Pale Moon 27 - based on a more recent Gecko version, includes 1080P video support

What does /tech think about the new Pale Moon 27?

It may be an Alpha so far, anyone believes it could be the Open Source browser for which we are dropping Chromium or Firefox?

palemoon.org/WIP/

Offers a more state of the art Gecko engine, new webtechnology support and 1080P Youtube video support. Also no Chrome UI imitation crap.

Opinions?

Is it good or just another waste of time?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.palemoon.org/viewforum.php?f=56
github.com/MoonchildProductions/Tycho
github.com/MoonchildProductions/Tycho/issues/75
forum.palemoon.org/index.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

forum.palemoon.org/viewforum.php?f=56 - official board section where you can post suggestions or complaints

github.com/MoonchildProductions/Tycho

Contribution place if you want to help enhance the code

I personally do not find version 27 Alpha that bad. If they really make it fully polished, i could easily see myself dropping Firefox.

Because there are zero good alternatives around based on Firefox code and without that Australis garbage.

Fuck no, day of the rope can't come soon enough.

pick one, mozshill

It's just an excuse for the 80th identity politics thread on Holla Forums this week, obviously.

been using palemoon for a while just because something about it's prefs (about:config) allow my nigger tier internet service to browse the web, whereas firefox will hang on loading indefinitely about every 20 minutes or so and I don't want to go through all the settings to unfuck Firefox.
i dunno. shit just werks for me :^)

Australis is a cheap Chrome imitation. There is no excuse for using such a lame garbage

Also, Pale Moon is constantly updated with security fixes, which does not make it outdated you ignorant prick.

You're forgetting that pale moon was made by a furfag.

Well, if i have the choice to pick a product by a Google Chrome design and technology loving company without own ideas which bows down to minimalism and simplicity just that they are able to absorb the user base of Google Chrome (Mozilla) or a furfag product which gives me choice and options...

Then i pick a furfag product.

You're really grasping at straws here.

Really.. i personally give a fuck if it is closed or open. I use what i think works best.

Have enough closed source software around which i never will remove.

And now go crying you little baby :) I do not care if it is because you feel disgusted or if you are angry.. Just.. cry :D

I use greasemonkey with viewtube, youll get the same thing but better. Allows you so just save videos too and youre not stuck using flash.

I'll take a furfaggot who makes a tolerable product over a team of SJWs who remove useful features to make room for useless bloat.

The only restriction is that the devs came out and said you can't package and distribute the binaries with literal malware, because that was a problem for them. And that only applies to wankblows as the GNU/Linux version is installed via a permissively free shell script. If the plight of the poor oppressed malware really bothers you that much then you're free to compile from source.

Which features are those?

Kill yourselves, furfags are part of the filth who are destroying western society. In a better era, you would have been blacklisted, arrested, or even killed for supporting degeneracy. Fuck you, I hope you fags fucking die.

Then make a decent Holla Forums approved fork, you dumbfuck

Or how about you kill yourself instead you furfag degenerate.

Brave already exists and has all the good parts of Mozilla's code. :^)

Is Adblock still busted?

Yes, they still take bribes like they've been doing for years.

But that's wrong.

Haha... This is the right question which one has to ask :D

If they failed to keep Pale Moon earlier up to date and they will not use a new engine after the one they picked for their re-base, how will they be able to keep that one then up to date?

github.com/MoonchildProductions/Tycho/issues/75

This new Pale Moon is already outdated and it will also have no future. Case closed, install Firefox!

I'll take the Pale Moon furfag over Mozilla SJWs.

You really are SJWs with fewer friends and more guns.

Enjoy your buttcoin miners.

Yes it's very wrong and immoral, which is why anyone with an IQ over 60 moved to uBlock years ago.

Do Twitter videos work yet?

Seamonkey.

Kill yourself furfag cuck.

Kys nazi, Holla Forums are literally edgy SJWs, you both want ideas and speech censored but still claim to be for 'free speech', you're both disgustingly racist just to different colors, you both have 'facts' that no one seems to accept because privilege/white guilt, you're both disgusting degenerates. I hope you both drive each other off a cliff so everyone else can live without your stupidity.
I'm not even btw. You are just both infuriatingly retarded. Go cry about --oppression-- white genocide.

Use Seamonkey

Why are you even invading this board? Everyone here hates you immigrants.

