Normie-Con International

Who's ready for this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief1/b/jim_hill/archive/2016/07/21/women-in-animation-panels-prove-that-there-s-more-to-san-diego-comic-con-than-just-promotion-of-pop-culture.aspx
archive.is/EtccL#selection-312.0-312.1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Autism is ready.

I heard the lines are pretty bad. Are there better conventions?

Tons are better

I usually stay away from headliners like NYCC or SDCC because they're just glorified stores. If you're going there for a good time or to meet people you're gonna have a pretty shitty time.

The only disadvantage is that it's hard to find other good comic conventions. Kinda sucks going to anime cons in a cape cosplay.

I don't care unless the trailers leak as hard as my grandma.

She had alzheimers. :(

I personally have no issues with an anime con, really. I'd imagine that the hardcore faggots won't ever go to an anime con because…

But I'm pretty nervous, I really want to go to a convention, be it a tech related one or something related to comics/cartoons/manga/anime, I just want to have fun, make some new friends and maybe get a little swag.

If you want fun, you go to a smaller con. Comic-con is equivalent to E3. Nobody goes there but insiders and casuals.

In your experience, are smaller cons also cheaper? If it is, I'm gonna start saving up like right fucking now.

I've had to pay $40-$50 bucks for three day passes for smaller conventions.

Go look for something within your state.

Fuck, I'd better check my area. I got at least three major cities either in my state or in a neighboring state. I'm getting hyped as fuck.

Edge edge Power rangers teaser trailer when?

This has nothing to do with Holla Forums, and nothing to do with this thread. Go to Holla Forums.

At 2:30 PM tomorrow.

So many delightful things await us this comic-con. So many.

I just watch a bunch of trains fight crime.

What the hell . . . How did DC think this was a good idea?

Because autism.

It's not about the quality, it's about the profits!

That's a big train

Anyone been to Baltimore comic-con, how is it? I really just want Frank Cho and Neal Adams to sign my shit. Not looking forward to the 10 hour drive though.

So the master plan not only involves planes but trains now ?

I would only buy one of these if I could get a Power Girl train. Complete with the massive tits.

I couldn't stop laughing through out that whole thing.

IMAGINE THE BANEPOSTING POSSIBILITIES

Wait one fucking minute here

If there is a god of chaos he will schedule a zombie run and BLM chimpout at same time

WE'RE ON THE BANE TRAIN NOW BOYS

If I take you off the rails, will you die?

Tell me about Train, why does he wear the mask?

It would be very painful.

Derailing this train… WITH NO SURVIVORS.

No redditor, you are the normalfag.

They have Wonder Woman, Starfire, Raven, and Poison Ivy trains.

Who the fuck is going to buy Reaper and Bat-Gordon figures for $20 a pop?

Nickelodeon's booth is here to remind you that the 90's ended over a decade ago.

>who is more powerful than a locomotive

THIS IS BULLSHIT.

Now we need one for Poison Ivy and Wonder Woman.

HOLY SHIT, THE FUCKIN' REAPER

I–I might.

I'd rather have a 3 1/2 inch figure of him instead of a six inch monstrosity.

This goes the same for all of Batman's villains. A collectable line of pocket sized, comic accurate Batman rogues would be an amazing thing.

I'm with you there, that is more my scale. But I'd love to have a Reaper. I got Batman: Year Two for my birthday when I was a kid, and I loved his design.

What are they going to do with all this stuff when the con ends?

Burn it.

You could also volunteer or staff at the con. I worked Fanime for 5 years (non-sequential) and towards the end of it got some friends to work my shift with me. I know it's not a Holla Forums convention but you can still swing it. My gf is volunteering for SDCC as we speak. Free tickets every day she works.

For Fanime it was an 8-hour shift each official day of the con (Fri-Sat-Sun) and the rest of the time was yours. Used to be you could jump lines with a staff badge but not anymore (you can still get into shit like Artists' Alley and the Gaming Hall even if it's at capacity though IIRC). Also you get dirt-cheap rooms but you have to share with other staff (which is no problem if you and a few friends go). Me and a bud split a last-minute hotel staff room between us: Two Queens for $99 a night, attached to the convention center.

Sure, you work, but it has its perks. Just work the game room or something. If you've got a skill/talent for tech you'll be worth your weight in gold anywhere.

I worked stage crew during the graveyard shift and we would play movies/animes/AMVs and shit during the time we weren't on-stage. Most of the shifts were spent playing DS games I'd picked up at the swap meet.

Are those Motion Revive figures ?

Sounds like some Holla Forumsmrades predictions about it being another Teen Titans Go! are ringing true.

any reason why CN is at war with 23 minutes format, Quality animation, actual plots and action toons in genreal?

No. They're Bandai H.G.C.O.R.E.

Is this a poor mans BATB?

Too expensive.

I think we can abandon the idea of JL: ACTION being the next BTAS or BATB.

I could go for that, honestly i like a fucking little kid seeing all the dumb characters only me and half a duzen people remember about getting referenced by modern DC. I mean, I loved the "the history we wished you would forget" aspect of BATB.

Nick's been like that for a while, after years of ignoring its back catalog

They still don't realize Faust is now a joke

????

That exchange makes we wish we had a movie where BATB Batman teams up with BTAS Batman to stop the theft of the multiverse.

WUT?

jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief1/b/jim_hill/archive/2016/07/21/women-in-animation-panels-prove-that-there-s-more-to-san-diego-comic-con-than-just-promotion-of-pop-culture.aspx

THEY INSULT OUR ETERNAL PAL!

I live 112 miles from comic con.

Fuck that shit. I'm gonna go to del taco and eat a BRC.

living the dream.

downside, there's an anime convention near me now. Called Anime LA, it's full of anime fags and furries. They are infecting my city. pls sent help.

check the dumpsters.

Ironic. The Star crew didn't take too kindly the last time it was implied they were "struggling" in a "male dominated industry".

Clickbait sites would later crop out the sassy comeback and use this image to decry sexism in animation.

clearly sockpuppets.

Here's what the Hey Arnold reboot movie will look like

Thank god they didn't change the art style much.

fuck off leddit

It's seems Nickelodeon understands the need for visual consistency when embarking on decade old projects.

Pray to god for no more PPG tier disasters.

You're a big train.

It looks good.

*train whistle* *train whistle*

Wonder if they'll have the part Craig talked about, where Arnold reveals his last name

I thought it wasShortman

Yeah, that's what he said

>For . . . CHOO CHOO!

I know where I live CN would premiere new episodes of the Puff Girls (and I think others like SU) with just a single 11 minute episode (followed by another rerun cartoon like We Bare Bears) instead of two 11 minute episodes to fill up a normal half hour timeslot.

So maybe doing it that way allows them to stretch out a new season/show for longer. As well as getting good ratings for the show following it.

That shirt, wow . . .

fuck

So the Jungle Movie's gonna be a reboot now?

I like how there's subtle changes, but the characters are still faithful to their original designs. Gerald's hair looks way better than his old haircut.

Sounds interesting.

Iron Fist trailer.

Revival at least

For what purpose?

90s nostalgia

The only thing I can think of looking at this is "Not Iron Fist". It looks like they're trying to make Daredevil, but Iron Fist, like they did with Jessica Jones. But where Jessica's deal was pretty dark before, I doubt the whole "grim and serious" thing is going to work for someone that looks like this.

Although I shouldn't be surprised after people were alright with Marvel making movies out of
that were nothing like the source material. Marvel seems to just keep making big dumb movies with lots of special effects, and whenever they don't fuck up, casuals praise them.

This really feels too little too late

Oh brother

archive.is/EtccL#selection-312.0-312.1