however, is that you will eventually begin to believe that you've found someone enjoyable to be around. You'll begin to talk on a regular basis and you'll quickly learn about each other's interests, hobbies, and all that good stuff. It won't be until you've already become far too close to one another that you'll realize that you really do live in different worlds. Years of channing has that effect on people. Allowing yourself to become close to another person will end badly. Promise.

Noice, what's your major/concentration? What's your poison? Is Westworld good?

I suppose I'm not taking it to such an extreme as you are. I have 2 people that I consider friends at school. It doesn't mean that we have that much in common and we're all fairly hermitty but drink and get high together a few times a month. No social obligations or plans though, none of us are stable enough for that.

I'll be honest, I have a two friends which I visit on the weekends every now and then. Just smoke and drink and bitch about our lives pretty much. So I guess I'm not entirely alone. Just 95% of the time

I'm studying chemistry. My poison varies a lot based on what's available. I'm not really addicted to any one thing so long as I can get high on something regularly. Tonight it'll be pot. Ehh yeah i think it's cheesy as fuck but that doesn't really bother me. Overall i'd say it's worth an hour of my week. You watching anything right now?

Someone's watched too much anime.

I could've written that using meme arrows to make it more coherent. my bad

.pic related

I do feel like that makes it a little better though.

One Piece is the only thing I watch that's running. I'm also a sports fan.

There's always time for chinese cartoons user.

I go to school in Ohio but we've got a lot of kids from Chicago who go here. I'm a cubs fan myself so I'm pretty pumped for the world series.

I can't watch baseball. I think I always spent less time watching tv when the weather's nice out so I never really looked for a spring/summer sport to watch and never acquired a taste for it. I have kind of weird mismatch of teams I root for in football/basketball, but at least I'm not a bandwagon jumper.
For football I've got: UNebraska and Philadelphia Eagles (good weekend)
For basketball I've got: UConn and New York Knicks

that is kinda weird. where are you from originally?

Connecticut, commuting distance to NY. My grandma is from nebraska and I have a bunch of distant cousins that are nutty about nebraska football and I had a relative that coached the eagles in the 40s.

are you at uconn?

Nah, but I got a semesters worth of credits from uconn when I was in highschool so it's on my transcript. The school I go to doesn't have sports.

what do you study?

Econ and math.

i revel in it.
summer is what gets me

I always wished I was good enough with math to go into it. I think it's a really cool field but I cannot accurately do arithmetic. One nice thing about physical sciences is I usually at least have a unit to inform me of fucking up

Heh, I was doing botany for a year and a half then I stopped because I couldn't handle memorizing so many latin names. I should've gone with physics or chemistry in the first place and it would've been the best of both worlds. What's hard about math is that when you get into college courses with a lot of chinese and indian kids they're miles ahead of most american kids because of what they've been exposed to.

most of the foreign kids at my school are either royalty where they're from and try for C's or they're from working class families who are seriously trying to get an education. We're not a good enough university to grab any crazy smart kids. I have recently made friends with one hilarious Chinese kid. He treats women like he owns them event though he is a tiny weab, and all the girls he brings around are ridiculously strange and slutty.

OMG leik 4real AUTUMN!!1! AND!!! STUFF!!!

Do you need a safe space? Do you want to talk to someone who can help?

YOU WOULD DIE ON MARS IN A WEEK YOU WOULD NEVER MAKE IT

Kid sounds based as fuck.

He is unreal and also one of the horniest mother fuckers I've ever met. It's a little weird to see how he deals with women because it's something you'd expect out of a 60's frat house. I absolutely love it.

i just went downstairs for a cigarette and my roommate just informed me that little fuck is going on a date with two japanese chicks tomorrow. god bless him

Do the two japanese girls realize it's a date?

yes and that they're sharing him. I don't think it'll go anywhere but the idea of it is still funny as fuck to me

God damn.

what kind of hat we talking about?

It's an all black baseball cap with no logo and a brass buckle on the back

I'm more depressed during the summer months than winter. At least with winter most people stay indoors so they won't think I'm weird. I can also wear bulky clothes to cover up the fact that my body is weirdly shaped.

prescription pills and alcohol

this was me before uni. probably gonna be me afterwards too