It's the (((current year))), Holla Forums...

It's the (((current year))), Holla Forums. Explain to me why you're still using OS with a monolithic kernel instead of sexy OS such as MINIX with a microkernel

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LWMcENSpB1A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because I don't like you.

back to /g/, shitposter

You know why.

No micro kernel project has the driver support and general performance and compatibility of Linux.

Except NT I guess, but fuck Windows.

Cancer like you is why this board has gone to shit.

L4 is pretty fast but yea, drivers are a real problem on all microkernels

And don't forget qnx/blackberry 10

as much as i'd like to minix doesn't have a graphical web browser

Because I want to use my computer for more than reading and calculating shit.

Drivers, I have some pretty shitty hardware and no money for an upgrade. Otherwise I would seriously consider a microkernel.

NORMALFAG GET OUT

For niche OS support you would probably need a downgrade, matey.

Hush hush, little kikelet, get back into your >>>/oven/. Look at that grin on his face, this guy must be diddling little children in his windowless van.

you're a fucking nigger

Because microkernels are fundamentally retarded. What good does isolating a driver on ring 1 do when the hardware can designate any area of physical memory for shitting on? You catch some minor programming mistakes but pay a huge cost in complexity and performance to still fail to keep a bad driver from taking out the whole system.

no

it reduces the attack surface

microkernels are a meme

fuck off cia nigger

That's exactly what a retard CIA nigger would say

bah humbug

Because everyone is still fighting the last was and making a 1970's mainframe because a tractor trailor has 20 gears.
The last good computer was Amiga, but TempleOS wants to be a modern C64.
youtube.com/watch?v=LWMcENSpB1A

They tried to microkernel during the xp to vista transition.

They patched it to be more and more monolithic over time.

Only smart people can even hope to do microkernels and now Microsoft is almost entirely curry nigger.

If I get a sane OS in return, it would be an upgrade, lel. Point is that I can't afford hardware right now.

a microkernel is like docker, right? docker provides the best reliability for microservices

Is this bait?

what