Boycott-Google startup

Google has been outted to the public as fixing results for Hillary Clinton's campaign.
This video showed up on my facebook by one of my Bernie supporting friends,
facebook.com/SourceFedNews/videos/1199514293432055/
(I don't know how to make webms of facebook videos)
We need to back this, and call for a full boycott of google.
We can get the bernie fags behind this and really do some damage to google's reputation.
Anyone else thinking this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PFxFRqNmXKg
archive.is/3jBvZ
qz.com/520652/groundwork-eric-schmidt-startup-working-for-hillary-clinton-campaign/
ixquick.eu/
searx.me/
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-does-phishing-and-malware-protection-work
cmail.rocks/stepbystep.htm
brave.com/
brave.com/.
palemoon.org/faq.shtml#Preference:_I_prefer_the_old_Ctrl-Tab
brendaneich.com/2014/01/trust-but-verify/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bumping with more useful idiots

Just installed PaleMoon last week. I'm onboard.

What's palemoon? I'm looking for an alternative to Chrome right now. The browser brave looked good but it crashes on startup for me.

Almost every major company is pozzed. If you can boycott them all you're doing God's work.

It's a FOSS offshoot of Firefox. Seems alright so far.

Is Chromium worth it over Chrome? I want a browser that offers the extension support of Chrome (or Firefox) but I'm too thick to know how to compile it myself.

look what is created when a leftist cunt allows a leftist cuck to ejaculate inside her. look at that fucking pathetic specimen.

JUST

Come on guys share that video:

Did Google Manipulate Search for Hillary?

youtube.com/watch?v=PFxFRqNmXKg

Why wouldn't they manipulate their search engine to favor Clinton? Eric Schmidt wants Hillary to become the next president:

The stealthy, Eric Schmidt-backed startup that’s working to put Hillary Clinton in the White House

archive.is/3jBvZ

qz.com/520652/groundwork-eric-schmidt-startup-working-for-hillary-clinton-campaign/

An under-the-radar startup funded by billionaire Eric Schmidt has become a major technology vendor for Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, underscoring the bonds between Silicon Valley and Democratic politics. The Groundwork, according to Democratic campaign operatives and technologists, is part of efforts by Schmidt—the executive chairman of Google parent-company Alphabet—to ensure that Clinton has the engineering talent needed to win the election.

Reminder that everyone should use IxQuick.eu instead of Google

ixquick.eu/

or Searx

searx.me/

Firefox is already free software, m8.

But it's not open source anymore. That's the catch.

I have tried this, normies don' t care. Normies don't understand. Normies fuck up everything for everybody even if they have good intentions.

People lack technical knowledge and for some reason when it comes to computers they are not willing to learn. A couple of people who hang around the chan starts boycotting google google won' t give a fuck.

Here's half the webm you faggots. Webms for retards is 2complicated4me. It keeps trimming the second half to make it under 8mb.

I'll keep trying tho.

Alright here it is you dummies. The full video.

(checked)

Dubs of helpfulness.

Thanks m8

Free software that supports Encrypted Media Extensions in HTML5 misses the point, they sold out. Debugging the software is effectively illegal thanks to the DMCA, they betrayed their community in the worst possible way they could by helping to make the internet a closed proprietary system that's illegal to tinker with. There are forks like IceCat and Pale Moon that are decent and stay true to what Mozilla was once about.

Plus if you're using Firefox right now every URL is sent to Google. You might as well be using Chrome:

>When you download an application file, Firefox checks the site hosting it against a list of sites known to contain “malware”. If the site is found on that list, Firefox blocks the file immediately, otherwise it asks Google’s Safe Browsing service if the software is safe by sending it some of the download’s metadata.

>In addition to the regular list updates mentioned above, when using Malware Protection to protect downloaded files, Firefox may communicate with Mozilla's partners to verify the safety of certain executable files. In these cases, Firefox will submit some information about the file, including the name, origin, size and a cryptographic hash of the contents, to the Google Safe Browsing service which helps Firefox determine whether or not the file should be blocked.

support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-does-phishing-and-malware-protection-work

It was great until he went full cuck at the end. I know he might have done it to cover his ass, but at the very least he could thrown in a "but this is very suspect" at the end.

You guys are bad at this. The video is 7 minutes long. You can't read most of it now though.

