Nightmare Thread

Tell me about the worst nightmares you've had Holla Forums.

I'll start with a particularly nasty one I just woke up from:

It all started the day I was born

Ive had a bunch but about a week ago I dreamed

same here. it all started when y0u where born

I had this creepy dream where I was in my regular home, but nobody was there. I walked out to the hallway of the first floor of the apartment complex and everything slowly turned black and white. The more I progressed the more grainy the vision was. I then found a dimly lit stairwell that led to the garage floor. Upon entering the hallway in the garage floor, I found myself in my bathroom. I was in the shower, and I looked into the mirror and my face slowly started peeling off. It was mushy and stringy kinda like a pizza or cheap glue. The only color I recall was a faint hue of red from my bare face.

i've had some pretty nasty nightmares while being awake

a lawnmower cut off part of my brain and my mind became in a small space it was so horrible i yelled kill me in the dream

I could tell you about actually scary dreams but to be honest the scariest dreams ive had in years were those about rejection and loneliness

I recently ha a dream where I was waiting in line at a gas station like ampm to buy some shitty cheeseburger wrapped in foil. I could feel through the foil that the bread was stale so I knew the cheeseburger was not good, but for some reason I was still going to buy it. After waiting in line for 30 min, I started talking to other costumers complaining and wondering why the line was taking so long. After waiting another hour i bought the cheeseburger and left. The nightmare finally ended and I never want to experience such a mediocre dream ever again.

i was in a cave and there was a forest that was all red and pitch black and there was several hundred other people and they shoved one out and they never came back

The only nightmares I have are when I'm conscious. Dreams are my escape.

I've had a dream that is more or less recurring, it's not exactly the same everytime but very similar:

My sister died in a car crash two years ago, she was thirteen and it fucked me up real bad

and then I wake up sweating, feeling my throat sore as if I really was screaming.
I've been having that nightmare since she died, it stopped happening a few months ago but it came back in full force recently.

I've had some bad dreams but nothing has ever been as terrifying as sleep paralysis. Fuck. That. Shit.

I've never had it, is it as bad as it sounds or it has been exaggerated ?

It's basically wake-dreaming, or wake-nightmaring. You're right where you're sleeping, only you can't move and and you get this rising anxiety because you feel someone/something else there, completely black like a shadow person/people. I don't know if it's because you're asleep that it directly taps into your reptilian brain or something but I've never felt terror like that ever before. I also wonder if that's where they came up with the whole demons idea, because it feels very real, like an alternate dimension of these dudes fucking with you.

My last actual nightmare was back in the 80s, and it was fairly mundane: First day in the semester. Sit down in a new class in HS. Look around and realize I'm back in the shit class where I was bullied throughout grade school and junior high. Wake up.

The nightmares I had in my early childhood are best described as "non-eucledian". Surreal, dimension-twisting stuff that sometimes made me vomit when I woke up.

I still have dreams that technically qualify as "nightmares", but I just think they're interesting. Giant, man-eating maggot babies in the cellar and stuff like that.

Fuck that story is horrifying

I watched the world end in a nuclear holocaust

i don't wanna talk about it.

hey, didnt to expect to find another user having also sleep paralysis.
And youre rigth, sleep paralysis is fucking scary.

Does sleep pralysis happen to everyone or is it a condition?

It can happen to anyone, I did it accidentally once and thought I was visited by aliens

Accidentally? You mean people want to get sleep paralysis granted it does sound pretty neat

Yeah, why wouldn't people want to have control of their dreams?

That's lucid dreaming dude, sleep paralysis is when you cant control your body after waking up

Lucid dreaming is just when you're able to gain control over sleep paralysis

its fucked up to have a sleep paralysis, but to be honest the first is going to be the scariest, later you will get use to it.
i got like 4 sleep paralysis, and the last one i did it on purpose.

Nah man lucid dreaming is when youre brain realizes that youre dreaming thus letting you control it instead of randomly generating something from your memory

Yeah, when you gain control over sleep paralysis

You dont have to get sleep paralysis to get lucid dreams dude

wait, how do you gain control over sleep paralysis?

I never said you did

Aight dude just a miscommunication
Lucid dreams are fucking based though

So guys how where youre ilusions in youre sleep paralysis?

Scary as shit, I honest to god thought I was visited by aliens because of that shit

how many sleep paralysis did you got , user?

Twice, that was the first time

did you got a diferent ilusion in each sleep paralysis, or they were the same one?
In my case each one of my sleep paralysis had a diferent ilusion.

The second time I didn't see anything, but I realized I was paralyzed and started to panic, but willed myself to fall back to sleep and it went away

I've had that once or twice, more annoying than scary.

Bumb'd

I used to have sleep paralysis nightmares up to a year ago. Apparently my sleep apnea caused it until I treated it. I'd get the most worried about getting them when I was extremely fucking tired like after several bad nights sleep. During them I could be fucking stuck in my bed in mid twilight with poltergeist tier shit like a women hanging from the ceiling right in front of my bed or huge monsters running past my door fuck man.

