What is the state of computing in Japan? How big is their market for software engineers?

What is the state of computing in Japan? How big is their market for software engineers?

Their biggest employer in the software sector is Nintendo m8

Who the hell do you think you are? You’re top shit? Anybody give a shit about who you are? Maybe everybody else wants some actual discussion and not some sarcastic bitching. This is one of the most important places on the internet and who are you? Who are you? You miserable presumptuous no talent. You’re not from here. An user respects the board, it serves the foundation of creativity. You obviously don’t have the balls. You don’t have enough respect for yourself or other people, or know what it means to respect yourself. In shitposting or any form of creativity. And I’m an MIT graduate. Fucker. And have worked with Google, Microsoft, Apple and NASA among others. You're a faggot. You’re a no talent faggot. If you really have talent, go practice. And then get yourself a job, instead of ruining the day for everybody down here. You disgrace. You are everything that’s gone wrong in this world. You’re a self consumed, no-talent, mediocre piece of shit. And I’ve earned my right to say it. Okay? Around 14 years ago, I made Windows XP with Bill Gates. Who the fuck are you? I knew Linus Torvalds and Richard Stallman since the 1980's. Who the fuck are you? You’re nothing. You are nothing. And you will never be anything. Never. How dare you? You miserable, mediocre nothing. Shame on you. You crack a stupid little smile, you little pimp. Go learn to code. You’re flat. You can’t even learn Japanese. I don’t care about your limp dick, it doesn’t mean you know what you're talking about. You’re a loser. I’ve trained myself in software development, I’ve trained myself in hardware development, and you're a faggot. Get out of my sight.

This better be copypasta.
lol

who gives a shit?

There may be demand for qualified programmers there, but the jobs will be shit and pay like shit. If you aren't middle management, you're a replaceable cog in the machine and you will be treated as such regardless of how much you accomplish relative to your peers. Until the early 2000s, game developers weren't even allowed more than a pseudonym in the credits, under the logic that recognizing talent and achievement would encourage poaching from other companies. This is the shit the natives have to deal with, and being a gaijin makes it considerably worse.

Oh, and do you think Java is archaic and outdated? These people still use fax machines; be prepared for a crash course in COBOL.

Should you start a career there? Short answer no, long answer noooooooooooooooo.

they made scale models of the ThinkPad 701c so okay I rekon

Flat is justice, everything else is delicious new pasta

I wouldn't move there for the language and because I heard the police are assholes to westerners and you can't do shit about it

lolno
China has a better startup scene than Japan does

i suggest relocating to japan, anime wil be real soon and you need to be ready to get first pick of waifus.

The police in Japan haven't spoken to me in twenty years. I am an inoffensive looking older Englishman, so this may not apply to you. I don't know any dangerous-looking black gentlemen, but a couple of foreign women I know have been stopped and questioned, probably because it's more fun for the policemen to talk to them than me.

Top quality pasta

L O L
O
L

I picture you with a big mustache and a monicle. I seriously thought for a while that's what you must look like, and I had to wonder, why wouldn't they fuck with you?

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if your average Japanese person thought that was normal.

Japan is still Windows XP tier, their websites look like they are still from the 90s. They maybe do good JRPG, but software engineering, it is like looking in the past. Perhaps that is a sign that they need "new blood" that can bring new technology and ways of development over there.

sign me the fuck up tbh

yaaay

Good. Modern website design is garbage.

It's probably due to their culture more than anything.

Hopefully Kojima will open their slanty eyes wide enough to see the future.

Sounds like Japan is ahead of the curve!

Good.

Where do I sign up? I know I should at least say goodbye to my family but I think I'll be there by tomorrow morning, I cant catch a plane soon enough

just one of the hilariously backfired Holla Forums posts