What is this "Brexit" thing?

I just don't get it, why does Britain want to leave the European Union?

Is it like those Californians wanting to leave the United States?

I mean what's the point? You're still a European country aren't you? Why do you want to leave the European state?

To an American it just doesn't make any sense. I mean if Obango is a bad US President then we vote him out instead of threaten to go independent from the US as a whole. That's just gay.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7zc_q9p9iYg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Another yank embarrasses himself again

wtf I'm not shilling

I'm just asking. I mean it's not like I follow European politics closely but that's exactly why I'm asking here on Holla Forums because the whole "Brexit" thing just doesn't make any sense to me.

wow why don't you educate me on how smart you are then you queen worshipping fag?

Lad it's so painfully obvious that you're a shill. Give up while you're ahead.

Lurk moar

okay if youre so sure that I'm a shill then can you tell me what am I shilling for?

You're just using that word as a kneejerk reaction

This person has got to be trolling. I'm an American, and even I know this shit. He's either shilling, trolling, or he's a=truly a retarded newfag. Either way, we don't need to educate him.

You're clearly shilling against Brexit

Brits think they can be relevent without the EU. Even though they no longer have an empire and leaving will mean they get fucked in the ass by the US then the Russians maybe the Chinese will get a turn. All of this is considering the fact that the EU will just right the vote if it's a yes anyways.

Brits think they can be relevent without the EU. Even though they no longer have an empire and leaving will mean they get fucked in the ass by the US then the Russians maybe the Chinese will get a turn. All of this is besides the fact that the EU will just right the vote if it's a yes anyways.

You've got to be kidding me?

4/10 - Fuck, I replied.

You're the retardest one we've got in quite a while.
Europe is a Continent.
The European Union is a Coalition of Countries.
The European Union is not a Country.
England is a Country, Great Britain is an Island that contains England, Wales and Scotland - The United Kingdom is the Political Union of All those + North Ireland.

That makes no sense at all.

So "Great Britain" is a collection of England Scotland and Wales, which all are countries. And Britain is also a country.

But then the European Union is also a collection of countries, but it's not a country?

Isn't the EU like the federal government anyway and England is like a state?

I mean I've lurked a lot and it seems one of the main arguments for "Brexit" is that you want your "sovereignty" back so I guess it's about England not wanting to be overriden by the EU on a federal level?

Don't bump this low quality shill

PACK UP YOUR REDDIT MEMES AND

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!!

One idiot to rule them all.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST I'M NOT SHILLING OKAY?

I'm just asking an honest fucking question here!

There's literally no coverage at all about this whole "Brexit" thing here on US media it's not my fault that I have probably zero understanding of this EU shit.

did you know you're like, stupid

NATO is a collection of countries too. That doesn't make the US "like a state" of NATO.
Have you considered that you might be retarded?

You fucking newfag, its not like Cali leaving because U.S is UNITED, whereas European union is a UNION of different countries, theres no European STATE. We are all very different. Yet the ((European)) union is working on undermining our cultural, linguistic, and certainly physicall differences so that we too can become one big state governed conventionally rather than individuality.

We all have different laws to fit cultural and social shifts, norms and celebrations, Gods and lore, among many many more things. Each borderly swirl represents its countrys struggle or might, each and every tells a tale of battles that took place between those ever competting peoples.

The jews in Belgium at the top, who are chosen by an unknown entity, OPPOSE our differences, because you can't maximize profits in a chaotic system like this.

We are not one, we are many. Fuck off you ignorant faggot, I know you're one of those "hurr Texas and New York are as different as Portugal and Estonia" .

What a shit thread.

Goodness fuck a ripe thread for dubsposting like this and there are only two posts with doubles.
smh tbh step it up fams also check em

This thread is embarrassing.

Are you this obtuse or are you 14 years old?

The EU is an unelected body that lords over it's European member states and passes down edicts from on high with seemingly little impunity. These "laws" and "regulations" and "policies" have no popular support from the populace of these countries. The people in these countries want control over their territory again and DO NOT want unelected bureaucrats in Brussels telling them what to do. Britain is not the only one, many EU member states are wanting to exit (the people at least, not necessarily their "leaders").

The EU and US fed gov have similarities but they are a lot different.

