Louis Rossman (the certified Apple repair guy) is most likely being sued right now by Apple and has had a gag order put...

Louis Rossman (the certified Apple repair guy) is most likely being sued right now by Apple and has had a gag order put on him. He could lose everything, including his channel. We need to spread his content, here is a torrent file of every video, you don't have to seed everything, just do the amount you can, it all helps.
youtube.com/watch?v=F7N254MTA4Q (sorry no webm, I'm on Tor)

NNTPchan thread:
sfw.oniichanylo2tsi4.onion/thread-e7cd093091272be9e6204e49abcd880da75d5988.html#e7cd093091272be9e6204e49abcd880da75d5988

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d4LfePRzIjY
lsuzvpko6w6hzpnn.onion/louis-rossmann-backup-t12864278.html
apple.com/legal/sales-support/certification/certprogagreement.html
law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/17/1201
youtube.com/watch?v=Pk4p4oEu2sE
libreboot.org/docs/hcl/x200.html
ucavviu7wl6azuw7.onion/thread-e7cd093091272be9e6204e49abcd880da75d5988.html#e7cd093091272be9e6204e49abcd880da75d5988
oniichanylo2tsi4.onion/thread-e7cd093091272be9e6204e49abcd880da75d5988.html#e7cd093091272be9e6204e49abcd880da75d5988
ev7fnjzjdbtu3miq.onion/thread-e7cd093091272be9e6204e49abcd880da75d5988.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good. Fuck apple and fuck apple enablers.

Holy fuck I made it 5 minutes in. Jesus Christ.
What the fuck is he bitching about?

I mean, obviously he's getting sued. But was he not expecting something like this? Whining for a solid 15 minutes about himself isn't going to fix it. Just cut your losses and move on to the next thing applefag.

You don't understand what being sued by Apple means do you? He is going to be knifed and bled dry on the side of the road. Then they will gut him and take out his innards. Then they will skin him and dry it. They rest they will sell. If it is not obvious to you he is going to lose EVERYTHING

Are you retarded? This guy is directly competing with Apple. Would you rather people gave hundreds of shekles to Apple as opposed to at most a hundred shekles to some guy who also teaches people how Apple's circuitry works?

He's trying to make it obvious to people that his channel will be removed along with his business so people should start archiving his 'how to fix Apple's crap without giving them a single dime' videos.

sage

This guy is not an Apple fan in general.

Sage isn't a downvote.
youtube.com/watch?v=d4LfePRzIjY
This guy has single-handedly drained more money from Apple than you will in your lifetime. What you're doing is as retarded as being against reverse engineering because it requires you to touch proprietary software to reverse engineer it.

where's the torrent, i don't feel like installing nsa buttrape hotlinetor right now

Isn't that kind of the purpose of incorporating? Didn't he have a company?

would there be any legal issues with seeding this?

Torrent file:
lsuzvpko6w6hzpnn.onion/louis-rossmann-backup-t12864278.html

Magnet link:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:DD84FBA30E91CB29F9E12AA04067FB3588A04368&dn=louis+rossmann+backup&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fglotorrents.pw%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce

thanks fam

maybe i'll just seed one or two then

Why do you care? Someone is getting screwed by a corporation, the legality shouldn't matter to you. This is moral, that's all that matters. What are you going to do when this stuff gets worse and Microshaft starts clamping down on open source software? Are you going to go 'oh, I don't want to do that because the big bully might hurt me' or are you going to go 'screw them'.

tbh i'd rather use proprietary software then get sued or go to jail
you can always save up to move to a better country in the meantime
is there a country where us corporations can't get you?

Microsoft "clamping down on open source software" has nothing to do with Apple suing this guy for posting violation of their trade secrets on youtube. It's proprietary hardware and therefore apple holds the right over its maintenance. Anyone posting these vids on youtube with any connection to their real name is basically dropping down on their knees and begging to get sued.

