The Warcraft movie

Something's off.

Critic reviews are super low. Rotten Tomatoes gives it 26% while metacritic is at 32%.

However, audience reviews are very high. Rotten Tomatoes at 82% and Metacritic at 87%.

One thing I've learned is that when a movie gets such disparity between (((critics))) and audiences, it's because there are themes in it which (((they))) don't approve of. Kind of like Angry Birds. So, I'm taking one for the team and I'm gonna go watch Warcraft. Gives me an excuse to leave my apartment and I'll be able to see what the deal is.

If anyone has seen it, feel free to share your thoughts.

Other urls found in this thread:

wikiwand.com/en/Team_Fortress_Classic
wikiwand.com/en/Team_Fortress_2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I saw the trailer and it seems like they will push for racemixing between the orcs and humans. I have a hard time seeing this movie being redpilled about anything.

Maybe it's just nostalgiafags who played Wc3 and WoW upboating it when it actually is shit?

Far as I know it lacks most of the races of warcraft

It's possible that it's just bad.

Blizzard making movies? I doubt it.

Blizzdrones are this fucking stupid.

maybe the evil white men genocide the foreign hordes instead of getting conquered.

is correct

The only people paying to see this are spergs of the highest order and of course they love it because their favorite Vidya is now on the screen

Sage because this doesn't deserve it's own thread

The only race mixing that would happen would be between Medivh and Garona, since that happened in the comics already or something. That was a while ago.

From that union there exists Med'an.

warcraft died after warcraft 3

Reviewers are not nerds, literally the reason.

*war2

Why the fuck is Warcraft even popular from a lore perspective?

Isn't it a shitty ripoff of Warhammer fantasy that 's a decent rip off of Tolkein?

I mean Blizzard never creates anything resembling good lore.

And hell everything they do is a rip off.

Starcraft is a rip off of 40k,

Warcraft is a rip off of Fantasy

Overwatch is a rip off of TF2.

Fuck Blizzard

Damn the memories.
Why did it died?

Fucking epic Gameplay/storyline, how can Blizzard/Anyone fuck this up?

Or maybe it's actually terrible and the studio his iring Pajreet to inflate the user score for 2 cents a click.

The (((critics))) and "Aryan, traditionalist, and tired of Schlomo's shit audience" dichotomy is not Universal.

In this case, it is Blizzdrones swarming out to boost the scores. I watched a torrent copy which was released about 12 hours ago, and the movie is pretty garbage- it could easily have been much better, had they done more with magic and combat, and Vikings dude is generally a head-cocking poor actor, but it was just meh overall.

It follows the Medivh corruption story arc, if you are familiar, with some "elaboration" on the particulars and smaller characters, but mostly focused on the trinity of Khadgar (wizid lyf), Lothar (muh viking) and Garona (orc half-breed played by generic negress).

Parts of the arc felt rushed and not properly fleshed out, the scenes in general just felt as if they lacked any real weight, again, because the acting was pretty garbage, but the script was fairly shit in places too. The guys who made the Frozen Throne cutscenes must be cringing real hard.

Special effects were decent, but again, there was barely any magic apart from Force pulls and throws and shit- one time when Medivh set a bunch of parchment on fire, made a lightning wall, etc, but nothing compared to a decent battle with melee out front being bolstered by priests in the back (another point, absolutely nothing about the Light), with a few Gandalfs on either side.

I'd give it maybe a 4.5/10.

Suddenly I can't type but you get the idea

if overwatch is a tf2 rip off then tf2 is a halo rip off, and if tf2 is a halo rip off then halo is a quake rip off

user, I think that you might be the carbon copy of a retard.

Team Fortress predates Halo you dumb cunt.

You are being paranoid. Rotten Tomatoes has tons of movies like this. Some movies are called critics' movies because they are the only people who like them. While others are complete normie fests of things you probably consider degenerate that the critics hate.

There is no reason to watch Warcraft unless you miss playing it and want to see all that ruined by a shit film. Blizzard missed the boat on the movie by 7 years at least.

fuck off op

Well, there IS Diablo. As in, the one they ignored for over ten years, then mercilessly wrecked.

Know your gaming history, n00b.

wikiwand.com/en/Team_Fortress_Classic

Team Fortress Classic is a team-based online multiplayer first-person shooter video game developed and released by Valve Corporation in 1999. Based on the 1996 Quake modification Team Fortress, the title was ported to Valve's GoldSrc engine as a way of promoting Half-Life's software development kit.

wikiwand.com/en/Team_Fortress_2

Team Fortress 2 is a team-based first-person shooter multiplayer video game developed and published by Valve Corporation. It is the sequel to the 1996 mod Team Fortress for Quake and its 1999 remake.

Even older than Unreal Tournament.

What the hell is this Runescape shit doing on Holla Forums?

Nice (1), you shitposting fuck. Does Blizzard pay you to generate hype for their abomination of a movie or are you just grasping at straws to shitpost whatever comes on your mind here?

Fuck off, retard.

As far as politics is concerned, the movie has almost none. There is some romance between Lothar and Garona. Now Garona is treated as a slave and not assassin, but it's hard to push the slave narrative because the ones doing the slaving were the orcs and not the humans.

The movie pushes you a lot into the realm of disbelief, because they established a bad guy ( Gul'dan and later Medivh) and the most important thing is that characters are one dimensional.

That guy is good, the other guy wants to prove something, etc.

Talked to friends about it, and they all said, that the movie isn't bad but they didn't have high expectations.

