So, what's the word from Holla Forums about the current run of Batgirl? I've looked through a couple of tradebacks...

So, what's the word from Holla Forums about the current run of Batgirl? I've looked through a couple of tradebacks, and I'm not sure how to feel about it. It's certainly better art direction than what Marvel is doing, and it feels a lot less SJW than I thought it would be, even if there are a few things I disagree with. But… something about this Batgirl makes me feel as though she's being portrayed as reckless.

No one likes it.

Gail Simone's run was better.

The current run has definitely lost its spine

And I totally want to bone Batgirl

Just barely

I'm so glad I caught this earlier.

Anyway last I heard Nu-Batgirl she was doing selfies on social media and taking advantage of her "Youth."

I think Black Canary straighten her out.

Yeah, and that's fucking saying something.

OP, just read Steph instead.

So Simone was pretending shit like Sandman never happened, and having a transgender character is some kinda fucking miracle now? I'm amazed how many modern creators lazily do things that were done BETTER WHEN I WAS A FUCKING CHILD, and pretend they're progressive gods or some shit.

Pic related, but it's a spoiler to the Sandman arc A Game of You. I only warn because I honestly think everyone should read it.

Does Barb fuck the token trans girl or not? Cause, I'm not going to read the run, and that's all I'd want to know about it.

Is Cass still a character? I was going to get into her book, thanks to the urging of a friend, but when the big reboot hammer came down, her book was no more.

That was kind of weak Carlos. She still had her spine, she just had a bullet lodged in it.

I expect better from you, your jokes usually kill!

Doubt it

Back issues and reprints still exist

This tranny's apperance coincided with halfchan's /lgbt/ board first starting, which was a fairly fun "safe space" for non-SJW queers for a couple of months.
Anyway, they were freaking out about it, so I started getting Batgirl (it was also the first ever time I bought an American superhero comic regularly), but that character barely showed up again, and her transsexuality wasn't mentioned again. She was literally a prop, Barb might as well have confided in a floor lamp.
Then the artist changed and I think the tranny moved out of their shared apartment.

So it was basically the transsexual version of a sweeps week lesbian kiss?

Yes. Don't know if the later move-out scene was either a new team spitting on the previous plot, or simply not having any idea what to do with it.

You son of a bitch!

I'd know what to do with it.
This would lead into the company wide event: Crisis of the Feminine Cocks

Palcomix exists for a reason, user.

I miss Steph.

Wasn't she in that Batman Eternal thing?

Cass Is back but I don't DC to do her right

Ideally DC should have let them progress, it makes no sense for characters to keep their position forever.

For Batgirl we should have the Oracle/Steph teamup, and Cass should be dead.

For Batman, I'd like to see some old Bruce stories before Dick inherits the mantle.

For Robin, Tim being Red Robin yum is fine. I'm not sure how Damian should work though, I'd rather he show up as some kind of clone of Bruce Project "Batman Beyond"? after his death, or just have Bruce die in his 40s without knowing him. The relationship between Damian and Dick was way more important than Damian's with Bruce.

it's a batgirl thread

I would read all of those if they were real comics.

hnnnnng

Wew

I forgot what issue Harley pretended to be Batgirl.

No love for Cassandra Cain?

Kiddies around here are too young to know about ASIAN BATGIRL WHO CAN'T READ GOOD.

I plan on getting into all her stuff down the line. Is her whole book good, or should I focus on certain arcs?

I've been thinking more about that Marvel Unlimited thing (just because I hate searching for old books to pirate), does DC have a similar thing? And do they work well? I have no experience with them, so I might research it more later.

Reminder that Cass and Steph are in the Rebirth'd Detective Comics, alongside Tim, Batwoman and Clayface.

Not to my knowledge, no

It's not the same.

What are the Cassandra Cain essentials?

She can read good, so long as the thing she's reading is a person and not a book or any written matter