They are Back

Looks like Pete, MJ and Mayday are back. What do you think Holla Forums? Could this be good like the new Cage with Genndy?

I've given up hope of Marvel creating anything worth reading these days.

In the very least, Gerry Conway does know how to write, which is more than can be said for Slott or Bendis.

Even if this somehow isn't the worst of the Marvel books coming out, it'll still feel wrong. It's the best thing Slott has done in years. He got lucky. Now it's gonna be milked for the success it had.

Parker will turn out as an even bigger cuck than he already is.

I'd maintain a healthy level of skepticism until the first two/three issues drop. Covers, solicits, and promos don't always paint an honest picture.

lel

It's been nearly ten years since BONG, but I admit that got a chuckle out of me.

Still ain't buying that shit. None of you faggots should be buying this shit.

Conway's one of the all-time great Spidey writers and started/solidifed the Peter/MJ stuff. Carnage proves he's still a good writer too. Stegman on art is nice since he's a pretty good, reliable artist.

I'd be so happy if this outsold ASM or sold very well but I know Marvel won't promote it properly, it'll sell in the low 20k range and the entire thing will have been one long ruse cruise so they could go "SEE, NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE MARRIAGE".

MJ reveals that she was with Gwen that night she cucked Peter. Peter decides to raise MJ's child.

I know you're referring to One More Day but what does this stand for?

It was a sound effect in the background when they made the deal… maybe it represented time about to be up for May or some shit, I forget. The whole thing was a fucking mess.

I've honestly been pretty satisfied knowing Spidey from the MvC universe was still with Mary Jane. I don't know how all this shit works now after Secret Wars, and I don't particularly care.

So how will Marvel ruin this?

….You do know that Slott killed off MvC Spidey.

I'm not skeptical of Conway's ability to write. It's just that I don't really expect the book to be worth a damn in the long run, especially if it's a continuation of the original SW mini. At best, it's another distraction from ASM's current mediocrity.

In any case, keep in mind the leaked line up of Marvel NOW! books probably isn't complete.

… Why would he even bother? I heard he killed Hostess Spidey as well.

It's not Slott or Bendis, so I'll most likely end up reading this.

Pirated of course, because I'm not gonna be giving Marvel any of my money.

Why is an advertisement an entire alternate universe instead of just a non-canon ad?

Because Marvel Comics is full of hipster morons.

Because thats silly and fun, and the nature of infinite universes means that Spongecakes Universe is one of them.

Of course slott is too cool to p;ay our reindeer games and just killed everything for his villain-fu.

Who?

Some Vampire assholes who went around killing spidermen.

Somebody competent would have done something like:

They CAPTURE spidermen for some sort of grand multiversal ritual and then the spideys find their home base and unleash the captured spideys for a final brawl.

That's sounds amazing though.

At least his death was as quick as he lived his life. I actually really like a lot of the throwaway villains they made for the Hostess stuff though.

Most people don't, though. Except for some very vocal Spidey/MJ shippers, and shipping is something that should be kept away from influencing comics. OMD was kind of a clusterfuck because of the Mephisto thing, but it's been TEN FUCKING YEARS, and people really should be over this shit by now.

The marriage was a mistake anyway, and by the amount of piss-poor effort that went into writing stories involving it, you could tell the writers thought so too.

People are over it because they stopped buying comics. Spiderman was married through MY ENTIRE CHILDHOOD and never once did the stories suffer for it. I occasionally ask what's going on, but I haven't bought a Spiderman book in years.

But (Hostessverse) Madam Web never got to be a big thing.

As user said, sales numbers for Spider-Man actually dropped considerably after One More Day. JMS even got into a twitter bitch fight with I think Waid and Slott because his Spider-Man sold so much better than theirs.

You clearly aren't particularly versed in Spider-Man because I can think of at least ten good stories, amongst them Kraven's Last Hunt, where the marriage was forefront

fuck off

I like it. Y'know there is something about a woman who take pride in being a (non single) mother that I like. Also Anime Parker

Why not? It shows marvel that there is still a market for this.

Why would you want Marvel or DC to get better?

That's what they said about [insert random entertainment company], everyone in the industry is too stupid to figure out how to sell product.