Russian movies

I'm currently learning russian language, can Holla Forums recommend me any quality movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/search/Alexander Nevsky
youtube.com/watch?v=Ca8gu2oxbDc
imdb.com/title/tt0066565/
dailymotion.com/video/x24hgem_the-meeting-place-cannot-be-changed-1979-pt-1_creation
imdb.com/title/tt0420982/
youtube.com/watch?v=uoQ1jXmpIKc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solyaris
youtube.com/watch?v=g6iqqpgm7xo
youtube.com/watch?v=vwEwhTEe1so
youtube.com/watch?v=whHySar4EoY
youtube.com/watch?v=uONM3UvntY4
youtube.com/watch?v=YWczeLyZ75o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stalker

I can't into fluent russian, m8

faggot learn German and watch DasBoot jhehjeehehhehehehe

Он Дракон

This was a good one. Might have a lot of slang in it, I don't know Russian.

Repel Chinese communist invaders

I've been wanting to see Alexander Nevsky for a while, anyone know where I could find it?

thepiratebay.org/search/Alexander Nevsky

The Dagestan Massacre

Kin Dza Dza

The night watch and it's sequel the day watch..

Ballad of a Soldier might be up your alley then. It's nowhere near the level of Tarkovsky's stuff, but it's fairly simple.

Movie in your pic was pretty shit tbh. The whole thing felt rushed as fuck.

>youtube.com/watch?v=Ca8gu2oxbDc (whatever the fuck this is, might be good, idk)
Only ones i can remember at the moment.

Nice

I didn't like it.

Soviet era films are good, try White Sun of The Desert, one of the films of my youth.
imdb.com/title/tt0066565/

or The Meeting Place Cannot Be Changed, an iconic detective/mafia series.
dailymotion.com/video/x24hgem_the-meeting-place-cannot-be-changed-1979-pt-1_creation

If you're looking for something more recent, the two Brat films are a must-see. If you're looking for a modern film, Zhmurki
imdb.com/title/tt0420982/

one of my favs

The soundtrack of Can't change the meeting place 5mesto vstrechi izmenit nelzya) and Brat are legendary by the way

goddamnit this brings back memories

White Tiger A Russian WWII Tank movie

Full movie with subtitles
youtube.com/watch?v=uoQ1jXmpIKc

How long have you been learning it?
Is the alphabet easy enough to learn as I've read?

Learning German myself, but I've been at least somewhat curious about Russian. It sounds cool but then having more cases and declension than German does is not.

I'm a native Russian speaker, I can tell you for sure that it is really fucking horrible.

Fuck your handwriting tbh, you should discard it as a culture. There are roughly 6 letters that are virtually indistinguishable from each other and I really doubt my ability to learn it.

it's not that they're indistinguishable you're just retarded

yeah soviet letters are pointless

that never happens

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solyaris

I remember Night Watch being good, but Day Watch being terrible. Been a long while though.
I really only remember now that Night Watch had the best subtitle effects I'd seen in a foreign film.

Seemed like they were all individually stylized to match the scenes.

I had one semester of Russian language, I learned how to read, but now I need extend my vocabulary, so I'm trying to read books and watch movies.
Azbuka isn't hard, you just need to "get back to elementary school" and write every letter over and over.

Brat
Brat 2
Sestri

cyka

You can watch "Изображая жертву"/"Acting victim", good movie about a young somehow autistic guy, who refuse to live normal live, and works as victim impersonator at crime scenes for police.
Also, why do you need russian?

youtube.com/watch?v=g6iqqpgm7xo
This one's pretty good, one of those low budget family drama's. Very lifelike.

youtube.com/watch?v=vwEwhTEe1so
Oh, and this one is a comedy about a hacker who summoned a genie. It's somewhere in my top 10 comedy movies list.

youtube.com/watch?v=whHySar4EoY

youtube.com/watch?v=uONM3UvntY4

youtube.com/watch?v=YWczeLyZ75o

I'm learning "human languages" mostly for fun. Since I am at uni, I can learn languages for free and I'll get some extra credits which is nice. This year I'll pick german or japanese, I'm not decided yet.
I'd also like to move to russia for a few months, most likely Saint Petersburg, but only if I manage to find some comfy remote programming job, so my chances are very low.

You can check brilliant soviet comedies, directed by Gaidai, the are still beloved and popular today, and in russian everyone know them.
Most famous: "Operation Ы", "Caucasian kidnapping", "diamond arm", "12 chairs" (also, based on brilliant soviet novel), and "Ivan vasilievich". Also, from soviet comedies I can recommend "kin-dza-dza" - obscure sci-fi satirical adventurr, filled with strange imaginary.
Modern russian movies are men, they in general poorly copy western movies, or continue art-house "chernukha" (something like darkness, but with dirtier connotation) genre, which started in 90's on background, consisting of war, cultural, social and economical degradation. If you interested in it watch "Груз 200"/"cargo 200" (this is how cargo with dead soldiers marked in russia).
Also, there is cool criminal drama from '00 "boomer"/"бумер" (BMV on slang), which conveys spirit of early 2000s, and filled with cool russian music of the times.
Maybe I wrote too much to bored student, but generally nobody gives a fuck about russian culture and I, as emigrant from russia, and on non-russian imageboard, feel depressed about it. There certainly is a few good modern books aside from dostoevsky, number of good movies (mostly soviet), and a bunch of good music, which is not known outside of russia.

So much android-typos, such a shame.

Native speaker living in US is here

thats a really cool movie, maybe a bit too old for 2016, it has a bunch of old jokes about internet from like 2005, but i still enjoy it a lot

Heard a lot of good stuff about this film too, they post webms from it on 2ch every once in the while

Dog's heart is cool. I've read the book, but havent seen the movie, but many people like it so its a plus too
War, isn't super good, but the director is quite decent

No reason to work as a programmer IN russia. All russian programmers are moving here, to US. But if you want to study programming there, go ahead, they do have a really good program

Just watch this over and over again