However I would liken the UK situation to US laws being overridden by the UN just passing out edicts by unelected bureaucrats. This is already getting out of control and if it goes much further I can see the US pulling out of the UN for the same reason the UK wants out of the EU. The major difference is the UN doesn't have control over the US like the EU has over the UK.

your vocabulary is too advanced for OP I suspect

Why would a nation want to leave an extra-governmental union which violates its national sovereignty and forces policies against national self-interest on it? Why would a nation want to remove what is essentially an occupation regime from controlling it? I really wonder why….

>I mean what's the point goy?
>You're still a European pozzed neghole multi-culti with minimal national pride country aren't you?
>Why do you want to leave the [i]western[/i] European communist state?

Reported, 0/10 made me reply with an explanation.

ayo hol up

is you saying england is like, a country but scotland is too but they bof a country togeva?

and the EU be a big country too?

NO

Sheeit Nigguh

I'll bite. They want to leave the EU so they have more independent control over their borders, foreign policy and economy.

I'm not stupid you Euro nigger. I'm currently majoring in a STEM subject.

So it's just like how the US Supreme Court hands down things like abortion and gay marriages to override the State Courts?

Well then why don't you explain it loud and clear to an American? I mean I've made the fucking thread so that I can learn about Europe and shit and suddenly there's all these butthurt Britbongs and Europeans lashing out at the thread shouting SHILL SHILL SHILL like I've fucked their mom or something.

Scotland has a certain degree of self-sovereignty and has and still considers exit from the United Kingdom.

The EU is a big extra-governmental authority, not a big country.

But keep playing stupid, it's convincing everyone that opponents to Brexit and full on Exit of all nations are disingenuous or moronic individuals.

american here

because if you're able to read and know about pol you should be aware of current fucking events yourself, this is elementary knowledge

Majoring in STEM doesn't make one intelligent, any nigger can study STEM and does. If you went in studying STEM because you think it makes you intelligent and you bought into that 6 FIGURE ENTRY LEVEL SALARIES GUARANTEED bullshit, you're quite the opposite of intelligent.

Maybe just fucking kill yourself before you continue this travesty.

wow you're fucking autistic, did you not hear the woosh?

Well then it's pretty clear that Geography is not a prerequisite for STEM.

The United Kingdom is a country because England, Scotland and Wales all came together and said "hey, lets all be one country."

The EU is not a country because all the countries involved came together and said "hey, lets all have a shared economy but remain seperate countries."

Just because an airplane has wheels doesnt mean its a car.

I hate summer.

in america tyrone can get an all expenses paid college vacation if he checks the box labeled STEM

I'm a burger who graduated from a top 5 STEM school so go fuck yourself. It's quite easy from over here to figure out what they are pissed about.
Yes and no. Yes because the supreme court is handing down "legislative" type rulings rather than doing their job of adjudication. No because that is not the purpose of the courts. It would be more like the legislature of the US fed writing laws and the president signing them and handing them down to us in the states.

You've got google faggot, if you're in STEM then you should know how to read.

Also watch this:
youtube.com/watch?v=7zc_q9p9iYg

It's not a
it's a
but given the fact that the two posts are identical, I think it counts

Good god you fucking retard. Being an American is no excuse to your stupidity.

The EU is responsible for mass immigration of 3rd world 80 iq rapists. State sponsored invasion. Britain is part of the EU and now they're voting on whether or not to stay in or leave.

They absolutely need to leave. They pay a shit ton to the EU and get nothing back. A lot of their industry and trade gets restricted because they're forced to only trade within the EU itself instead of the whole world, or some retarded shit like that.

Britain must leave the EU.

Goodness fuck this is painful to watch. Let me spell it out for you in terms your little spic brain will understand.

Scotland and England are "countries" within the UK, and their legal relationship with the UK is comparable to - though not exactly the same as - the legal relationship between Montana and Virginia and the USA. They're referred to as "countries" because they have separate histories and cultures and heritages stretching back thousands of years, which leads to some differences between them that US states don't have.

The UK is a country with international recognition and one federal government. The UK has the authority to have a seat at the UN and to pass laws that effect all four "countries" within its borders.

The EU is an alliance between multiple, internationally-recognized nations like the UK. These internationally-recognized, separate, individual nations got together and agreed upon a relationship with certain terms. A good way to describe this would be as a confederacy - not that you know what a "confederacy" is beyond that there used to be one that had like slaves and stuff. Multiple, independent nations agree to subject themselves to one mediating body to regulate the ways in which they interact with one another, but outside of that they are all their own independent countries.

