Megaupload 2.0

Megaupload 2.0 to Launch With Original Megaupload User Database

Kim Dotcom intends to relaunch Megaupload, the entrepreneur has just delivered a new surprise. Rather than a cold start, Megaupload 2.0 will hit the ground running by deploying the original Megaupload user database.
“Expect an email,” Dotcom concludes.
archive.is/WT0bX

Other urls found in this thread:

a.cocaine.ninja/fbkwii.jpeg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does this mean what I hope it means?

Wait, so will the old files be saved too? Or just the old accounts?

that would be golden if all the files were retained

on the other hand many stuff uploaded by warez were passworded, which would exclude tremedious amount of stuff from reappearing in all their glory

Bonnet.

*tips ten gallon hat*

Just accounts.

You have a strange fascination with buttknots, don't you?

How is out profitable to give everyone 100GB of encrypted storage? No other free services give close to that much, and they're mining your data to make money.

#whoa #wow

=KIM DOTCOM IS MAKING ONE CLICK HOSTING GREAT AGAIN=
a.cocaine.ninja/fbkwii.jpeg
(tor users cant post images)

most people never use it all.

same logic of supermarkets putting on specials just to get people into the stores.

Dotcom is the hero we need, but not the one we deserve.

Just think of all those passworded fake 20 part .zips linked in the descriptions of clickbait titled youtube videos for free warez.

I wonder how long it'll last this time before it either gets bought out or shut down. I'm not too hopeful.

i give it 3 months

they make money from advertising. same as image hosting sites. you upload something and kim makes 5c per view/download and pays you 2c per 50 views. thus the uploader is incentivized to get as many page views for kim as possible. the legal trouble he had with megaupload was that they were accused of directly encouraging people to upload pirated content and that they themselves (including kim) uploaded pirated content.

Honeypot.

well, we'll always have mixtape.moe

It would indeed be very sweet if we could get our old files again, but unfortunately I already deleted all my bookmarks so I wont be able to get my files.

In the end of the day this is not such a big deal at all. A few things made megaupload good back then and we won't get all those things back. Mega will not pay it's users so nobody will use it to upload files and now mega will also bent every time some copyright holders come in with a complain.

For example megavideo back then, I could upload whatever I wanted there because it didn't delete shit like youtube did. With this things gone, the relaunch is basically pointless.

Fuck I can't remember my account ID/password

so it is a new service with nice features, but it is not the old megaupload brought back to live.

I remember back in 2011 some Holla Forumstard was talking about how screwed he might be because he used megapuload to store all his CP, bestiality, and other illegal contents. I remember REALLY freaking out in the thread and everyone feeding off his anxiety.

How time flies.

I remember him REALLY*

I bet he's in jail.

serves him right, he trusted the cloud.

why would he do this to himself, mega is great, why would he run it into the ground by launching a competitor? why not just migrate the users to mega and make megaupload links redirect to mega?
insane. he just sold his mansion so i guess he has money to burn

Kim doesn't own or have confidence Mega anymore, dumbass.

sure some chink bought up majority shares and that made Kim super salty so he pretty much dropped his involvement and started shit talking mega, but the gubbermint confiscated those shares so now no one owns mega
unless something has happened since then, i guess they have to try and find another buyer for those shares