Microsoft Removes Group Policy in Windows 10

ghacks.net/2016/07/28/microsoft-removes-policies-windows-10-pro/

tl;dr: You can no longer disable ads on Windows 10.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products
ghacks.net/2016/07/26/you-will-use-cortana-says-microsoft/
ghacks.net/2016/07/29/you-can-still-grab-a-free-windows-10-upgrade-after-july-29-2016/
8ch.net/tech/w7tele.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

GET REKT WANGBLOWS USERS
Why Linux isn't the most popular OS right now is beyond me.

I'm confused. Do you mean Ublock Origin won't work anymore, or are there built in ads part of the "Windows 10 experience" itself? If it's the latter, Micosoft needs to die already.

Yes, no joke, people are paying to have ads plastered over their screens, this is what it's come to.

I honestly don't believe it. I really don't. Is this how they're going to save their dying company? When all the boomers die off, and all millennial fags use a mac, the year of the Linux desktop will be here.

You know what the sad part is? All the disgruntled Windows users will move to Mac, instead of Ubuntu, Mint, etc.

People already pay to have ads shoved down their throats. Cable TV, cell phones, etc

There will be tons of normalfags that accept this as the new norm

Why did 2007 have to happen?

I guess you can always pirate the enterprise edition, since that can still remove ads

Or you could, you know, stop being a cuck and use an OS that respects your freedom.

2007 wasn't where it started, that's when shit just intensified.

forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products

Muh games

Sometimes I have to ask myself if iCarly is really worth it.

Every time I think Windows can't possibly get any worse they find a way. How do they do it?

Good goy

Enjoy your safe space nigger.

I don't condone what Microsoft did here, but please stop assuming things based on clickbait urls.

What they disabled was the following functionality:

• The ability to disable "Consumer experience", aka an easy setting to disable all the third party apps in one go, and prevent them from being readded by windows updates, as well as turn off anything related to "personalized recommendations" and "notifications about the users microsoft account"
• The ability to disable "Windows Tips"
• The ability to completely disable the lockscreen, the ability to force a default lockscreen image and the ability to block users from changing lockscreen image,
• The ability to completely disable Windows Store and third party apps that's has been installed by it

It however DOES NOT:

• Prevent you from disabling lockscreen ads (Windows Spotlight)
• Prevent you from turning off start menu suggestions (windows store ads)
• Prevent you from uninstalling third party apps
• Prevent you from using gpedit.msc/regedit.msc

There is absolutely nothing on tv even close to worth watching. Keep paying to let jews spam you with ads though, cuck

And yet I find things I enjoy watching!

Come on goy its current year.

What's funnier this is being done on the "Pro" version, leaving the Enterprise version the only decent version available.

Cortana can no longer be disabled.

ghacks.net/2016/07/26/you-will-use-cortana-says-microsoft/

It will be funny to see how much more control Microsoft takes away now that Windows 10 will no longer be free after today supposedly. Wouldn't put it past Microsoft to extend the deadline in hopes of gaining more users, but we will see what happens. I guarantee Windows 10 gets worse and worse over time though once they stop giving it out for free and people are essentially stuck with it.

From the looks of it, they want any business to move to the Enterprise version while everyone else is stuck on home and pro with less controls.

Would make sense seeing as they're going to start charging $7 per month per PC to use Windows 10 Enterprise.
They don't want enterprises to be able to skirt by using Windows 10 Pro from an upgraded Windows 7/8 Pro license.

Okay so I just read up on this "Anniversary Update", and to be honest it's starting to scare me now.
Particularly this sentence:

So first they take away the user's ability to disable Cortana, and then they give her the ability to read everything you type. All for the sake of "assisting the user".

None of those are any different from what Google already does

That'll kill adoption rates among small and mid-sized companies. Won't be surprised if there's a spike in pirated versions.

ghacks.net/2016/07/29/you-can-still-grab-a-free-windows-10-upgrade-after-july-29-2016/

I TOOOOOOLD U

They made the link harder to find so that HP and DELL don't get mad that normies can just "upgrade" their OS instead of buying a whole new machine like they always do. But I'll bet they'll make the link more obnoxious after Christmas when HP and DELL have sold all their laptops to college kids.

oh god the schadenfreude is just too much

or they stay with/move back to with windows 7 or start using lunux/mac

I know Dell is offering linux on their laptops. So if business' decide to go that route instead of upgrading to W10, adoption for linux will increase and hopefully spur more applications to go cross-platform.

that's not saying much

Doesn't that new merchant picture have something inside?

No. Are you fucking retarded?

I think that we will see Windows apps run on a terminal while the average corporate wageslave use a flavor of GNU/Linux. Year of the GNU/Linux desktop!

No, 2007 was where it started.

tfw still on 8.1 masterrace

Nice bait.

People actually put up with this shit

You can't argue with a Wintard. They are the worst kind of denialist there are.

Gonna roll back to Windows 7 for my gayman PC. Which updates do I avoid?

Google it faggot. The worst updates are literally plastered everywhere, and the rest you can just find yourself by looking up the update for yourself on microsoft's website.

8ch.net/tech/w7tele.html

Thanks

Perfect. This is great

Yes, the ability for those that know exactly where it was first released to track how, when, and where it gets propagated. Holy fuck, you have to be a particular kind of moron to have downloaded it considering the warnings that were in the original thread telling people not to download it and explaining why. That guy's a fucking retard or a nigger or both.

I'm a little curious to see what facts you have to back up your assertions. Mind sharing them?

I guess I should be happy I didnt 'upgrade'?

Hopefully by the time my W8.1 stops being supported they'll have a Windows XI that does away with all this nonsense

There are no facts, this retard has been shitting up Holla Forums with mindless paranoia to stop people from downloading images. He's butthurt as fuck that A Wyatt Mann came to post with us.

People on Holla Forums using Wangblows for anything else than gaming should just kill themselves already...

People on Holla Forums using retarded terms like Wangblows should just kill themselves already...

People on Holla Forums using Wangblows for anything should just kill themselves already...

People on Holla Forums using gaymen should just kill themselves already...

People on Holla Forums should just kill themselves already...

People should just kill themselves already...

Miss me yet?

Still better than the pajeet currently ruining microsoft.