Wait why do people hate the prequels? I just tried to watch the OT and only Empire is good...

Wait why do people hate the prequels? I just tried to watch the OT and only Empire is good. New Hope is like a Disney Film, Return is equal to Revenge of the Sith, not worse or better so I like it but seriously what the fuck?

PT really DOES beat OT and I saw this as someone who only watched Clone wars + Rebels + comics + Books

What the fuck man, ROTS is probably the best one

I don't know what you're talking about, Holla Forums unconditionally agrees that the Prequels are the greatest Kino since American Pie.

you want the genuine honest answer as to why people hate the prequels?

because of nostalgia, if you stripped away the star wars brand and they would be 5/10-6/10 films however due to the OT existing they get "ruined" by that.

typical reasons touted are "muh cgi" "muh choreography" "muh jar jar"

cgi is a meme, it was used but it isn't nearly THAT bad, you want bad cg look at godzilla 2000's one not newer.

in the prequals almost all of the backround sets were scale models that were imposed on the backround. which also happened in the OT, pics related

while phantom menace had the pod race (which I liked) that admittedly drug on for too long, child actor that was too young for the role, jar jar yes he was annoying, and shitty puppet yoda. but what it also has is DARTH MAUL, DUAL OF FATES, and qui gon jinn/liam neeson.

Clone wars is just garbage in pretty much every way possible

RoTs is pretty good, about on the level of RoTj like you said, does have some shit like grevious's fight which is pretty shit in the cinematography department. jar jar again, and "Killing younglings lol" however it does have two solid lightsaber duels obiwan v anikin, and windu v sidious.

the prequals over all positives are of course Ewan mcgregor who is obi wan through and through. I personally like haden, I blame his performance on poor direction from lucas, I mean you try putting a better one out with that material. and overall better lightsaber duels.

My ranking for the star wars films is as follows

Empire Strikes back
Rouge One(if you count it)
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the sith
A new Hope
Force Awakens
Phantom menace
Clone wars

You're a faggot

It's because of Watto. George Lucas, blatantly made an 'alien' character with a huge, curved nose, who talks funny, is a slaveowner and an all round greedy vermin. Sounds familiar? The jews did not take kindly to this new character and began spreading the hate for TPM which then continued on with the rest of the prequels.

The cgi was very bad, mainly for the actors. They used models for wide shots, sure but the actor/environment interaction wasn't there and it felt wooden and unurgent. Overall the movies are fine in my opinion but that was their main short coming, other than portman and hayden being terrible fucking actors.

I'm not even joking when I say that if I met a person like you in real life I would bash your bitch ass.

I'm angry that Prequel haters have figured out how to emulate our style, friends. They save dour pictures and now are attempting to control the narrative. Don't fall for it.

This is one of the worst RLM memes. His performance as Anakin was perfect, you just don't like Anakin's character.

In 2015 there was a meme going around trying to make Andrew Garfield look like a bad actor because of a line of his in Amazing Spider-Man 2. Now that Hacksaw Ridge and Silence have come out no one is spreading that meme, and the Garfield hate has died done.

The masses are plebs who don't actually watch movies, they have no idea what makes a good actor and a bad actor, they have to isolate scenes like the "sand" scene for Hayden and then the "could be a woman, we don't know" scene for Garfield.

I thought that garfield meme was just being posted here and there, not that people actually took it seriously that he's a bad actor. The hate for him, at least here, mostly comes from the 'why can't spiderman be gay' commentplus that he's jewish

No, redditcucks and 4chan were genuinely trying to say he was the worst actor of all time. They're fucking idiots. Of course they had never seen his previous movies like Never Let Me Go, and 99 Homes. The same way Hayden haters have never watched Shattered Glass or seen any of his stage work. Hayden is a classical actor, a theater actor, that's why Luca hired him to portray the tragic hero of what was essentially a modern day Greek tragedy made for the masses.

