They deserved it

What you guys think? Hippies always say oh it was so terrible…

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oWEUVmgWnb0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

straight-up murder tbh

not cool

Never happened. Where's the proof?

The Nips started one of the most brutal wars of aggression the world has ever seen.

The bombs ended it.

Afterward, we wrote their constitution and helped them become one of the most stable and prosperous nations in the world.

We were far kinder in victory than the Japanese would have been if they had had nukes and had been the victors.

I regret nothing.

You misspelled 'Manhattan Project Scientists' pretty badly, OP.

On topic they should have used one of em on an almost-entirely military target like Rabaul or something to show how the monster worked. It wasn't the A-bombs that ended the Pacific War anyway, firebombing air raids were doing the same level of damage, just slightly less efficiently.

the US did jack shit in the war except for profiting out of jumping in last moment, using terror against the population and making deals with the leadership to start an alliance against the soviet union, which actually fought and won on the battlefield and drove those nations into surrender

Truth.

If you ever doubt this ask a Chink, Starcraft player, or Flip if we did the right think. I would have done it slightly different. Bombed Osaka or Kyoto rather than Nagasaki. Hiroshima was a good pick though.

This tbh

It's not damage. It's psychological. After the first bomb there was a Coup attempt. After the second it became obvious. Surrender or die.

It's unsurprising that someone using the flag of the USSR would be this misinformed.

I'm Filipino and the way some people, so oh the Japanese are so polite etc etc, gloss over the attrocities. I don't talk about the ww2, like a broken record like British people. But the bombs were the quickest way of finishing things.

Hippies also say ‘but, but, but we don't need a military because we have nukes’. Nukes are absolutely useless when you lack the strength of will to use them. Marxists call nuking Japan an “atrocity". If we can't nuke an evil empire that launched a sneak attack on us, then who can we nuke?

Who told you that garbage? Your college professor Shekelsteinberg? Here are the words of the man that did the actual surrender.

“Moreover, the enemy has begun to employ a new and most cruel bomb, the power of which to do damage is, indeed, incalculable, taking the toll of many innocent lives. Should We continue to fight, not only would it result in an ultimate collapse and obliteration of the Japanese nation, but also it would lead to the total extinction of human civilization.

Such being the case, how are We to save the millions of Our subjects, or to atone Ourselves before the hallowed spirits of Our Imperial Ancestors? This is the reason why We have ordered the acceptance of the provisions of the Joint Declaration of the Powers.”

Emperor Hirohito’s radio broadcast, August 15, 1945.

It's unsurprising an American taking the information that America isn't actually regarded as the greatest country to ever exist outside of America as misinformed is upset.

I thought that was the strategy and rational. More lives (Japanese as well as Allies) would have been lost with a drawn out establishing of beachheads and ground war.

Congrats m8, I've tuned out the rest of your post.

fix site codemonkeyspank

Like a good little goy.

Fuck off, kiddy fiddler. And quit murdering people for smoking weed.

They should have tentacle raped you lot.

They were already losing, it was just a matter of whether America had to lose loads of soldiers island-hopping before they finally gave up.

America could easily have cut a no-surrender deal though.

You completely failed to name a greater one.

The moon landing was a world-historic failure. They didn't find any oil there.

Once again you completely failed to name a greater one. Name a fucking name.

canada

guess america also deserved 911 then

Russia (man in spess, industrialised in 30 years), China (forever grow stronger), Argentina (much whiter than America, home of Adolf the Hitler)

NEVAR FURGHETTI

What goes around comes around.

It should have been a counterforce strike instead of countervalue but the first bomb was necessary as a show of force. The value of the second bomb has been debated for decades and most agree wasn't required.

I knew it was the fucking Australians.

How come the Japs forgave America for motherfucking nukes but the Jews still hold whites accountable for the holocaust?

Because the holocaust never actually happened and it was all propaganda

Actually, Russia was preparing to invade Japan. The US( among other things) wanted to end the war before the russians could. If the war would have gone on for another week,, it wouldn't be the americans in Japan

This, it was faked. I mean really, TWO cities destroyed?

this

this

hi pol

youtube.com/watch?v=oWEUVmgWnb0

Here, plebs

You're god damned right they deserved it

Truman nuked Japan to stop a Soviet invasion of Hokkaido.
He basically wanted to say in the most forceful manner "Hey Stalin we got a bomb and we're gonna use it".
Japan was defenseless, it had no industry, all of its fighting age males were overseas and all that was left was women, children and old men.

A Soviet invasion of Japan by the elite Siberian forces which rolled over China in days would have been very quick. Truman simply didn't want to lose Japan, he had already lost China to the USSR.

Firebombing was far more destructive in terms of life and property, but it took an absolute display of force to convince the japs the war was over. Also, there were plots to assassinate Hirohito in order to prolong the war and the Atom bomb actually saved his life by forcing the war to an end.

This.

I fully expect that when China rules the world, they'll treat American's just a smidge better than otherwise… because we had the balls to treat a bastard like a bastard.

O