As I understand it, Starcraft was supposed to be a 40K game but GW pulled out when it was already mostly done.

what

The same thing that flappy bird shit was doing on it.

Blizzdrones actually believe this.

also Tyranids looked like shit before Starcraft.

Video game movies are almost always shit, just think back to the Uwe Boll days. If Postal or House of the Dead had as massive a fanbase as WoW does the reviews ratios would be very different.

There are still millions of die hard Warcraft fans out there that will give any movie that bears the name a positive review. This is a fanbase that is constantly online and very defensive of their favourite hobby/brand they've spent over a decade with.

You might be on to something about review scores but it's far more likely to be a false premise that ignores another factor. You ought to download the torrent to not waste your time and money on some garbage summer action movie anyways.

Mate I've been playing Warhammer and can tell you that the lore and writing is fucking toddler tier, the only saving grace is that you can enjoy it ironically because everything works on the "rule of cool".

The Hobbit movies got low critic scores and high audience scores. It just means that the audience is full of plebs.

I have no interest in seeing it, but do keep in mind that the audience going to see it are going to be predisposed to like it since, well, they have interest in seeing it.

This happens all the time with Adam Sandler abortions movies. The critical score will be like >30% and the audience scores will be like double its critical score.

I forgive you because Quake was fucking awesome

or, more often, it's because critics, having watched a shitload of movies, are pretty discerning, while the plebs are much more easily amused.

That was Blizzard North i.e. a completely separate team that all left to make Torchlight (and maybe path of exile?).
Blizzard only really published Diablo 1/2, then showed how clueless they are by making Diablo 3 internally. Shit lore, 0% spoopiness, and incredibly unpolished towards the end. They even killed Deckard Cain. No fucking respect for what made Diablo 1 so good.
I hear Diablo 3 is much better now with no real money auction house and better balancing
But I don't have a PS3 so I can't play it in offline mode, and therefore never will play it

They didn't even have the decency to hire the guy who did the fantastic Diablo 1 soundtrack for D3 even though they temporarily hired him for some dull (but recognizable) tracks for the first WoW expansion. Lame.

Diablo 2 killed the atmosphere of the first one already, but at least it had the class system going for it.

So, just watched it.

1. Nothing political about it. If there is, I missed it.

2. I don't get why critics seem to loathe it. It's a good summer flick, on par with Avengers I'd say. But they gave great scores to Avengers and shit scores to Warcraft.

3. It's a good movie. Not a great movie, but a good movie. Not for those who aren't into fantasy however.

And that's it. So, nothing to see here. Nothing like the Angry Birds situation.

They "fixed" Diablo 3:

1. Real Money Auction House was removed

2. They added "adventure mode" which is pretty much the same as the dungeon crawling of the first two games, i.e. way superior to what D3 was originally.

But too little too late. Also, it STILL can't be played offline.

Blizzdrones. That's it. And no, Blizzard is far from redpilled and neither is the movie. If anything it is sjw with the whole shit between the orcs and humans.

Sounds like a step in the right direction.
Man, I guess I might buy it if it drops below $20, or at whatever the current price is if they add offline mode.
But fuck me if I'm paying anywhere near full price for a game that gives me no version control, not even if I want to play solo.

Holy shit the D1 soundtrack was so good. 200% spoopy and it foreshadowed the player character's descent into complete madness perfectly. Not obvious enough to give away the ending, but enough to make me realize in some way that this wasn't necessarily going to end well once I eventually cleared out the lowermost level.
Wasn't there a track for the catacombs (levels 5-8?) where the beat and melody just fades out and then it's a solid minute of babies crying in the distance?

This is getting old, fast

Here is how its works.

Critics are people who watch movies and are normies and can be assumed not to play Warcraft.

The audience of this movie are Warcraft players. Warcraft the movie, is a fan service movie. Warcraft fans are really the only people who are going to like this movie. Everyone else is going to be confused while the actors say names of people and locations they don't explain or show in the movie.

ITS FAN SERVICE AND I LOVED IT. NOTHING WEIRD IS GOING ON IN THIS MOVIE.

I heard they didn't set up any of the characters so if you're not into warcraft it was shit. That would explain the disparity to me.

Feminist Diablo 3 wasn't enough for you?

This is true. While I liked the movie, because I'm a fan, everything just seemed to be happening and was confusing plot wise.

The same thing happened with Batman vs. Superman reviews.

OP's full of shit, but not as much as your retarded buzzwords.

Can confirm Warcraft died after Warcraft 2.
I played 3 and WoW when I was 13-15, but I felt the Lore died after 2.
Orcs being retconned to NOBLE SAVAGES really started the SJW trends. Dranei went from freaks to PROTOSS. Warcraft ended up becoming the DIVERSITY CONQUERS THE EBIL BIG BADS universe.

This.

Half-orcs and even half-elves are nearly non-existent in the game's lore and as a matter of fact it is even implied that halfbreeds are pariahs and outcasts.

Beyond the Dark Portals was my childhood and WC3 my teenhood. I hate WoW for what they did to them.

I found WC3 more than decent though nowhere near WC2. IMO the Frozen Throne was the start of the noticeable decline even though its conclusion was more than decent (and it introduced my favorite character among all Blizzard franchises).

Warcraft never lived. It's Warhammer Fantasy Battle with a very, very, VERY thin coat of paint and the serial numbers hastily filed off.

Warcraft 3 was the first time the series began to distance itself from its plagiarized roots.

Never played it. How was it feminist?

The difference is that WC had semblance of a story instead of intentionally over the top edgyness for shit and giggles.