Crossed, presented by Buzzfeed

Storytime of

Crossed: Badlands (Issues 91 - 92)

Comics, like a lot of media, have been changing both in content and tone. Nowadays, a lot of comic books have seemed to gone out of their way to show just how diverse, tolerant and accepting they are. The industry seems to be polarized on whether we truly are heading to a comic utopia of all different shapes and sizes, or if we are being plagued by novice writers and artists scooped up from Comics Alliance that have a new-age, college liberal mentality coupled with a vitriolic hatred for Caucasians and by extension, the audience they write for.

Comics have shown evidence of this, with male heroes being replaced by spunky Buffy-wannabes who quip about men on the internet who say mean things about them, or Sam Cap flying above all-white, all-male protestors who hate him just because he's black and a bird. Sometimes comics go a little further, with Hellcat saying how men are just ugh the worst i cant even or how Angela, Queen of Hel has to fight the evil patriarch who won't stop yelling [misogynist filth].

"But it's not good enough for comics to spit in my face after I give them money for 22 pages of Nissan ads for who knows how many years of my life!", you say, voice shaking like the spittle drenched on your face. "It's one thing for comics to hate their audience, but I want to be actively attacked!"

Well, say no more, you goddamned lunatic. Thankfully, Crossed, the comic known for it's over the top gore and depictions of rape, is also very feminist friendly! Yes, the comic that on it's first issue showed a child being ripped apart while her parents were being ass fucked in front of her is now going to try for the social justice crowd of young girl activist bloggers.

Sounds like two different worlds, but it's only fair to give it a shot, right Holla Forums?

Gore is a mainstay in this series, but I'll spoiler anything that's too intensive.

The world was just about to achieve justice for women and ethnic minorities, until the crossed virus hit, ultimately decimating the human populace. Our story takes place in a comic shop, with four straight white males lamenting that there's no more comics.

Yes, this is going to be that blatant.

Nope. I'm not reading this shit. Three pages in, and I'm out

The all-white, all-male comic fans are sad because the loss of their heroes made them lose a bit of themselves. Through the stories, they could be empower themselves even though girls rejected them for being fat.

Luckily, they have an all-new, all-different female comic book writer that they've imprisoned in a rape room to draw more comics for them! Said brave female writer was just trying to get into this business and bring female readers into the hobby.

But the men don't like that at all, with their amazon thighs being pushed out for the exact same Whendonesque female character being shoved in their face over and over and over and over again. And if you don't like that, you're probably a rapist. Or Frank Cho, who the Mary Sue tells me is a rapist.

The comic book fans demand the lady that they routinely rape at gunpoint draw more comics for them, a new comic to help them cope in this hellish new world. She says okay.

She gets to work! Behold, the new hero that'll put an end to the crossed menace!

Anti-Crossed, the hero who does not like the crossed, viciously assaults them with blades and the onlookers are impressed by his immunity to the disease.

The slovenly comic nerds critique this new hero and are ultimately pleased by it. See, female writers are a good thing!

It seems like Leigha is started to get comfortable in her position as a heralded comic author and gets more privileges around the comic shop. But it looks like two new gay characters are coming into play here. Will this change the dynamic?

Leigha keeps sassing the people who rape her at gunpoint on a daily basis and the main white male, Lance, gets annoyed and decides to rape her. So, she finishes the new comic.

Don't worry, this rape is only off-screen, unlike the fully depicted earraping of a male character just pages prior.

Leigha, brave woman as she is, depicts Anti-Crossed stopping a cross raping while delivering a very staunch message to teach men not to rape. If only they could learn!

Upset by this, Lance decides to almost rape her again until the two gay characters decide to enter the comic store. I wonder how this will play out!

First, a little backstory on Leigha, just so you're all aware how hard it is being a feminist in this harsh, male dominated business.

But enough about that shit, have you all read Stitched yet?! Man, that comic is waaaaaayyy too intense for Lance, and he rapes daily! Only someone even more extreme can read a comic like that! Is that….you?

The comic shop hosts the two gay men to dinner and are very tolerant of their sexuality, probably because they're men.

Why do these sjws infest these mediums like weevils and never make original content to push their agendas

Because they're creatively sterile.

