ITT Adaptions that were better than the originals

I'll start

The Godfather.
The novel isn't bad, and it does include Vito Corleone's backstory and why Luca Brasi is so feared, but as a story, it's just not as good as the movie. Coppola's a better storyteller than Mario Puzo.

the golden compass was better than the book

Coraline and arguably Stardust.

Nah, the movie missed a shitton of nuances that the book had. Overall the movie is just a shitty generic blockbuster made to make bank off of the hype of chronicles of Narnia.

Grapes of Wrath and To Kill a Mockingbird.

I've always heard the opposite about Coraline but I don't know the differences. What made the movie better?

Every Stephen King adaptation ever made.
That man overwrites like he gets paid by the word.

Obligatory
I fucking hate The Godfather

ayfkm

There wasn't much difference. The Movie was fairly faithful. Wybie is the big difference since he wasn't originally in the book, and in the movie he's kind of unnecessary, he's more there for exposition than anything.

This one is obvious.

Why not the Korean one?

Fair enough, if it was faithful then I'd assume the movie to be better simply because the art direction and music were top notch which a book obviously doesn't have access too.

There's just way too much dumb stupid shit that's lost on the american audience that only koreans would get.

Spike Lee's film cuts out that shit in favor of making a film that's more relatable to foreign audiences.
Korean old boy is superior for koreans while american old boy is superior for everyone else.

Anything starring that plank of wood can't possible be better than its source.

The American remake was fine, except for pacing beyond that though it's not bad.
Not like the manga or the Korean one were good either beyond soundtrack.

You'd fucking hate The Wailing then

I thought someone would have posted this; even "Buttfuck" Chuck Pahlaniuk (or w/e) said the movie was better than his book.

obligatory

Holla Forums hates this movie because it's "reddit"

That ads really help with the fascism angle.

You're funny.

Read the manga, faggot

The manga isn't the original, champ.

It's the only one that matters.

read the title of the thread

He's never directed a good movie in his life.

Completely mangled the explanations behind Sirius and Peter's backstories and kickstarted the fucking grimdark tone for the films all used after that point. Probably the worst of the Harry Potter film adaptions actually.

What did they mean by this?

Was it because of the 4 cm to the right? :^)

All I felt watching that was one anticlimax after another. Visually it's brilliant but plotwise it pales compared to the novel.

That niggers are more fertile than whites. Which is true. They die so much and the parenting is so shitty that it became self selected as a survival trait.

Nah, they just don't know when to fucking stop. Their culture is a bunch of dumbasses leading dumbass revolutions for dumbass reasons like feelings.

They don't buy into the predominately white propaganda like birth control and shit like that because they refuse t identify with anyone that isn't black, if a black person did it they probably would be screeched at for being a race traitor or some shit. Black culture is just that cancerous.

Nah, the reason would probably be exactly that. In the movie she even says it, she's had sex with so many men even she can't remember the father's name. Black people are numerous, they are by far the largest "minority" in any country because they breed like rats thanks to their bumfucking awful culture and it's bumfucking retarded view on birth control and "holding down a man", it's all down to statistics. You got 40 whites who are taught birth control, 30 blacks and 30 assorted other minorities who don't use birth control and were never taught to, even as a disease prevention method, the chances of a black getting pregnant is much greater despite being in the minority. If that makes sense.

I feel just about everything by Philip K Dick. He had interesting ideas, but I could never get into his books. Something about his writting style.

That the woman who became pregnant was a whore that had sex nonstop (she says that she doesn't have any idea who the father was because she has sex so much). CoM is pretty redpilled for how it portrays immigration, the protagonists are all muh open borders muh equality but the UK is the only place in the world that hasn't fallen to chaos and they would if they opened their borders like everyone else. It even shows mutiny in the radical leftists when the leader is killed for not using the baby to virtue signal.

The manga explored the side characters a lot more but the pacing was abysmal whereas the movie is almost perfectly paced.

The movies generally improve the plots too, I think the changes made to Minority Report's plot were great even though the rest of the movie was garbage (BLOOM, shit music, and shit acting).

Literally anything from Steven King.

What source? The original script that wasn't even related to Starship Troopers? The book is not the source; they just renamed it when they noticed mild similarities.

I thought the american one removed elements that made oldboy a good adaption of Oedipus.

sacrilege. Both book and movie are fantastic.

though i did like 2020 as well.

Well yeah, the plot is always an afterthought in Tarkovsky movies. It just there to give the characters a reason to interact with each other.

Me and my friend downloaded all 3 to watch the whole set over a few days

I barely managed to keep myself awake all the way through the first 3 hour abortion. The next 2 were instantly deleted.

I hope the new movie follows the book this time.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. The animu was decent and the cartoon was fun.

I feel the same way about 2001, that the book has a great plot and the movie is a visual masterpiece and I can't decide between the two.

Stop posting shitty bait.

That's because they're supposed to be two halves of a whole. The book was made to compliment the film and the film was made to be a beautiful interpretation of the book. They were developed at the same time with the same goals and plot being worked on by the author of the book and kubrik.

Well I'd rather just have a longer movie that was more faithful to the book. I'm not normally one to harp on movies for not being faithful (I posted Children of Men which Alfonso Cuaron didn't even read) but a movie with the plot of the book and the visuals of the movie would easily be my favorite film of all time.

The Stand is a bad novel. The characters are all just bad stereotypes.

2001 the film fucks up entirely in the third act by turning into a stupid acid trick. The book is far better.

Which is impossible in 2001's case because they were being developed at the same time, the book even includes stuff that Kubrik didn't include in his movie because he felt he was overdoing it with certain themes but the author enjoyed so much he had no qualms putting it in the book.

Read the book 3 times and have no idea what you're talking about. Got a source?

Don't feel like digging a source out but IIRC Kubrik initially planned a whole thing with the space stations being nuclear space missile platforms or some shit that people lived on, to draw even more of a comparison between them and the apes earlier in the movie about how humanity never changes but he didn't wanna do it because he'd already Doctor Strangelove so he axed the idea but the author of the book loved it so much he included it.

Fargo tv series isn't a adaption. It's a pseudo sequel to the movie. That's why there's the bag of money in the snow and they allude to the murders that happened.

To bore you to death?

I agree with this chap

Sort of this. I've read the graphic novel once, but can't really tell you, what the hell was in it

"Nuclear space missile platforms" is definitely not in the book.