OKLAHOMA ASSET SEIZURE

news9.com/story/32168555/ohp-uses-new-device-to-seize-money-used-during-the-commission-of-a-crime

The state of Oklahoma arms their highway patrol with card scanners so they can clean out your bank account right on the side of the road.

Essentially, you get pulled over, be asked what you do for a living, be told that what you do doesn't justify the expensive lifestyle you seem to project, therefore the State is seizing your bank balance until you can prove otherwise.
You cant make this shit up anymore

Other urls found in this thread:

nasact.org/files/Conferences_and_Training/Speaker_Bios/Williams_T_Jack.pdf
linkedin.com/in/t-jack-williams-b09834
oklahomawatch.org/2016/06/07/new-front-in-civil-forfeiture-okla-authorities-get-devices-to-seize-funds-loaded-onto-prepaid-cards/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

guilty until you can tell me why you're hauling $5.00 in those jeans, user

Well, that's just great.

OKLAHOMA YES

People need to die over this.

That'll be $5 citizen. Just take your debit card out of your wallet so we can take out the $50. These scanners you paid for with your tax money have trouble reading through leather. And there, $500 withdrawn!

so ship your wallet to your destination by office when driving somewhere?
Can't steal what you don't have

Keep a fully addressed and postaged envelope on you at all times. Anything you don't want a cop to look at, throw it in and seal it. Federal offense to open mail without a warrant.

OKLAHOMA CITY -

You may have heard of civil asset forfeiture.

That's where police can seize your property and cash without first proving you committed a crime; without a warrant and without arresting you, as long as they suspect that your property is somehow tied to a crime.

Now, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol has a device that also allows them to seize money in your bank account or on prepaid cards.

It's called an ERAD, or Electronic Recovery and Access to Data machine, and state police began using 16 of them last month.

Here's how it works. If a trooper suspects you may have money tied to some type of crime, the highway patrol can scan any cards you have and seize the money.

"We're gonna look for different factors in the way that you're acting,” Oklahoma Highway Patrol Lt. John Vincent said. “We're gonna look for if there's a difference in your story. If there's someway that we can prove that you're falsifying information to us about your business."

Troopers insist this isn't just about seizing cash.

"I know that a lot of people are just going to focus on the seizing money. That's a very small thing that' s happening now. The largest part that we have found … the biggest benefit has been the identity theft," Vincent said.

"If you can prove can prove that you have a legitimate reason to have that money it will be given back to you. And we've done that in the past," Vincent said about any money seized.

State Sen. Kyle Loveless, R-Oklahoma City, said that removes due process and the belief that a suspect is presumed innocent until proven guilty. He said we've already seen cases in Oklahoma where police are abusing the system.

"We've seen single mom's stuff be taken, a cancer survivor his drugs taken, we saw a Christian band being taken. We've seen innocent people's stuff being taken. We've seen where the money goes and how it's been misspent," Loveless said.

Loveless plans to introduce legislation next session that would require a conviction before any assets could be seized.

"If I had to err on the side of one side versus the other, I would err on the side of the Constitution,” Loveless said. “And I think that's what we need to do."

News 9 obtained a copy of the contract with the state.

It shows the state is paying ERAD Group Inc., $5,000 for the software and scanners, then 7.7 percent of all the cash the highway patrol seizes.

This seems to be the president or main dev according to this:

nasact.org/files/Conferences_and_Training/Speaker_Bios/Williams_T_Jack.pdf

How are they getting possession of my cards?

The best they can hope for (from me) is my license and registration/insurance cards.

It would take some serious effort to legally* access my vehicle and its contents. * and if not, I bet they can't pull video from the cloud with their faggy card reader…

Buy pic related, put all finance cards and cash inside and store it in the spare tire area, console or other compartment.

They can't make you open it without a warrant.

"Probable Cause".
They do it all the time in Oklahoma. All they need is suspicion. Your going to have a drug sniffing dog barking at your trunk, and officers testifying that you were acting nervous like you had something to hide.

I would almost absolutely guarantee your entire vehicle would be impounded and declared "seized property" with one of those.
But don't worry, once you prove you weren't doing anything illegal you'll get it back.

why does the highway patrol need to seize assets for traffic violations?

Underrated advice.

Wew.

Since when does a highway patrolMAN have the right to ask me about anything besides how fast i was going or why am i not wearing my seat belt??

More infringing on our rights thanks to the war on drugs. I'm not pro-drug, but im definitely anti this shit and that's all the war on drugs has been, a SLIPPERY SLOPE NOOO MUH fallacies fuuuug

Neat-o. Thanks, man.

Wow! That's incredibly jewish.

Seconding this

Necessary for the state to have this power. Nobody likes it but cash is increasingly becoming your phone. This will be something the less intelligent people rage against the machine over.