Reminds me of how few, if any, mediums ever show scientist or even author vampires. They're just parasites.

For some reason, Holla Forums will not let me post the remaining pages. I will try to do what I can to rectify this.

What did he mean by this?

Open them on paint, or GIMP, scribble a bit and save it as another filename, worked for me a few times.

You just have to change one pixel. Or your first image in the post can be something that hasn't been posted yet. Most people use a single random colored pixel. File names have nothing to do with hash checking.

Its a sign from the website gods. Its feeling sick. I doesn't want more.

Oy. shut it

Seriously, you ever see a vampire in any story who did good things for the world, or even their local community? No, I'm not counting Vlad the Impaler pre-vampirization.

Oh, I did that just in case.
Better be safe than sorry i guess.

Because it makes you feral? There are plenty of good vampires. Its just wanky and beats the perpose of vampires.

There we go. Thank you for waiting.

Anyways, Leigha shares the new issue of Anti-Crossed with the gay man and he seems to love it a lot, but just what is on these pages?

Regis in the Witcher series

Oh, I thought it was one of those retarded TVTrope tier expressions that I go out of my way to ignore. The way you phrased it was somewhat off.

If you want to get into animes and manga there are vampires that are scientists, super heroes, mecha pilots/rapists, and authors.

Why do chinks like vampires so much if they go out of their way to make them act as little like vampires as possible?

I'm sorry for all the time wasted just trying to post these files. The website itself has declared itself a misogynist and would not like you to see this comic. However, much like the brave Leigha, I will push forward for the sake of diversity.

Anyways, Leigha's comic is out and the hero Anti-Crossed the comic fans look up to while jerking themselves off turns out to be trans, Barbara!

…A twist so bad I banged my head against the wall by reflex.

This shit so so poorly conceived and awkwardly put together that it whiffed right past timely satire and social commentary and landed squarely on the other side of the proverbial town in confusion territory.

What follows in the Leigha's comic is Anti-Crossed horribly mutilating the comic fans with a dildo and then ripping them in half, pulling their hearts through their asses, making their severed heads kiss, and then high-fiving the brave feminist author while calling the comic fans bigots.

I might just start damaging my wall at this point. That or my head.

Lance, enraged at the All-New, All-Different Anti-Crossed starts threatening Leigha and the two gay men with death. The situation gets out of hand.

Please note that no one in this story is infected with the disease that turns you into a murderous psychopath, they're murderous psychopaths by proxy since they're white and male.

Leigha hits Lance with a stapler and continues to do so. Lance tries to tell her that she's a social justice warrior, however, she is still a warrior, proud in her feminist beliefs. Lance is no match for this and dies to stapling. This is a victory for women in comics everywhere, including the 4 female Crossed fans.

Somehow, the parody comic within a comic was not as bad as this hamfisted retardation.

And no one seeks to help R-Lance. As if he would need help against someone so weakened in a better story.

After murdering the straight white male comic book fans, the gay gentleman lets the brave feminist know that she's his hero.

The comic ends with the bodies of the violent rapist white male nerd comic books fans immolated in the comic book shot with a lasting shot of Anti-Crossed giving a big middle finger to anyone who's a bigot.

Im not even mad, not even a little bit angry, im dissapointed.
In essencw it wasnt a bad idea, apocalypse hits and a small group get trapped inside a store, the girl becomes a prisoner for the guys and tries to find a way out of there while one of the guys who likes her tries to help.
It could've worked but this is comic books and as such, shitty writers are the common currency.
So of course we would have a quippy, sassy woman who doesnt take shit from no one, not even her captor who are laughably one dimensional and parody like.
Of course we would have ham fisted lite political commentary, mocking of the reader base, snarky comments on how the industry pushes down the poor opressed minority and a "brave" and "powerful" mouth piece protagonist to drive the points home.

I expected nothing and Im still dissapointed.

Jesus, that's cold.

who also helped chain her and raped her and made her go a2m

Would he have helped them if he wasnt under gunpoint pressure? His buddy sure got gun-happy pretty quickly.

there goes my suspension of disbelief

What kind of question is that? The safe bet was to stick with the man holding the gun. Instead, he actively put himself on the line of fire and risked his life to thwart his former friend and save the girl.

