English is the best language in the world

How can other languages even compete?

DESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESUDESU

English has given us such rich words as:
nigger
cuck
faggot
homosexual
politician

It IS Germanic, negro.

There are tens of millions of native English speakers that roll their r's.

There is. "A" versus "an". It's just very simple and not particularly extensive.

You are correct, though. English is the greatest language every developed or invented.

Latin

French

French

Latin

Latin

Try again, buv.

Hark, cries of a haughty shartman of mart. Your pleasantries and compliments won't see you beholden here.

You're forgetting that Aenglish has also given us wonderful new pronouns like "xi" and "xir".

Is that what you've decided to call American English?

The mane issue with English is the shear number to words with duel meanings and spellings despite them sounding the same.

it's called context you cuck

Xith xetters xtarting xith X, xt's xetter xo xall xt "alienglish".

The English language is a fucked up Frankenstein language, do yourself a favor and learn French or German or Russian and forget it.

English is shit. I feel sorry for you bastards that had to learn it as a second language.

I feel sorry for the bastards that learned it as a first (and only) language.

That's what happens when you're a nation of people too lazy to move your tongue properly and write words correctly.

Can anyone remember the language developed to be as efficient as possible with pronunciation always matching spelling? I think it was made my a mathematician in the '70s.

So I lets others fuck my partner because I don't like context sensitive language?

Agreed.

I should stop being lazy and learn Russian.

It's Gentoo.

Well, as a native speaker of English whose spent some time learning Spanish and German (not fluent in either), I still prefer English. Partly for the reasons I mentioned in OP post.

Getting over the Russian alphabet, tho…

What's your native language?

That is true, actually. That's probably the strongest argument against English.

I mean like in a Spanish or French kind of way. That's not really a part of the English default speech. Some autists might, but its really not a part of it.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

My favorite English sentence!

There is their witch they're! Which' minute is minute compared to our hour!

You're your own worst English write, right?

See the sea by the buy before saying bye!

English is a fantastic language!

English sure is great OP!

Sub sub sub sub sub!

Two is too much to take to!

That reminds me of this one

I just said that entire poem out loud and pronounced everything fine. I was top of all my classes in English though. I could probably major in English if I wasn't a lazy and poor fuck

American.

What is "terpsichore" and how do you pronounce it? It's the only one that stumped me.

Reminder that they wuz English an sheeeit

Terp si kore i

I recognize it as a Greek word. The final "e" is pronounced as a long E and the ch is pronounced as a K

Of course I could be wrong on it being Greek and still pronouncing it as Greek, this is what is called "Hyperforeignization"

I was close, I was thinking "Terp si kore".

Are you a teacher?

My cousin actually learned Russian after about 2 years, although it probably had more to do with fucking his Ruski girlfriend and less about reading poetry or whatever.

No, again, I just aced my English classes. I could easily see myself as a teacher if I had some degree in English, sadly I do not. I've always been better at language arts than math, I fucking hate math actually.

Cool.

I'm doing it myself for fun as I'm just curious how bad it really is. It's hard to get over the Cyrillic alphabet in the beginning and not knowing how to read anything without looking at each and every character.

I really do like the sound of the Slavic languages.
Perhaps more than German.

French don't roll their r's. Irish, Scots, Welsh, some people in northern England and Canada do.

Bruh, Slavic chicks sound like angels, but when Slavic guys open their mouth every word sounds like cyka blyat (I never spoke to any Slavs outside of CS:GO so fuck if I know). I don't think the Cyrillic alphabet is that hard, I was learning Arabic once and as much of a mindfuck language it is, I learned the alphabet in less than a week.

Music like this though…

Terpsichore is the muse of dancing and dance music.

We need a tier list for ways of saying the letter R.
Feel free to add any ones I missed.

The way the Japanese pronounce "R" by adding a "d" sound to it

Well, it certainly takes time to associate the new characters with their sounds, having used the Latin alphabet for so many years.

I've only been on it for 2 days, but every Russian word I see, i have to look at each char to determine its sound. It's very slow…I guess it gets easier over time.

These are related, of course, and it's not "several languages & families" but, rather, many. This has a lot to do with conquest, at first being on the receiving end of it and, later, doling it out. For centuries, Britain was Cuck Island. Its mostly Celtic inhabitants were either slaughtered or pushed back into the hills or the coldest, shittiest parts of the isles by waves of Germanic invaders, who spoke a variety of languages. Some were actually mutually intelligible dialects, but some were from different branches of Germanic (North and West Germanic). The West German dialects of the Angles and the Saxons form the base of English, but a number of Viking invasions left their mark on English, too. The French came in 1066, but they were actually Normans, who were French who had, themselves, been Vikinged. Latin didn't really "take" in Britain when Julius came, but left its mark over time as the language not only of the church, but of international scholarly communication.

Shit really got weird when the English went out to cuck instead of being cucked. That's when, in addition to Germanic, Latinate, and Greek flava, all kinds of weird words from Asia, Africa, and the Americas got grandfathered into English. "Tea" comes from a Chinese dialect. "Coyote" and "chocolate" come ultimately from Nahuatl, though perhaps through Spanish. Zombie comes from a word in a West African language, "Nzambi". And so forth.

So, while a handful of languages have had the most influence on the development of English, there are dozens, from all over the world, that have contributed to the daily vocabulary of English. Hundreds if you want to count more obscure words.

So English is an extraordinarily rich language. It's partially because English speaking peoples have been such itinerant bastards, but also because of a certain mental flexibility. The French and Icelanders, for example, have national bodies that decide on the "correct" words for things which are "proper French" or "proper Icelandic." There's nothing similar in Britain or the US that I'm aware of, and if there is, it has no force. English speaking peoples don't obsess about what to call a thing as long as they can trade for it, fuck it, eat it, or kill it. It's an admirable practicality, I suppose.

Laura's purse. "Laura's" is genitive case. Think about what the apostrophe represents :)

But yes, in general, English grammar, in that sense, began to simplify dramatically early in the 2nd millennium.

As has been pointed out, this varies by region. But in standard British and American English, yes, no rolling Rs.

English is pretty neat.

desu

English is becoming highly contextualized, with words getting verbed all over the place. In 600 years it will be like Chinese.