Fuck sleep apnea.

I had a dream where was I was being rape that not human shit.
kinda like the pics, but I couldn't move, and I woke up before it could start feeling good

I don't really have nightmares anymore and the ones I do are mere shrugs compared to what I've seen before and am literally callous as fuck but anyways

Scariest nightmare I remember was when I was about 4
I have never let go of this feeling.

I'm convinced still to this day it is always with me as long as I live but continue to fight it / use it against my enemies. Be it metaphorical, what have you, maybe I've made friends with my demons whilst keeping it separate from my own self awareness. I love and hate it. But I feel it still. Scariest thing I've ever felt and I've had death threats and kids running around my school after stabbing their mother, only to feel just more than nothing.

Also scariest movies for me were M Night Shyamalan, to put that into perspective. I'm convinced that guy knew how to put a demon into a movie, maybe it was the same one, and that's why they scare me so much.

That is all

also I'm not from Holla Forums but I still like this one. somewhat relatable to story but nonetheless

wrong one

Truth be told, I've actually never had a "nightmare" before; just kind of weird fever dreams. Stuff like these

sound terrifying as fuck. Is it weird that I've never actually had a scary dream before?

Dunno if it was a nightmare or a dream tbh

Saturday afternoon, I had to take a nap around 3p.m and I had my first sleep paralysis. I was awake, my eyes could move but not my body. I could see my hand in front of my head but I couldn't move the fingers. Hopefully it was a bright day and I haven't shut the curtains so it was plain day in my room but I can't imagine what it would have been at night.

Also it was a series of Nightmare/Waking up paralyzed for like 5 times in a row. Strangely I only slept 45 minutes. Then I felt bad for Jason Becker.

i literally just grabbed a webm from my folder but w.e

Well, first of all, unlike most people if I'm about to die in my dreams I don't wake up. If you die in your dream you die for real is bullshit. I have several nightmares that are recurring, and other ones that happen once and not again. Usually it's the latter. I've managed to enter a lucid state a few times, but I always drop the fucking ball and end up dead again, except one time. This is the dream I will share with you. It's OC produced by my brain, and only told to my ex before now. It begins like this:

I'm used to this dream. I am about to die again, but not that nochy anons. Queue lucidity outoffuckingnowhere.jpg

I've had the dream a couple times since, but I died as usual in those versions. Screaming as I feel flames engulfing my body, whooshing sound, and laughter as I watch myself burn until I don't move anymore, always from the ceiling perspective, like a soul departing.

I want to hug you through my monitor.

I had a nightmare about a burger too

There are people over 30 who still browse imageboards?

A lot more than you'd think kiddo.

Yep

I have a habit of having fever dreams & absolute mad dreams. But, what seems to depend on the time of the year, I'll get series of incredibly realistic dreams.

So here's one where I felt pain, freaked me out. Not really a nightmare, more of a night terror.

The rest of my night terrors are pretty much from aliens.

my nightmares are always ones where it seems like I'm just living my normal daily life, but then I realize I've completely fucked up something major and that my life is now ruined

probably comes from the fact that I feel like my current studies are my last chance at becoming something more than a worthless neet

I've encountered an invisible entity in my bouts of sleep paralysis quite a few times. Its very demonic and sadistic in nature. I can feel myself being constricted all around my body and it even harms me emotionally by making me re-live out my repressed child hood trauma. Not only do I wake up scared out of my mind, Im too scared to go back to bed, and Im in a pool of sweat

My brain is an evil piece of shit

Mine is horrible, epitome of nightmare fuel

One time I was deep, deep underground in a claustrophobic size room made of bloody meat for walls and the floor. I could hear a demonic voice laughing at me, and I was suspended in the air by chains getting slashed. I could feel the pain.

Im not religious, but fuck

shadow person?

no the best way to describe it is an inter-dimensional entity that I cant see yet it can harm me

how are you aware of it's presence? do you know its location in the room, know its shape?

Im a psychic empath so I read energy very well. Humanoid, though it seems to manifest in to something I can comprehend. So idk its "true form" really. Its always behind me.

When I was in my sophomore year of high school my friend and I encountered, "ZOZO" which apparently is a malevolent demon. We said goodbye properly and didn't do anything to allow it in our life, though. It didn't even try to deceive us

Why wouldn't we?

I dreamed that we're all fake and you're just hooked up to a machine being fed stimulus. She is too.

You gained a stand.

You implied it, by insisting on overcoming sleep paralysis as a method to get a lucid dream. The lucid dream is not defined by that, it's a sleep phenomenon where you become self-conscious of your own while being in a dream, thus allowing you to control it and replace places, objects, modify rules of the dream's universe or of the human nature. In other words, do whatever you want. But it's really hard to achieve and you have to train yourself for that for years before having that, although I've known a couple of persons who had a few naturally when being kids. Problem about lucid dreaming is you never know if the other person is actually telling the truth, but they are a fact and can be experienced. The hard part is to stay sleeping while becoming lucid. Actually lucid dreams do not tend to last longer than a few minutes, or even seconds.