Vidya no-funs

who here used to enjoy video games but not anymore?

Why? Is it because of brain-damage or something?

It all died when games went to optical disks.

get on muh level fagets

it's called depression

96% of people here have it

lol, probably, but what creates depression?

Shitty video games.

child>adult

pedoposters get out

timeline you doublefaggot tripplenigger

Even for stalking lolis it's not worth it.

wat

user uses Facebook to stalk little girls.

u r not me

I didn't say I was.

You baby faggots wouldn't know a good game if it came out of the shitter and bit you on the ass

not me. Im just currently busy and dont have hd space for more games. Also mmo rat race

The only genre more autistic would have to be simulators.

I have no idea how people stomach MMOs and all their bullshit. Its like the antithesis of fun.

Modern games are all cookie cutter shit. I don't play many games anymore, masturbation has become my #1 activity.

For me, came to the point where it just felt like i was killing time in a bad way. I'd spend all day everyday playing vidya, to the point where i couldn't tell 1 week from another, because it was all the same shit.

Can't say i've really improved much though. Still a no-friends fegget. Just traded in the vidya for cheap booze and other bullshit.

It's very simple, you stopped playing games as an activity, and started playing them as a pastime. Video games aren't passive entertainment, if you're bored while playing them the gameplay is going to be boring.

If you get excited, and set time aside to do Vidya as something you want to do, when you want to do it, you will enjoy them again.

Depression is the fastest way to suck the fun out of Vidya.

jack

I don't enjoy them anymore

/vr/ here. What games did you play when you enjoyed them? Play them again. It may be the gaming industry that changed, not you. I just ordered a Retron 5 (yeah, yeah, I know, "my wife loves it", blah blah blah) and I've got my old reliable N64, Gamecube and some other consoles. In my opinion, 6th gen is around the time things started going noticeably south. Just try playing games from the generation you last remember enjoying, see if that makes a difference.

No you're not. /vr/ is dead. Now you're going to tell me it's not and I'll pretend to believe you and then go cry myself to sleep.

user, /vr/ lives. We're scattered and scarce, but we live on.

i just have more shit on my mind so i enjoy everything less

Maybe they should get rid of that sticky that tells people to not post until the update that never happened. Too many good boards lost to stickies like that.

Oh holy crap the board got a new owner on the 7th!!! It may not actually be dead. And they are still using some of my banners.

I am experiencing it a little bit lately, What helped me is playing more challenging games like strategy, grand strategy etc. maybe you could try that.

the novelty of something as a child vs. as an adult is quite different. that is why you as an adult don't enjoy video games anymore, because you have the cognitive ability to understand that they're totally pointless and a waste of time.

RESPONSIBILITIES

No battlemech simulator on Linux

Valve rewrote the entire Engine of Source, July 20th, 2010. The faggots completely rewrote the game, and did a sloppy job of it on the new engine.
The game physics weren't the same, and all the guns fired differently. I went from top tier invite back to IM in a matter of a day.
The faggots did it so the could make a little extra money off of mac users, who never even started playing the game anyways.
Kill yourself Valve

this is true.
all i have atm is my uncle's wii and thegames he has were good in 95. metroid the other m is the most recent game i have.

kek

I used to be a champion at Solitaire, but now it doesn't come free with Windows anymore, i suck at it!

Which one was the hard to beat one, Solitaire or Free Cell? I remember playing 1 of these two every study hall. & I had 57% win record after 47 games. Goddamn I miss vidya.
I even miss minesweeper

this exactly.
I cannot say why exactly I stopped playing.
I used to love videogames. Would play all the time and was pretty good ath them.
Last game I played a lot was Gears of war online. Loved that game all '06 thru '09. Nothing really was out that i was interested in other than gears.
The rooms eventually went empty as the game got older. I stopped playing other games. so, I unintentionally replaced with drinking and/or internet browsing (not games). Often alone.
I have a PS3 bought for me when it was fairly new - never opened it out the box.
I wanted to try and get back into gaming – even though the PS3 is older, I bought GTA 5 for myself…..that was last Christmas, again never opened.

I only play racing games because I'm a motorsport fan and can't into actual racing because I don't have the monies. I used to be a hardcore FPS, strategy and RPG fan but I grew out of it at around the age of 22.

Does anyone know what show that picture is from? I am really curious.

that gnome is pretty cute

I used to like adicted to a game, then get bored after a year and move on to the next, one time I just stopped buying new vidya and started doing other stuff, realized that vidya were kinda shit and havent really played them since