Denis Villeneuve to direct DUNE

bleedingcool.com/2017/02/01/official-dune-reboot-legendary-pictures-director/

I'm getting a little hype. Cautiously optimistic.

Ever notice how in sci-fi planets are always like some part of earth? Dune planet is one huge desert. Endor is all forest. Kamino is all ocean, et cetera. Kind of retarded tbh.

It is being produced by a Chinese company, Legendary Pictures which is owned by Wanda. Boycott or only watch a torrent if you must. Besides, the movie will suck because Dune is too dense of a book to adapt in one movie. It needs two movies or a limited run as a series.

Wow, you listed examples from whopping two works. I'm now convinced that your assertion is correct.

Frank's tweet mentions a series of movies. good job reading the article, m8.

Three actually.

There is no reason to assume Endor spawned into existance between Star Wars episodes II and V.

It's going to be a steaming pile of shit like all the other reboots, remakes and reimaginations from the past 20 years.

Depends on brade runna

They're gonna make the protagonist a mudshit. I guarantee it.

What was your problem with the syfy shows?
They were better than Lynch's dune tbh

Space is an ocean, and planets are countries. It would be cool to see some sci-fi in which every planet is meticulously detailed, contains different climates, different races, and different cultures. I guess that would take quite a bit of work though.

No need. They'll just make the Fremen all muds.

They'll also change the blue glowing eyes because it's too Aryan for their tastes.

There's no way it will be as good as the book and it will probably not beat Lynch's Dune either. I suppose it will be better than post-Lucas Star Wars though.

Dune is a bit overrated. Dune Messiah was great though.

honestly, with Villeneuve at the helm, even if the movie sucks it will look and sound great. So basically Lynch's Dune part two: Electric Boogaloo.

Jodorowsky when

But the Fremen were all muds
I'm full Holla Forums too

Every planet would be earth, then, with different sky backdrops. If you want actually interesting environments, you have to look into non-earthlike planets. AKA non-habitable environments - asteroid belts, rock'n'ice moons, planets not yet terraformed or being terraformed, massive free floating stations. A near-future setting like the Expanse provides a ton of diversity - I hope they get more funding for when the show moves on and starts to include the various parts of the solar system.

Any setting with FTL travel is unlikely to bother much with these other than as minor industrial areas, basically. Which ironically, will happen in
SPOILER ALERT
the Expanse, if it lasts that long.

A faithful adaptation would still cast them as arabs. Then again, considering this is supposedly the future, you could make a case that they're simply a bunch of whites who have lived in the desert for a very long time and therefore resemble sandniggers superficially.

because there ain't gonna be no sandniggers in space

Well, the Fremen are supposed to have migrated from multiple worlds before then. The Orange Catholic Bible is supposed to include Zensunni and Buddhislamic traditions alongside Mahayana Christianity sort of how Heinlein chucks in a throwaway line about "Moslems" just to sort of include them. At least Herbert got rid of the Jews (but replaced them with the Bene Tleilax anyway).
They'll probably make the Fremen sandnigs though.

So is Herbert implicating the implication that only whites ended up going to space? Might actually turn out to be historically accurate, in that case.

Whites and Asians, still doesn't explain how Islam sandshit got in my Daoism and Buddhism. Buddhism uncucking the least shit of the abrahamic faiths is pretty cool though.

DUUNO MAN Arrival was a 2 hr snore

The Jews actually show up in the later books. We find out they've been sneaking around in the shadows for thousands of years.

It's almost like places where people exist have to meet some set of criteria for habitability. Weird. Weird, wild stuff.

A Star Wars fan friend of mine told me Kamino actually has more cities and shit.
Also, for all its failings, TFA acknowledged the meme by having throwaway lines of "that way there's the quicksand seas", etc.

as far as making a faithful adaptation, sure. but being an enjoyable feature, not so much.

also, this theme won't be beat.

That's the dogshit his son wrote, I would disregard all such material.

t. christkiller

That's the poorly written material that his son wrote, I would disregard everything his son wrote because it is of offensively poor quality and in many ways undermines and generally tarnishes the universe, worlds, themes and characters of his father's creation.

Did we really need another one? They'll never get it right.

Fuck, I fell asleep watching this crap
hope its not like this.

The Fremen were pretty stupid to be honest. They got by on sheer brutality. It took an outsider tricking them into believing he was a god, to get them to all stop killing each other and unite.

