Decentralized imageboard

Seeing that Holla Forums is experiencing a Rome-like fall, that 4chan experienced it too, and that any future centralized imageboard will likely suffer the same fate, given enough time, let's talk about stuff like nntpchan.
Is there anything else that supports networks like i2p? Anyone knowing enough about this stuff to talk about the future of this solution?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/PurpleI2P/i2pd
github.com/majestrate/nntpchan
github.com/majestrate/srndv2
2hu-ch.org/
gchan.xyz/
ucavviu7wl6azuw7.onion
ev7fnjzjdbtu3miq.onion
oniichanylo2tsi4.onion
7xnxdzyzegpsqus4.onion
f2bksxtwzmst2dhx.onion
overchan.oniichan.i2p
g7c54d4b7yva4ktpbaabqeu2yx6axalh4gevb44afpbwm23xuuya.b32.i2p
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_(newsreader)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slrn
ubuntu.com/usn/usn-2963-1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

post to usenet with remailers

be a good goy and use fecesbook.

and i2p NON JAVA version when?

I'm not going to install that burger-jew-oracle/whatever vm shit on my computer to do one thing.

Welp, that was fast.
4chan was what, ten years? and 8ch has had like three (two)
With the rythm these things change, we're going to be changing ibs by the minute by 2040

there is one, but i'm keeping it a secret ;)

What's wrong with i2pd?

We could always go outside.

Autists want to deny the reality that Java is GPLed for some reason

What's wrong with nntpchan?

the userbase

Uh? i2pd is cpp.

Too small for you user?

I'm damn sure there's a non java version, can't remember the name.

too fucking stupid

internet isn't srs bznz smh tbh fam

even more pathetic is that you celebrate your wiggerism

Then fix that because it has the biggest userbase with exactly what you're looking for. It doesn't get any better so either go for NNTPchan or get over it.

drill outside | grep NXDOMAIN;; ->>HEADER

But I'm not looking for a narcissistic shithole of a website full of goon-tier morons.

so go post something that isn't stupid

or

Just the mere scent or Larry Ellison and ORACLE is enough to contaminate anything user.

Besides, Jabba a shit. Sepples ftw.

confirmed.

github.com/PurpleI2P/i2pd

How does i2p do name resolution btw?

(lel im a retard with no reading skill) Nevertheless, the nntpchan:
github.com/majestrate/nntpchan
github.com/majestrate/srndv2
2hu-ch.org/
gchan.xyz/
ucavviu7wl6azuw7.onion
ev7fnjzjdbtu3miq.onion
oniichanylo2tsi4.onion
7xnxdzyzegpsqus4.onion
f2bksxtwzmst2dhx.onion
overchan.oniichan.i2p
g7c54d4b7yva4ktpbaabqeu2yx6axalh4gevb44afpbwm23xuuya.b32.i2p

My opinion is that it does work. I've been hosting a node for a while and it's relatively painless to do. However, lot's of fleshing out small and fundamental are needed to really nail it.

what news readers work with srndv2? i've heard thunderbird works so far.

tell me user :(

16chan will be NNTP soon.

So, how do I set a node without a frontend? You know, just to participate to the network.

Why would it not work with any usenet newsreader? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_(newsreader) and en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slrn seems nice. Or Gnus if you're an emacser.

anons started talking about the fall of 4chan back then in 2007. The actual fall of 4chan happened in 2012-13.
I guess that Holla Forums still has at least 5-6 years of life : ^ )

I'm not going to install C++ burger-jew-stroustroup/whatever unsafe shit with undefined behaviour and buffer overflow vulnerabilities on my computer especially to do privacy critical things.

Because the backend only implements a small subset of the protocol. This makes some readers confused and unable to fetch articles. It's not a big deal as long as nodes can cooperate.

I just tested tin again, and got it to read the articles with a hack. It fetches the headers very slowly. I'll try posting a bit later once I feel comfortable with it.

A quick test with slrn didn't work a few months ago. Gnus I haven't tested, although I use it for regular news.

This art style seems familiar. Source?

What can't you understand in "Rome-like"? It was just a slow fall, still started earlier than 2012.

Choose between C++ where most problems can be fixed with sanitizers and Java where every program is vulnerable because the VM is a hot pile of shit. ubuntu.com/usn/usn-2963-1/

This nntpchan doesn't feel right. I'd rather use a normal news server over tor. Shitposting hierarchy or not.

If you can't even get simple basics like this correct friendo, why should we listen to anything else you have to say.