Newfag looking for oldfag answer

Was Holla Forums ever actually good?

Turtle thread. Preferably cute ones.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11471521
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm a certifiable oldfag(been here since 2009, I think I finally deserve to be called oldfag) and Holla Forums was good when it wasn't full of dicks and people saying "derp I'm not gay, FEMININE PENIS" or some retarded shit. fags will burn in hell
If you want good Holla Forums, read meme articles on encyclopedia dramatica and try to find Holla Forums's new board/websites

No

There were times when i enjoyed Holla Forums more than others, but it was never good. To suggest that it ever was is to go against the basic principles of Holla Forums, which includes but is not limited to: OP is a faggot, tits or gtfo, MODS = FAGS, and milhouse is not a meme.

I've been channing since 2011. Even the barren graveyard that is Holla Forums's Holla Forums is enjoyable if you know how to enjoy things. What you'll notice if you pay attention is Holla Forums's Holla Forums is very lifeless and uninspired but largely lacking in cancer, while current 4chan's Holla Forums is relatively much more lively and positive but overrun with cancer. There was a time where the positive traits of both existed in a state that largely outweighed the negatives. Old halfchan's Holla Forums was extremely cultural and creative. You can look through old pictures of all kinds of screencapped epic moments and memes. By comparison this site is absolutely bankrupt of anything resembling culture or creativity. There have been no new memes out of either of these websites for years

It was more enjoyable and interesting but it wasn't the paradise newfags think it was

Be has always been shit, but it used to be fun shit. I'm not saying this to get some bullshit level of respect for my level of basement dwelling, but I started going to 4chan when it was a newborn. Maybe a month after it was created and it has always been a hive a dipshits, I have seen some insane fucking threads throughout my time in this shithole from RL murders documented, to robberies. 4chan Holla Forums used to be wild. You can find a decent thread here and there still, but pretty hard to find between all the dicks and cartoons of naked Japanese children. I will say I have faith in 8ch Holla Forums. I am seeing thread quality here. It's not as fast but you can have a conversation or debate with out wading through all the cock.

I'm way too high to be typing.. I meant "Holla Forums has always been shit"

I think Holla Forums was pretty good in mid 2015, before we got flooded with shitposters, like Banifag and Barthhomo and I don't know, the rest of those queers… And before the Pedopocolypse™ which killed our PPH and chased away alot of good posters who got spooked thinking the Pedopocolypse™ was a sign of things to come, and generally didn't want to deal with the shitposter hellhole Holla Forums had become again.

You did have to deal with pedoshit, but it was all legal and they mainly stayed in their own threads, but for the most part most threads were good and Holla Forums was fast but not too fast.

It's actually kind of been alright recently, but now it seems the pedos are back. So I guess we'll have to see what happens.

Thank you, sir or madam, I will. I like your post, and I think you are certainly an oldfag.
Sorry for the late reply.

I thank you all as well. I consider all of your posts.

Confirmed newfag 9/10 for not calling it Holla Forums

2008 cuckchan faggot here, the Holla Forums was never good meme is partly true, although cuckchan before project chanology was a magical place. Constant raids, top banter and everyone fairly redpilled. To be fair the cancer had already taken hold and it was a slow and painful death, but back then the internet hate machine really was a force to be reckoned with. You actually had to lurk every day to keep up with happenings and memes rather than a bunch of faggots from reddit just reading articles on ed and downloading memes from nigger sites.

Holla Forums was always shit but it was at least entertaining. Nowadays it is a shell of its former self. Then again times were different back then, cancer has infected all society and everyone is on the internet so I guess this is the end result.

