Oldfag Flash Dump

So I dug out an old HD and found a treasure trove of old .swf files. May as well share them.

To you newfags: Flash used to be our means of sharing stuff, when we weren't embedding other files into jpegs. These predate YouTube embedding (even the homebrew YouTube embed extensions prior to official adoption) and .webm. The latter look nicer, but you can interact with Flash, so people could even make and post games.

Starting off with some simple loops.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vTvKa7gMN1c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Check the filesize on some of these.

Also, a lot of early American imageboard culture contact with longstanding Japanese imageboard culture came in the form of flash animations being uploaded.

These are the original flashes by Clairvoyance that inspired the later 4chan parodies. I actually prefer Clairvoyance's Garakuta over these, but the file is too big to upload at a titanic (for Flash) 13.5 MB.

We had some good times in The Old Country.

:^)

I have an old meme.
Am I cool now?

Some facts of online culture never change.

I forgot that was a thing.

That's pretty vintage, user. Check out Super Slam 4chan one post above you for similar.

Flash wasn't without its more serious attempts at animation, either.

Cuhrayzee combat like Devil May Cry was actually first popularized in artistically minimalistic Flashes like this. The low production overhead allowed animators to really pour on the sense of inertia in a way that fully drawn anime would have been prohibitively effort-expensive to do so in. It let them take highly stylized combat like you could already find in fighting games and choreograph it like a dance.

Hit the red arrows to skip the dialogue/narration on this first one.

The latter is just a fun collab.

It's been 15 years and I still want this to be a real game.

These are still topical, right? :^)

Thank you for the memories oldfag, I'm afraid this is the only old meme I have.

That pretty sonic tier user.

I don't even care. I want a Megaman game that plays that fast with a comedically dark but highly stylized aesthetic. Fuck, just do the Elf Wars like that.

>implying we're ever getting another real Megaman game.

don't have anything on here worth sharing that i haven't recently, but grats on the crisp finds and thanks

step it up senpai

Hey man, go play Mighty No 9.
I bet you fucking backed it.

These are old, right?

I enjoyed these

Ok

I was going to call you a newfag then I looked up the year on some of the stuff and it just made me feel old.

tfw: zone-tan is not your gf

Newfag.

I mourn for a time that the internet was carefree. But like a child grows and learns the state of the world, so too has the internet.

The Eternal September started in 93. A child born then would be able to drink now.

We have gained much, and we have lost much.

The internet was best when normalfags stayed in their AOL chatrooms.

Mememaster levels 125,000% :^)

Contribooting

This isn't even that old… I mean… It's flash. The REALLY old stuff was done as animated GIFs… I might post one if I can find it.

A classic from the pre-flash days (Yeah, some of us remember the interwebs before Flash even existed)

Truly the most epic GIF of all time.

you have to start somewhere

as long as you are not a retard you should be good

More evidence that jokes have only been invented in the last century.

The internet really was better back then. Even though it was dialup.

What'sthe best flash playing program?

Beat me to it, was going to post that next.

Netscape Navigator 9.0 of course.

GNU Gnash plays old SWFs reasonably well

Got them via CD-R.

Funnily, in 12 years, I don't remember watching them.

Fighting chinese stick man

NORMIE SHIT INCOMING

we /f/ now

:()

Ah, that fallen angel "teaser" was at the top of the all time best forever. Did a full version ever actually come out?

Not got the flash files on this computer, but anyone remember these?

GROUP X
The Greatest Hits

can any1 help me with this? Ive got some swfs saved and i cant play them anymore. Cant drag theminto firefox. Cant use Edge. Cant use ie11, cuz broke, cuz broke. Cant remove ie files and do clean install. Adobe player chokes. Using TOR browser for it is a bother, cuz it connects to tor network first, which takes time.
Im on w10

Underage B& detected

for all people out there who still like flash

we need to find the lost os tans swf its called troubled brave

this is the highest quality youtube video i could find of it:
youtube.com/watch?v=vTvKa7gMN1c

nobody likes flash, FUCK OFF

You sound upset