Music Production

/musicprod/ is dead, so music production thread

clyp.it/1nttmjz4 (heres something im working on it anyone wants to collab :^) )

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/gvtp4d2c
clyp.it/vakrlw1p
clyp.it/qordmi33
clyp.it/lqx53wpb
clyp.it/53tzkg0e
clyp.it/tg0yfo32
clyp.it/t4gyozf5
m.soundcloud.com/user-332295550/dawn
instaud.io/A4S
vocaroo.com/i/s0yLqIruZ1Mz
clyp.it/4cgommko
instaud.io/A7l
youtube.com/watch?v=T7v6foSPe1o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nice

clyp.it/gvtp4d2c

ask me anything

It's called "synthwave.webm" and had a stylized pic of a DeLorean in it.

clyp.it of my latest joint when I get home.

clyp.it/vakrlw1p

nice

okay

obnoxious fucking garbage what the hell is this supposed to be?

im going to post some stuff i've been messing around with, just some ideas

clyp.it/qordmi33

clyp.it/lqx53wpb

Are there any free music programs I can use to simply layer a few sound files?
I mean I can already play a bunch of real instruments like guitar, drums etc but I would like to just record my own stuff and then layer and only slightly alter it instead of getting a bunch of mediocre friends to play all the other instruments

thank you kindly

here's a couple more:
clyp.it/53tzkg0e
clyp.it/tg0yfo32

i use audacity for that

Audacity. There's a little learning curve to it though if you want to keep stuff in rhythm; but I like the idea of coming up with great quality sound for just the cost of the hardware.

Also, reporting in, I webm'd a few songs already, now posting.

Anything is free if you try hard enough, simple click record and layer the clips over each other you might want to look into Audacity but there's a reason that DAW's exist and thats ease and quality of life.

2nd link is wonderful. do finish

I'm with the other user, finish that second one. Felt like I was in Silent Hill.

Second one here is nice too, I'd just put a low-pass on the hiss.

op has returned

Audacity is good for manual audio edits

Mixxx is great at mixing layers and can automatically sync rhythms

Reaper is good i hear

please do explain user

i liked the first one, not so much the second

I added some faggotry
clyp.it/t4gyozf5

track is good rap is not

I've always wanted to start making ear feels. What programs should I use? I used to have Able, i think it was, but I never used it. what is good?

wat

thanks, i'll try that out

ableton is very good
the learning curve on FL isn't as steep, however

On mobile so I don't have this on a clyp link sorry. I messed around with this a while back.

I just want to make piano stuff mostly but I'm not so great at making hooks. I have a few other pieces in working on and none of them work off of a hook, they just kind of do what this does and flow off of whatever I feel like doing next.

m.soundcloud.com/user-332295550/dawn

I dunno, I get a lot of melodies in my head and I have some of them recorded, but putting them together into a traditional beginning-middle-end is hard.

personally use fl studio but any main distro works about the same just different workflows, ableton is pretty good too and so is cubase

instaud.io/A4S
post ur hardcore fgts

I just made this earlier its not finished. Not mixed, unmastered. I dont even produce all too often, and I really dig this. ITs funny af and contains Conker's BFD samples

vocaroo.com/i/s0yLqIruZ1Mz

digging whatever synth or sample you're using
me gusta

I created the synth myself. I kinda fucked around with different plug-ins and shit and got that

I was going for a prehistoric cave song vibe with a touch of modern and a dash of humor

Rate guys
clyp.it/4cgommko

Probably the most well-thought-out, avant-garde, forward-thinking piece of technical prowess I have ever experienced; and I went to Sundance.

I also want to thank the user that posted this last year, it's still as hilarious as it was back then.

I'm still making "music".

I've been working on breaking my habit of making short loops. Just using some lofi sounds and writing as much as possible:
instaud.io/A7l

how do people go about making actual songs with shit like fl studio
ive made 6 (techincally 12) so far and they're not great quality, mainly because i just have no clue how to make them good
wanna be able to make stuff that is worthy of being uploaded on mrsuicidesheeps channel but i just dont know where to start
any tips or anything?

link related, one of my 'songs'

The two main things to do to take FL Studio songs past "sounds like it was made in FL" territory is learning how to master and using different sample packs/vsts. The default settings that FL gives you is their widely-recognized sample packs and a limiter at the end of the master track.

Mastering is something that you'll have to get a feel for. Start off by watching some Youtube tuts to get the basic concepts down, then just turn the knobs until you come up with something you think sounds good.

aighty, thanks mang

Just be creative and innovate

I ended up finishing my, "Dinosaur Shindig " chillwave song. Check it out

youtube.com/watch?v=T7v6foSPe1o

JUST
FUCK
MY
SHIT
UP

dat beat is pretty funky.

You got it fam.

where's the snare, you fucking knuckle dragger?

this is fantastic