I am NOT John Jacob Jingleheimer

Depends on what America achieves in their plans for world dominance. You keep it clean and tidy but after a while you get lazy and make a mess everywhere. Backups are good. Some people remember it only when HDD crashes. A man of European ancestry puts a paper on a car - it's floaty and I see myself as 16 in a hallway in love with a girl like Allison Reynolds. Teenage rebellion is a myth pushed on parents starting in the 50's, and it's a self-fulfilling prophecy because it preaches that they should never have a strong hand in raising their children. A lot of kids are just doing this kind of thing because they simply don't know any better, not because they're rebelling against their parents. Raise your children with a proper set of morals for them to understand the world with and they won't have to flounder without guidance in their teenage years making a fool of themselves. I might go scouring for free furniture, fix it up and try and flip it on ebay. Dive in and bring back what you find. Reading in bed right before you are about to sleep is also good for remembering (10-20 minutes of reading), but only on Holla Forums? You must take out the funny bone without touching the sides. The male body is more than willing to sacrifice itself for the slightest chance of impregnating some female. It's like these faggots who simply won't understand the legal implications of 19th Amendment prohibition, and want to undermine it's disenfranchised constitionality! The fact the transgendered people that get sex changes exist should imply that bodies do imply gender. Yes, if you get up off your ass, eat more fibre and don't spend 30 minutes on the toilet to take a 30 second dump. I can improve anything about myself that it's changeable, but I cannot change those around me for those that I can't. To impregnate her with my seed, so that my genes will live on after I die - sort of like nature's way of reincarnation. Just don't get too emotional about it, neither don't get too excited or too furious. The logical thing to do would be to give back the medal. So, if you want to be to be truly fulfilled during the short time you exist in this universe, I would recommend you seek to know yourself and whom you are, and resolve to undertake a personal journey to that end. And may you find enlightenment along the way.

While Holla Forums was always shit, it's always been slightly different kind of shit, which is why we have differing opinions on how shit it actually is. Also Holla Forums is basically nothing but differing opinions, so there you have it.

what verbose garbage this post is.

While Holla Forums was never good, it was fun up until 2008 and bearable until 2010 or so.

Disgusting

yeah
but I think it has more to do with the internet changing more than chans changing
you can't really do big fun raids anymore because people get in real trouble
the government and everyone and their grandma is on the internet now
anonymity is dead

WAKE ME UP INSIDE

2006 was when the newfaggotry era began.

chans changed the internet, kid. 4chan was a precurser to social media. even fakebook is in the same continuity. then the chans got left behind: they failed to adapt.
look at this place. it's only a chan in name. it has less in common with moot's original site than reddit. it has been repurposed as a conservative propaganda machine and all the fun, and all the fun posters, are now elsewhere.

Suicide watch?

Who wemembers lulzsec?

Blatant FBI bait from the get go. They caught the idiot ball.

You know how I said we'll have to see what happens?

Well it's happened, and Holla Forums is at an all time low.

Jim, please delete this board.

Yes, I agree. This is an absolute tragedy. Holla Forums is literally unusable without the pedos.

Let's all have a democratic vote on Jim deleting the site

strawpoll.me/11471521

It was picked apart by the feds but it wasn't fbi from the get go.

Pedos are shit and always have been.

They should be gassed.

Holla Forums was never good but it used to be shitty in good ways

You know those times when it's just obvious that someone's a meme-spouting newfag trying to act like an oldfag? This is one of those times.
>>>/reddit/

also this

penis

it wasn't the fact that he said he's an oldfag who started posting in 2009 that made you think it might not be a sincere post?

sincere or not that kind of post needs to be called out every time. A large part of the degeneration of Holla Forums culture has been caused by summerfags taking trolls seriously and turning ironic shitposting into genuine cancer.

Oh, I get it: we're pretending that we don' believe that the complete degradation of society caused by people who don't get it is the ultimate troll, repeating the same pattern used against smaller targets online.

I know I saw it when I was scrolling through all the front page. I don't have the energy to type out an appropriately long response to that crap. But you can't judge imageboard culture before you where around and expect to have it right. Reading an archive isn't the same as hanging out there. I've been on ibs since 2006, I couldn't tell you what 2004 4chan was like. But yeah, this place isn't a wasteland its had its fair share of creation (we could always use more). And its fair from dead, or a graveyard. You have to roll with things any Holla Forums board is always going to be up and down. The whole point is making your own fun a bit. There's still a lot more openess and fun to be had here I'm not add, I can deal with the slower posts per hour. Now. What we need is some sot of animal mascot. Who thinks Holla Forums needs a helper monkey?

This

bump