No one cares about open source

No one cares about open source.

Linus uses a Macbook for practical purposes.

Every open source advocate (except stallman) spends all day on twitter and facebook (closed source platforms).

Software is moving into the cloud and will in the future be streamed to thin clients.

Why does the open source meme persist?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/microsoft/
github.com/ctrlcctrlv/infinity/issues/541
gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.en.html
openpgpjs.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He uses a chromebook pixel running Fedora, and his family also runs Fedora
That's called network effects
No, it hasn't, and no, it won't. Mainframes have been around since the fucking 60s and you're not going to eliminate local hardware even for word processor shit like Word/Excel.
Google and Microsoft have spent the last decade trying and their attempts at it, using the best thin-client runtime (web browsers) suck shit.
Because he loves sucking socks and debasing himself for replies.

You, and I, are individuals. I care about Free Software. Therefore, for all it matters, to me it's important and so I shall continue to use and support it.

I’d just like to interject for moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

Enough and more people does.Stop posting memes

Linus changed his PC

Even Stallman said there's no point in making the server side open sourced.He only hates their tracking and closed JS
Use their HTML website to stop using closed JS.Use VPN or some other shit to stop tracking

Cloud meme has its limits fam.

Because its relevant

github.com/microsoft/

Even microsoft is desperate to suck FLOSS developer cock to recruit decent engineers to their sinking ship. You're probably shitposting this from Firefox or Chrom(ium). This website runs on an open source software stack.

Face it, open source won.

do you even know what you are talking about, mr ebun trole man?

Molyneux do a video on "THe trouth about open source"

hi 2008

Either way it doesn't matter what hardware he was running it on, because he was still running Linux. I think now he's using a Chromebook as his laptop.

For normies, yes it definitely is happening. Speaking from my own experience with friends, google drive is preferred to local office suites, Youtube is preferred to a local music collection, etc.

No one cares about IBM, no one cares about Microsoft, soon no one will care about Apple.

Why does the backdoorable source meme persist?

Probably because Microsoft actually knows a thing or two about smart software interface design

Jesus, I remember back in the mid 90s and into the 2000s the academic community praised Microsoft and the Windows NT kernel because without it the world would've been stuck using UNIX. It was a new and original system that reignited academic interest in Operating System research

In fact, I'd say people only started to give a fuck about Linux after they started taking pages from Microsofts book

Maybe for shit that isn't actually work, like a high school english paper.
Try convincing even lowly secretaries to abandon their office install and they'll tell you to fuck off. I know plenty of IT guys get shit when they upgrade a version that changes a few things on the ribbon.

8/8

Oh, and convincing companies who have IP worth two shits to use these services? lmao
Yeah, no. SaaS thin clients will be for shit of no consequence. Good luck convincing everyone else to abandon their local software and capable hardware.

Link the source to alacrity, and all the other shit codemonkey has added. You can't. Which is why czaks has a thread here butthurt about it. This site is a closed source botnet

See
github.com/ctrlcctrlv/infinity/issues/541

Why do winbabbies continue to endure W10's battery-wasting, bandwidth-wasting, performance-impairing, data-mining integrated malware that no one wants? What do you mean Microsoft doesn't let you disable it? And why does your lock screen display ads? What? You can't turn those off either? Why is Cortana always listening? Don't tell me, it can't be disabled.

You should have tried harder.

gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.en.html

Well said user, very inspirational. Let us not lose our sense of purpose in the face of tyranny. The future we work for is not ours alone but that of all humanity!

Decent bate, fagmuch.
Open Source != Free* Software
* Free as in freedom. :^)
Heil Hurd

no wonder OP is uninformed in every regard

You can't win against the industry standard.

Adobe Photoshop / InDesign / Lightroom ...
Microsoft Word / PowerPoint / Excel ...
Avid Pro Tools
Final Logic Pro / Final Cut Pro
DirectX 12
QuarkXPress
Autodesk

They decide which OS you need.

The power of industry standards.

yes but they'll still be people who prefer fat clients

who still gives a flying fuck about normies? one of the biggest errors of the FOSS community has been trying so hard to make things user-friendly from a normie perspective, even if that meant sacrificing security, and the result was that neither normies started using foss software nor we got better security. imho, normies can fuck off and keep sucking bigcorps' dick, we have to start back to build shit that is as autist as possible

perfect comment

openpgpjs.org/

TP

Kek. It'll die along wangblows when people will finally realize they're being sold to advertisers and fucking updates mess their workflow every 7 minutes.

Vulkan is better in every single regard except usage rate, yet.

Shouldn't you be busy defending the right of ISPs to not upgrade from 1.5 Mbps DSL and data caps while eating up state and local grants to buy unused stockpiles of fibre optics?