Internet privacy is like a fucking labyrinth

Internet privacy is like a fucking labyrinth.

Using one email address for everything basically puts a beacon on you, doesn't matter how well encrypted you are since you sign up for this and that allowing them to build a profile of you, they know what it's in your emails without ever reading them.

Alternately create a fuckton of accounts and good luck remembering them all.

You want a good online email service get ready to pay for it and open up another can of privacy concerns.

Don't be such a whiny poop, OP.
It's all actually simple af:
Private = Encrypted.
Anonymous = Proxied.

The way everything is networked you go into the Internet raw then you're getting Google STDs.

that helps your email provider build a profile. as for the myriad of services you sign up using your mail, it would be very difficult for them to cooperate to build the complete picture.

moral of the story:
host your own email or use a good provider you can trust for making a living advertising their privacy protection to people like you, as opposed to making a living off your data (e.g. not Google, Microsoft, Yahoo).
Have 1 or 2 throw-away emails with fake identities you would use to disassociate your real identity and curb untrustworthy websites that almost surely will sell your address and fill it with spam.

And yes, use GPG to encrypt sensitive emails.

This is only a problem for people too stupid to use a password manager

It's adding complexity.

If they really wanted they could connect those email accounts together easily if they're on the same service which means even more complexity by using multiple services.

Internet privacy is a clusterfuck in this age of doing everything online.

Daily reminder that all your posts on Holla Forums can be trivially correlated server-side unless you take extra steps to prevent it by randomizing the deletion password:
$(document).on('ajax_after_post', function() { localStorage.password = new TextDecoder('windows-1252').decode( crypto.getRandomValues(new Uint8Array(20)).filter(i => i > 0x7f));});

Your posts can be trivially correlated by your IP, idiot.

Local storage is just another form of cookies.

So much for hotwheels' promise that IPs would be anonymized after 2 weeks, eh?

possible ≠ practise, and promises are worthless anyway

troll harder

Why? Need some more help showing the world what a tough, edgy internet warrior you are?

>not recommending people to use a selfhosted i2pbote/bitmessage for personal use and temp mail sites for clearnet social media bullshit

Hell even steam will allow throwaways, you just need to verify a few times with your security question.

One of the biggest myths is that you ""need"" a clearnet email. Do /not/ fall for the protonmail meme. Stay away from webmail in js.

I believe posteo's webmail uses AGPL licensed js, so they're not uniformly untrustworthy

The problem with webmail in particular isn't JS licensing or trustworthiness but security. It's a pain in the arse to make a browser even remotely secure.

More like

Secure = Encrypted
Private = Blocklist, no cookies, fingerprinting countermeasures,
Anonymity = Onion routed, I2P, trustworthy proxy (impossible)

This, if they couldn't get you online, they'd just send physical people after you.

Government doesn't care about a basement dweller.

He never promised that. That was the goal of Infinity Next, where this is possible.

I use three and it's not that difficult.

GL remembering 10 different emails + passwords that are 50+ chars each unless you're an autistic savant.

Get new accounts regularly.

Just use Protonmail, create a new mail for each account you need or use temporary emails if possible.

Use keepassx.

It's not fucking rocket science. And don't forget the usual: Linux, VPN, counter fingerprinting and addons.

Protonmail is not to be trusted. Try openmailbox.

What's wrong with Proton and why is Open better?

New registrations on openmailbox have been disabled for some time now

not him but protonmail is browser only or dedicated app. into the trash

33mail.com

Of course, but the harder you make it for them the smaller the chance to be recorded as part of mass surveillance. Some of us may be significant in 10+ years, and then it'll bite those few in the ass. Also stuff may get hacked and leaked, and then suddenly even if you're not important to the gov, other people may start to fuck with you based on leaked data.