No.

son, it's time to go to bed.
I told you no more anarcho-punk roleplay past 9pm!

objectively false

No.

Exactly, screw them for restricting their users, it's not theirs anymore.

To do it any other way would be cowardice. Why shouldn't he be able to make money from his own hard work?

objective
[uh b-jek-tiv]
5. not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased:

I'd like to see you try to pull this "defense" in a court of law.
I don't even disagree with you, you're just being a retard. No matter the morality of the laws in question, this guy is 100% publicly breaking those laws and is legally in the wrong, and liable to get sued. In a perfect GNU/world, he could do what he does as he pleases as long as he doesn't violate the GPL, but this is real life, where you can and will get sued up the ass by a company for breaking the license THAT THE CONSUMER AGREES TO BY PURCHASING THE PRODUCT. You shouldn't be so surprised that someone is getting in legal trouble for breaking the law.

TLDR

You are the biggest idiot Ive encountered recently. So, I'll keep this short and sweet.

Proprietary hardware does not exclude a owner of said hardware to repair it anyway he sees fit. When a person pays money to buy a hardware he becomes the owner.

that's all fine and good, but this guy is publicly reverse engineering apple hardware
which is not legal nor is it repair

Again, no. Reverse engineering is completely legal. You cannot make a new product from reverse engineering.

What is not legal is buying confidential Apple design from websites, which got him on the hook. Had he been able to reverse engineer instead of buying it (aka stealing it) he would be ok.

(sigh) No.

apple.com/legal/sales-support/certification/certprogagreement.html

ok, kid.

law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/17/1201
Hey maybe his entire video series was for the sole purpose of interoperability :^)

I would personally consider making a laptop go from unusable to working a form "achieving interoperability" (with the programs that are already on the system).

That's what John Deere would like you to believe, but that's not actually the case yet.

I WATCHED THIS
Holla Forums OFFICIALLY SUPPORTS THIS GUY'S POSITION AND LIKES HIM QUITE WELL. ANYONE WHO DISAGREES GO BACK TO MOTHERFUCKING /G/

superb logic right there

EAT A DICK MACFAG

What's wrong with this sentence?

None of the above. Fuck apple and fuck apple enablers.

Why is he being sued? Stupid nigger, give us a synopsis.

He taught people how to repair Apple hardware themselves instead of needing to go to certified Apple repairmen or to trash their PC and buy a new one. Apple loses money, so they're pissed.

oy vey that's like anudda shoah

I'd really hate to see his stuff go to shit. He's pretty entertaining.

Apple has been targeting and taking down independent repair shops for a while now, places that might not even exclusively repair apple products either. Apple is able to do this because the current laws put independent repair in a grey-area like jailbreaking and unlocking phones. This is all a direct result of overreaching regulation, especially in the form of copyright laws and patents.

He's being sued because he had the audacity to believe people have the right to do what they want with their own products, and repair them in anyway they please.

I'd be extremely surprised for a community full of free software and open source guys not to support this guy. This kind of stuff right here is the battle line, and anyone who isn't supporting him simply because he repairs apple products are the type the won't make a squeak until all software and hardware is legally required to be proprietary and restricted.

OP is a faggot and should've been more descriptive, but you cunts could've just used jewgle, startpage, or some other search engine to find this out.

This.

Even if you are a Freetard, you should still be supporting this guy.

Fuck off

You misunderstand, independent repair shops make a living off of treating proprietary hardware like it isn't.

If you still don't understand, we're perfectly fine with you leaving this thread, because you're perfectly fine with corporations using copyright laws to dictate peoples lives. You should especially consider the fact if these laws are pushed back as far as possible with court precedence, and eventually abolished, no information will ever be proprietary.

When you play chess, do you mindless move all your pieces in the direction of the king, hoping that somehow you'll win?

Antarctica? Spess? Maybe Switzerland? Russia?

Get some reading comprehension, nigger.