Nope. That happened in the fifth or sixth book written by Frank.

Baron was okay, everyone else was shit.

Paul's only fault was he thought bringing the sandpeople water and civilization would make them civilized when all it did was inspire traitors and terrorist plots.
Even back then Herbert knew.

Paul was a racemixing wimp, his father died like a fag and his son was a mongrel turboautist.

You mean the Spacing Guild?

First two are all that matter.

ALL OF MY BONERS

The Jews show up in book six, the last one that Frank Herbert wrote, and are a secret of the Bene Gesserit. Herbert wrote that there were entire planets filled with Jews.

Kikes existing in the distant far future is pretty retarded when other religions have become weird mixes and our beloved jews have existed in their current form for less than two thousand years.

See what happens when you meme irresponsibly anons?

Dune is pretty fucking retarded past the first book if you are not a teenager or adult comic book enthusiast.

If you liked inner monologues interrupting the scenes every thirty seconds I guess.

You are propably right. I never read beyond the first book and the first chapter of the second.

Why the first two? Messiah only exists to be a prologue to Children, and Children and God Emperor are among the best in the series. You can discount anything after that though.

No. Straight up Jews.

Tbh i was just funposting, I've only seen the lynch movie, the spicediver edit, about 5 minutes of syfy and read the first chapter of the first book.

It's really fucking gay bruh. That's why no one else ever bothers making the character's thoughts audible in other films. With Lynch's Dune they do it every fucking minute.
That might be the appeal of the film and sets it apart for others but for me it's why this movie is a stinker.

I disliked Children so much I never made it to God-Emperor. Messiah was better than Dune, too.

I guess I'll get to it eventually, but man, Children of Dune sucked so fucking much.

Maybe I need to read Messiah again, because I hardly remember it being anything. It's like 100 pages long.

It's about as long as Dune. I give points to Messiah for being a more coherent narrative, whereas Dune is slave to the fact that it was originally serialized in magazine form, before much later strung together into a book.

Contrast with the first Foundation book, which was also serialized but uses it to its advantage with the small, vignetted stories.

Feels bad, fam.

The spice is oil.

The Fremen are sandniggers.

Reminder that the original Dune book was a fluke and everything else was shit and that Frank Herbert writing from Dune Messiah onwards was just as bad as Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson Dune book.

Frank Herbert is overrated

I thought how the fate of the galaxy became reliant on different magical forms of fucking was pretty funny though

but the sandtrouts (little fuckers that evolve into the sand worms) literally collect all the water on Arrakis so it became desert. Before and after the first movie/book the planet is/wont be a desert planet. Also Arrakis has ice cap so its not just one biotop.

Unfortunately likely to be true.
With a cast packed with negros, faggots and dykes.
Why not make all the freemen arab freerunners so that can show how kewl they are after going to gymnastics class for girls for 15 years.

Perhaps they'll make white people with blue eyes turn darker - the spice is melanin, and when you eat it you become a kang again.
Coal black skin, coal black eyes.
Then Paul D'Shawn Oombala with turn hypernegro and find that the spice only affects males, that all the females remain white and have to be implemented by the black males to finish the process.

The original Dune is honestly pleb tier compared to the rest of the series.

Looked bad

Are you one of the autists who goes around screaming how prequels werent' actually bad?

Disney out.

Those are hot shit user.

Actually the books had a pretty good idea that sandpeople were shit, one of them in the second one became a mass murderer who fucked up one of the protags eyes with radiation because he took a bath in an ocean 10-20 years earlier. And the ones in the third book living in the sticks are basically ISIS. They basically got killed off afterwards and replaced with genetically perfected yuri whores, they were so shit (which actually caused some trouble because one of the earlier book protags went full anti-degeneracy due to that revelation, which caused a bit of a stink at the end).

God-Emperor is shit. The last two are alright but Chapterhouse has a bit of Children's boring gene. Heretics is basically "Miles Teg Michael Ironside Fucking Kills Everyone" with the lesbians from Book Four transitioning from 2D type to 3DPD IRL type.

Messiah is actually the last quarter of the first book; Frank looked at it and thought it was too damn long so he split it off and released the unused OC as a new book when the first one took off.

Is that nigga wearing a fuckin' jump rope?

He's going sandworm surfing.

WHY