Ubuntu

ubuntu users, explain to me the appeal of your OS over Windows or OS X. i cannot for the life of me see the advantages, enlighten me

It literally will make you breakfast and
==and== kill your worst enemy. It'll make you rich and famous within minutes, and you'll be an ultra elite programmer the moement you start with it.

Well, you don't get datamined for one.
You never need to "Activate windows" again.

You get to use terminal. And you get to program with stuff like cursors (fun dos based GUI's that windows doesn't have).

Programming languages like python are designed to be used with Ubuntu (it even comes preinstalled).

Installing stuff via the terminal feels pretty good.

It doesn't contain any bloatware like "MS Paint", Windows Media Player. You finally get a fresh start without any garbage pre-installed.

You support a free and open community. No more validations, no more "hidden crash reports" being sent to (((some server))).

Practicing using the terminal is a good habit. And practicing it can help you produce small linux based hardware, like the rasperry Pi.

Also, more and more universities are using Ubuntu as preinstalled in their computers, because its free and fairly safe.

It's gnu/linux, not ubuntu.
But,
>not as much spying
Also, try debian, ubuntu is kinda shit.

well, ubuntu looks prettier than most of them, I'll say that its probably the most developed open source OS of them all.

programming environment, scripting, package managment, acceptible security, trustworthy software sans botnet or ads, modularity, low latency audio on any soundcard (no asio nonsense), no "crapware" trial software, crazy server support, smaller memory footprint, comes with drivers
a fresh install of windows is useless, wheras guhneu lunix typically comes with all the shit you'd install on day 1 of wangbloes

yeah i can agree with the programming environment.

I just fuck around and watch shit on youtube when i'm on windows.

;inux preserves virginity

Isn;t ubuntu running that horrible systemd shit?

Literally everything you listed is available on Windows 10 now as part of Microsofts official Windows Subsystems for Linux. Including apt-get with access to Ubuntus repos. Its literally GNU/Windows NT because even native .elf executables and x11 applications work too

The Linux kernel is obsolete

Microsoft Employee Detected.

It's pretty cool and free. I can start my laptop and be Holla Forumsrowsing within seconds, something it could not do running Win8. Had some trouble with iPod connectivity, and no iTunes. Can't play a lot of games either.
Good place to dip your toes into Linux. Use Gnome though, Unity a shit

I'm simply the harbinger of the death of Linux, between Google developong a new kernel for Android, Microsoft eating up any would-be non-freetard Linux users with the Azure platform, and SystemD disenfranchising UNIX zealots and splitting the community the death of this horrible meme kernel is nearly upon us! Rejoice brother!

Maybe we should just bust microsofts stock today.

How about we all anons spread the meme that Microsoft is going bankrupt? That would be pretty kek.

no try it for yourself. Enjoy your botnet and your NSA anal probe in the mean time.

yes. its not caused and major issues yet.

Rolled 5 (1d6)
Ok' lets roll.

Even roll => We bust microsoft.
Odd roll => We bust crapple.

Many other and better distros

Ubuntu is probably the best open source OS, but all these microsoft employees and shills are trying to dilute the open source community and ruin it.

later faggots, enjoy your proprietary malware

well, don't use it, then. i don't need you to like it.
no.

If you're going to be an idiot, at least be a useful idiot. Download tor and enable the relay option. Make sure to forward the port. 10/10 will keep you anonymoose

it's free and makes a good customizable environment for unix programming. that's good enough for me.

Debian is better than Ubuntu. Ubuntus desktop it uses is fucking terrible and its Debian based anyway so just use Debian. Ubuntu has spyware anyway so don't use it.

Ubuntu also has higher hardware demands to.

naw man, i'm pretty happy with ubuntu.

Don't talk rot a about MS Paint, you pig-whore!

Photoshop is better.

░░░░░▓▓░░░░░░░
░░░░▒▒▓▓░░░░░░
░░░░░▒▓▓░░░░░░
░░░░░▓▓░░░░░░░
░░░░▒▓▓░░░░░░░
░░░░▒▒▓▓░░░░░░
░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░
>░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
>▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓░░
>▒▓▓░░░░░▒▓▓░░
>▒▓▓░░░░░▒▓▓░░