I have no words for how retarded you guys are

but words

Are you autistic?

Fucking hell there's no need to be so smug about it, govnor. Eh?

Well guess what we actually do teach about what a confederacy is here in the US because we actually study American history here.

So if the Europoean Union is like a confederacy then how come you would want to just leave it to have sovereignty? You just said that a confederacy is where countries come together to interact but still be independent, so how come you would want to leave it to be independent? That makes no sense at all.

If you want to troll brit/pol/, take it to brit/pol/

Eu has little to no elections

Check out these mother fucking trips in the most stupid fucking thread I've seen all week.

if you joined a club that promised you free cake every week but instead lied and instead gave you dicks up the ass everyday, you wouldn't want to leave that club?

assuming you're not a degenerate…

I swear to God, I hope actual retards on par with what OP is LARPing as (I hope) don't find 8/pol/. How can a nigger not know this basic of a thing?

Assuming you're not fucking around.

They want to leave since the EU since many of it's officials are unelected and create policies which effect Europe as a whole, and they by law have to follow nearly all of them, regardless of how much it could detrimental.

That would be like if the, Organization of American States, or the Pan-American Union, dictated countries economical, civil and military laws instead of being a loose organization that promoted peace and cooperation between all the countries in North and South America, which is what EU should've been to begin with.

They are supposed to be largely independent IN THEORY but that's not how these things work in practice. Eventually the central "authority" amasses more and more power, much of the times just granting it to themselves without so much as a popular vote or discussion.

Don't get so caught up in the semantics of what a federation or union etc. are. In practice they are almost never like the theory espoused in class.

Ok burger listen up.

Take your highway system.

The highway system in America is regulated by the federal government, and from what I've seen on maps, it's idea was to link the American states. Note that the way states function in America is very different from the ways it functions in the rest of the world, the EU included.

Let's go back to the highways. In Europe, the highways don't belong to the EU, they belong to the member states, even if the EU pushes some law, the member state can wait as much as possible until it ratifies it, even thou it's obligated to do. As you can see it is very different than in the US.

Welfare is similar. Sweden doesn't pay welfare for Poland or Italy, it pays welfare to the people that live in Sweden. This means that if you decide to move to Italy, it will be Sweden who pays your pension and not Italy.
In America, no matter where you live, a guy in Florida and a guy in California will pay for your welfare.

As you can probably see now, states still have power, and as far as people are concerned they care more about their elected leader ( Cameron for Britain) than the kikes in Belgium. That's why for America, there's pretty much only Obama but for the EU for an outsider it seems that there are more people with power ( Merkel, Hollande, Cameron)

Now the EU wants to kill the states power and turn state leaders into governors. That's why they have this active campaign against populist leaders.

As far as Britain is concerned, they know they don't have sovereignty, they can't refuse to ratify an European directive ( they don't even call it a law the fucking kikes) but at the same time still have some power over the people ( Transportation, immigration (not so much), welfare, wages) and want to get that power back.

Did you understand now burger?

Reported.

Also reported.

You see if this sort of top quality post was made earlier then everything would've gone better.

Thanks, user. That was really helpful. Shame that so many Britbong cucks sperged out though.

Reported.

Yes it is like California wanting to leave the US.

Both the EU and US were setup as vague governing bodies that would help with trade deals as well as possibly help coordinate some defense should the need arise. Over time both have taken more power for themselves and removed power from the states/countries that they view as beneath them.

The EU ramped up its power dramatically faster than the US did and surprised many citizens living in Europe that had not desire for their countries to give up so much power. For instance the EU has actually tried punishing countries for their desire to make their own laws or decisions.

So Britain now wants to leave and get out of the mess.

Reported for obvious kike shill.

This thread is some cringy ass fucking cancer and it's not because of OP.

You're gonna need to elaborate, fucko.

Reported you again for that.

typical fucking summerfag thread

kill yourself OP

But doesn't that analogy fall apart from the Euro? I always thought the Euro was basically the glued together economy of the member counties. Which is why Germany is sitting pretty and Greece got dicked.

OP, the purpose of the EU is literally to wipe out white Europeans as punishment for the holocaust.

It's not some sort of white union. It's a deeply jewish organization where politicians get goodies to sell out their country and flood it with browns. I'm sick and tired of people talking about financial considerations when it's a smokescreen.

The EU is 99.9% about increasing non-white immigration and preventing nationalism. You just can't say that out loud in the news.