Chyna Watch

How China Fell Off the Miracle Path

[NY TIMES]
archive.is/bIMJG

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-03/lew-says-china-s-overcapacity-skewing-markets-u-s-to-push-cuts
scmp.com/business/global-economy/article/1960479/chinas-hard-landing-began-last-year-and-its-going-get-worse?utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=SCMPSocialNewsfeed
edition.cnn.com/2016/06/03/politics/ash-carter-china-speech/index.html
nytimes.com/2016/06/03/opinion/the-right-asian-deal-trans-pacific-partnership.html?ref=opinion&_r=1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liu_Zhijun
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Notice how they never explain all elements of a story. What they are saying is true but it does not negate the issues brought up by Trump.

In fact if China collapses their wages will also drop again making it tempting to keep manufacturing there.

bump

Now.
How aggresive could a China, wounded by a crashing economy possibly be?
How could they vent?

They won't chimp out, but you'll see increased attempts at bullying the South China Sea and Sea of Japan region. Also, they'll pull as many dirty tricks as possible in trade and economy.

They would vent with impotent rage, doing no damage to anyone but themselves. Chinese have zero creativity and only exist by stealing and copying.

If we remove all manufacturing from there, they would have nothing to copy and would collapse fairly quick.

The Communists will lose their Mandate of Heaven, and the people will dispose of them.
Then, different factions will verge for control yet again.
It's been this way for millenia

Goyim your greatest ally has lots of shekels invested in Chink real estate, if you don't bail us out it'll be like ANUDDA SHOAH!

C'mon let's get that wallet open, wow don't you even know deficit spending increases economic growth? We're practically doing you a favor!

If China were eating America’s lunch, its people would not be rushing to buy safe-haven apartments in New York or San Francisco

WHY ARE FUCKING CHINKS AND GOOKS ALLOWED TO BUY AMERICAN PROPERTY

You know what would happen in the world if China were to suddenly sink into the ocean with no Chinaman left alive?

Nothing, absolutely nothing. At worst, some other countries in the are will see a moderate boost in their economies. In the West, it would be as earth-shattering as the latest coup in Africa.

not much to be honest, the biggest risk is them taking our economies with them.

Remember Soviet Russia was impotent with rage when it began to crumble, the economy was in the shitter as they spent so much on war materiel. In the end it was worthless.

the real part they are leaving out is that the American consumer is a creation of capitalism - created for the capitalist elite - and that is the only thing that has been keeping China, and the rest of the world for that matter, afloat. If Americans just tightened their belts en masse we'd see a very different world tomorrow.

WEW

This is actually big news. Various other news vendors independently coming out simultaneously with warning about China.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-03/lew-says-china-s-overcapacity-skewing-markets-u-s-to-push-cuts

scmp.com/business/global-economy/article/1960479/chinas-hard-landing-began-last-year-and-its-going-get-worse?utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=SCMPSocialNewsfeed

Remember when Holla Forums said it was happening last year? The mainstream is finally catching up.

If China sinks and dragged the gooks on their peninsula with them, it would actually fix most of the economic instability in Asia within a couple years.

China about to get #LEKT

Why do globalists think buying foreign assets is going to protect them or their investments? Do they not realize that if a nation, much less the entire planet, begins to rise up and overthrow their leaders that they'll just strip their land and wealth before publicly executing them?

Your best bet is to buy islands or properties that are more secure. America is not going to be a friendly place when everything breaks down. The only people that would defend them is the half-assed conservatives who don't want to set a bad precedent by encouraging stupid leftist economic policies.

What possible use could a deer have for huge fangs?

edition.cnn.com/2016/06/03/politics/ash-carter-china-speech/index.html

So the media, Cuckservatives and Dems pretend Trump is 100% wrong on foreign policy while Obongo simultaneously threatens the Chiners with isolation? The dissonance is strong.

Because "muh free economy" lolbergs would actually defend chinks buying American property.

Is it too much to hope they drag poo in loos with them?

Everyone is going to be humbled shortly. 2008 was only a wakeup call.

This has nothing to do with the Chinese Economy, but rather it's for money laundering
purposes and keeping their money out of the Chinese government's hands should they get arrested

Chinese history really follows that trend straight to the letter
If stuff goes to go to shit, expect the PLA to claim the new mandate to heaven

China's overcapacity lead to a commodities boom that is already over. That's one of the reasons Brazil are in recession right now. Pajeets will follow.

This is going to be the domino that starts to drag everyone else down, especially since no one has really recovered from 08

Basically, the ones who were shilling BRICS all over /n/ last year were dead fucking wrong then.

BRICS were always a meme
The only 2 nations in that that really had a major chance of breaking out were China and Russia
South Africa, Brazil, and India really don't have a whole lot going for them and have in a lot of ways, far worse social issues than Russia and China

Our demand peaked and the suppliers haven't noticed yet. Household debt in the West maxed in 2008 and jobs haven't recovered since then. In other words we can't buy as much shit as we bought then. China though just kept on building capacity with greater and greater debt and that kept driving commodities up for a while. Now inventories are maxed out and it's going to be way worse.

That's like showing up to the party after the cops sent everyone home.

It'd more likely result in a military coup

exactly, especially if you've been keeping your eyes on the Baltic Dry Index
World wide shipping has basically dried up over the past 2 years

This
People don't realize the political separation between the CCP and Chinese military, they're constantly vying for power and waiting for one side to fuck up

Also this story from a couple days ago by Roger (((Cohen))): If the Trans-Pacific Partnership Crumbles, China Wins

nytimes.com/2016/06/03/opinion/the-right-asian-deal-trans-pacific-partnership.html?ref=opinion&_r=1

All of these things are aligning at once, it's not coincidence. It looks to me like we're setting up to crash China's economy with no survivors. Maybe even fight a proxy war in North Korea if China insists on trying to hold the entire South China Seas.

