Hey Holla Forumsmpadres What do you think about the Superman Rebirth issues?

Hey Holla Forumsmpadres What do you think about the Superman Rebirth issues?

So far I have to say I was really sceptical but I really dig it, Clark and Jon's relationship is really endearing and it's a breath of fresh air compared to other comics out right now and the overall rampant cynicism in media.

I donnt read anything from the big two anymore, plz do a storytime if you want to discuss it.

Ill try to.

Ok so here is Superman Rebirth, which I did not think too much of but the actually superman series is great.

Ok so here is Superman #1

Ok so here is Superman #2

One thing I am mad about is the super man does not have his New Earth costume and it's not a he has to look like the prime earth one because everyone knows he has died. Also I really want to see where they go with Jon with Supersons.

Forgot pic

shit

Fuckin' birds, man. Can't trust 'em.

Man, the arts just off. His face looks wrong. Just something unkind about it. Like a fusion of his old face and his new52 face.

Interesting read, thanks, OP. So, if I'm keeping up, this is Post-Crisis Superman, i.e. the Superman I, as a middle aged person, grew up with? Good.

I know that will always be remembered as one of the first comic book stunts to get nationwide attention, but when I look back on it, the Death of Superman really got me into the character. The build up as Doomsday tore through everyone in his path, the final battle where every page was a splash page, new characters trust into the lead of all four Superman titles… it was an interesting time to read comics. And even though a lot of stupid shit has happened between now and then, it's nice to have THAT Superman back.

lol

Some of the panels look a little weird but over all I like it

Yes this is new earth Superman prime earth Superman died in his own comic.

Yeah I only it's a good sign I only wish he had underwear on the outside again.

I'll go ahead and storytime the new Action comics and Justice league issues.

Superman Rebirth was basically 'Hey, remember the first time we made a big event out of Superman dying and coming back to life?'. Taken on its own, it's not all that great, but it does tie in with the fact that they're now reintroducing the Eradicator, since he was also mixed up in that whole mess. Almost makes it seem like they actually have some sort of proper plan in place for future storylines, or something.

The actual Superman and Son storyline was an entertaining read. I have no major complaints about it, which isn't much of a compliment, but is still better than I can say for a lot of the shit that's been put out in recent memory.

Yeah I mostly feel the same way but I really like the series and the speech superman give Jon, call me naive but I thinks its really heartfelt. Stick around because I'm Going to story time Action comics and Justice league which tie into this a little bit.

Here is Justice League #52 Meet the New Man of Steel

Action Comics #957

Justice League Rebirth

Something about this "Rebirth: is off. It feels like it's only superficially shaking off the things that made New52 garbage.

It's more like a rebranding than a rebirth.

And this concludes my story time… for now.

Hopefully we can get some nice discussion going.

I would say yes and no, they seem to understand a lot of their mistakes with their characters and want to make things not as dark and back to where their were before, which still had flaws but they seem to be making progress, so I am keeping hope that rebirth may make DC great again,

Like its only superficially not dark.

Like the scene where the kid kills his cat. And then we see its charred remains. That shows to me of writers who just don't get it.

His face whilst older, looks as uncaring and harsh as Nu52 Superman. Supermans Face I always see as a default smile. For many reasons. But this supermans face default looks is a stern gaze.

And this was stupid and shows that DC is still in the buisness of pointless punch ups. All the words they say could have been done better without fighting. Like at least for this scene. Superman acts very aggressivly and nonsensically.

Things like this and Harley Quinn just put me on edge. DC hasn't learn't its lesson. It just doesn't want to get whipped again.

It's shit.

How is seeing the cats remains writers not getting it? And I dont think Action comics issues were anywhere near as good as the main superman issues, I just put them in there because they were related.

I liked that.

NU-52 Superman honored his mother and father of both planets.

Still a little bitch, but I like it.

Because I see it as more EDGE. Was it SUPER necessary to show a cat's charred corpse? No.

And the visual horror of it (I'm not scared I'm speaking visual terms here), distracts from the more sentimental aspects later in the story.

You don't zoom into the bullet exploding old yellers heart.

I think it shows how truly destructive his powers are and the need for discipline and control as well as a guiding figure, though I think you are right that they should have had a little restraint.

pic1
pic2
pic3
pic4
It started okay with Supermans family and than I honestly did not even wanna see everyone else halfway through. Seeing a woman in DC being a loving wife surprised the fuck out of me.

Sure but I mean you do a shot, then cut to maybe a black outline or just the bell falling.

Because then they switch to the image of them burying the cat, I could only associate a charred mutilated corpse.

What I am glad to see is less "Trendy" dialogue. All Marvel seems to do is quips these days.

I agree I just story timed it because it was related, the things that I was calling good was the actual super man issues and not action comics/justice league

Blame the editorial. They're the ones approving it.

Thanks for the storytime's OP. I actually like both the Superman and Action Comics stories, and am overall happy to see the Superman from my childhood take center stage (for as long as that lasts). The Justice League Rebirth story was the underwhelmer of the group for me. Not awful, not offensive, but not really engaging. And damn, I don't know what kinda schedule they got Hitch on, but I know he can do better. Look at Diana's face here!

All rebirth titles are coming out bi weekly

superdad is the best

Maybe these idiots should look up Frank Cho's book.

Better than drawing trannies and calling them women.