Oh a feminist taking an established franchise and eschewing anything that made it good to turn it into a platform for their socio-political ideology? Color me fucking surprised.

what pisses me off the most is how right is. This idea could have been done well. Part of the appeal of apocalyptic fiction is that is can be used to illustrate the worst, and the best, of humanity when put into stressful situations. Im not mad that she had the men take a women hostage and take advantage of her. What makes me mad is that they are not portrayed as anything other than on dimensional "white males" who have always been psychopaths who deserve everything that's coming to them. What makes me mad is that the protagonist is portrayed as a smart, sassy heroine who's right in everything she does, and whom everyone who isn't a straight, white, male misogynist loves and sees as a hero.

It is so painfully obvious that this vacuous cunt Max Bemis wants so desperate to live vicariously through this character. I haven't read any of his other works, but can I assume its the same sort of thing? Maybe slightly toned down, but still essentially the same?

TLDR, This comic is bad and it's creators should feel bad.

Requesting that Buzzfeed's name be forever changed to Pozzfeed instead.

I am baffled. This reads like it should be some sort of high-level meta-parody. Like, she's crapping on comic books, via her comic book, that she wrote in a comic book. It has all the trappings, but it just ends up vacuous.

Maybe horseshoe theory applies to quality as well? As something transcends normal garbage, it takes on more similarities to well-written book, but never quite bridges that gap at the top of the horseshoe.

Also, I'm unfamiliar with this series. Is the infection a cross b/c the author views Christianity as some sort of malevolent disruption to civilization?

wtf was that. i didn't think it was possible to scewup a gore comic so bad.

What the writer was trying for here? like a meta: You the comic reader are evil for buying comics and funding me to write comics angle or idontfuckingknow

I can't even say I am pissed off, because I didn't even like Crossed to begin with. All I feel is embarrassment for this Bemis cuck and anyone who praised it (fucking Bleeding Cool). I mean… How can SJWs look at this and even feel proud of themselves?

The author is a fedora edgelord just so you know what his politics are, though its not made clear in the book what is the infection's nature.

Oh really? A m'lady defending fedora? I bet he probably gets on his knees to suck muslim cuck like so many atheists do nowadays and probably only sees Christianity as a "toxic religion". Now that I'm connecting the dots, I can see why so many things are the way they are in this shit comic.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Crossed now a series written by like a bunch of different people? So this feminist shlocke was written by someone unaffiliated with the original author I think.

As much as I hate to call anything in Crossed 'subtle', the political angle and commentary about Christianity was pretty low beyond some symbolism here and there from what I'd read of it originally.

Most of the Crossed stories had that sort of fedora tipping taking a backseat to the turbo edgy shit taking place, and tearing down the mental state of the protagonists.

I found a picture of the writer and holy shit I'm the opposite of surprised.

Indeed it is. The series was created by Garth Ennis, and couple of different writers got involved. Max Bemis happened to be the most SJW of them all that couldn't even keep his politics in check from injecting it in the story in the most embarrassing way possible.

He probably is like that, though I haven't seen it myself (only saw anons on Holla Forums talking about it), but to his credit, he kept this shit out of Crossed.

I looked up his Wikipedia page and it has no mention of his involvement with Crossed. Funnily, there are couple of other comics he wrote that nobody cared about, yet it doesn't even reference the one thing he is famous for: this disaster.

Probably because we're the only ones who actually read it.

Well, BleedingCool, the shills that they are, were praising him for writing the most brutal satire ever, and taking delight that even leftism could ruin something deliberately edgy as Crossed while poking fun at le ebul uait mails.

Even less people read Bleeding Cool.

literally who?

Oh, Ennis? That makes a lot of sense, then. I don't think he genuinely hates Christianity, but some of his stuff gives the impression that he's stuck in the 80's or 90's, when church marms were clutching their pearls over D&D and such. Like some teenager who can't wait to see Mrs. Henderson freak out over the sketch of Jesus crucified on a Swastika on the back of the test he just turned in. It starts to wear thin, after a while.

I didn't think it could get anymore hamfisted than the first page, yet it did.
This is some embarrassingly bad power fantasy wank.

