Obituary - A Grave Beginning

Looks like another cartoon pilot just sprung up. This time it's about a girl who is raised by ghosts and must balance life between living with the living and the dead. What is Holla Forums's opinion on this? Personally:
- Animation wise, uses the CalArts "grinning potato" that is currently rampant in many currently airing shows, and animation is stiff in certain places.
- Writing wise, certain characters such as the ghosts have potential but there are loads of other cliches such as the school bullies and the queen bitch.

I doubt it'll get greenlit at all anyway.

Sounds like GUNNERSHIT FAIL conceptually, but it seems kinda Meh.

I wasn't impressed. It was completely predictable and cliched at every turn, and what's worse, it seems to be based on one of my most loathed cartoon cliches- normal kid with some sort of magic/fantastic friends who must keep them secret for no clearly apparent reason. The fantastic friends are even more capable of/inclined toward interacting with the main kid's normal life in ways that causes problems than ways that solve them. I mean, why would it even have been a problem if ghost girl was messing with mean girl's makeup supplies? If anything that would have been a great distraction to solve the problem, but nope, GOTTA KEEP IT SECRET. Because the magic friends must always be a secret.

Well, it least it isn't the worst example of the whole grinning potato look, so that's… something.

thank you for cropping a thumbnail

It looks ok, wouldn't watch it though. Like one guy said, the premise is good but everything falls into the cliche field. Does this really still happen (the nerd guy being bullied by the tall guy and rich girls being rich girls) nowadays?

It was OK. Certainly a lot better than what pilots we usually get.

Animation is mediocre, but it could easily be changed for the better. The story was fine, but most of the gags don't give you more than a chuckle.

I feel like the "child raised by dead people" cliche has been done a lot before

Wasn't that the plot of one of Neil Gaiman's books?

The magical secret thing didn't bother me nearly as much as the vindictive popular girl cliche.

She's the richest, most popular girl in school and everyone is afraid of her.. so she spends all her time spying on the new kid and obsessing over her. Why? Just… because?

The whole ghost thing could be a really interesting angle on its own, but this pilot makes it look like the only thing in store for this, as a series, would be "UHG SCHOOL IS HARD AND PEER PRESSURE AND POPULAR KIDS… oh and also, i have ghosts to cheer me up because they all obsessively love me for some reason"

THAT'S A VIVIAN JAMES RECOLORING!!!!111

You have to go back
>>>Holla Forums

GRAVEYARD BOOK
R
A
V
E
Y
A
R
D

B
O
O
K

It could have been worse.

It was done by Studio Yotta

oy vei

Fucking maymays

I'm not saying that part's good either, inexplicably mean popular girl was simply the second most annoying cliche there, is all.

I've got 1.1 to 1 that bullied-kid mctalksalot is a white knight there to give the mc praise for everything she does and eventually get cucked by the bully

50 to 1 that there's an episode where he contemplates suicide

100 to 1 that he has any positive male role-models.

200 to 1 he goes supreme gentlemen and shoots up the school

The plot's reminding me of ParaNorman.

Girl is cute, but that's basically all it has going for it.

Not that I've ever seen in middle or high school. Fights between girls were almost always over a guy they liked while fights between guys happened between people who either started shit with easy targets or had grudges between each other.

I liked it from what I could see, bu it's definitely leaning towards the pitfall of school drama. The only direction the show would go on would revolve around school events or holidays. Also, the supposed bad boy moves like a dainty faggot. If they lockers have no locks and the main character can just pull it open, then the geek with glasses could have pushed it open on his own.

that was fucking awful

I hope that's how the series ends.

you better check 'em
*Whoops, forgot

nice idea for an ending

Looks like shit.

Lesbian sex when?