Computer potato here: Retarded question, coming thru…

Computer potato here: Retarded question, coming thru…

I believe there's a mod on 4cuck who is out to get me, and I'm wondering if he can see my IP, and could either a) Do something to my computer directly, or b) make false reports to the authorities?

Have a vintage Bankanon for your troubles

I figured I would get some version of this, but honestly, is there a tangible threat here?

Technically yes, but each situation is different.
You running clean computer or home computer?

It's a home computer. I don't even know what a clean computer is.

Elaborate, please.

sounds like a job for magnets

Also, isn't it possible to find someone's IP on an email or Facebook account?

Kek. No, nothing illegal to magnetize, but the thought of the authorities even showing up makes me ill.

Unless they'd care about hundreds of gigs of pirated music, in which case I'd be fucked.

Let me check… fucked if I know

just eat the hard drive if you get raided

Should have the VPNS Proxies TOR networks or whatever shit you like to use on all the time you dipshit. That happened recently to a guy operating a tor exit node. 4chan reported the IP address with no evidence and the piece of shit asshole pigs raided the guy. You gonna get swatted. The real solution is top using shit websites like that.

Evidence of this?

Off the subject, does anyone here remember bankanon, or is everyone from the golden era gone?

that time has passed user

I was afraid of that. This was my only refuge from 2014-15, and I feel like a twat getting nostalgic about it, but it was truly a great time.

look towards the future my friend

Sweet painting

Yeah, although if 4chan does go down, it's not gonna be a very bright one. If we could regain a semblance of the "community" type environmet that 8/b/ had for during that brief time, it would be pretty great.

4chan is gasping it's last breath.

If you poison the watering hole then everyone dies

I still don't think certain boards on 4chan are much "worse" than Holla Forums, it's just that the PPH and the conversation is (or at least WAS) slightly elevated on Holla Forums. And like I said, it felt more like a community, which, for someone with almost 0 social interaction is pretty nice.

That's just japanese m00t trying to get some shekels, he used to do the same thing in Japan all the time.

Yep. Mods sure can do that.

For a short while a year ago when I still browsed /x/, there would be one poster there who would show up on the front page of the index shortly after I would open the page to /x/ (aka I had not made any posts yet, the poster was anticipating me). he would always post a picture of my current steam avatar and a reference to my username at the time.

Seeing as I am computer literate, I looked up and down for a bug, formatted my system and reinstalled on an encrypted OS, etc etc.

I never found out exactly what was going on, and I was faced with a mysterious permanent ban for CP shortly after questioning IRC mods about what was going on.

Interesting. Are you sure they can see your IP before you post?

Any idea what made the mod so buttmad?

das spoopy fam

Meebe he jus wan da dik?

theres a few of us "old"fags still lurking but most are gone.

bankanon was gold but is in the past same as hotwheels
move forward and save this shit for a nostalgia thread later on

Wouldn't CCleaners disk cleaner set to 7 passes be enough?

You just need to update and refresh your software, OP, that's all. Good luck.