In the current era you will be blacklisted, arrested, and killed for being le evul raycist while using a SJW-controlled browser with jewgle telemetry. Using vanilla firefox is no different from using chrome. The only safe forks are palemoon and icecat or abrowser if you feel like adding trisquel repos, and last time I checked icecat it was broken beyond use. Safety is well worth tolerating a guy who likes ugly art.

THERE IS NO BROWSER BUT ICECAT
GNU IS THE CREATOR OF ICECAT

I've been having issues with Pale Moon lately myself. Maybe someone could help with it.

Browser keeps crashing. I updated to the most recent version when it became available, and since then, I've had multiple browser crashes. Worked beautifully before then though.

I use Windows 7 Home Premium - x64(inb4 'there's the problem'. Working on building a new system, but this is the gaming PC and the only one I have right now.), and the verison of Pale Moon is for x32 since the x64 crashed even more.
The only addons I use are Adblock and I Don't Care About Cookies. Both are up-to-date, and I have automatic updates turned off. Source of the crash is mainly the xul.dll plugin, but on occasion, the mozjs.dll plugin will also cause a crash.

First off, every last bit of hardware and software IS up-to-date! (including java/adobe flash/etc...) Registry is clean, everything is optimized/etc... I've been troubleshooting this problem on my own, and I'm frustrated because I can't figure it out.

Oh, and I've tried uninstalling/re-installing it too. Still crashes.

What's hilarious is that they actually are fucking immigrants, and do the exact same thing they hate about immigrants.
Yet they don't realize the irony.

AND NOW WITH NO GOOGLE OR CUCKZILLA FUCKERY, TOO!
Shill pls. I trust Furrymeme far, far more than either of those cucked botnets. I use PM all day, every day.

The language centers of your brain have begun to atrophy through years of brainwashing. You're hardly qualified to make statements like that.

yiff in >>>/oven/

Furfags are symptom of a decaying civilization, not the cause of it. In any case, I trust the furfags over soulless lizards running Chrome, or the soulless SJW neurotics that need to control everything they see.

Holla Forums can't stand any kind of meritocracy. They're literally the same breed of cancer as SJWs.

To be honest, this looks like an edgy wannabe Holla Forumsster. I've been on Holla Forums and even the most nazi anons can say something apart from "le go to oven furry cuck!". The repeated use of "cuck" despite of context is one of the defining traits of edgy summer kids.

sage for off-topic

Pale Moon is yet to ship with functioning 1080p.

my sides just momentarily reached the temperature of the sun and fragmented into white hot chunks travelling at one hundredth the speed of light.

>>>/tumblr/ pls.

Lel. Welcome to the Internet newfriend.

They forked the product entirely. Adblock Latitude is the PM version.

No thanks, >(1)

This. The most rational response ITT/10.

I recommend the actual forums user. It's quite active.
forum.palemoon.org/index.php

As I'm an obsessive geek, if something like that was happening to me personally, I probably wouldn't stop until I solved it. One approach I would use might be to create a virtualbox image and start eliminating possible issues one by one there. One of the best common sense approaches to troubleshooting anything is to simplify the problem as much as reasonable. Good luck.

I would love to know why Pale Meme still establishes several connections to e100.net (Google's "safe browsing" botnet) even though the functionality is supposed to be removed.

If you want a hipster browser then use Opera or Vivaldi.

The only compelling reason to use Firefox is the addons which mostly don't work in the Fail Meme fork.

Will keep using it as long as it keeps supporting sync 1.1

It's not ugly and the guy draws pretty well tbh

Shush, let's just get back the Holla Forums vs /furry/ slapfight, that's more important.

simple typo, the dev got his e-number off by about 521

Anybody concerned about that will just compile it themselves

As it is, I'm running it on a Pentium 4, and it's more responsive than Firefox (though less so than Chrom*)

>>>/auschwitz/
Into the camps you go!

YES GOY, IT WAS PURE COINCIDENCE

disgusting.
FLASH can be replaced with mpv (which IS available for Windows) if all you do is watch cucktube with it. If you use java programs in your web browser please kys. As for the crashes, download and install the latest stable release, and wait for the ALPHA to be finished

Oh right, they had no fucking 1080p support before. Now I remember why I got rid of Palemoon.

this thread is cancer.

SAGE

I might consider about switching to this meme if its out of alpha

That's not 10% bruh.

Is the JS engine more up to date? A few months ago I abandoned PM because certain sites looked like they went through a cuisinart. I would love to go back because it is the only SJWfox based browser that fixed memory leaks.

I'm just going to go back to Firefox because I'm fucking tired of broken add-on compatibility.