Why Twitter Should Charge A Membership Fee

archive.is/6IddF

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect
charltonteaching.blogspot.no/2015/06/the-destruction-of-common-sense-and.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who cares.
How is it possible to have your head shoved that far up your ass and still manage to function as a human being?

Anyone dumb enough to pay money to post is goons, and I'm sure most of them use Twatter already.

Normies paying 20 $ for social media ?
Bonus points : annually.

It would mean that twatter would instantly become desert.
FB or even G+ would recive that traffic instead.

If you have the choice of either paying 20$ or doing the same for free while remaining in a web browser, normies will switch.

The fact that this text exists it the proof that you do not need to be intelligent to exist.

Fortunately those people's number are dwindiling.
I love Idiocracy, but people should be aware that the opposite is happening.

is it?

It's not the only factor, but a good example is IQ drift.
IQ tests have to be constantly updated to keep the average at 100 because the bell curve is moving to the right.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect

Not all of them, or even most of them, but a horrifyingly large number of normalfags have been proven willing to pay for basic online services.

this would stop all the anime nazis

Main difference is you can't grab your Xbox and connect to a free Xbox Live network, because it's locked down. Your PC is not locked down, and there are thousands of other websites, even Twitter copycats, that would gladly take the traffic for "free".

I'm not sure why the fuck are you comparing these two, they are nothing alike.

Oh user, you DO understand where this whole thing is headed, right? Prey on the weakminded and vulnerable first, then use them as shocktroops to crush the rest.

I'm not sure where are you trying to get at. Sure, consoles a shit, but some people grab them for the exclusives. Paying monthly fees sucks, but I can understand why they do it.

I'm saying the PC has been under continual attack since the day it first wrested the ability to carry out computation from the hallowed priesthood of the mainframe timesharing services. Remember that even the ability to actually buy and tinker with telephone sets rather than renting them from Bell was seen as an outrageous presumption on the part of the lowly proletariat back in the day, and they want those days back, badly.

The constant doomsaying for PCs (especially desktops) is hardly a coincidence.

Every normalfag who uses a console, cellphone, tablet, or netbook with a walled-garden OS installed is an attack vector on us. Same with anyone who uses a subscription service for storage, software, or processing.

Not the same.
They do not have a choice.
It's either pay to $ony or Micro$oft or no network gamean.
Here the browser still alows you without any modification / hack to acces another website that gives the same / similar service.

I'm only wondering why Holla Forums isn't unsing the blatant censorship to promote alternatives (gnu social ? ) and try to break the monopole.

Most normies think like this :
2edgy for reddit -> voat
2edgy for tumblr / FB -> chans
2edgy for twatter -> ??

They should be conscious of alternatives in order to protect freedom of speech.
Not just for the FOSS.

because that'll completely stop 99% of all shitposters amirite, just like how Something Awful is a pure haven, free from shitters

Does he seriously believe this is realistic? Look at any Web 2.0 turd in the past. As soon as they stop being free, the users bail, because nobody is dumb enough to pay for social media crap.

The problem with non-censored alternatives is that they tend to get flooded with users that make the sites look edgy or undesirable to everyone else looking in. And it's usually because they get banned from the major sites.

Part of me wants to say this happens on purpose, that the admins of major websites ban certain people knowing they'll go to the alternatives, attract shitposters, ruin the sites' reputations, and eliminate the competition.

You already answered yourself, though. It is dumb to consider this happens on purpose with this much convolution, though; you already determined that edgy users hurt a site's reputation, so they get banned. That's it, you don't need to go further, like "hahaha, these edgy users are ruining my reputation, but I will ban them just so they can destroy other sites' reputation!". It's more like "these edgy users are ruining my reputation, so I will ban them"

see 4channers.

just put a captcha on every tweet.

kek, the sole reason why twatter still rejects mobile phone activation for new accounts is because if they would implement it, their posting counts would drop to zero after all the shitposters left and their stock value that is based on how many posts are made would drop to zero as well.
go on twatter and ruin yourself, best day of my life

Twitter is done. If they had focused on search, questions, and analytics they could have made it by now. But instead they are coddling Jack Dorsey's bottom AIDS activist and BLM leader Deray.

What could possibly go wrong?

Yeah that's totally a reasonable conversion rate.

Why don't they just make their own censored, locked down Twitter that requires a membership fee? Then everyone's happy.

they could call it /twitterplus/

It would keep the niggers out.

I hope they do so it kills that shit website.

Oh to be so naive again. Thanks for the laugh.

Twitter is probably considered "to big to fail" and as a result will recive bail out money form private funding, the government or both.

They'd never do it. Why risk the safe money you get from advertisers and sponsors?

Even if they did somehow declare bankruptcy, it would be mere minutes till someone like Facebook tried to scoop it up.

Flynn effect is phenotypic,
and likely result of letting genes play out potential through less sickness and better nutrition.

Flynn effect has stopped in many places,
and even turned to negative drift in some.

There's been a downwards trend in genotypical general intelligence since the victorian age.

charltonteaching.blogspot.no/2015/06/the-destruction-of-common-sense-and.html

Sorry to bring bad news, friend.