You realize that some poor sod is going to take your ironic shitposting seriously at some point, right?

This. Ever since this Jenny person started getting spammed this place has turned into r/disney.

It's not irony, you fucking pleb.

I salute your top tier trolling. Not many anons know how to do it correctly anymore.

Isn't that the point?

Better luck next time, Holla Forums is being liberated from the oppression of the shills.

THE OPPRESSION OF THE SHILLS WILL NEVER RETURN

wtf i hate the prequels now!

Stop bumping this e-celeb nonsense

I don't put sage in the email cause that's gay dude

see you try m8 come at me

It sure is a shame that the Jedi have never been shown to have the ability to run super-fast, it would have been really handy for Obi-wan to save Qui-gon OH WAIT

Might as well just rename Phantom Menace as "Piss Poor Screenwriting - The Movie!"

You ever notice how Obi Wan gasps a second before Qui Gon got stabbed?

Whatever they are doing you need to consider other shit is going on in the force.

There's a really big floor in that room and the floor looks slippery.

He would have force run then slid into the hole.

Safety before force powers

meant to say big hole whoops

all of sw is shit

I chalked that one up as an "the editor was a fucking idiot" moment. God knows there were a fuckton of THOSE in that trilogy.

this

tbh no clue

How can one woman be so perfect?

what i don't get is why any of you faggots like star wars at all. none of the films are that good.

Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope are good

KEEP FORCING IT LADS WE'RE ALMOST THERE

No one is forcing it. The only hothead that gets mad about it your sad self.
The RLM brainwashing really did a number on your psyche and personality.

you are one sad tasteless old man.

Don't lump all us old fogeys with the prequel haters. RLM has the underage audience too.
Not all of us became jaded and had nostalgia goggles when watching the prequels in theaters.

Nobody actually thinks the prequels were good. It's just a meme.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, Mike.

Revenge of the Sith is unironically my favourite one

tbh only the order 66 scene and anakin's battle with obi-wan were the only good parts of the movie.

The pain shown on his face brings a tear to my eye

It's the best space battle we've ever gotten in any space opera film.

What, the whole 45 minutes or which part specifically?
Was it the part where they do retarded backflips in front of a badly made CGI backdrop?

Obi-Wan wasn't as skilled in the force as Qui-Gon, as evidenced by him being totally out of sync in that fight to begin with. When force speed made the most sense he just simply forgot to use it, and only after the fact did people realize it didn't make sense.

Look at Obi-Wan's body language during the whole thing. He's trying his best but only at the end does he meditate, focus and ultimately defeat Maul.

BO never ever cham

This prequel stuff makes me tired.
My eyes glaze over when I see prequels or jenny together.

So tired

The inner turmoil Anakin portrayed as he tried to overcome the scared little boy inside him, desperate to use his power to save those closest to him to overcome his mentor who tries to stop him. That shit was raw mang

Not only that but the "sand" scene is a literal monk dealing with his first sexual urges and trying not to spill spaghetti and so opens up a bit too much but words it wrong

No, the sand scene is when George "Uber Autist" Lucas tries to write romantic dialogue and fails horribly because he has no idea how human beings relate to each other.

And that "not allowed to love" shit? What the fuck, George?

This is what PT critics have to resort to.

Pointing out that the writing in the prequels is awful isn't something I need to "resort" to. It's the first damn thing on my list of complaints about the prequels. The scripts are like C-grade fanfiction.

Boy that wisconsinite autist sure did a number on you.

Maybe when you grow up, you'll learn to appreciate things like "plots" and "characterization".

Until then, I'll take comfort that the drooling prequel-loving manchildren got to see Disney pitch all that EU crap into the dumpster. And good riddance to it.

Show me on the doll where Rich Evans touched you.

(Are you just bitter that he gave you AAAAAIIIIDDDSSS?)

Oh. It's you.
Darling one day you'll see the truth.