Bing does have that nice wallpaper.

If Holla Forums wasn't retarded then this would have happened years ago.

IF THEY DID IT TO BERNIE
THEY WILL TRY TO DO IT TO TRUMP TOO

I'm glad that we at least had GG to wash over the imageboards because normalfags are never going to realize this line of thinking never works when dealing with the media, especially not with low-energy, inoffensive videos like this.

Where did you find this? The video in the OP is only 3 minutes long.

This will change though, they're openly fucking over bernie in support for hillary. This is more than just some shadowy gay propaganda.

Try harder.

Part of me wants to boycott Google and the rest, but it's so much work.

Does anyone actually do this?

The sane part of me is saying that this is unnecessary unless you're doing something particularly shady that you need to hide. For normal activity, Google just sees you as one of a billion other boring, uninteresting sheeple.

Full video my ass you goddamn nigger shit

thanks fam

Ive never used chrome in my life you dumbass retard
I've since switched to startmail with a private domain and use thunderbird
All that remains is to switch my S3 to a less cucked system or something
I'm keeping my windows 8.1 though, fuck linux

I ALWAYS USE PAPER FUCKING MAPS
I ALWAYS WRITE DOWN MY INSTRUCTIONS TO GET TO WHERE IM GOING
DO YOU NOT?

HOW ARE YOU NOT USING STARTPAGE AS SEARCH ENGINE YET JESUS CHRIST

Easiest thing to do. Start using your browser instead of being used by it.

Startpage acts like a proxy for google, using a one time proxy per search could work for duckduckgo or google as well if you block all the other methods of tracking they use

openstreetmap.org

Your first time renting a server and getting a domain is the hardest and most time consuming part, setting one up and running it can be easy cmail.rocks/stepbystep.htm

Never using one in the first place is the correct option, get rid of it and notice how much money you save every month.

Linux among many others. It's easier to use than Windows now considering that Microsoft is constantly changing the user interface, forcing unwanted upgrades and is acting like a typical rapist when it comes to consent.

Think about how much time you spend at a computer and on the internet and how little you know about it. It's insanity to stay uninformed and ignorant while not expecting things to get worse.

OpenStreeMap looks great, but how do I even use it on Android, it looks like I need to use a third party app or something that "supports" it
Why dont they just do their own Jewgle maps

I downloaded OSMand, looks pretty good.
Had to search a little more to only find the APK's as I deleted everything JEWGLE on my phone

Switching to firefox is retarded. There are thousands of man-years of work necessary to bring it up to speed after a decade of heavy corruption at mozilla and most of the momentum is gone as the best engineers left or were fired. Forking Chrome and removing botnet is a much better plan. Most of the botnet can be removed pretty quickly, then we'd need people to scour the source for shit no one knew about like the voip codec downloader. That and monitoring new commits are the vast majority of the work.

The biggest problem with Chrome is the build is INVOLVED and this will scare off a lot of the fucking garbage "programmers" the community is full of today.

Btw, if going this route, you should also use it to generate controversy and free media about Google's censorship. Have it inject javascript on google shopper to use another search engine when looking for Confederate flags and advertise this feature. The (((media))) won't be able to resist.

Problem is their search is too good.

It's not like switching from coke to pepsi.
It's like switching from coke to diahrrea water.

Bing isn't bad, now. Image search is way better than Google's, too.

Speaking of boycotting google, is there any way to get a minimal Bing interface that looks like google's eg just plain white background, no unwanted ads or "trending" bullshit?

Google's interface is great which is the reason I've stuck with it, but as an actual search engine Bing is way better. It's just that all the ricey bloat they shove in is hideous and puts me off using it.

why would you use Bing?

This is how I know you're a retard and not to listen to anything you say. Chromium is literally millions of lines of code. Just fucking finding the botnet won't be done "quickly." If it were really that easy, people would have accomplished it by now. And Firefox is miles better than Chromium right now anyway; you don't get half the privacy extensions Firefox has when you use Chromium.

Trading jewgle botnet for microdick botnet is fucking retarded. Try startpage.com, ixquick.eu, or searx.me. Startpage is literally just google results on another website if you're autistic about your precious google results.

NO BING!! You're dumping shit for shit.