On the first page when it says a bunch of crap about humanity becoming enlightened towards women, gays, and homos, my inner Holla Forums said: This HAD to have been written by a Jew, I have a feeling about this." Then going straight to his wiki, and that's one of the first things mentioned about his early life.

I just started getting back into comics, have these types of SJW writers always been so hamfisted with their propaganda? I would expect better writing and more thought in a comic series aimed at adults

lol

I don't think that's exactly how cigarettes work.

He genuinely does hate christianity. Or at least he did back in the 90s. He blamed
on it instead of it being just a poorly reasoned excuse for the bog niggers and the sassenach to hate each other like they always have.

Fuck i thought crossed was like 5 mini series and a digital spin off.

How much edgy shit can you keep shitting out for 90+ issues?

It's structured as an anthology, meaning that you can have any number of short arcs focusing on different groups of survivors.

Crossed is awful and so tryhard edgy. Only sick fucks who think this is clever satire read this.

Also, why are the regular muslims in this comic wearing a cross on their face?

You guys never really got the message about how the "Crossed" are bad and will destroy the world? It's not like the comic was never progressive. Hell, there are lots of fedora-tier comments about christianity which are as cringeworthy as that other fuck using three pages of his comic to defend Israel.

Oh, the crossed comic I've been hearing and reading about for so long. Should I torture my soul and read all of it even if I'll get an overdose of CoolAid? Or should I spare my sanity and just discuss it without reading it?

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF…

I haven't read Badlands, but I decided to check out the first story and I thought it was alright.

But I guess the original goal of the story got lost when other people just started seeing how much shock gore they could draw. Are there any Crossed stories that are good?

It's nice that this sort of stuff is universally accepted by people, but god forbid if an anime shows girls taking a bath or going swimming. Then people bust out the pitchforks and start screaming about degeneracy and pedophilia and sexualization and fap bait.

You think shitty comics made for edgy american teens could be good?

didnt you get the memo? blood, guts and gore are a-okay but sexiness is not allowed.

And I thought the Badlands story involving a douche, a STRONK WOMYN, dumbass yokels and fat Crossed children in a summer camp was the worst Crossed story so far.

But sexual content is allowed as long as it's Western. It doesn't matter if it's cleavage or children getting anally raped, anything and everything is accepted. As long as it's Western.

there's no issue that isn't rape rape gore

that's the only content this shitty series ever has

think of the eye-rollingest shit Garth Ennis ever wrote, and expect worse than that

((Max Bemis))

pure coincidencie goy

Didn't bother reading this shit, I honestly wish all these comic hacks lose their jobs and have to suck dick for a living

Also

No balls…..

Someone should take her meds…

Well if his a late 40s genX fag then he probably is stuck in that time

Probably forcing his kid into HRT so he can boast about having a trans-child on twitter

You know what the irony is? that this kind of jews used to break up from that environment and make fun of it

This bitch on the other hand is so well indoctrinated that he eats the shit with a spoon

THE WORLD IS FUCKED

EITHER SIDE WE ARE ALL FUCKED

Soo.. a kike saves the world?

Jap think of vampires as basically beautiful aristocratic oni. It's a culture thing, like how the west insists on representing Hades as being Satanic

Except for ones from this show, though these are more like ghouls for all the flesh they consume with the blood.

And Alucard himself is practically a demon.

I swear to god they did it on purpose

Well, Hellsing actually have pretty accurate vampires, from the zombie ones of the original myths to the allmighty and scary creature Dracula was supposed to be.

I see the first two pages all the time on this site.

I didn't see that third bit until now though. Fucking hell that's retarded.

So that third page is from this one too? This one keeps on fucking giving!

Wew

ALL MEN ARE EVIL
SHE KNOWS HER WAY
HER NAME IS NOTIMPORTANT

The faggot should get with the times; in the modern era it's secular, dyed-hair, post-postmodernist, college graduate, liberal adult-children who are pushing for "moral majority" censorship and repressive media watchdog antics, and they are far, far more extreme, irrational, and successful than the church-going soccer moms scared of "Satanism" ever were.

This panel made me laugh.
Because it's truthful
Even if the writers don't know it