TOR

how do I configure TOR properly?

Other urls found in this thread:

tails.boum.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its complicated.

just fuckin download it and run… if you mean for tor browser, there is no configuration everything works out of the box

I'd also verify the authenticity of the downloaded archive, but I guess that is way beyond OP's capacity, judging by their question. OP - there are instructions on the torproject website.

Just install and play. There's nothing else to do if you just want to use the browser. You can use it as a VPN for your entire computer but that would be slow as hell

Meh just download it off the site on HTTPS the tinfoil hat verify stuff doesn't really matter realisitcally. Tor is shit though and useless for most things. Just get a good VPN. Ohh durrr but it's not multi hop. Doesn't fucking matter here.

What are you trying to hide by using TOR?

if you're sticking with tor don't ignore the java disable

don't want people to see stuff as taboo as this :^)

some poor usage of trips tbh.

suck my dick you fucking pedophile

if you don't know how, you shouldn't be doing it
just use the default and disable javascript by default with the noscript button

Here's a few ways to make your Tor browsing session more secure.

These modifications prevent dangerous information leaks. If you do not apply them, there is a possibility some connections will not be routed through the Tor network, because Tor does not support IPv6 and UDP and the browser will simply allow the connection without going through Tor.

Here's what you do:

1) Type "about:config" in your browser's URL bar.

2) After getting past the warning (it's just warning you not to make random changes to things since that might break the browser), type "socks*dns" into the search bar on the about:config page (NOT the URL bar, there will be a search bar below that one on the page itself).

3) Right click the setting "network.proxy.socks_remote_dns" and click the option that says "toggle."

4) Go back to the main "about:config" page.

5) Type "launch*tor" in the about:config search bar.

6) Right click the option that says "extensions.torlauncher.start_tor" and click the option that says "toggle."

That's it. Those two changes will make you much safer.

Now, I know you're not going to inherently trust information provided to you on an anonymous Laotian sock puppet forum, so here's an explanation of what these two changes do, so that you have some peace of mind:

The first change prevents the browser from making dns requests if they can't be routed through the Tor network. The second change prevents browser extensions from sending any data if it can't go through the Tor network. Together, these two changes prevent 99% of information leaks.

Stay safe!

Also note that you must restart the browser after making these changes.

this is the kind of info I was looking for

here, some cool pics for your time.

it refuses to correctly connect me to tor network while those options are toggled. is there a fix besides reverting the changes?

Can you take a picture of the screen with a phone or something and upload it?

Don't use the print screen function if you're using Windows; all up to date Windows installations (even Windows 7) send all pictures to Microsoft.

is a screenshotting program like greenshot intercepted as well?

the error message reads exactly: Something Went Wrong!

Tor is not working in this browser.

Yes, all pictures taken of the screen or with a webcam are captured.

It could be that you have a browser extension that's hooking all of your internet requests (some do this, for example to reformat pages or add tags) and which isn't able to route those requests through the Tor network.

This could be the case even if you haven't installed any extensions. Antivirus programs often install extensions automatically to any browsers that are opened.

tails.boum.org/

I am running ESET smart security on Win7. Yes, I am a goy.

the browser works without those 2 changes to it.

how… what the-
how is that picture possible?

TOR a shit, TOR Browser a shit. How do you think the FBI keeps catching TOR users?

here

Connecting safely to tor from windows is not possible. If you're connecting to TOR "just because" then more power to you, but if you're actually hiding something then you need to stop right fucking now and learn more about TOR and computers in general.

he's got you there

you mean tor browser?
just get the most updated version then run the shit nigga

Just connect directly to the TOR network.

Best meme ever.

just DOOOOOOOO IT

good troll

no

It just works!