(3:06 in to the video related)

The drop in Chinese economic growth rates from 7.0 % to 6.9 % will lead to general cataclym and untold massacres in China. Also, they will chink out and attack USA but since there is a gun behind every tree they will all be killed and USA can take over China so it don't have to pay them. And they lived happily ever after,

The End.

China expands with its railroads and freeways. The present slowdown corresponds with the fall of this gyu:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liu_Zhijun

I lived in China for 5 years. About a year and a half ago the company I worked for closed up shop and withdrew all their money/assets from China as we saw the end coming. I have many expat friends who are still there and several who have been there 15-20 years have been telling me just in the last week that the shit is about to explode. The collapse we all knew was coming is finally here and it's going to make the 2008 collapse in the US look like a paper cut. There are social and economic problems everywhere. People are being laid off en-masse but there is barely any news about it. The gov is so scared of unemployment that they have been raiding these companies at gun point and going through their books to make sure they have the money and will pay the severance packages.

You have issues with HK where since they are back in the mainlands hands they have been greatly losing business and influence. HK'ers HATE HATE HATE the mainlanders who have driven up property prices there too. They did make a lot of money off of the rich peasant-tier mainlanders but because of the ongoing tensions they have mostly driven off the mainland vacationers. At the same time you have the youth who want democracy while China ever tightens it's grip on all levers of power.

IMHO the south China see stuff is being done to purposely incite a war with Chinas neighbors. War gives the mainland a common enemy (who isn't their own government) and it also reduces their horribly out of whack male/female ratio.

Substitute for antlers. The males use them in dominance fights during mating season.

Cunning. Nothing like an overseas war to distract the peons from the ongoing looting of their homeland. Suddenly questioning the incompetence of the clowns who led the world into the mess becomes 'unpatriotic'.

any good vids on the history of this agreement? I haven't made up my mind on it because from the outside appearance it looks like economic warfare with China and due to China's economic thefts, currency rigging, and espionage– maybe it was they only play they had was to take the ball and go home to friendlier playground marketplace. In that sense, I would guard that agreement too to ward of giving China et al a heads up. There are probably many smoke and mirrors in play and the leverage of the US debt to China at risk should conflict arise. And considering the disgusting state of journalism and the narcissistic virtue signaling useful idiots of the left disseminating what is supposed to be facts and the corporate suck ups of the right news networks– I don't see how anything is known to be true. The leaked shit to wikileaks was probably leaked on purpose to throw off the trail.

BUT I DIGRESS, and vids on the history and the people/corporations who began this shitshow?

I want to bitchslap the whiny fag who wrote the article, just from reading that little part.

I'm fucked, aren't I?

Glass the Middle East; Wrestlemania now

The same talking points I see here in Holla Forums relating to Russia. It's the same exact talking point word by word.

No propaganda, no demoralization there. NY Times. :^)

I'm no fuccboy of China but they have the power, weight and pull to influence distant parts of the globe. Even their frienemy like Japan shouldn't be antagonistic to them (in the gonna-try-to-screw-up-all-your-gig sense), unless Japan wants spicaboo merica walking over the archipelago forever and stuffing the leadership of the west in their face.

Political turmoil might drive investment away though. Also Western companies getting their technology stolen while business barriers stay up doesn't help keep them there, with China showing no signs of opening up to internationalist control of its economy.

It used to be that the easiest way to get money out of the US was to move to China because of the cheap labor and the inability for American workers to do anything about it but now that the manufacturing sector has already been gutted the factories can move back to the States fine since the workers have already been laid off long ago, automation in production will hurt the Chinese the most and will be cheaper and safer than dealing with them.

Trump loosening regulations and raising a tariff will help greatly too.

What would the military do, though, that is any different than the Communist Party's central cttee? That's what I don't think people understand. If they don't have viable internal reconstruction solutions, then the only solution is outward expansion, not a coup

haaaa, lekt

*(cont) or greater state repression of the population.

What do you think of Chinese as a people from a Holla Forums perspective?

How will China look like post-collapse politically according to you?

Can we meme China going imperial isolationist again? Do we want to?

All the people I know who have lived/worked there for a long time (I'm talking all the way back to around the early 90s) have been saying it will happen for many years now.

They are also the ones who seem to have the lowest opinion of the Chinese. It's generally the ones who moved there post-2005 or so who have the 'China will rule the world' mindset.

IMO they are overrated as a group. I cringe every time I see 'based Chinese' this or that, because they are not all that. They are also dangerous in the context of Canada and Australia.

There is only one way to sustain a country that is collapsing the way China is.. And that is military expansion. Based on their build up over the past couple of years they will take south east asia. Maybe so far as going into India since they are allied with Pakistan.

China is going into an economic cycle where they're going to try and do what the Japanese will do.

Unfortunately the masses of poor Chinese, are not content to just be socially unified and obedient.

There will be large scale riots, looting, and general lulz. Top kek @ retards who thought China was gonna be the next world power.

Check out Steve Keen on China, dude is 100% on point for what's causing the problems, where they're going, and why they won't be fixed.

A question on China's ethnic and regional divisions: Some writer I read said we should view China more as a Europe-type entity, because the differences from one part of China to the next are as different as, say, the difference between Norway and Greece.

Is this accurate? Do the Chinese differ that much from region to region? And do they have enough rivalry among them to come to blows again, or has that all, mostly, been cleansed by the communists?

I've been there, but these types of nuances were lost on me, I'm afraid.