Jokes on them, can't steal my shit if I'm broke

Yeah, no. This is clearly a corrupt police force extorting and bullying hard-working citizens for cash. There are already numerous cases of police abusing their powers to pull people over and make money though tickets. Giving them this power only serves to increase their ability to reap people for shekels. If this spreads to other states, people are gonna get real pissed real fast, hopefully people aren't cucked enough to just let their wallets get reamed.

Hold on the entire point, traditionally, of civil asset forfeiture is to take the property discovered at the scene of the crime, e.g., large amounts of cash is an alleged drug courier's car, a drug courier's car. It is not supposed to be a means implement summary RICO forfeiture. Taking money help in a remote bank account without any establishment of guilt is an unwarranted seizure of assets.

You don't think drug mules would be doing that already if it worked?

the absurdities of civil asset forfeiture aside, this is the most disgusting part. just obvious blatant corruption.

That shit is directly a side effect of the drug war. Yet some faggots will still suck Nixon's dick saying he did a great job creating it. Now cops can rob anyone they want and you can't even have the money to hire a decent lawyer so here, have a state attorney who will ask you to do a plea bargain even if you're innocent. Don't worry you'll just have to do 3-6 months with Bubba.

i like this meme

NIGGAU STOLE A WHOLE CHRISTIAN BAND

wewlad

The sheer audacity of these people astounds me.

Came here to say this

There's a small chance that this will stop if enough cops die

Also the execs at this ERAD company deserve attention

The ERAD Group president is Thomas ("T. Jack") Williams.

Williams also owns a company that sells prepaid access debit cards:

linkedin.com/in/t-jack-williams-b09834

Yeah this is pretty much the greenlight for everyone in Oklahoma.

As if this is going to work.

And what's stopping you from going to your bank and canceling the transaction?

What's stopping me from stealing one of these devices and using people's money to buy some cryptocurrency

Oklahomo

I wonder what cops are going to do when whites quit treating them as friends and start putting holes in them instead?
OK will be finding out soon I think

Shit they won't even have to, I'm sure there's a nigger population they can convince to go full-boar cop-killer.

If they had a warrant to seize your shit, they could just go down to your bank and tell them to freeze your account.

If they don't have a warrant, you don't have to give them your credit card when they ask.

de brice of freedomb :DDDDd

Credit card fraud is also a federal offense, user.

You know you're just memeing us fatter m8.

If you were nice you'd meme us into shape

well, there's an easy way to get around this, OP:

ONLY CARRY CREDIT CARDS IN OK

Yeah, yeah, its debt slavery and whatnot, but the money doesn't actually exist on the card, just the potential for debt, so there's nothing to take. What, are they going to max out your cards? Tell the collections agent to ask the state of OK for the money, since they stole it.

1) If you have a debit card, memorize your card number and the verification code on the back if you have one. I've already done this unintentionally since I order so much stuff online anyways.
2) Get a credit card with the minimum allowable amount on it. This is easy, since banks here in the states mail you one unrequested about once a week.
3) Use only your credit card during your travels. If you're moving through OK (or most states, since this will set a precedent for the rest) just mail your shit or ask for a new one to be sent to your new address.
4) Use online bill-pay programs your bank may have to zero out the balance on your credit card at the end of each month, denying loanshark his interest. If your bank doesn't have one of these, find one that does.

Sure, it's more effort that usual, but you're used to expending a little effort to be free of some of society's chains, aren't you? After all, you're here already.

WEWWW

Not surprised. Americans aren't even mad they get the ends of their dicks chopped off. They hate themselves. So when the pig steals the money, the driver will believe deep-down he deserved it anyway.

That's a dumb way to say, "The system trusts a cog in the system."

Current year man did an okay vid on this stuff. Humor is cringey, but it exposes a bunch of this kind of stuff.

Isn't this communism?

"Individuals do not have privacy rights with magnetic strips cards."
oklahomawatch.org/2016/06/07/new-front-in-civil-forfeiture-okla-authorities-get-devices-to-seize-funds-loaded-onto-prepaid-cards/

You're getting really good at shitposting with several muslims cocks in your mouth.

Doesn't highway robbery carry the death penalty? Because this is literally armed robbery on the highway.

The thing is, the cop can still, for example, use his drug sniffing dog to give a false positive and thus, he/she can open the envelope. Unless you have some video of the officer doing this it won't matter much. However, even if you do have footage of him overstepping, he could still use this justification that you were hiding something, in this case, money for which you may now find yourself in a world of different shit.

gonna need sauce on that enchilada fam

Shoulda seen shit like this coming when they cucked for cruz

No Lawyer? No witnesses? What sort of due process is this?

That's some of the most blatant corruption I think I've ever seen.
At least in countries where you can bribe cops they let you go after they steal your money.

Things must be really bad if they're resorting to outright theft.

It's absolute corruption and completely unconstitutional. Government in this country only serves itself at this point, it's only a matter of time before they cross a line from which the people will need to refresh the tree of liberty.

This is pretty fucked up. I wonder if they're targeting injuns