Nigga, this is the real world. In the real world, El Chapo Guzmán is the second president of Mexico, the Department of Defense wants the DAESH alive to justify them eating 1% of the entire world's money, and you are not the owner of your Apple device, you are just a passive consumer and have therefore no right to disassemble it.

Sorry bro, but yes, there is something above the law, which is the interests of the elite, the law only applies to the common people. You will understand when you live in a third world country where this is publicly acknowledged by people, elites and authorities alike.

Apple is only a thing in the land of the homosexuals called America. Outside of burgerland nobody gives a shit. Ironic that lawlessness actually brings freedom in those places.

the reality distortion field is strong with this one

Whatever you say, applecucks

I like how defensive applefags get but the moment someone suggests Windows not-10 isn't the devil made software applefags are some of the first to pile in and ridicule them.

A LLC (limited liability corporation) is designed for small businesses, it costs less than $200 to register as one.

Right, so wouldn't that prevent him from losing "EVERYTHING"?

If that's all it is then he sounds like he's getting fucked over by the Apple Jews.
Has he asked the EFF for advise? Or any other groups?

This is why people get angry and shoot up places, like that guy who opened fire in an Apple store in Orlando last month.

I use a Macbook with GNU/Linux on it.
Your point is invalid.

Actual, he's never been an official Apple repair guy, Apple repair just bins and replaces stuff, they never actually repair anything.

Dude what:
" update: there's no lawsuit, Apple & co *like* my channel??? Pinch me, I might be high.. "
youtube.com/watch?v=Pk4p4oEu2sE

Applel lawyers playing with the food?

Teasing him.

That's pretty gay, why would you post this?

Poor guy. It's not a matter of being a freetard, he didn't have the law as per US law, but it's a matter of hacker culture.
Yes, he broke the retarded law that Americans have, but he is in the moral right, fuck that law, it was legitimate. You should be able to take apart the stuff you have and do whatever with it.

Because it's running Libreboot, making it acceptable to even Stallman's standards.

is it made by a tranny
yes
Did the tranny put bullshit reference in the code or even put a trap at the boot start ?
no
does it restrain your freedom ?
no
does it give you freedom ?
Yes

where?

Do they do different GRUB wallpapers for different systems or did you change it? I sure did.

It might be compatible, depending on the exact hardware.
libreboot.org/docs/hcl/x200.html

The thread on all three Tor NNTPchan nodes
ucavviu7wl6azuw7.onion/thread-e7cd093091272be9e6204e49abcd880da75d5988.html#e7cd093091272be9e6204e49abcd880da75d5988
oniichanylo2tsi4.onion/thread-e7cd093091272be9e6204e49abcd880da75d5988.html#e7cd093091272be9e6204e49abcd880da75d5988
ev7fnjzjdbtu3miq.onion/thread-e7cd093091272be9e6204e49abcd880da75d5988.html

Poor guy.

Nice.

Oh shit, what? You can change that? How? I run an X60, how can I change the bootsplash?

Different user here, I didn't know how either so I did some digging around.
Ends up you can specify what image to show in the boot splash in /etc/default/grub by adding the argument
GRUB_BACKGROUND="image_location_here"
I personally put the images in /usr/share/images/wallpapers.
After adding that argument, you can enter
sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
in the case that "update-grub" doesn't work. Then reboot, and you should see the new splash.

If you're using Coreboot (or Libreboot) their ROM images have a filesystem of sorts, you can manipulate it with cbfstool. The wallpaper should just be another file (background.png for Libreboot) so replace it with something else. Make sure it's a PNG and at the same resolution as the original, and you may have to compress it depending on the picture, your flash chip size and if you're using other payloads.

If you aren't using Coreboot/Libreboot then what said.

They're still suboptimal because you're required to solder and there is more disassembly required. Same problem with the X200 Tablet which I am hoping to try out since someone else can do the soldering.