Is technology-worship a cult?

Is technology-worship a cult?
Would be better off with less technology living off the land?

You should read Industrial Society and Its Future by Ted Kaczynski. Seriously, not trolling. He talks about that stuff.

No. More useful tech can only be a good thing. It is one of the few good things in this shit life.

Sure if we depopulate to 1908 levels

tech itself is not the issue

advancing tech at a faster rate than we can support leads to leaving important stuff behind

This.

We progress for progression's sake now. You can't view it in a vacuum as it's man's creation and it wouldn't exist as such.

Technology has advanced faster than us humans and our society, we're like magicians that can potentially cast amazing spells, but we waste our magic on the most trivial of things.

At risk of being put on more government watchlists I really like Ted.

Every problem man has can be solved via technology.
sexbots and artificial wombs that make sexual reproduction possible for humans. Neither gender can afford to have problems with the other, because neither gender needs the other now.
technology makes us able to make more then we're ever need
mechanical muscles never tire, nor will they ever cost as much as human labor, this also applies to intellectual labor

Any problem you can think of technology can fix. It also has potential to make us gods, so yes any progression in the development of useful tech is a good thing.

In and of itself, but you're ignoring the problems it creates. Any power comes with a price, and you're giving it the capacity to make Gods. Think about that.

This is why I rarely take anything rightists write seriously.

I am not saying we should move forward without making sure our ass is covered, but it even has the possibility to solve power problems as well, with advancements in fusion, as well as other methods using tectonic plates and such.

Okay, champ. Whatever you say.

Explosives don't count as modern technology?

So? You're focusing too much on tech and none on the human condition. We don't need that shit unless we overreach population. Plus when the fuck has anyone ever successfully covered their ass with tech? It's impossible because some fuckstick is going to get ahold of it anyway.

Define modern technology

I don't like the human condition. I want to transcend it, and the only way of doing that is with tech. Why be human, when you can be more? It the only reason I haven't killed myself yet.

Bad news user. If it's created by humanity it will always be subject to it's faults. Stream an hero plox

The wheel is technology.
The pencil is technology.
Cutlery is technology.
Get used to using what we have.

The more technology advances, the faster advancements come.
I'll wait a few years after AI comes about. If things don't look like their getting any better, then you'll get your stream.

Just philosophically I don't understand thinking that AI will not be human. Explain?

Well, it won't be human, as humans are more then just intelligence. tho I do think we should treat it respect An AI is just that artificial intelligence.

with respect*

I mean, how it will avoid the pitfalls of humanity if it's created within the confines of it? It's just thinking code, not an actual entity.

Humanity is smart, and will work out the errors along the way, and with the help of the AI itself, it with go much faster, so I wouldn't really worry about it.

The Unabomber might agree with you

But it'll never transcend a certain ceiling. It bugs the fuck out of me. For all we know, we're shitty AI made by a team of God Galactic Indian tech support

it'll get better, man.
Technology usually gets better as time goes on, and technology with a super brain is bound to get better.

neo Luddite please

We're so far removed from any our needs. Our meat is canned and our veggies come in tubes. We have no connection to the process of any of our needs, so we fill on meaningless shit because it's all hollow now. That's a big cult tactic.

The fact that you're asking means you've already come to a conclusion for yourself, and you're just being a Luddite shit.

Go get eaten by bears so I don't have to read anymore of your retarded posts, OP.

Excuse the fuck out of you, but I've had to hate Luddites my whole goddamn life. My mother is an insufferable druid moron who constantly complains about the fact, I shit you not, that she was born severely premature and had to have her life saved by a machine.

Those "technophobes" built their own pcs for a reason fag.

No and no. If you disagree, then throw your computer out the window. Do it. Become Amish and shit in the woods.

Are you a D&D character?

yeah, i hear its really easy to get drilled in the ass like the amish faggot you are if your busy bent over in the field tilling your wheat.

i.e kill yourself, seriously

This faggt gets it! /t/hread

Write Ted a letter

Theodore John Kaczynski 04475-046
USP Florence ADMAX
U.S. PENITENTIARY
PO BOX 8500
FLORENCE, CO 81226

Is he a sexual predator like yourself, too, user?

That's the Unabomber. He mailed bombs to people.