DuckDuckGo!

holy
fucking
shit

I knew things were bad, but I definitely missed that one. Fucking hell, that's worse than rock bottom.

use fucking startpage

This is a little inaccurate, you can easily set firefox to not do that.

If you are using the firefox malware functionality that can easily be disabled. If you are too lazy to check your settings menu, try out the addon fat free fox that disables a lot of BS in firefox.

That garbage browser that replaces the ctrl + tab tab switch logical order feature with some shit alt + tab style queue is obnoxious, poor programming, shitty implementation, and useless memory and CPU usage.

yes
yes
no, google maps isn't the only option
no, gmail isn't the only option
no, android + ios + windows phone aren't the only options, you do not need a "smart phone"
no, windows 7 with GWX control panel, all updates off is fine

what do you use

www.startpage.com
www.ixquick.com

DDG isn't OS so it's garbage.

An old version of cyberfox.

Install brave.com/ browser. Do it, faggot.

No. It's garbage. It's UI is garbage.

Use brave.com/.

Brave was created by that guy who got boycotted out of a job at Firefox. It's a great browser though.

Has ad-replacement. (Ad-block can be turned on in an option but at the moment ad-replacement is not actually serving any ads so it's just basically an ad-block).

What about is is supposedly garbage?

If you downloaded it early on, it had fewer features. Now it has almost everything.

Yeah, the competitor to (((google))) is totes a jewish plot.

>>>/tumblr/

The guy who got fired for opposing gay marriage is such a Jew. Totally.

You can easily fix this, it's even in their FAQ

palemoon.org/faq.shtml#Preference:_I_prefer_the_old_Ctrl-Tab

They've switched away from jemalloc for memory management and went with the one in the OS for portability, just compile from source with –enable-jemalloc if it's such a big deal to you. Worse performance but at least memory use will be slightly lower.

IceCat is more along the lines of what a user here ought to look into as it's supported by the GNU project and focuses on privacy. But Pale Moon isn't bad for what it is, the guy behind it might be a gay Swedish furry but I trust him to make the right decisions as it pertains to building a decent browser far more than Mozilla Google and Microsoft combined.

I use "totes" when I'm being sarcastic.

You're forgetting to change IP between posts.

OMG you've caught me!

There is little more pathetic than attacking the browser of the guy who got boycotted for opposing (((gay marriage)))

Maybe you're a fucking faggot?

I like Brendan Eich but the idea that he was fired over a small donation made years prior to the boycott that resurfaced out of the blue doesn't hold water.

Right before major dating sites started blocking Firefox he wrote an incredibly disturbing blog post about how surveillance on the internet was a very big deal and becoming a minefield;

brendaneich.com/2014/01/trust-but-verify/

Most important part here

>Every major browser today is distributed by an organization within reach of surveillance laws. As the Lavabit case suggests, the government may request that browser vendors secretly inject surveillance code into the browsers they distribute to users. We have no information that any browser vendor has ever received such a directive. However, if that were to happen, the public would likely not find out due to gag orders.

>The unfortunate consequence is that software vendors — including browser vendors — must not be blindly trusted.

And as I complained about earlier:

>Mozilla Firefox in contrast is 100% open source [1]. As Anthony Jones from our New Zealand office pointed out the other month, security researchers can use this fact to verify the executable bits contained in the browsers Mozilla is distributing, by building Firefox from source and comparing the built bits with our official distribution.

This isn't the case anymore. He was kicked out over manufactured outrage and closed source parts were included immediately afterwards.

Is Brave any good? I don't know, it seems to be yet another generic Chromium spinoff. Not interested and pretty disappointed with the direction he's taking web browsers.

Even if you think that that was just used as a pretext internally, he was used as a public example of what happens to people who oppose gay marriage. In everyone's mind he was fired for that..

Brave is good. Try it on some sites with heavy ads. Its still a work in progress, but they've improved it really fast. I use a backup browser for things it doesn't do or doesn't do well (rarely).

Replacing ads? Sites need revenue somehow. If you take their "ad" revenue they'll be more and more dependent on "sugar daddies" using them for propaganda.

Don't forget they rigged Iowa for both sides

Look at his name (((Matt Lieberman))

We should co-opt this. Encourage the useful idiots to start some friendly alternative search engine and then fill it with dank right-wing content.

you deserve everything you get, cunt