Tell me Hu'Mon, if the federation is so great, why is are the ferengi never under threat of extinction?

Tell me Hu'Mon, if the federation is so great, why is are the ferengi never under threat of extinction?

Why did Quark suck at running an enterprise?

Put bluntly, because you're not that important in the grand scheme of things. The Ferengi matter so little to all the grand plans and strategies of the Universes' movers and shakers that your continued existence or nonexistence just doesn't come into play.

no wonder you only survive via real communism

It was written by communist sympathizers.

Is there a wage gap in space?

Let's not forget that he had his dick cut off along the way too. Quark had a hard life.

They're not space jews. They're capitalists.
Star Trek being the communist utopian ideal would naturally be against them but genocide and warfare isn against their peace loving ways but will fight when needed.

What fans thought:

How the creators saw it:

Considering no one seemed to even know about them in the alpha quadrant until Picard got his first job as a captain I'd say it's doubtful that they run the universal economy. Honestly I have a pet theory that Vulcans and Romulans have pretty much a monopoly on everything with humans groomed as their proxy military.

And that shit worked too. Like for thousands of fucking years, it worked perfectly.

thank you logician

you are our greatest ally

Didn't they state at some point in TNG that Ferengi women weren't allowed to wear clothes?

Okay, so I'm watching Enterprise finally and who the fuck shows up. GODDAMN FERENGI! I couldn't sworn they said in TNG that Picard's skirmish with them aboard the Stargazer was first contact.

They talk about it in DS9 a bit. Quark's mother wears clothes at home and even when they have company over which is a big no no. Women in Ferengi society really aren't supposed to do anything as far as I can tell but then Quark's mother ends up being the power behind two Nagus/Naguii.

They did, but Enterprise didn't give a fuck about continuity.

Yeah, I knew it was bad going in. Or at least had heard bad things but god damn the whole crew is fucking retarded. For being light years from friendly people and the only humans around you think they wouldn't rush head long into danger time and time again.

Also, Bakula/Archer being into water polo to give some depth to the captain's back story is fucking ridiculous. Janeway's failed governess simulation was better than him trying to shoehorn water polo into conversations with fucking aliens that don't know what a horse is let alone a derivation of a game played exclusively with them.

Because they are the chosen species.